PDA

View Full Version : Anahuac/BH Predictions

aDpT51
08-19-2003, 12:31 AM
Opinions on that game

Disputant
08-19-2003, 07:40 AM
I will say that Anahuac will really be up for that game and play like it is the Super Bowl. Barbers Hill will show up and just play the game like its an early season oppotunity to get better. Barbers Hill probably will not be concerned to much if they lose. However, if Anahuac wins, we might see an all night party in that town. Anahuac should be faster, Barbers Hill should be stronger. Anahuac will play with more emotion than Barbers Hill. Barbers Hill will try to confuse Anahuac will many defensive sets and many offensive sets. Anahuac will have to depend on the big play, Barbers Hill will have to grind it out and control the ball. Anahuac's concession stand will sell lots of funnel cakes, Barbers Hill fans will wonder where the boudin balls are at. I will say 14-14 when the lights go out forcing the game to end in a tie.

RBARKER
08-19-2003, 07:51 AM
Nice evaluation Disputant :D Should be a good game, I dont think BH will take Anahuac lightly they are fully aware that Anahuac will have a good team this year. I will take my Eagles by 14 which is dumb seeing I have not watched them yet this year. Hey aDpT51 how are the vistor stands in Anahuac are they pretty big. Just needing to know how early to get there. Good luck to the Panthers this will serve as a good early season test for both teams.

EAGLETOWN
08-19-2003, 08:24 AM
It is all about pride. The Hill will definately be up for this game. It does not matter if it is the first game of the year or the last we still want to win. And any time we play a local rival or a former district rival we most definately want to win. Our pride is on the line. Besides we have to start a new winning streak this year.

trojandad
08-19-2003, 09:47 AM
Speaking as the cook at last year's tailgate party when we played Hardin at the BH stadium, those BH guys like sausage on a stick, too. Will remember the boudin balls, tho. I didn't see them in the concession stand when we were there. Did I miss them?

hsfan
08-19-2003, 07:40 PM
bh will not take anyone lightly,i do not believe the coaches will let them.we should have a good idea how good they are after the scrimmage fri.i think they are a lot better than most people think.i have watched them for awhile under price and co. and i truly believe they RELOAD just about every year not rebuild.the boys will be fine this year.do not be suprised if the young qb has a very good year,along w/ shows.

eagle08
08-19-2003, 08:53 PM
<small>[ August 19, 2003, 09:07 PM: Message edited by: eagle08 ]</small>

eagle08
08-19-2003, 09:06 PM
Disputant:
I will say that Anahuac will really be up for that game and play like it is the Super Bowl. Barbers Hill will show up and just play the game like its an early season oppotunity to get better. Barbers Hill probably will not be concerned to much if they lose. However, if Anahuac wins, we might see an all night party in that town. Anahuac should be faster, Barbers Hill should be stronger. Anahuac will play with more emotion than Barbers Hill. Barbers Hill will try to confuse Anahuac will many defensive sets and many offensive sets. Anahuac will have to depend on the big play, Barbers Hill will have to grind it out and control the ball. Anahuac's concession stand will sell lots of funnel cakes, Barbers Hill fans will wonder where the boudin balls are at. I will say 14-14 when the lights go out forcing the game to end in a tie.Disputant, you sound like a real smart one. Your quote about BH not being too concerned if they lose is stupid. Barbers Hill is always concerned no matter win or lose. The Hill will be ready. Anahuac probably will come out with more emotion (mouthing) in the beginning, but will probably get cooled down pretty quick. The Eagles will be a force to reckon with in the jungle. I see the partying taking place on the west side of the river again this year. Eagles 35 Panthers 7.

QBKilla
08-19-2003, 09:22 PM
The Hill will surprise everyone this year. Everyone thinks this year will be a down year because of some players lost last season. But their are many big playmakers still left on the team, and some very good new faces. On offense Shows, Canon, and Daniels are going to wow people every Friday night. The defense is going to be very stiff as usual. Their not quite as fast as last year but are led by some good seniors and and are going to be a stingy D once again. I wish them the best of luck. I seem to remember alot of trash talkin come from that side of Chambers County last year, and I think we all know what happened...oh well. Come out gunnin' guys and take care of business.

