PDA

View Full Version : Gruene Eats

hollywood
08-10-2011, 02:45 PM
I know The Gristmill is pretty good. Any other places worth noting in the greater New Braunfels area? Heading down Friday for a fun weekend.
#15 for the misses and I.
Gruene Hall:
Bruce Robison and Kelly Willis Friday night
The Turnpike Troubadours Saturday night.

LIONS#1
08-10-2011, 03:16 PM
The Huisache Grill is a great place to eat...kinda expensive...but not real bad. I had the mixed Grill and my buddy had the Ribeye bone in!!! Good stuff!!

LIONS#1
08-10-2011, 03:19 PM
Congrats on 15!! Oh and Myron's Steakhouse is also hard to beat!! Ate there on a water park trip!!

Vrabird
08-10-2011, 03:42 PM
I can recommend the Huisache Grill also. My wife and I had supper there in March celebrating our 25th anniversary. Enjoyed the food and atmosphere.

Bosqueville
08-10-2011, 03:59 PM
Hope you're not planning on tubing. You will be doing it in about 6 inches of water!

AP Panther Fan
08-10-2011, 04:08 PM
I know The Gristmill is pretty good. Any other places worth noting in the greater New Braunfels area? Heading down Friday for a fun weekend.
Gruene Hall:

I just ate at the Gristmill a couple of weeks ago and it was good, but it is HOT! No A/C inside or out....the plates of onion rings are truly a work of art though. You might need to sneak over there just for the onion rings and a cold beverage or two. :)

p.s. I think it might have been cooler outside than inside...just in case you go.

Oh and Happy Anniversary!

hollywood
08-10-2011, 04:09 PM
Congrats on 15!! Oh and Myron's Steakhouse is also hard to beat!! Ate there on a water park trip!!

Thanks! Huisache Grill sounds like it's worth a try. Appreciate the recommendations!

hollywood
08-10-2011, 04:11 PM
I can recommend the Huisache Grill also. My wife and I had supper there in March celebrating our 25th anniversary. Enjoyed the food and atmosphere.

Congrats on the 25th and thanks for the thumbs up on Huisache Grill. Always like to try new things. ;-)

hollywood
08-10-2011, 04:13 PM
Hope you're not planning on tubing. You will be doing it in about 6 inches of water!

Not tubing... wife is not that fond of rivers and besides, like you said, not enough agua. May cruise down to the Comal though... heard it's nice and cool.

Tejastrue
08-10-2011, 04:13 PM
Clear Springs Cafe on HWY 46. May be a little out of the way for you.
The setting is open with definitely a cafe atmosphere so if you're wanting privacy this is not the place. It is always busy.

http://www.clearspringscafe.com/

hollywood
08-10-2011, 04:16 PM
I just ate at the Gristmill a couple of weeks ago and it was good, but it is HOT! No A/C inside or out....the plates of onion rings are truly a work of art though. You might need to sneak over there just for the onion rings and a cold beverage or two. :)

p.s. I think it might have been cooler outside than inside...just in case you go.

Oh and Happy Anniversary!

Thanks! No A/C inside??? Well, that means a few extra long necks to stay hydrated then!! :) Sounds like I may have to pace myself... show doesn't start until 8 on Friday.

AP Panther Fan
08-10-2011, 04:26 PM
Not tubing... wife is not that fond of rivers and besides, like you said, not enough agua. May cruise down to the Comal though... heard it's nice and cool.

The Comal was great...a little bit slower float than usual, but still great. It was amazing to see all of the construction going on at Schlitterbahn as you float by.

Old Tiger
08-10-2011, 04:30 PM
Hope you're not planning on tubing. You will be doing it in about 6 inches of water!not if you go to dons...

Txbroadcaster
08-10-2011, 04:55 PM
The Comal was great...a little bit slower float than usual, but still great. It was amazing to see all of the construction going on at Schlitterbahn as you float by.

We went to the Bahn Monday and it is crazy how different the Blastenhoff side looks now with the new area..was not a big fan of the big new ride, but still not bad

dog40
08-11-2011, 06:13 AM
Mozie's is a great bar and restaraunt across from Gruene Hall. Same owners as Gristmill and Gruene Hall. Good food and cold beverages plus AC.

Maroon87
08-11-2011, 10:09 AM
The Huisache Grill is a great place to eat...kinda expensive...but not real bad. I had the mixed Grill and my buddy had the Ribeye bone in!!! Good stuff!!

If that's the one in downtown NB by the railroad tracks, then I second that observation. Nice place and really good food, plus a pretty nice wine selection.

Also, Gruene River Grill is good...it's just up the road from Gristmill.

hollywood
08-11-2011, 10:23 AM
Looked at Huisache Grill's website last night. It is next to a railroad track in downtown NB. Cool story how they developed the place. Menu looks like they have a cool twist on the classics. Definitely going to try it. Wine bar looks great too.

I've eaten at the Gruene River Grill before, and it is good. Thanks for the thumbs up.

Sportshack
08-11-2011, 01:01 PM
Gruene Hall:

Bosses Pizza recently opened up in New Braunfels. It supposed to be really good. Owned by family of Wimberley QB.

hollywood
08-11-2011, 01:07 PM
Bosses Pizza recently opened up in New Braunfels. It supposed to be really good. Owned by family of Wimberley QB.

Ah-ha... ex-Aledo QB/LB Lambert. Wonder if there's any Wimberley team gear in that joint? ;-) May have to stroll down to check it out.

lbjacj
08-11-2011, 06:58 PM
Clear Springs Cafe on HWY 46. May be a little out of the way for you.
The setting is open with definitely a cafe atmosphere so if you're wanting privacy this is not the place. It is always busy.

http://www.clearspringscafe.com/

Ditto! They also have excellent onion rings.