PDA

View Full Version : Why do you hate Tim Tebow?

Ernest T Bass
08-12-2011, 09:18 PM
Thought this was an interesting read.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Time-for-us-all-to-have-a-little-faith-in-Tim-Tebow-081111?gt1=39002

STANG RED
08-12-2011, 09:39 PM
I've never understood the Tebow hate myself. Seems like a genuinly good guy to me, and seems to have his priorities well in order. He may or may not become a great NFL QB,,,,,So what. I know lots of great people that would suck as an NFL QB. When did it become bad in this country, to be a decent, God loving Christian anyway? Seems like Christianity is being attacked everywhere I look these days. Might be from all the so called Christian TV evangelists that have gotten too big for their britches, and have fallen from grace over the past few years.

poisoned10
08-12-2011, 09:44 PM
The media was all on his jock in college and praising him as a person and football player.

Now they can't seem to say anything decent about him.

bobcat1
08-13-2011, 12:04 AM
The media was all on his jock in college and praising him as a person and football player.

Now they can't seem to say anything decent about him.Zactly. I still think in a few years he will be a winner. Passing accuracy is his only weakness. He is a player and I bet good people.

eagles_victory
08-13-2011, 12:34 AM
Tebow overdose. The hype praised on him during college was so extreme and quite honestly over the top that there had to be a backlash. This is that backlash. I like Tebow but even I was in shock of how people were saying he was one of the all time greats in college football.

Trashman
08-13-2011, 05:47 AM
He certainly has a lot of detractors in the media. I agree that it is mostly backlash, and that he seems like a decent person. I hope he makes it in the NFL, if for no other reason than to prove the media wrong.

trojandad
08-13-2011, 07:19 AM
I've never understood the Tebow hate myself. Seems like a genuinly good guy to me, and seems to have his priorities well in order. He may or may not become a great NFL QB,,,,,So what. I know lots of great people that would suck as an NFL QB. When did it become bad in this country, to be a decent, God loving Christian anyway? Seems like Christianity is being attacked everywhere I look these days. Might be from all the so called Christian TV evangelists that have gotten too big for their britches, and have fallen from grace over the past few years.

the evangelists are a good point, but when stuff like this goes on i remember Christs words "they will hate you for my sake"....tebow reminds me of a bernie cosar but a lot tougher.....nobody could figure out how cosar could keep winning while being slow, throwing side armed, etc, but all he did was win, taking miami to a natl championship his freshman year....and cleveland one game short of the super bowl 2 yrs in a row with a really mediocre browns team....

tebow has won where he has gone, and the powers that be get upset when they cant "rat hole" him into a category of qb....im glad for him that he appears to just not let it bother him, he just keeps playing and smiles at the haters.....smiling at haters usually heaps hot coals on the haters heads they just cant see or understand, and it pisses them off without them having a clue why theyre upset......

gatordaze
08-13-2011, 08:06 AM
Zactly. I still think in a few years he will be a winner. Passing accuracy is his only weakness. He is a player and I bet good people.

Passing Accuracy? He was 6-7 for 91 yards

bobcat1
08-13-2011, 10:29 AM
Passing Accuracy? He was 6-7 for 91 yardsYes he was. Good for him. I guess I should have said it HAS been his weakness. Don't get me wrong, I really like him. He has that something that players maore talented than him don't have. He is a born leader and has tons of heart. He leads by example and his teams follow him and rally around him.