PDA

View Full Version : Porter HS, New Caney ISD

Saggy Aggie
08-16-2011, 10:37 PM
My little brother is going to be going there next year. Can anyone tell me about it?

trojandad
08-16-2011, 10:53 PM
theres not much to tell, have for years been the whipping child for humble, caney creek, conroe, even cleveland and woodlands.....they had a good coach that brough recognition back in the early 80's, but just dont ever seem to have the fan base to invest in the program as a 4a-5a school needs to compete....they just seem to be happy to play .500 ball and watch the winners south and west of them advance...

Ernest T Bass
08-16-2011, 10:59 PM
Porter is the brand new school in New Caney ISD. Top notch facilities, but suck other than that. They have a straight runnin' legend in the making as their assistant basketball coach, I know that!

trojandad
08-16-2011, 11:13 PM
theres not much to tell, have for years been the whipping child for humble, caney creek, conroe, even cleveland and woodlands.....they had a good coach that brough recognition back in the early 80's, but just dont ever seem to have the fan base to invest in the program as a 4a-5a school needs to compete....they just seem to be happy to play .500 ball and watch the winners south and west of them advance...

your right, etb, i was talking about new caney and he was asking about the new school, my bad....my first win as a qb was against new caneys 7th grade team, will never forget it....

Saggy Aggie
08-17-2011, 12:08 AM
your right, etb, i was talking about new caney and he was asking about the new school, my bad....my first win as a qb was against new caneys 7th grade team, will never forget it....yeah lol, was gonna say Porter definitely hasn't been around since the 80's lol

HEMOTOXIC
08-17-2011, 07:38 AM
Navasota was in the district with New Caney back when we were 4A. As someone stated earlier, their facilities are top notch. I don't recall them having a good football team since Adam Dunn was there. In basketball, they always gave Navasota great games. As far as Porter goes, it's a new program that will have their hands full playing the likes of Humble, Atascosita, etc.

mwynn05
08-17-2011, 12:34 PM
It's a good school especially academically. Good facilities. When the school opened they opened 9,10,11 and played varsity everything so they took some knocks last year. It will also take some time to catch up because the jr and sr classes are small due lots of kids having exemptions to stay at New Caney. The area is about to explode with growth with a disneyland like amusement park in the works between New Caney and Porter. Exxon is also moving their world headquarter to a campus in Spring which will employ 10,000 and part of the deal for Exxon building in the area is the construction of the Grand Parkway which will be a major freeway to the Exxon campus with one end starting in Katy and the other in New Caney. District is pretty tough its: K- Park, Summer Creek, Humble, New Caney, Caney Creek, Willis, Huntsville, and Porter