<small>[ August 19, 2003, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: QBKilla ]</small>

lbc05
08-19-2003, 09:29 PM
yeah i know bh wont take anuhac lightly.... everyone in 22 aaa stays up for pretty much all of their games.. i see bh coming out in the fist half and puttin up 14 points and then anuhac wont be able to come back ... BH 21 A 7

EAGLELINE73
08-20-2003, 09:51 PM
qbkilla you stated everything to the exact, but the eagles are ready for battle

eagle08
08-24-2003, 10:00 PM
Good news for the BH defense. Defensive lineman Chris Swart will be back in action against the Panthers after sitting out the past two scrimmages with a broken arm. This will help the D where help was needed.

aDpT51
08-25-2003, 12:24 AM
Hey RBARKER, the stands aren't quite as nice and big as the ones over there so you might want to get a seat as early as you can because I know there are going to be alot of fans at this one. It will be a great game to watch, but I would keep an eye on Anahuac's defense, and our offense will be good as well. I'm sure BH will show up to play, I havent ever recalled a time when they didn't. It is not going to be a blowout either way because of the rivalry.

RBARKER
08-25-2003, 07:42 AM
aDpT51 Thanks fof the stand info I will get there early. I agree that there probally will not be a blow out either way. BH won 35-21 last year and the game was acctually a little closer than what I thought it would be. I think BH underestimated Anahuac last year and will come to the game a little more prepared. Anahuac is returning some in the skill positions where as BH is starting out fresh on Offense. BH does have a good O line and the Defense which allowed only 178 yards a game last year will be stronger. Good luck this friday, looking foward to visiting Anahuac hope everyone has a safe game. May the best EAGLE win :D oh yall are panthers oh well :D :D

xhardinhornet
08-25-2003, 09:48 AM
I hope Barbers Hill just destroys Anahuac every second of the game. All I ever hear out of Anahuac every freakin' year is "we're gonna win" or after they lose "we're gonna beat ya'll next year" ! GIVE ME A BREAK ! Will not happen.

Ball_Hawk_#11
08-25-2003, 08:30 PM
I think it won't even be a match i think Anahuac will come out ready and put up some points Friday night Anahuac has fast and strong Defense and it will be hard for BH to move the Ball on them they don't have a fast runnning back and Anahuac's DB's will not let them throw the ball on them so.. call it how u wanna

bhillfan
08-25-2003, 08:36 PM
No BH isn't taking anahuac lightly at all, we know they are coming out to play and we have to be prepared to play our best, BH should come out strong and ready if the team gets into the game and starts to come together
good luck to both teams

RBARKER
08-26-2003, 07:32 AM
Ball_Hawk_#11:
I think it won't even be a match i think Anahuac will come out ready and put up some points Friday night Anahuac has fast and strong Defense and it will be hard for BH to move the Ball on them they don't have a fast runnning back and Anahuac's DB's will not let them throw the ball on them so.. call it how u wannaFirst off welcome to the board ball Hawk and bhillfan wink Ball Hawk please don't tell me that you think that this will not even be a match. Barbers Hill has had Anahuacs number for as long as I can Remember. I'm not saying Anahuac cannot win this game but for you to think that you will mow over BH is stupid. Our offense is young but our D is strong. Good luck to the panthers. Eagles by 14 :D :D

eagle08
08-26-2003, 11:48 AM
If you want a seat for this one you better plan on getting there at least an hour early. The band and drill team will take up most of the visitor stands. I think I read that Anahuac will be voting on a bond issue the night of the game which includes money for new home and visitor bleachers. This is something Anahuac has needed for a long time. Maybe some of the Eagle fans can sneak in and cast a few votes so they can leave their lawn chairs at home their next trip to Anahuac.

trojandad
08-26-2003, 11:56 AM
Take care of business, Eagles. It'll be our turn to handle our 21 3A opponent (Hardin Jefferson) next week.

AP_WR_19
08-26-2003, 12:42 PM
Just cause the eagles beat us last year dont mean anything we're gonna come out show the eagles who r the real chambers county champions

<small>[ August 26, 2003, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: AP_WR_19 ]</small>

EAGLETOWN
08-26-2003, 01:03 PM
After Fridays game, and the Anahuac (Pussycats) (MEOW) get beat. Again!! Lets see how many come back to the board and try to explain the reason they got the BEAT DOWN or at best just come back to the board to talk trash to the Eagles at all.

It will be just like last year. There will not be any Anahuac (Pussycats) around the Eagles posts till the following year. After their wounds have healed and they have forgotten this beating.

Old Cardinal
08-26-2003, 01:26 PM
To the Barbers Hill Eagles, you pop Anahuacs' bubble in the first game of the year; and Bridge City will pop them again, at the last game of the season.

