PDA

View Full Version : Now I'm in trouble........

bobcat1
08-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Wednesday I went to our company's monthly meeting/lunch. We had a good meeting and a great lunch and then they surprised me with a birthday cake and ice cream. Sang Happy Birthday and everyone was having a good time. Then the boss told us we were all getting a 60% paycut and passed out our checks and they were cut 60%. We had already taken a 40% cut in January. We all looked like someone hit us in the face with ice water. I took his check and went straight home and started looking for a new job. Good thing I am older and more mature or I would have shoved that check down his crooked no good throat.

So pray for me.

Trashman
08-11-2011, 04:26 PM
That sucks....did you tell him to "shove it" as you walked out the door?

bobcat1
08-11-2011, 04:33 PM
That sucks....did you tell him to "shove it" as you walked out the door?Nope. The pay is still more than unemployment. 10 years ago I'd have crammed that tore up check down his throat and made him make it right, but then he would have filed charges on me and I would have had to make a bond. LOL Older and wiser now. Believe me it was all I could do to keep my mouth in check.

eagles_victory
08-11-2011, 06:05 PM
Nope. The pay is still more than unemployment. 10 years ago I'd have crammed that tore up check down his throat and made him make it right, but then he would have filed charges on me and I would have had to make a bond. LOL Older and wiser now. Believe me it was all I could do to keep my mouth in check. If its been cut 40 percent and 60 percent wouldnt that mean you arent getting paid at all.

poisoned10
08-11-2011, 06:13 PM
If its been cut 40 percent and 60 percent wouldnt that mean you arent getting paid at all.

If you cut 100 by 40%, then it's down to 60. If you cut 60 by 60% then it's down to 24.

eagles_victory
08-11-2011, 06:18 PM
If you cut 100 by 40%, then it's down to 60. If you cut 60 by 60% then it's down to 24. Yea I know I was just kidding.

44INAROW
08-11-2011, 07:47 PM
Dang, Bobcat - sorry - hopefully something better pops up ASAP!!

LionFan72
08-12-2011, 08:07 AM
Really hate to hear that, wish you luck!

RoyceTTU
08-12-2011, 09:00 AM
Wednesday I went to our company's monthly meeting/lunch. We had a good meeting and a great lunch and then they surprised me with a birthday cake and ice cream. Sang Happy Birthday and everyone was having a good time. Then the boss told us we were all getting a 60% paycut and passed out our checks and they were cut 60%. We had already taken a 40% cut in January. We all looked like someone hit us in the face with ice water. I took his check and went straight home and started looking for a new job. Good thing I am older and more mature or I would have shoved that check down his crooked no good throat.

So pray for me.

I'm sorry to here that. Those percentages are staggering. If you were making 50,000.00 normally that would mean you were being paid 12,000.00 Unless your commission based that might be less than minimum wage.

I'm sorry to here that for you. I'm pulling for you bud.

as a side note - what do you do for a living incase I here of something?

bobcat1
08-12-2011, 10:29 AM
I'm sorry to here that. Those percentages are staggering. If you were making 50,000.00 normally that would mean you were being paid 12,000.00 Unless your commission based that might be less than minimum wage.

I'm sorry to here that for you. I'm pulling for you bud.

as a side note - what do you do for a living incase I here of something? Well I was making over 100k and now $500 a week. So you are dead on. Any jobs in Brownwood? Rocket needs the help on here.:wave:

AP Panther Fan
08-12-2011, 04:29 PM

So pray for me.

Geez, Happy Birthday, have some cake and then please bend over. I hope you find something new asap...sounds like this company going nowhere quick.

bobcat1
08-12-2011, 04:54 PM
Geez, Happy Birthday, have some cake and then please bend over. I hope you find something new asap...sounds like this company going nowhere quick.Funny that was my exact thoughts. LOL!

We employees are all looking and I may have found something for us all today. Not sure yet still checking it out. We are also going to take some records the secretary has kept and go to the labor board. Seems there are a lot of unerhanded dealings coming to light.

Farmersfan
08-19-2011, 02:55 PM
At the very least you should be able to force them to pay you for previously worked hours at the original pay scale. You would have had to agree to work for the 60% reduced wage in advance. For them to come out and inform you about the reduced wage AFTER the fact is so wrong........... at least in my opinion!

Black_Magic
08-24-2011, 01:05 PM

So pray for me. Sorry to hear that. looks like just the fat cats are doing ok right now. its sad but the guy who cut your pay is probly not getting his pay cut near as much. he probly went to the golf course after handing out your checks. I guess this is more evidence as to why Texas leads the nation in minimum wage jobs and uninsured people... Good luck. your joining many educators out there.

GrTigers6
08-24-2011, 09:12 PM
You could always come to Glen Rose and help build the arena.:D
Seriously though, I know what your going thru, my wife was laid off in february and is now only making 8 dollars an hour less then she was at the old job. We have struggled for months, but we will survive as Im sure you all will too. Hang in there bud, there is light at the end of the tunnel. We can see the light its just a very faint glare. lol

bobcat1
08-25-2011, 06:35 AM
Thanks guys. Still looking. Restructured some debt and payments. Sold some things like guns and have my boat up for sale so we can make it for a month or two.