PDA

View Full Version : North East Texasns

Gsquared
08-15-2011, 02:19 PM
Any of you have first hand look at LE? Ive heard from two reliable sources in the Texarkana area that LE has more speed this year than they have had in years.

MGAR
08-15-2011, 02:33 PM
Your kidding right?

Gsquared
08-15-2011, 02:36 PM
Your kidding right?
Nope, bein serious. Heard they have three or four summer sprinters. They could be jackin with me though. Guess we'll see in a few weeks.

MGAR
08-15-2011, 02:47 PM
LE didn't seem all that fast to me...

Granted, not many teams faster than us but when they were matched up with SH wasn't really that much of a difference.

cowboyandchrist
08-15-2011, 05:12 PM
Any of you have first hand look at LE? Ive heard from two reliable sources in the Texarkana area that LE has more speed this year than they have had in years.
They came to Tatum along with Spring Hill for a 3 way scrimmage. They were bigger than last year and the speed was good. They did not score on us, but did on Spring Hill. They have an O lineman that is 6' 9" 395 lbs and was pretty good. LE will compete and make the playoffs. It was the first scrimmage and no way of knowing how good they can be. Our Defense played very good against them. We will scrimmage 4a Kilgore this week. I will know more about LE after I see how we do against Kilgore, they have a TCU commit at running back.

MGAR
08-15-2011, 05:17 PM
They came to Tatum along with Spring Hill for a 3 way scrimmage. They were bigger than last year and the speed was good. They did not score on us, but did on Spring Hill. They have an O lineman that is 6' 9" 395 lbs and was pretty good. LE will compete and make the playoffs. It was the first scrimmage and no way of knowing how good they can be. Our Defense played very good against them. We will scrimmage 4a Kilgore this week. I will know more about LE after I see how we do against Kilgore, they have a TCU commit at running back.

You thought big boy was good?

When you are 6-8 395 pounds you go no business cut blocking.. I'd be shocked if he made all-district this year.

The smaller big boy was pretty good, had a good motor on him.

Last year the TCU commit was limited on playing time in scrimmage. Hopefully he will get some carries this week.

Gsquared
08-16-2011, 06:41 AM
If I had a kid 6-8 395 id play a 3-4 scheme, move him to NG and tell him to just fall sideways at the snap everytime. Thats it, just fall. You wouldnt run on us cuz the RB cant jump a mountain of hamburger meat everytime you run the run.

MGAR
08-16-2011, 08:16 AM
If I had a kid 6-8 395 id play a 3-4 scheme, move him to NG and tell him to just fall sideways at the snap everytime. Thats it, just fall. You wouldnt run on us cuz the RB cant jump a mountain of hamburger meat everytime you run the run.

Their nose guard was small. Only 315 lol

But that's exactly what San Augustine did when they were somehow on our schedule back in the late 90s... Big boy would just fall down and wiggle.

Pendragon13
08-16-2011, 08:23 AM
Ever time I see this thread I think "Texasians"....and most of those are in the DFW/Houston areas.:)

buckeyebob
08-16-2011, 02:58 PM
LE didn't seem all that fast to me...

Granted, not many teams faster than us but when they were matched up with SH wasn't really that much of a difference.

http://clicksmilies.com/s1106/teufel/devil-smiley-083.gif http://clicksmilies.com/s1106/teufel/devil-smiley-083.gif

Txbroadcaster
08-16-2011, 03:48 PM
You thought big boy was good?

When you are 6-8 395 pounds you go no business cut blocking.. I'd be shocked if he made all-district this year.

The smaller big boy was pretty good, had a good motor on him.

Last year the TCU commit was limited on playing time in scrimmage. Hopefully he will get some carries this week.

whether he cut blocks or not depends on the scheme not the player