PDA

View Full Version : Columbus at Giddings scrimmage

1st and goal
08-13-2011, 01:32 PM
I got there during the last part of the JV and our JV offense looked good. They even completed a handful of passes.

Varsity

Columbus Offense took the field 1st and Giddings D played very well as to be expected with the offense trying to find their "sync". Columbus QB was hurried and never looked comfortable. I don't think they made even 1 first down while the Buffs 1st string was playing. Columbus receivers dropped some catchable passes. Need to work on their timing. The Buffs 2nd string allowed some 1st downs but no scores. 1 player for Columbus had to be shouldered off the field. I hope he's alright, he didn't want to put any weight on his left foot after being tackled. I'm guessing he's a RB???

I think the Buffs Offense scored 3 times but I know that 2 would've been called back for holding.

As expected, I think both teams' defense was ahead of their offense.

It looked like the Buffs are testing Jackie Wade at QB, he may be considered the starter IDK... Glenn looked good and so did Fitzhenry carrying the ball for a TD after 2nd and even 3rd effort. Don't know what moves the coach will make but I sure was happy with the "D's" performance.

Looking forward to Wimberley next Thursday. Unless a rain miracle happens, it will be brutally hot.