PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Bellville Football

Bull's-eye
08-17-2011, 10:37 AM
What's the latest scoop on the Bulls? I read that they had a good scrimmage vs Yoakum, but hadn't heard much else about this year's team. They have a scrimmage on thursday, might have to drive out to Wharton for a preview. Where's all the Brahma posters?

hookandladder
08-17-2011, 02:00 PM
What's the latest scoop on the Bulls? I read that they had a good scrimmage vs Yoakum, but hadn't heard much else about this year's team. They have a scrimmage on thursday, might have to drive out to Wharton for a preview. Where's all the Brahma posters?

Wow, the Bellville fans have left the house,Guess they are taking the wait and see approach.

MJMbrahmas10
08-17-2011, 05:18 PM
I have no clue what's goin on. I recently moved from bellville. And don't know any of the coaches. So I'm out ofthe loop

Bull's-eye
08-17-2011, 05:49 PM
I have no clue what's goin on. I recently moved from bellville. And don't know any of the coaches. So I'm out ofthe loop

There goes my best source for Bellville football, thanks for all the past info.

rancher
08-17-2011, 07:24 PM
I went Sat. morning in the heat. Looked a lot better than last year. Defense looked good, but Yokum was not a top notch team. Offense side of the ball some good solid inside running but the passing game left a lot on the table. Still lacking speed in the backfield, but good size up front. Coaching staff was fired up and not sleep walking like last year, they made adjustments. Hopefully they continue to improve and become the Bellville of old.

OLE'BULL
08-18-2011, 11:37 AM
I heard the same about the Yoakum scrimmage. Hopefully they continue to build on the momentum and do not get complacent. Yoakum is down this year, hopefully the team understands that. This is what happened with last years team. They looked pretty decent in the scrimmages and I believe they thought they were better than they were. Before they knew it, they were 2-8 and their season was over. I dont believe the new regime will allow them to read their own press clippings... Go Bulls!

zebrablue2
08-19-2011, 07:01 PM
Any reports on Bellville/Wharton scrimmage!

Bull's-eye
08-23-2011, 12:11 PM
Any reports on Bellville/Wharton scrimmage!

Both first teams scored twice, Wharton also got a score from their 2nd unit. Wharton has a new coaching staff & they look like a completely different team from what I have watched in the past few years. I remember one play where the Tiger player jumped off-sides, the coach hollered you are playing like last year's Wharton team. Their spread offense provided Bellville's defense with a much tougher test & more options to defend than their previous scrimmage. Wharton scored on their opening drive, but Bellville's defense played much better in the remainder of the scrimmage. Bellville's offense had good success with their quick straight ahead running, especially #7. Passing game & pass protection needs more work.

buff4ever
08-23-2011, 01:19 PM
Brahmas suck:1popcorn:jk

zebrablue2
08-24-2011, 04:23 PM
Brahmas suck:1popcorn:jk

When FBB finishes cutting down all those dead trees, he will get back at ya:D:1popcorn: