PDA

View Full Version : jasper vs coldspring scrimmage....

trojandad
08-13-2011, 04:31 PM
any jasper fans see this today? jdog and i were both unable to make it, and i wont get any tape on it until wednesday.....sure would appreciate any opinions......thanks.....

j_dog
08-13-2011, 05:19 PM
From SE Texas site, apparently Jasper and CS first string each scored once, CS second team scored once, and CS scored again, which group not stated. No final report yet posted.

j_dog
08-13-2011, 09:37 PM
Video of the Scrimmage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXVTuNnol9M&feature=player_embedded

trojandad
08-13-2011, 10:01 PM
jasper has some huge, quick lineman....jasper has always seemed to have a tiny tiny back to run behind their huge linemen....sometimes i wish theyd give one of those nimble footed linemen a backs number and let him run behind that line.....those small backs seem to be able to be brought down with arm tackles....i like that wr they have, he has good speed.....

barbay had a few guys on defense i hope he keeps on defense......our qb looks 20 lb heavier than last year, thatll help him along the way.....

j_dog
08-13-2011, 11:27 PM
jasper has some huge, quick lineman....jasper has always seemed to have a tiny tiny back to run behind their huge linemen....sometimes i wish theyd give one of those nimble footed linemen a backs number and let him run behind that line.....those small backs seem to be able to be brought down with arm tackles....i like that wr they have, he has good speed.....

barbay had a few guys on defense i hope he keeps on defense......our qb looks 20 lb heavier than last year, thatll help him along the way.....
just read that Jasper's line averages 275 pounds. didn't say if that was offense or defense, or both. assuming that it was the OL. (probably just hype! :stirpot:)

Coldspring clearly was ahead of Jasper today. Expect CS to go a long way again this year.

trojandad
08-14-2011, 03:26 PM
just read that Jasper's line averages 275 pounds. didn't say if that was offense or defense, or both. assuming that it was the OL. (probably just hype! :stirpot:)

Coldspring clearly was ahead of Jasper today. Expect CS to go a long way again this year.

just saw tape on it from a friend, there were a lot more of our big plays included than on the jasper tape....unofficial numbers had us going for almost twice jaspers yardage, twice the 1st downs and 2 more tds....that wr for jasper is outstanding tho, hes gonna play somewhere on saturdays, for sure....

exciting thing is our qb completed 7 of 9 for over 100 yds according to my friend....more passing and FAR better completions than you would see from us in several games last year.....might accidentally be a good year....

jasper appears bigger than 275 a man, they are monsters again.....

j_dog
08-14-2011, 09:23 PM
just saw tape on it from a friend, there were a lot more of our big plays included than on the jasper tape....unofficial numbers had us going for almost twice jaspers yardage, twice the 1st downs and 2 more tds....that wr for jasper is outstanding tho, hes gonna play somewhere on saturdays, for sure....

exciting thing is our qb completed 7 of 9 for over 100 yds according to my friend....more passing and FAR better completions than you would see from us in several games last year.....might accidentally be a good year....

jasper appears bigger than 275 a man, they are monsters again.....
and if that Carthage coaching success is transferred to Jasper ........ !!! :1popcorn::1popcorn::1popcorn:

coaching level seems to have been down for a few years at Jasper. If Coach Morgan can deliver on his own what he helped deliver at Carthage, maybe Jasper will at least reverse last year's 2-8 record.

trojandad
08-14-2011, 09:42 PM
and if that Carthage coaching success is transferred to Jasper ........ !!! :1popcorn::1popcorn::1popcorn:

coaching level seems to have been down for a few years at Jasper. If Coach Morgan can deliver on his own what he helped deliver at Carthage, maybe Jasper will at least reverse last year's 2-8 record.

was his son the carthage qb last year?

j_dog
08-14-2011, 10:58 PM
was his son the carthage qb last year?
from what I heard, no relation.