PDA

View Full Version : TOC South Texas Pre-Season Rankings

Matthew328
08-17-2011, 01:22 PM
http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1253040

Phil C
08-17-2011, 01:29 PM
How can Sinton be ranked higher than Ingleside who is supposed to win the district?

:confused:

Matthew328
08-17-2011, 01:40 PM
How can Sinton be ranked higher than Ingleside who is supposed to win the district?

Those are the local writers picks...I went with the magazine picks for my rankings...personal choice

44INAROW
08-17-2011, 03:00 PM

Have some compassion Phil :crazy:

Johnny Utah
08-17-2011, 03:35 PM
:) Phil, Sinton will win the district almost every year. Ingleside has a lot of Senior talent, but the Pirates are always a force in Region 4.

99IHSMustang
08-17-2011, 09:15 PM
:) Phil, Sinton will win the district almost every year. Ingleside has a lot of Senior talent, but the Pirates are always a force in Region 4.

step away from the kool-aid

MustangFootball
08-17-2011, 09:32 PM
nice top 10....LMAO

Ingleside is use to being over looked.....heck last-year they weren't expected to even make the playoffs and still finished 2nd in district...Ingleside has 7 consecutive playoff appearance has never finished worse than 2nd in district over the last 7 years has 3 district titles along the way has beatin Sinton 3 of the last 5 years....there's no dout that Sinton has dominated this district for years and deserved to be put on pedestal all i have to say keep over-looking our Mustangs we're use to it...its what drives us.

oh its not that Ingleside has a lot of seniors coming back, its that they have a lot of starters 10 on offense and 8 on defense....with a freshman QB and a sophmore RB now in their soph and JR seasons...last-year freshman QB went 5-0 as a starter his first loss came to Sweeny in the first round of the playoffs.:2thumbsup

Gsquared
08-17-2011, 09:38 PM
nice top 10....LMAO

Ingleside is use to being over looked.....heck last-year they weren't expected to even make the playoffs and still finished 2nd in district...Ingleside has 7 consecutive playoff appearance has never finished worse than 2nd in district over the last 7 years has 3 district titles along the way has beatin Sinton 3 of the last 5 years....there's no dout that Sinton has dominated this district for years and deserved to be put on pedestal all i have to say keep over-looking our Mustangs we're use to it...its what drives us.

oh its not that Ingleside has a lot of seniors coming back, its that they have a lot of starters 10 on offense and 8 on defense....with a freshman QB and a sophmore RB now in their soph and JR seasons...last-year freshman QB went 5-0 as a starter his first loss came to Sweeny in the first round of the playoffs.:2thumbsup
My boy just got hired at AP, give him till next year and those kids will be mean as chit, runnin thru brick walls and eatin innards. They will also be able to run in the fall too(track). Just sayin, this boy has a way of turnin things around. AP will be there in the next year.

MustangFootball
08-17-2011, 10:14 PM
My boy just got hired at AP, give him till next year and those kids will be mean as chit, runnin thru brick walls and eatin innards. They will also be able to run in the fall too(track). Just sayin, this boy has a way of turnin things around. AP will be there in the next year.
Congrats to your boy on the job, I hope he turns AP around they have been struggling over the past few years they have had good talent just haven't been able to get things going...i hope he gets them going soon while they still have the only D1 prospect in the district in junior RB William Butler....if he can get Aransas Pass going it will make our district that much more fun.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-17-2011, 10:34 PM
nice top 10....LMAO

oh its not that Ingleside has a lot of seniors coming back, its that they have a lot of starters 10 on offense and 8 on defense....with a freshman QB and a sophmore RB now in their soph and JR seasons...last-year freshman QB went 5-0 as a starter his first loss came to Sweeny in the first round of the playoffs.:2thumbsup I think you're overlooking Sinton, it wasn't no fluke they shut down Ingleside offense last year and put up 49 points by the 3rd qtr. This team is going to be just as good as last year team and better defensively.

Regular season record last 3 years- 28-1 and 33-4 overall with all 4 losses by 7 points.

Ingleside defense improves then its going to be a battle.

MustangFootball
08-17-2011, 11:58 PM
I think you're overlooking Sinton, it wasn't no fluke they shut down Ingleside offense last year and put up 49 points by the 3rd qtr. This team is going to be just as good as last year team and better defensively.

Regular season record last 3 years- 28-1 and 33-4 overall with all 4 losses by 7 points.

