08-12-2011, 10:41 PM
Varsity- No controlled quarter

Navasota 4- Sealy 0

15 plays-Navasota 1st team-1 Sealy 1st team 0
15 plays-Navasota 2nd team-1 Sealy 2nd team 0
15 plays- Navasota 1st team-0 Sealy 1st team 0
15 plays- Navasota 2nd team-0 Sealy 2nd team 0
10 plays- Navasota mixed 2- Sealy mixed-0

Overall, the defense was the bright spot. The offense will need some work, that was expected. I think we should be ok by district.

Navasota JV 5 Sealy 0

Navasota Freshman 4 Sealy 1

MGAR
08-12-2011, 11:01 PM
I know two 3A teams no one has to worry about.

Spring Hill and Liberty-Eylau... LE will make playoffs due to lack of district and SH will finish maybe last in theirs...

LE does have the biggest kid I have ever seen. 6'8 397.... and he was cut blocking people too.

trojandad
08-13-2011, 07:03 AM
Varsity- No controlled quarter

Navasota 4- Sealy 0

15 plays-Navasota 1st team-1 Sealy 1st team 0
15 plays-Navasota 2nd team-1 Sealy 2nd team 0
15 plays- Navasota 1st team-0 Sealy 1st team 0
15 plays- Navasota 2nd team-0 Sealy 2nd team 0
10 plays- Navasota mixed 2- Sealy mixed-0

Overall, the defense was the bright spot. The offense will need some work, that was expected. I think we should be ok by district.

Navasota JV 5 Sealy 0

Navasota Freshman 4 Sealy 1

my wife was down in her back last night so i needed to stay home with her, but an aggie friend of hers went to your scrimmage and brought tape of it by last night....i liked the way navasotas o line looked, i saw holes there that it looked like the backs were just one hole off from...takes a bit for some backs to trust their o line sometimes....i expected sealy to look much better....i know its early but if they look anything like that against wimberley, theyre gonna have their hands full IMO....the air game cant be expected to be good this early, especially for teams like the rattlers that mix up play calling well....overall id be real happy with what i saw....

im gonna put it off to early season and a bad night for sealy before dropping them in my thoughts, they had too good a team last year to minimize.....

HEMOTOXIC
08-13-2011, 07:14 AM
my wife was down in her back last night so i needed to stay home with her, but an aggie friend of hers went to your scrimmage and brought tape of it by last night....i liked the way navasotas o line looked, i saw holes there that it looked like the backs were just one hole off from...takes a bit for some backs to trust their o line sometimes....i expected sealy to look much better....i know its early but if they look anything like that against wimberley, theyre gonna have their hands full IMO....the air game cant be expected to be good this early, especially for teams like the rattlers that mix up play calling well....overall id be real happy with what i saw....

im gonna put it off to early season and a bad night for sealy before dropping them in my thoughts, they had too good a team last year to minimize.....

I'm glad that you brought the o-line up. My dad thought that the o-line would be a lil shaky, but, he said that they performed well last night. As you said, it is early. Both teams have a lot of improving to do. Our offense will definitely have to improve by district.

trojandad
08-13-2011, 07:27 AM
I'm glad that you brought the o-line up. My dad thought that the o-line would be a lil shaky, but, he said that they performed well last night. As you said, it is early. Both teams have a lot of improving to do. Our offense will definitely have to improve by district.

i agree, its a lot easier to teach one back to find the hole than to get 5 men to start making them...your line looked like they opened better holes than sealys did IMO....id be happy with their efforts, especially this early.....sealy appeared to me that they were trying to run into the strength of the rattlers defensive call, so it was hard to tell if the snakes defense was beating sealy or whether it was bad play calling on sealys part, since there were no audibles going on.....maybe sealy would have typically changed plays when seeing defensive stacks, but last night they didnt seem to beat the overloads presented against them....

HEMOTOXIC
08-13-2011, 07:31 AM
i agree, its a lot easier to teach one back to find the hole than to get 5 men to start making them...your line looked like they opened better holes than sealys did IMO....id be happy with their efforts, especially this early.....sealy appeared to me that they were trying to run into the strength of the rattlers defensive call, so it was hard to tell if the snakes defense was beating sealy or whether it was bad play calling on sealys part, since there were no audibles going on.....maybe sealy would have typically changed plays when seeing defensive stacks, but last night they didnt seem to beat the overloads presented against them....

Well, if all goes as planned, we will see the Tigers again in the first round of the Div I playoffs.. Unless Stafford makes the playoffs.