RBARKER
08-26-2003, 01:58 PM
Anahuac this is makeing for some good locker room material, keep it up. I don't know why Anahuac is so down on the Eagles every year. When they play the Panthers good sportsmanship is always in the equation. Every year Anahuac gets on here and starts flapping those jaws. So far I have read where you will beat Hardin, Bridge City and anyone else that gets in the way. Prove it on the field, get into the playoffs then talk until then your just another statistic for the teams you play. Good luck in your district this year, but if you keep talking your just painting a bullseye on your team.

bhillfan
08-26-2003, 07:04 PM
As far as all the trash talking that will go on during the game, the only talking the BH team will do friday night is with their pads, thats where we prove who the real sports are

eagle08
08-26-2003, 07:57 PM
I hope Anahuac's defense is in good condtion. I predict they will be on the field a long time trying to slow down the Eagle offense. I don't think they will be in good enough shape to hang with the Hill for four quarters.

Eagles52
08-26-2003, 10:37 PM
I'm at practice everyday and I know our coaches arent letting us take this lightly, anahuac surprised us with some of their tactics specifically aimed towards our team, however our coaches have adapted our plays to better adjust and we should do much better this year...no prediction here we only talk with our pads here

xhardinhornet
08-27-2003, 12:29 AM
How can anyone from Anahuac use Champion in the same sentence of the subject they are talking about? Champion of what, talking trash? Just like they did in 2000, when they got on the radio and told the DJ's on 97.9 they were going to beat us Bad! and also told our coaches that we won't be able to pass on them for 1 completetion! Please, the first play of the game 70 yrd TD pass. Final score 48-14, when they were picked to beat us on every website. I have a question for you Anahuacers.....When was the last time your program was looked upon as "rising stars"? When did your program have consecutive winning seasons? Has Anahuac made the playoffs recently, because I seriously don't know, haha. When was the last time Anahuac went to the playoffs in all three sports 3 yrs in a row....Like Hardin has done since 2000. NOW....WHAT ???? All I have to say now is B-H, show them whats up!!!!

eagle08
08-27-2003, 04:57 PM
I'll put it to you this way. I've watched Barbers Hill and Anahuac practice this week and I have to say that these two teams' practices are like night and day. The Hill practices are constant motion with lots of teaching and learning and not to many kids standing around. Anahuac on the other hand just strolls out to practice at their pace and their pace doesn't pick up too much after that. The panthers are more interested in the booming stereo system coming from the car going by on the street than learning football. As for conditioning, I didn't see any in Anahuac. I guess Anahuac is one of those teams who doesn't have to practice hard to play well on Friday nights. We'll see what pays off or hurts who Friday night.

AP-qb/db 22
08-27-2003, 08:15 PM
i dont know why xhardinhornet is trying to say stuff about anahauc.. i mean he is bringing stuff up from 3 years ago.. what happend the year after that?? and then last year everyone knows that we got cheated out of that game when the refs brought that touchdown back, so i wouldnt be braggin that much.. i want to see what you say after we beat BH and yall...

Eagles52
08-27-2003, 08:36 PM
just wanna say good luck to all players I'm prayin for an injury free ball game

RBARKER
08-27-2003, 09:18 PM
46 hours and Anahauc gets to prove how good they are. I cant Wait!!! I havn't seen BH play yet but what I have read our team is getting pumped and ready to go. BH will be packed into the visitor side seating cheering the Eagles on. Good luck Eagles stay safe play hard and for everyone making the trip drive carefully.

hsfan
08-27-2003, 09:48 PM
shows and co. should do pretty good fri. nite.bh will be better than they were last year.good luck to all this friday!!!!!!

dahill65
08-27-2003, 10:01 PM
i dont know about everybody else but im tired of hearing all this crap about anahuac beating bh. and how bh is going to take this game lightly. we dont take anything lightly we want to win every game and win it big. and i cant wait untill we get to strap on pads friday night and show them boys on the other side of the trinity how we play ball.

lbc05
08-27-2003, 10:14 PM
who is taking dolans spot on d... he was a good linbacker last year .. a pretty good one will have to be back their to fill his shoes.. last year me and my fellow line backer felt a kind of connection to the two from barbers hill because we played alot alike.. good luck to the panthers and BH

FBmania
08-28-2003, 12:02 AM
BH in a competitive game. Anahuac will be improved this year, not going by a few young smack talkers but, the fact that coach Martel has pumped life into that program. They will be fired up and ready but so will BH. Good luck to both teams, and Eagles.... be ready to soar!

Let' go Eagles!

RBARKER
08-28-2003, 10:30 AM
lbc05:
who is taking dolans spot on d... he was a good linbacker last year .. a pretty good one will have to be back their to fill his shoes.. last year me and my fellow line backer felt a kind of connection to the two from barbers hill because we played alot alike.. good luck to the panthers and BHThis is from the BH Sports web site should answer your question.

