PDA

View Full Version : jim thome's 600th...

trojandad
08-16-2011, 07:16 AM
you know, baseball has lost me as a fan for quite awhile, asking us for years to believe who is and isnt juicing, who is cheating, etc, but all during that time if i was was passing the tube and thome was batting id stop and watch....the guy has a swing that even watching him strike out is amazing....maybe one day ill find out hes cheating too, but i like the fact that he carried his beer gut, 40+ year old body around proudly, not having to look like a 20 yr old superman like clemens, rodriguez, bonds, etc....

i cant remember the last time i was happy someone reached 600 hr, and maybe someday hell let us down, too, but for right now he sure looks like he did it the right way, and id pay to go watch him strike out 4 times....congrats to him and his family....

Roughneck93
08-16-2011, 07:44 AM
Good for him. I've always been a fan of Jim Thome and tend to believe that he did it the right way. Congrats! :clap:

eagles_victory
08-16-2011, 11:30 AM
Huge Jim Thome fan here and I'd be shocked if I find out he roided. He is a stand up guy and everyone and I mean everyone has great things to say about him.

zebrablue2
08-16-2011, 07:55 PM
Huge Jim Thome fan here and I'd be shocked if I find out he roided. He is a stand up guy and everyone and I mean everyone has great things to say about him.

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

Tejastrue
08-16-2011, 08:26 PM
Been a life long Ranger fan and it seemed he always had a big hit against us in his days with Cleveland. I cringed every time he came to the plate. Sweet swing. No reason to think he ever touched the stuff.