Saggy Aggie
08-13-2011, 09:06 AM
unless stafford makes the playoffs.lol...

buckeyebob
08-13-2011, 09:09 AM

Spring Hill and Liberty-Eylau... LE will make playoffs due to lack of district and SH will finish maybe last in theirs...

LE does have the biggest kid I have ever seen. 6'8 397.... and he was cut blocking people too.

And he folds like a cheap card table...last year, our defensive tackle, Dakota Cannon faced him in two (2) games (preseason & playoff)...he is extreemly quick, tough as a Cuero "D" lineman, 5'10" & 165 lbs...he kicked his butt...poor guy had no answer for him...total frustration & L-E went to the other side.

Gilmer Varsity vs. Whitehouse (4-A) Varsity - 3 TD's each...the Bucks looked real good...we have a team...and Old School is alive and well....back-up Tight End for one of the TD's w/ a crushing blow on the defense.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-13-2011, 12:10 PM
Think Sinton was 4-0 over 4a Corpus Christi Ray. They fumble inside the 5 after a big run by Keith Garcia and couple of drop passes that could of added a couple scores. Sinton 1st string defense completely dominated Ray's spread offense not allowing a first down and second team defense played great also to limit the Texans to a few 1st downs.

Sinton running game looked geared and ready with the offensive line looking solid. Sinton starting qb can run, almost looks like Carson Cave but the passing not quite there but Sinton 2nd string qb, freshman Tyler Henson this kid can throw and run some.

Sinton came out looking great and i know just a scrimmage but they seem to have reloaded.

LH Panther Mom
08-13-2011, 01:17 PM
Liberty Hill - some
La Grange - none

1st and goal
08-13-2011, 01:55 PM
Liberty Hill - some
La Grange - none
Is that the new "nice" way of putting it?

eagles_victory
08-13-2011, 02:01 PM
I heard Fairfield had 7 TDs and West had 0 in our scrimmage today.

WOS1
08-13-2011, 03:09 PM
WO-S vs 4A LCM

Controlled portion was 2-2
Goal line was 1-1
Game simulated half was WOS 6 LCM 0

Longest scrimmage I've ever been to...

LH Panther Mom
08-13-2011, 03:19 PM
Is that the new "nice" way of putting it?
No, it wasn't intended to be mean or nice. I just didn't keep an accurate count overall.

I know in the first live quarter, it was 2-0. I think we scored again in the second live quarter, but I could be wrong. Before the two quarters, I was concentrating more on "how" we looked than whether or not we got across the goal line.

I did hear that our freshman did really well, and that our JV didn't do as well. But I didn't get to see either, so have no real insight.

FB-fanatic
08-13-2011, 03:59 PM
I heard Fairfield had 7 TDs and West had 0 in our scrimmage today.

Would not surprise me. Heard West's better QB decided to go baseball only. Also, new coach.

YTBulldogs
08-13-2011, 04:02 PM
Bellville 4
Yoakum 1

Ya'll looking good Bellville. Love #4 and the way the team plays as a whole under the new coach. Was fun to watch them play. Nice size with some quicks.

My Dogs did show me some promise too. We will be undersized against all opponents, and we must become tougher and not wait till the end to turn things on. We were able to move the ball, but had some mental booboo's to halt those drives.

Both teams were diffently in shape with the extended scrimmage. I loved it.

Best of luck to the Bellville player that went down near the end. He walked off on his own, and I wish him well, and best wishes to ya'll this upcoming season.

LHdog
08-13-2011, 06:14 PM
Liberty Hill looked small but scrappy. LaGrange was huge but slow. Hard to judge much on first scrimmmage.

easttexas3a
08-13-2011, 06:26 PM
Palestine beat Center in the live half 21-0

Roughneck93
08-13-2011, 06:46 PM
Columbia @ Angleton scrimmage: During controlled portion of the scrimmage: Columbia 1st team scored once. 1st team went only one series, 2nd team did not score but moved the ball well. Columbia 1st and 2nd team defense did not allow a score. During live portion: Both squads were able to each get three series in. Angleton was able to score a touchdown, Columbia did not.

pirate4state
08-13-2011, 06:58 PM
Think Sinton was 4-0 over 4a Corpus Christi Ray. They fumble inside the 5 after a big run by Keith Garcia and couple of drop passes that could of added a couple scores. Sinton 1st string defense completely dominated Ray's spread offense not allowing a first down and second team defense played great also to limit the Texans to a few 1st downs.

Sinton running game looked geared and ready with the offensive line looking solid. Sinton starting qb can run, almost looks like Carson Cave but the passing not quite there but Sinton 2nd string qb, freshman Tyler Henson this kid can throw and run some.

