PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for my wife and I please

coach
08-14-2011, 02:06 PM
I have never done this before but i am asking my fellow downlow friends to keep my wife and I in your prayers tonight.

If you are sensitive about animals i advise you not to read

Yesterday was my wife's birthday. She has an 11 year old Dauschand. (sp?) Since i will be coaching i figured i needed to get her a new dog for a couple of reasons. 1. Her dog is getting older and i thought it would be an easier transition for her when the older dog finally passes. And 2. I felt that with having two dogs she would have more company when im out of town for games. Well, we went to the Animal shelter and picked us out a 6 week old beagle/cocker spaniel mix. We brought it back to the house and Zoey (the older dog) was not to sure about the new pet. She first growled at it then slowly started trying to play with it. Well the wife and I decided to go to the bar with some friends. I decided to put the puppy in our bedroom and close the door just in case Zoey attacked it while we were gone. We came home about 1 am and the bedroom door had been pushed open. I knew right then and there that something bad had happened. Zoey had killed our new puppy. It was an awful scene and hard on my wife bc she has had this dog since the 5th grade and the dog had never hurt a fly before. She is having a hard time even looking at the dog and does not understand that it is just an animal and did the natural instinct of an animal.

bobcat1
08-14-2011, 02:27 PM
You got it coach. Prayers sent.

trojandad
08-14-2011, 03:57 PM
so sorry for you and her....prayers sent....

LH Panther Mom
08-14-2011, 05:22 PM
:( That's really tough. I'll keep you both in my prayers.

Old Tiger
08-14-2011, 05:48 PM
that sucks and is CRAZY.

txkmom
08-14-2011, 07:51 PM
I can sympathize. We got a male spaniel/beagle mix 9 years ago, and got a male mini dachshund when the first dog was about a year old. They lived together for 7 years with few skirmishes, then one day the older dog shook the dachshund and attacked him until he was blinded and so injured we had to put him down. I was destroyed. Neither dog had ever given us any problems. We don't know what provoked it, and the older dog really declined after the incident. My daughter, with some reservations on my part, got another dog from the pound. We made sure the new dog was female and a larger breed so old guy had company that he could not overpower. So far, so good.