PDA

View Full Version : Which team not in the top 10

BEAST
08-10-2011, 10:56 AM
Ends up in the top 10 by the end of the regular season? Of course, I am a homer, so I say Brownwood. What yall got?

BEAST

trojandad
08-10-2011, 11:10 AM
Ends up in the top 10 by the end of the regular season? Of course, I am a homer, so I say Brownwood. What yall got?

BEAST

i know its a totally different scenario, but it wouldnt surprise me one bit if brownwood did better this year than they did last year with jaxon....

we had a monster rb/mlb that we built our team around for years, losing BIG to wo-s in the 1st round 2 yrs in a row....he graduated and the guys quit subconsciously leaning on him and took up the slack themselves and got past wo-s, followed by last years run to state....

if you guys made a long run again after losing shipley, it wouldnt surprise me one bit....

ccmom
08-10-2011, 11:47 AM
i know its a totally different scenario, but it wouldnt surprise me one bit if brownwood did better this year than they did last year with jaxon....

we had a monster rb/mlb that we built our team around for years, losing BIG to wo-s in the 1st round 2 yrs in a row....he graduated and the guys quit subconsciously leaning on him and took up the slack themselves and got past wo-s, followed by last years run to state....

if you guys made a long run again after losing shipley, it wouldnt surprise me one bit....

Oh boy...trojandad thinks Brownwood is going to be playing in the title game. I need a drink! :ack!:

trojandad
08-10-2011, 11:50 AM
Oh boy...trojandad thinks Brownwood is going to be playing in the title game. I need a drink! :ack!:

<sigh>....

ccmom
08-10-2011, 11:53 AM
<sigh>....

Oh relax...I know what you meant. I was just pointing out that in order for them to do better than they did with Shipley (like you said) they would have to be playing in the title game. Brownwood has a rich tradition and lots of kids fired up after last year's success. I wouldn't ever count them out.

Txbroadcaster
08-10-2011, 11:58 AM
IMO Canton is a eam to watch out for..they lose their QB, but return like 10 starters 5/5 from a pretty solid team

eagles_victory
08-10-2011, 01:29 PM
Fairfield

RoyceTTU
08-10-2011, 01:49 PM
IMO Canton is a eam to watch out for..they lose their QB, but return like 10 starters 5/5 from a pretty solid team

TXB- what do you know about Canton? Not as much sports and schools but the town as a whole?

hollywood
08-10-2011, 02:35 PM

BEAST
For arguments sake... I say by the end of pre-district. There will be some drop out for sure, not saying who, but there will be some reshuffling.

LIONS#1
08-10-2011, 02:42 PM
Brownwood!!:wave:

LIONS#1
08-10-2011, 02:45 PM
surprise!!!:wave:

WildTexan972
08-10-2011, 05:56 PM
CANTON?

good grief.....they are a band school....

for Canton, doing better will mean getting to about the 3rd round of the playoffs, but not likely they will do that in my mind....

bobcat1
08-10-2011, 10:13 PM
Oh boy...trojandad thinks Brownwood is going to be playing in the title game. I need a drink! :ack!: Like you need a reason.:taunt:

Txbroadcaster
08-11-2011, 12:13 AM
TXB- what do you know about Canton? Not as much sports and schools but the town as a whole?

Worked at radio station there in 03 and 04,,,good folks, little different but I liked it

Txbroadcaster
08-11-2011, 12:14 AM
CANTON?

good grief.....they are a band school....

for Canton, doing better will mean getting to about the 3rd round of the playoffs, but not likely they will do that in my mind....

Your selling them short..look at what they have done since 2003..they have a good core coming back this year with a favorable schedule...ur right it is a band town, but football there is not like it was back in the 3-7 days

eagles_victory
08-11-2011, 12:51 AM
Your selling them short..look at what they have done since 2003..they have a good core coming back this year with a favorable schedule...ur right it is a band town, but football there is not like it was back in the 3-7 days Don't sleep on the Canton flea markets. I always thought that is what they were known for

loco toro
08-11-2011, 01:07 PM
watch out for bridgeport

jason
08-11-2011, 01:18 PM
north forney

Bosqueville
08-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Brownwood!! :)

buckeyebob
08-12-2011, 05:01 AM
Brownwood!! :)

Flash in the pan. They know...