Sinton came out looking great and i know just a scrimmage but they seem to have reloaded.

shhhhhhh we suck, remember? :p

mnlavey
08-13-2011, 07:44 PM
Celina played Ft. Worth Nolan final of the live qt Celina 20 Nolan 0

Unfortunately, that's only part of the story. In the scrimmage portion, Nolan outscored us 5 TDs to -0-. Our tackling was very suspect and they broke a number of long plays. The live quarter was the opposite with domination by the Bobcats. I'd rate it overall a draw.

hookandladder
08-13-2011, 09:06 PM
Liberty Hill looked small but scrappy. LaGrange was huge but slow. Hard to judge much on first scrimmmage.

Liberty Hill's offense is definitely hard to defend however I thought our 1st team D did very well for not preparing at all for this type of offense, after running the same offense for over 10 years makes a big difference early in the year. La Grange new offense did seem very slow getting started, think the D will be fine however offense will need to be able to run the ball. Big difference from going from the spread Offense to a Pro type offense, I think after a couple of games it will come together also I think we only ran maybe 5 to 10 different offensive plays.I am sure we will open the playbook up a good bit more this week, LH has some hard playing kids.

MustangFootball
08-13-2011, 09:07 PM
Ingleside beat 5A Laredo Martin 5 to 0 with the first teamer control scrimmage they went a live game for a couple of series and won 1-0....

Laredo Martin didn't score at any level freshman won 2-0 and JV won 2-0. Ingleside looked very promising for the future and depth look good. :D

orange machine
08-13-2011, 09:13 PM
Unfortunately, that's only part of the story. In the scrimmage portion, Nolan outscored us 5 TDs to -0-. Our tackling was very suspect and they broke a number of long plays. The live quarter was the opposite with domination by the Bobcats. I'd rate it overall a draw.
While we did look suspect during the controlled portion remember that our ones only played about 15 plays during their 40 play series. The coaches made it clear they new what most of the starters could do, but wanted to see the backups and what they were capable of. It was very obvious that during the live qt we our ones were dominating.

orange machine
08-13-2011, 09:14 PM
Also the 40 play series were scripted out as to what plays would be ran and who would carry the ball.

trojandad
08-13-2011, 09:24 PM
stats from kirbyville - silsbee scrimmage....

Kirbyville

rushing 34/ 15 yards
passing 3-16 30 yards

Silsbee

rushing 30/ 108 yards
passing 11-20 290 yards 4 TD's

looks like silsbee could be hitting on all cylinders early, tho kirbyville did lose a ton this year.....

Yoe_09
08-13-2011, 10:26 PM
Rockdale Vs. Elgin

Overall: 3-2 Elgin
1st Team: 2-1 Rockdale
2nd Team: 2-0 Elgin

Ranger354
08-13-2011, 11:44 PM

I think the Freshman may be the starter.... Got another scrimmage and a few weeks of practice ahead. Both Sinton QBs looked good with the Freshman throwing the ball a little better. Just my 2 cents. I would rather see Shedd streaking the sidelines catching balls then throwing them. He has speed.

99IHSMustang
08-14-2011, 12:41 AM
How did the the Soph. QB look, Barajas I think? Marquis although not a very big RB is a beast of a runner. How did he look?

MustangFootball
08-14-2011, 01:28 AM
How did the the Soph. QB look, Barajas I think? Marquis although not a very big RB is a beast of a runner. How did he look?

Sophmore QB Tristen looked really good behind the center threw the ball really well, I think that 7on7 really help with his progression looks really solid...Junior RB Marquis ran hard he broke one for over 60 yards I look for him to have a really big year. at times the Mustangs looked a little rough around the edges but all that should be ironed out by the start of the season.:clap:

Yoe_09
08-14-2011, 10:08 AM
Caldwell: 2
Lexington: 4

warpath
08-14-2011, 12:12 PM
Gonzales 3 - Blanco 2 overall

jp744
08-14-2011, 01:22 PM
Somerset 3 poteet 0 offense was good in the quarter defense was stout poteet got one first down the entire scrimmage

GrTigers6
08-15-2011, 06:51 AM
Glen Rose 3
Grandview 2
We didnt have a live quarter, thay usually do that on the second one.

