PDA

View Full Version : CONGRATS SLP --- 2011 CCISD Spikefest Champions!!!

pirate4state
08-13-2011, 07:01 PM
Sinton Lady Pirates defeat Calallen in 5 games to claim the top prize at CCISD's Spikefest. Congrats. Looking forward to watching them this season. :clap:

sinton66
08-15-2011, 06:22 AM
WOO hoo! Congrats Ladies. May be a great season this year.

Phil C
08-15-2011, 11:05 AM
:cheerl:

Vrabird
08-15-2011, 11:28 AM
Awesome tournament by our girls!! They never gave up and continued to fight for every point. Also placed 3 girls on all tourney team!!! Rematch with Calallen in Calallen on Tuesday night. Should be another close hard fought match!!! Go SLP!!

pirate4state
08-15-2011, 01:01 PM
Awesome tournament by our girls!! They never gave up and continued to fight for every point. Also placed 3 girls on all tourney team!!! Rematch with Calallen in Calallen on Tuesday night. Should be another close hard fought match!!! Go SLP!!

So is my schedule wrong? No games today?

44INAROW
08-15-2011, 01:10 PM
:clap:nice job Lady Pirates! :clap:

SintonFan_inAustin
08-15-2011, 01:31 PM
Congrats Lady Pirates!

Phil C
08-15-2011, 02:27 PM
So is my schedule wrong? No games today?

My schedules shows that they have a tri tournment in Victoria with Victoria East and Cuero today. Tomorrow it says Calallen there.

The games with Cuero tonight has me concerned since that is where Riflearm is now coaching. Scary times indeed. :(

pirate4state
08-15-2011, 02:31 PM
My schedules shows that they have a tri tournment in Victoria with Victoria East and Cuero today. Tomorrow it says Calallen there.

The games with Cuero tonight has me concerned since that is where Riflearm is now coaching. Scary times indeed. :( My schedule had us playing Cuero/Carroll in Sinton, but I don't think that's right either.

Phil C
08-15-2011, 02:37 PM
My schedule had us playing Cuero/Carroll in Sinton, but I don't think that's right either.

I was just told by one of the parents that the match in Victoria has been cancelled. So don't anyone go over there thinking there will be any games. The next match is in Calallen tomorrow I was told.

Vrabird
08-15-2011, 03:12 PM
I think our girls are a little beat up and exhausted from the CC tourney. Coach Kieschnick realized that it may be better to recuperate then to travel to Victoria tonight. Rest up and take it to Calallen tomorrow night. All SLP fans need to be there tomorrow at 5:00 to support the girls and to prove that are girls our for real!! Gonna be a war again in the Calallen gym!!

pirate4state
08-15-2011, 03:46 PM
I think our girls are a little beat up and exhausted from the CC tourney. Coach Kieschnick realized that it may be better to recuperate then to travel to Victoria tonight. Rest up and take it to Calallen tomorrow night. All SLP fans need to be there tomorrow at 5:00 to support the girls and to prove that our girls are for real!! Gonna be a war again in the Calallen gym!! Varsity should get started around 8??

Vrabird
08-15-2011, 04:03 PM
Asked my daughter and she said Coach Kieschnick said the varsity will start at 6:00pm.

pirate4state
08-15-2011, 06:09 PM
Asked my daughter and she said Coach Kieschnick said the varsity will start at 6:00pm. Cool. I can stop by on my way home from work. :thumbsup:

SintonFan
08-15-2011, 09:41 PM
Congratulations Lady Pirates!!! :clap:

Phil C
08-16-2011, 10:39 PM
According to the Corpus Christi Caller Times web site Calallen took advantage of the home court and won a close 3-2 match. The teams are evenly match and maybe they can have a third game if they both win district and meet in a warmup game. I think it would be beneficial to both teams but of course there is still some non district matches and both teams are in a tough district. They have played at a neutral site and Calallen so hopefully the third match would be in Sinton.

pirate4state
08-17-2011, 01:01 PM
According to the Corpus Christi Caller Times web site Calallen took advantage of the home court and won a close 3-2 match. The teams are evenly match and maybe they can have a third game if they both win district and meet in a warmup game. I think it would be beneficial to both teams but of course there is still some non district matches and both teams are in a tough district. They have played at a neutral site and Calallen so hopefully the third match would be in Sinton.

Was my first time watching our girls this season. Looked VERY rusty and tired in Game 1. They got it handed to them (7-25), but what I liked is that they didn't let it get them down and they bounced back and won Games 2 (25-19) & 3 (25-20) and should have won game 4 (24-26). Game 5 was just an error fest and it quickly got out of control and Calallen beat them 15-6. It was not pretty.

Looking forward to district, but first they have a few more tourneys to attend and a few more non-district games. Sinton hosts their annual tourney beginning Thursday. Good luck SLP!