LH Panther Mom
08-13-2011, 05:25 AM
I'll let you know after today. :D

Man, I love this time of year!

OldNavy
08-13-2011, 05:37 AM

You posted this at 3:25 AM. Were you out late, up early, or just can't sleep when it is football season?

trojandad
08-13-2011, 05:37 AM

amen, sister....

LH Panther Mom
08-13-2011, 01:13 PM
You posted this at 3:25 AM. Were you out late, up early, or just can't sleep when it is football season?
5:25 AM :p Up early to get the coffee going so I could help get breakfast tacos ready for concessions, ice down drinks, help set up merchandise and all that jazz.

AND...while doing all that, I had the great honor of being presented with a KVUE Friday Night Football Fever "Mom of the Week" award! :)

LH Panther Mom
08-13-2011, 01:15 PM
Oh yeah...I almost forgot.

I think that Liberty Hill has a pretty darn good likelihood of being top 10 before long.

trojandad
08-13-2011, 02:27 PM
5:25 AM :p Up early to get the coffee going so I could help get breakfast tacos ready for concessions, ice down drinks, help set up merchandise and all that jazz.

AND...while doing all that, I had the great honor of being presented with a KVUE Friday Night Football Fever "Mom of the Week" award! :)

congrats congrats congrats......having run our concession stand for 3 years i can tell you. if not for team moms every concession stand in every football game in america would be closed down.....:cheerl:

OldNavy
08-13-2011, 02:42 PM

We moved to Florida this year and I am looking forward to seeing some High School Football here. I do hope they have Frito Pie here. I like that as much st G2 likes his nachos! Congrats on the honor. It is great to be supporting the kids!:clap:

LIONS#1
08-13-2011, 05:48 PM
watch out for bridgeport

Why? Do they have flea markets too?:1popcorn:

mwrams
08-13-2011, 06:24 PM
District 7 champ Mineral Wells returns most of their offensive starters this year. They moved the ball really well today in scrimmage at Hircshi.

ccmom
08-13-2011, 07:41 PM
District 7 champ Mineral Wells returns most of their offensive starters this year. They moved the ball really well today in scrimmage at Hircshi. Not to take away from MW..., but hasn't Hirschi only won like one game in the last 50 years or are they better now? I'm exaggerating, of course, but I remember them going a LONG time without a win.

Tejastrue
08-13-2011, 09:49 PM
:1popcorn:

icu812
08-14-2011, 09:53 PM

I believe they finish 3rd in district this year. They also lost two very good receivers. Probably their best 3 players overall in the most important positions of their offense. I think they lose to Lindale and Van. Lindale is obviously the team to beat. Van has a couple QB's this year that can pass vs. having a running qb last year. Plus, its the second year in the offense which should make a difference. On defense everyone knows about Santos but watch out for Sid Moore on the D line. Played well as a soph. last year but look out this year he's a stud. Not saying they will be a team to watch out for but I'd be more concerned about Van than Canton, IMO.

icu812
09-07-2011, 04:19 PM
Just an update Canton starts 0-2 losing to at best avg teams in Gladewater and N.Forney (i think).

Beside Van the only other 3A I've seen is Brownsboro. They are ok offensively but horrible on D.

After 2 games anybody seen a team that might make some noise come playoff time??

garciap77
09-07-2011, 09:17 PM
Brownwood and Synder!

:wave::wave::wave:If Brownwood can get by Synder they will win the state title!:wave::wave::wave:

Tejastrue
09-07-2011, 09:32 PM
Brownwood and Synder!

:wave::wave::wave:If Brownwood can get by Synder they will win the state title!:wave::wave::wave:

:tisk: :crazy::crazy::crazy:

bobcat1
09-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Oh boy...trojandad thinks Brownwood is going to be playing in the title game. I need a drink! :ack!: Why do you always use an excuse?:wave:

trojandad
09-07-2011, 09:48 PM
Why do you always use an excuse?:wave:

just for the record, "doing better than last year" doesnt just mean playing one extra game......:wave:

bobcat1
09-07-2011, 10:13 PM
just for the record, "doing better than last year" doesnt just mean playing one extra game......:wave:LOL. I was referring to the wino!