Glen Rose Defense got several turnovers, Looked pretty good for first scrimmage and for having to replace several key players that graduated.
Offense looked very good. Moved ball well, even in the constant rain.
I was very impressed with the play of the tigers and look forward to La Vega on Friday.

firstdown
08-15-2011, 07:18 AM
Argyle v Bridgeport

Control portion Argyle 7 BP 1
Live quarter Argyle 28 BP 0

catgut
08-15-2011, 12:40 PM

And just how much do you know about LE's lack of district? Some things never change, including the putting down of east texas teams.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-15-2011, 01:39 PM
I think the Freshman may be the starter.... Got another scrimmage and a few weeks of practice ahead. Both Sinton QBs looked good with the Freshman throwing the ball a little better. Just my 2 cents. I would rather see Shedd streaking the sidelines catching balls then throwing them. He has speed. Freshman qb looks like he's ready, impressive from the first pass he threw.I agree Shedd can run, wont be suprise to see a mixture of both qbs in the backfield sometimes.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-15-2011, 01:42 PM
shhhhhhh we suck, remember? :p Sorry couldn't resist :)

jdawg2012
08-15-2011, 04:11 PM
Coldspring 14
Jasper 14

Jasper's QB is a sophomore and threw 2 touchdowns late in game.

j_dog
08-15-2011, 10:26 PM
Coldspring 14
Jasper 14

Jasper's QB is a sophomore and threw 2 touchdowns late in game.
where did they move Morrisey, the qb last year?

orange machine
08-15-2011, 11:10 PM
Argyle v Bridgeport

I hate to hear that Bport was really good for the last 4 or 5 years and played a really good brand of football. I was told they were gonna struggle this year, I guess it was true. We scrimmage them this week Hopfully both teams will get some good work in.

Snotbubbles
08-16-2011, 12:30 AM
Gonzales 3 - Blanco 2 overall

How many tackles did your son have in this one Lock?

jdawg2012
08-16-2011, 01:52 AM
where did they move Morrisey, the qb last year?

Not sure; RB I believe. I couldn't really tell who was who because nobody was wearing their correct numbers. Just random practice jerseys.

Bullaholic
08-16-2011, 09:16 AM
Argyle v Bridgeport

Didn't get to make this one, but the reports I got say Argyle is the real deal this season---lots of speed on both sides of the ball and a really salty "D". The Bulls have got some problems due to injuries and youth to correct, but I know they will be ready for the season.

BullBoy
08-16-2011, 09:31 AM
Didn't get to make this one, but the reports I got say Argyle is the real deal this season---lots of speed on both sides of the ball and a really salty "D". The Bulls have got some problems due to injuries and youth to correct, but I know they will be ready for the season.Any clue how our qb looked out there (maybe someone mentioned something to you)? Gabe gets cleared to return to football tommorrow from what I've heard.

Bullaholic
08-16-2011, 09:38 AM
Any clue how our qb looked out there (maybe someone mentioned something to you)? Gabe gets cleared to return to football tommorrow from what I've heard.

As you know, BB, our QB has not had a lot of playing time, and a "D" like Argyle's is not the one you want to start off against. Heard he was either running for his life and forced into bad throws, or was knocked down a lot.

Sure hope Gabe can get up to speed for the first game if he is cleared to play.

BullBoy
08-16-2011, 09:53 AM
As you know, BB, our QB has not had a lot of playing time, and a "D" like Argyle's is not the one you want to start off against. Heard he was either running for his life and forced into bad throws, or was knocked down a lot.

Sure hope Gabe can get up to speed for the first game if he is cleared to play.I figured as much. I imagine things won't get any easier for him against Celina will they? We'll be alright, might be a rough start to the season but come district we should be firing on all cylinders. :cheerl:

j_dog
08-16-2011, 01:16 PM
Not sure; RB I believe. I couldn't really tell who was who because nobody was wearing their correct numbers. Just random practice jerseys.
stands to reason that he would move to RB. folks will be hearing about him. even as a soph he put up some good numbers at RB against Gilmer. if they now have an offensive scheme that plays to his strength ............ he could be something special.

orange machine
08-16-2011, 01:49 PM
I figured as much. I imagine things won't get any easier for him against Celina will they? We'll be alright, might be a rough start to the season but come district we should be firing on all cylinders. :cheerl:
I feel for y'all I've always enjoyed Celina BPort scrimmages and felt like both teams had alot of respect for each other. I know for the last few years y'all have gave Celina some great competition going into the season. Knowing Argyle like I have come to know them over the past couple of years they were probably looking to win the scrimmage even during the controlled part and mouthed off the entire time. They are good I'll give them that much credit, but they are dirty, mouthy and very cocky. Ask the Gilmer and Carthage fans about how dirty Argyle is.

firstdown
08-16-2011, 02:30 PM
I feel for y'all I've always enjoyed Celina BPort scrimmages and felt like both teams had alot of respect for each other. I know for the last few years y'all have gave Celina some great competition going into the season. Knowing Argyle like I have come to know them over the past couple of years they were probably looking to win the scrimmage even during the controlled part and mouthed off the entire time. They are good I'll give them that much credit, but they are dirty, mouthy and very cocky. Ask the Gilmer and Carthage fans about how dirty Argyle is.

