PDA

View Full Version : World Record Parallel Parking

ronwx5x
08-17-2011, 03:10 PM
Many people consider driving a sport so here is a new world record for parallel parking in a tight spot! Hope he had good insurance in case he missed.

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/man-s-amazing-parallel-parking-job-20110815.html

Roughneck93
08-17-2011, 03:21 PM
Many people consider driving a sport so here is a new world record for parallel parking in a tight spot! Hope he had good insurance in case he missed.

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/man-s-amazing-parallel-parking-job-20110815.html

Wow! I can't even remember when I last parallel parked.

Saggy Aggie
08-17-2011, 03:40 PM
Is that sand on the ground to help him slide in there?

I was expecting an actual parallel park which would've been a lot more impressive imo.

I mean that was cool and all, but I feel like if you give any stunt driver that situation, they could do it in no more than 10 tries.

bobcat4life
08-17-2011, 09:48 PM
Wow! I can't even remember when I last parallel parked.

I think the last time I did was during drivers ed lol

BaseballUmp
08-18-2011, 12:14 AM
How did he get out? The only place I ever parallel park is at the square whenever I go out

Tx Challenge
08-18-2011, 12:57 AM
Nice. I parallel park every day. I suck at it, but still I manage.

Cam
08-18-2011, 11:39 AM
I'm skeered to parallel...so I avoid it...I'm not too bad at it...but it's one of those things I still think I'm gonna someday screw up....and someone will be watchin' and laughin'......which I guess really doesn't matter, cause they probably suck at it too.....

OldNavy
08-18-2011, 11:58 AM
I'm skeered to parallel...so I avoid it...I'm not too bad at it...but it's one of those things I still think I'm gonna someday screw up....and someone will be watchin' and laughin'......which I guess really doesn't matter, cause they probably suck at it too.....

I was taking the class A driving test with my Ford F-350 and 38 ft fifth wheel and they made me parallel park that rig! Of course I will never do that again.

Cam
08-18-2011, 12:39 PM
I was taking the class A driving test with my Ford F-350 and 38 ft fifth wheel and they made me parallel park that rig! Of course I will never do that again.

Jacksonville...really? So, what's the nicest beach there? I'll be headin' there next year sometime. Never been....

OldNavy
08-19-2011, 04:09 PM
Jacksonville...really? So, what's the nicest beach there? I'll be headin' there next year sometime. Never been....

I am no expert, but more tourist go to Jaxsonville Beach out by the pier. There is surfing there as well. There is also a lot of surfers at the north end of Hanna Park, which is in Atlantic Beach. But there are beautiful beaches from Fernandina south to Orlando. Some are more upscale than others, some are state parks, and some are remote. Depends on what you want to do. I don't think you will be disappointed unless you are used to surfing the North Shore of Hawaii.