Ingleside defense improves then its going to be a battle.
there's no dout in my mind that Sinton won't come out this season and be very good but by no means will this be the same Ingleside team that Sinton seen last-year, Ingleside was still trying to find its way with its QB and offensive direction for some reason Coach H felt it was better to go with the junior QB rather than the hot arm freshman who at that time still hadn't lost a game, with the junior QB we lost games to Zapata, Robstown and with the freshman we beat 4A TM, 4A Beeville and Goliad all leading up to the Sinton game....even in this scrimmage against 5A Laredo Martin Tristan had 5 passing tds with no Ints while senior Matt had 1 Int and no passing tds.....look for this sophmore QB to shine this year.....and yes i understand thats just offense and Sinton torched our defense last-year but look for Ingleside to have made some big adjustments with up coming younger talent I expect some starters to be battling for their jobs I expect them to be using a freshman as a LB, coach Hesseltine is known for using freshman...I know 4 of seniors this year have been on varsity since their freshman year.:thumbsup:

SintonFan
08-18-2011, 12:04 AM
there's no dout in my mind that Sinton won't come out this season and be very good but by no means will this be the same Ingleside team that Sinton seen last-year, Ingleside was still trying to find its way with its QB and offensive direction for some reason Coach H felt it was better to go with the junior QB rather than the hot arm freshman who at that time still hadn't lost a game, with the junior QB we lost games to Zapata, Robstown and with the freshman we beat 4A TM, 4A Beeville and Goliad all leading up to the Sinton game....even in this scrimmage against 5A Laredo Martin Tristan had 5 passing tds with no Ints while senior Matt had 1 Int and no passing tds.....look for this sophmore QB to shine this year.....and yes i understand thats just offense and Sinton torched our defense last-year but look for Ingleside to have made some big adjustments with up coming younger talent I expect some starters to be battling for their jobs I expect them to be using a freshman as a LB, coach Hesseltine is known for using freshman...I know 4 of seniors this year have been on varsity since their freshman year.:thumbsup:

See what you did? You turned a regional thread into an Ingleside thread. How dare you! :D

SintonFan
08-18-2011, 12:04 AM
http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1253040

I likey!!! :clap:

MUSTANG69
08-18-2011, 07:37 AM
See what you did? You turned a regional thread into an Ingleside thread. How dare you! :D

Phil started it. He is always causing trouble.:stirpot:

Johnny Utah
08-18-2011, 04:48 PM
Sinton is going to be much better than people think. Great coaching staff and tradition. Ingleside is having a good run, but I still put my money on the Pirates. Rankings do not mean a thing as everyone knows. As far as AP, hoops it is!! They are going to be good in January and February!!

AP Panther Fan
08-18-2011, 05:08 PM

:clap::clap::clap:

Good news. Tell him time is of the essence...lol.

MustangFootball
08-18-2011, 10:42 PM
Sinton is going to be much better than people think. Great coaching staff and tradition. Ingleside is having a good run, but I still put my money on the Pirates. Rankings do not mean a thing as everyone knows. As far as AP, hoops it is!! They are going to be good in January and February!!

I said it many times and ill say it again i think Sinton will be very good this year and i see them making the playoffs i just think they will finish behind Ingleside and Rockport....I have a really good feeling about Rockport this year....they could be a serious contender for the district title.

raider red 2000
08-18-2011, 10:56 PM
I will be at the Refugio/ Sinton scrimmage on friday. Anyone else going to be there?

SintonFan_inAustin
08-19-2011, 09:37 PM
I will be at the Refugio/ Sinton scrimmage on friday. Anyone else going to be there? It was a pretty good scrimmage with Refugio scoring 3 times to Sinton 1.

Sinton first series stalled at Refugio 29 on some good defense by the Bobcats. next set of downs Sinton pick some big yardage on the ground and scored on qb keeper on 3rd and goal.
Refugio first series on first play qb gets picked off downfield. next set of downs Refugio gets to Sinton 40 and fumbles but its a scrimmage so they retain the ball and drive to Sinton 3 and score on 4th and goal.

2nd teams for both teams didn't score but Refugio 2nd offense stopped on 4th goal.

Next series for 1st team, Refugio defense step it up and forced couple of 3 and out. Sinton did miss on a open a reciever downfield.
Refugio passing game to took off the second time around with big pass play downfield for a td and next series big gain on another pass play and finished it of on a 3rd and goal with a td pass.

Refugio has a big time playmaker at wide out, not sure of his name but heard he was a Baylor commit. Overall a good scrimmage for both teams.

raider red 2000
08-19-2011, 11:16 PM
Refugio has a big time playmaker at wide out, not sure of his name but heard he was a Baylor commit. Overall a good scrimmage for both teams.

name is Lynx Hawthorne- his dad is a coach.....they moved in from Weimar.

Phil C
08-20-2011, 09:59 AM
Phil started it. He is always causing trouble.:stirpot:

And don't forget Mathis who is always tough and Rockport-Fulton looks to be making waves this year. And Goliad is still mad about that masacre in 1836. That increases the risk.

Johnny Utah
08-20-2011, 11:54 AM
Scary indeed Phil. Nice pickups for Refugio, great coaching hire!!