OM Thanks for your support. Good luck to you guys this year maybe with a little luck we will get to meet in the playoffs.

orange machine
08-16-2011, 02:35 PM
OM Thanks for your support. Good luck to you guys this year maybe with a little luck we will get to meet in the playoffs.
Your welcome I don't see any reason why y'all shouldn't win it all this year. I think some of yalls players could hurt the team with their on feild antics, but other than that y'all in my opinion are tge team to beat in d2. Y'all won't meet us Sanger is to good not to make the playoffs in that dist.

firstdown
08-16-2011, 02:55 PM
As much as I hate to admit it we do have a couple of Jackwagons that make the rest of the team suffer when they decide to be boneheads. It cost us dearly last year and will again this year if it doesn't get fixed. Good luck to you guys.

mwrams
08-16-2011, 02:59 PM
Mineral Wells 6
WF Hirschi 1

orange machine
08-16-2011, 03:00 PM
As much as I hate to admit it we do have a couple of Jackwagons that make the rest of the team suffer when they decide to be boneheads. It cost us dearly last year and will again this year if it doesn't get fixed. Good luck to you guys.
If Rodgers can keep some of the knuckle heads under control y'all will be tough to beat, but those knuckle heads can be a virus and it's got to be stopped early on. I look for Aune to have a massive year, do y'all by chance have any pics of your scrimmage against Bport?

firstdown
08-16-2011, 03:06 PM
If Rodgers can keep some of the knuckle heads under control y'all will be tough to beat, but those knuckle heads can be a virus and it's got to be stopped early on. I look for Aune to have a massive year, do y'all by chance have any pics of your scrimmage against Bport?

Not that I know of, but I will ask around. I know that B-port had several photographers on the sideline.

BLACK ATTACK
08-16-2011, 08:37 PM

Dude, i agree. Those Celina players are the most quiet, respectful kids that i have ever been around on a football field. My son told me a couple of years ago that one of them even offered up a prayer with him at the end of the 1st quarter.

orange machine
08-16-2011, 09:31 PM
Dude, i agree. Those Celina players are the most quiet, respectful kids that i have ever been around on a football field. My son told me a couple of years ago that one of them even offered up a prayer with him at the end of the 1st quarter.

That sounds about right.:iagree:

jdawg2012
08-16-2011, 10:31 PM
stands to reason that he would move to RB. folks will be hearing about him. even as a soph he put up some good numbers at RB against Gilmer. if they now have an offensive scheme that plays to his strength ............ he could be something special.

He should be excellent. He's a little small which played against him at QB last year, but with Jasper's huge OL this year he could be shooting through some pretty big gaps.

BLACK ATTACK
08-16-2011, 11:09 PM
That sounds about right.:iagree:

Whatever makes you feel good:rolleyes:

HEMOTOXIC
08-18-2011, 09:24 AM
Tale of two coaches.....

NAVASOTA Coach Lee Fedora:

Head coach Lee Fedora's Navasota Rattlers scored four touchdowns and didn't allow a point in their scrimmage against the Sealy Tigers last week.

"Sealy is a good team," Fedora said. "We played well, and I was pleased with our tempo. Like any first scrimmage, we had missed assignments and missed blocks that will be stuff to work on in the second scrimmage."

With healthy always a concern, Fedora said he has nine players a bit hobbled with "knicks and bruises" but nothing major.

Navasota will scrimmage at Montgomery at 6:30 p.m. Friday.

Sealy Coach Jimmie Mitchell:

We got out there and played well. It was basically 1-0 as Navasota scored on a breakaway quarterback scramble,” said Head Coach and Athletic Director Jimmie Mitchell.

“We told the players that if they (Navasota) drop back to pass, then ease up. Some of the players did, and they basically let Navasota score, but the point of a scrimmage is not to keep score it is to test the players and see how they do. Navasota was a good team for the players to gain quality experience against,” Mitchell added. “They are a tough team who lost a few key players to graduation and are a lot like us in that manner.”

....I know that this doesn't mean anything, but, never in my playing days were we told to let anyone score.