PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood vs Eastland

orange machine
08-13-2011, 11:41 PM
Anybody have any first hand knowledge of how this went? I read in the Brownwood paper that they had a wake up call against Eastland.

Yoe_09
08-13-2011, 11:46 PM
http://www.brownwoodnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5949:first-scrimmage-for-lions-in-eastland-photos-a-video&catid=39:sports&Itemid=62

orange machine
08-13-2011, 11:56 PM
Hmm first scrimmage doesnt sound so good according to the article and listening to Bob talk. I'm sure they will tweak some things.

LIONS#1
08-14-2011, 11:51 AM
Gotta love Coach Shipley!!! He knows how to get it done...mentally and physically!! That video clip will translate into harder working football players and a desire to achieve goals laid down by last years team. Love how he gets in the heads of these boys and inspires them to be better. He has his work cut out for him with all these young guys!!

orange machine
08-14-2011, 12:04 PM
Gotta love Coach Shipley!!! He knows how to get it done...mentally and physically!! That video clip will translate into harder working football players and a desire to achieve goals laid down by last years team. Love how he gets in the heads of these boys and inspires them to be better. He has his work cut out for him with all these young guys!!
Were you at the game any insight as to how it went?From the sound of the paper and Bob talking it didn't go to well for Brownwood?

Sweetwater Red
08-14-2011, 12:39 PM
Were you at the game any insight as to how it went?From the sound of the paper and Bob talking it didn't go to well for Brownwood?

Wow :doh:

Bosqueville
08-14-2011, 12:42 PM
Wow :doh:

Orange Machine would love nothing more...

Looking4number8
08-14-2011, 12:47 PM
Anybody have any first hand knowledge of how this went? I read in the Brownwood paper that they had a wake up call against Eastland.

Why does it matter to you, your coach was afraid to play us last year so you dont get a shot this year either.... :stirpot::wave:

bobcat1
08-14-2011, 02:35 PM
Why does it matter to you, your coach was afraid to play us last year so you dont get a shot this year either.... :stirpot::wave:I am shocked hearing that from you.:lies:

orange machine
08-14-2011, 02:37 PM
I'm just asking a legit question why all this hidden agenda crap? Brownwood fans have said since 2 a days started how great they have looked and to watch out for them and then we didn't hear anything about tge scrimmage. I'm sorry for touching a sore spot geez I had no malice intended. Yall are a bunch of over grown Jerks Lol just through that in for the theatrics.

Looking4number8
08-14-2011, 03:32 PM
I'm just asking a legit question why all this hidden agenda crap? Brownwood fans have said since 2 a days started how great they have looked and to watch out for them and then we didn't hear anything about tge scrimmage. I'm sorry for touching a sore spot geez I had no malice intended. Yall are a bunch of over grown Jerks Lol just through that in for the theatrics.

Did you not notice the" :stirpot:" Just messing with ya... geez

orange machine
08-14-2011, 03:37 PM
Did you not notice the" :stirpot:" Just messing with ya... geez
Sorry I didn't mean that to you but the other brownies who took offense

Bosqueville
08-14-2011, 04:16 PM
I found a lot of positives after the scrimmage. Our new quarterback ran for 2 TDs of 70 yards. Ratliff had several long runs. Of course there will be things to work on. We will be a running team and that will be new. I remember after our first scrimmage last year Shipley had much of the same response..

orange machine
08-14-2011, 04:51 PM
Thanks for giving us an update.

cowboyandchrist
08-14-2011, 07:02 PM
With Rocket being hush hush about the scrimmage, it does not sound good for the Lions. They lost a lot of very good players from last years team. Brownwood may not fair so good this year. Good luck Brownwood. I am glad I got to watch one of the best High School football games ever when you played the Dawgs.

Tin Cup
08-14-2011, 07:56 PM
If memory serves me correct we weren't all that impressive against eastland last year in the scrimmage. But who cares. It's about getting some reps and learning. If we did that, it was a huge success. We will be just fine when the events where a score is actually kept comes around.

LionKing
08-14-2011, 09:28 PM
I was there, not lots to say, Shipley kept it pretty vanilla offensively (very few plays or formations), tried mainly to run the ball, most passes were short passes, Mitch the QB burned Eastland not once, but twice with 2 70yds td runs on zone reads, Eastland had one long pass completion where the defender stopped and let the receiver go, other than that, just mainly a practice session.

Eagle 1
08-14-2011, 09:40 PM
So what was the score?

ccmom
08-14-2011, 10:18 PM
So what was the score?Brownwood 3 Eastland 2 is what I heard, but that's third hand info at best

BwdLion73
08-14-2011, 10:30 PM
Good Grief people. :1popcorn::)

Ernest T Bass
08-14-2011, 10:39 PM
I do believe that this should be cause for concern. Eastland is not only a 2a program, but also not a very good one. This should be a blowout for Brownwood, even on a down year(which this shouldn't be, just not as good as last year's super team). But the fact that Eastland was able to stay on the field with them would concern me if I had any vested interest in the Lions.

BwdLion73
08-14-2011, 10:43 PM
I do believe that this should be cause for concern. Eastland is not only a 2a program, but also not a very good one. This should be a blowout for Brownwood, even on a down year(which this shouldn't be, just not as good as last year's super team). But the fact that Eastland was able to stay on the field with them would concern me if I had any vested interest in the Lions.

