PDA

View Full Version : MR rating on Data Poll?

bd0707
11-19-2002, 12:53 PM
Does anyone know what this rating represents?

3ABirdMan
11-21-2002, 12:20 AM
I E-mailed Brian @ DataPoll and asked the same question. He was kind enough to reply. This is the reply I received....

"I have not yet added the MR explanation to the site. It is a completely seperate rating system that only takes into account if you win or lose, and who you play (point differential not used). A teams ranking is a combination of the power and MR rating."

Old Dog
11-21-2002, 12:46 AM
The MR explanation certainly took the luster off the that poll, especially when I looked at where several good teams were ranked (such as Everman).

Kennedale Wildcats
11-21-2002, 09:07 AM
EVERMAN HASN'T BEATEN ANYBODY?

They are going to have to prove how good they are in the playoffs.

justanopinion
11-21-2002, 09:52 AM
WOW!!!! I never thought I would see that post.

PPHSfan
11-21-2002, 10:07 AM
I never thought I would see that post either. But then if you look at Evermans Schedule, the only ranked team they played this year was Kennendale, and they Lost that game. But I would still not count Everman out by any means. They have a tough game this week.

OldSchool
11-21-2002, 10:54 AM
1st- It is true that Everman hasn't played a tough schedule, but that is not their fault. All of the teams they played in non-district were very good last year. No one knew that they would not be as successful this year.

2nd- They have done what all great teams do and that is kill everyone. Lot's of times teams that are such big underdogs play down to their competition... That has not been the case. ex. Just ask Lake Dallas.

3rd- Their only loss came to an obviously very good Kennedale team. So far the only weakness I have seen from them is that they are too overconfident. example: Just look at all of their posts.

My prediction is that Everman is going to roll into the state game. Good luck "dawgs"