PDA

View Full Version : Epic Longhorn Network/7on7 Quote

Old Tiger
08-15-2011, 11:39 AM
Dodds asked how many Aggies were in the crowd. When one of the Aggies asked if airing high school games on the Longhorn Network would be an unfair advantage for Texas, Dodds asked the Aggie about the state 7-on-7 tournament featuring high school players on the College Station campus every summer.

Dodds smiled and asked, "Do you know how we feel about that tournament being in College Station?" Then he smiled and said, "You probably don't because we never talk about it."

Red Bull
08-15-2011, 12:50 PM
Epic? You have to be kidding me. Comparing the Longhorn Network that will be seen by millions of viewers nationwide to something that is not even aired on live regional TV. Yes these kids and parents get to come to campus, but so does a lot of athletes for Texas Relays each year.

This is not even worth mentioning. 7 on 7? Please. Texas never brought it up for it doesn't matter. There is a reason why LHN can't show high school games and NCAA took care of that. Nothing will be done with 7 on 7. Heck Texas can surely have it if you wanted it.

Old Tiger
08-15-2011, 12:53 PM
Epic? You have to be kidding me. Comparing the Longhorn Network that will be seen by millions of viewers nationwide to something that is not even aired on live regional TV. Yes these kids and parents get to come to campus, but so does a lot of athletes for Texas Relays each year.

This is not even worth mentioning. 7 on 7? Please. Texas never brought it up for it doesn't matter. There is a reason why LHN can't show high school games and NCAA took care of that. Nothing will be done with 7 on 7. Heck Texas can surely have it if you wanted it.7on7 is heading to where AAU basketball is so it is a huge deal.

Red Bull
08-15-2011, 03:21 PM
If you say so. From what I understand the SEC does not allow for school to host 7 on 7 or similar events so Texas can have it. Look how much it has done for A&M the last 10-15 years.

eagles_victory
08-16-2011, 02:12 AM
7on7 is heading to where AAU basketball is so it is a huge deal. It is I don't think it will ever reach the level it has in basketball (where it is out of control) but the problem is growing. I'm not sure the location of it makes a whole lot of difference though.