;) :):):)

hollywood
08-15-2011, 09:05 AM
Good grief. Might as well call off the season... there's work to be done after the first scrimmage. :)

BEAST
08-15-2011, 09:11 AM
This is a direct quote from one of our coaches to me....

"We ran the ball very well. Eastland was sending a blitz on EVERY play so it was tough to get a good read on the passing game. If we'd prepared for them at all, we'd have killed them throwing also.

Guys, its a scrimmage. I was also told we were more concerned about seeing some other guys instead of our main guys. Got to build some depth.

BEAST

95mustang
08-15-2011, 09:11 AM

Last years scrimmage had just about the same results. I'm not going to throw in the towel just yet.

Trashman
08-15-2011, 09:34 AM

http://alltimenews.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Abandon-Ship.jpg

:stirpot:

LionKing
08-15-2011, 10:38 AM
I do believe that this should be cause for concern. Eastland is not only a 2a program, but also not a very good one. This should be a blowout for Brownwood, even on a down year(which this shouldn't be, just not as good as last year's super team). But the fact that Eastland was able to stay on the field with them would concern me if I had any vested interest in the Lions.Would have been a blow out if they'd actually run the actual offense, receivers were always open on plays, but tried mainly to run the ball, and did it well, even though Eastland blitzed every play on runs, hence the 2 70 yds. runs, only concern I had was the intensity play level, there was none, but nothing coaches can't take care of.

orange machine
08-15-2011, 10:45 AM
This is a direct quote from one of our coaches to me....

"We ran the ball very well. Eastland was sending a blitz on EVERY play so it was tough to get a good read on the passing game. If we'd prepared for them at all, we'd have killed them throwing also.

Guys, its a scrimmage. I was also told we were more concerned about seeing some other guys instead of our main guys. Got to build some depth.

BEAST
That exactly the same thing that happened in our scrimmage with Nolan last week. Nolan kicked our butts during the controlled part because our starters didn't play much at all. Then when we played the live qt we destroyed them. I don't put to much stock in scrimmages especially when it's obvious your backups are getting most of the work to see what they are gonna be able to do.

LionFan72
08-15-2011, 11:31 AM

Were you at the scrimmage, jeez, sounds like you know everything, just pop your corn, drag up a chair, take your chill pills daily, and don't forget, and don't pass judgement on what you don't know for a fact. Or maybe you represent the press corp, we all know how well you get your facts. Peace out bro, it is just a scrimmage and yes we have a lot of holes to fill, coaches are taking a look to complete the book. Brownwood will play, you can bank on it!

orange machine
08-15-2011, 11:38 AM
Were you at the scrimmage, jeez, sounds like you know everything, just pop your corn, drag up a chair, take your chill pills daily, and don't forget, and don't pass judgement on what you don't know for a fact. Or maybe you represent the press corp, we all know how well you get your facts. Peace out bro, it is just a scrimmage and yes we have a lot of holes to fill, coaches are taking a look to complete the book. Brownwood will play, you can bank on it!
I think he was just messing around with you guys. It's a first scrimmage like I said earlier that generally when most of the back up players get the most playing time to see what they are capable of. This weeks scrimmage should give people a better feel of what your team has and even at that things still won't be crisp and 100%. I know Celina doesn't do anything fantastic during scrimmages just runs the basic offense no flavor at all to it. Next week adoring 0 week more will be added and by dist. The full arsenal will be unloaded.

LionFan72
08-15-2011, 11:53 AM
Honestly, I cant say that we will be fabulous or world beaters this year, I do know we will have a very talented and good running game, a very good Qb capable of leading the team deep in the playoffs, a very stingy defense (big improvement over what we have had last 3 seasons) and a growing receiving corp, and the heart of a Brownwood Lion! Tradition runs deep here, and we do expect winners, and are seldom disappointed with the boys efforts, what more can you ask.

LIONS#1
08-15-2011, 12:18 PM
A vanilla scrimmage can translate to motivation for the kids. I believe The Coaches are looking at the big picture right now and are using the scrimmages as a tool to better the team. One has no further to look than NFL preseason to figure that out..LOL Scores are meaningless at this point...other than controversial conversation :stirpot: I look for the same results in the next scrimmage...a feeling out process that will weed out the players and get them one step closer to finding the #1 guy for each position as well as two deep. Just the fact that there were very little passes thrown sends a signal that we are just focused on the basics right now. When you have the turnover that Brownwood has had this past year you tend to take things one day at a time instead of leaps and bounds. This team is a different team from last years and will take time to jell as new players are put in positions vacated by graduation. This staff will have things Ironed out on what they can and can't do come 1st game. After the Stephenville game we will know where we stand. Gotta love this time of year!!! GO LIONS!!

Trashman
08-15-2011, 01:43 PM
Anybody (brownwood fans included) who takes the results of one scrimmage to predict the success or failure of a season has lost their ever loving mind.

Rocket
08-15-2011, 02:04 PM
I heard backups played most of the scrimmage. Coach Shipley is a classy coach and would make an 88-24 game sound like a hard fought battle against a good team. LOL
Our coaches are the best. Our players are the best. Our team is the best. Getting closer to the 2011 Season and I can smell victory as strong as ever.

Get ready, 3A.

Matthew328
08-15-2011, 03:26 PM

ETB hates the press especially since he's coaching at a powerhouse school now..too many interview requests...

Ernest T Bass
08-16-2011, 12:23 AM

http://drugster.info/img/drug/midol-maximum-strength-menstrual-15022_2.jpg
You're welcome