Linebackers — Junior Louis Duncan is the only returning starter. Junior Ray Nelson, a transfer from North Shore, adds depth. Senior Leo Fuentes and junior Eric Lofton will see playing time.

trojandad
08-28-2003, 10:45 AM
I think the Hill has all the reminder they need in last year's Hampshire Fannett game. Everyone said after HF beat BH that they would make the playoffs, but didn't. Seems in hind sight it was just the Hill overlooking a team they should have beaten.

I think only the Hill can beat the Hill in this game. I'll bet a week's pay their coach reminds them of the HF game from last year.

Take care of 22 3-A, Eagles.

landries
08-28-2003, 11:42 AM
bh 69 anawach 42.0

bhillfan
08-28-2003, 02:51 PM
Alright guys one more day to prove who's the best and champs of chambers county, we get to go watch the JV teams and the others and see how they are getting ready for the friday night lights

shellman54
08-28-2003, 03:55 PM
hey, any chance anahuac will switch sidelines with bh, seeing as the fan support for the hill will outnumber anahuac 20-1?

EAGLETOWN
08-28-2003, 04:19 PM
Every time you sit in those Anahuac stands you
take you life in you own hands.

Just be sure to get there early so you can get a seat at the top.

:D So if the stands colapse at least you will
have everyone else under you to break your fall!! :D

wink At least that is what I do!! wink

Also, the Cheerleaders do not need to throw them little footballs like they are at EAGLE STADIUM.

They might either throw them to East Chambers or hurt someone.

So when we start scoring EAGLE FANS look out!!

You might take home a ball alright.

:p Permanently!! :p

<small>[ August 28, 2003, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: EAGLETOWN ]</small>

QBKilla
08-28-2003, 09:05 PM
Eagles it's almost gametime baby. I seem to remember alot of trash talking coming from that side of the county last year. We all know what happened. Anahuac will be good this year but they can't hold the Hill. Too strong, too conditioned, and too disciplined. All Panthers better beware of a few guys...theres a free safety that'll knock you clean out of your jock and into the guy's next to you...a LB thats just plain psycho...a center that'll dish out more pancakes than IHOP...and finally an express train at TB that will make MANY panthers look foolish. I can't wait till gametime. Eagles just remember two things...bring the hat and make their chins bleed. Go get em guys.

QBKilla
08-28-2003, 09:09 PM
lbc05:
who is taking dolans spot on d... he was a good linbacker last year .. a pretty good one will have to be back their to fill his shoes.. last year me and my fellow line backer felt a kind of connection to the two from barbers hill because we played alot alike.. good luck to the panthers and BHThe only connection I really rememember having with any Anahuac LBs was when I jacked one that was jumping around like he was bad on one of the kick offs. I know yall remember that hit. The LB might not...but anyways good luck to both squads and may the best team win.

RBARKER
08-28-2003, 10:25 PM
Well Anahuac just a little possible preview of tomorrows game. Tonight BH Freshman beat Anahuac 7 to 6 and BH JV beat Anahuac 46 to 6 eek! You got about 21 more hours get ready the Eagles are coming :p

Old Cardinal
08-28-2003, 10:56 PM
Good job BH Freshman and JV!

Eagles52
08-28-2003, 10:59 PM
BH JV with a 46-6 stomping of Anahuac in a game that was not as close as the score would indicate...good luck to both varsity squads tom.

bhillfan
08-29-2003, 06:44 AM
Lets go Eagles, its game day and ready to roll, lets prove who we are tonight

exbccards76'smom
08-29-2003, 07:40 AM
Good to the Hill tonight!! rip 'em up!! :D

eagle.eyes
08-29-2003, 08:00 AM
In case Anahuac doesn't understand what's headed their way Fri. night, the stomping their JV received Thurs. was led by a freshman QB and 2 fresh RB's.

RBARKER
08-29-2003, 06:07 PM
Wo ho! I got the truck filled with gas and I am on my way to Anahuac thank God Football is here.Hope everyone has a safe week Zero I will post the score when I return. GOOOOO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!

RBARKER
08-29-2003, 11:46 PM
Barbers Hill LOST eek! final score Anahuac 20 BH 14 in single overtime. Just to give you a run down on the game Anahuac struck first with a great kick return which set them up on about the 20 for their first TD. BH then answered with a 5o yard drive to tie it up in the first quarter. No one scores untill the fourth quarter when Anahuac scores on a 4th and 11 screen pass for a 30 yard scamper in the enzone. BH answers back in 2 plays to tie the game up 14 all. Then the game went into overtime and Anahuac prevailed 20-14. BH was Heavily pentilized in this game but no excusses Anahuac played a good game and won. Anahuac has a pretty good Defense there Offense lives and dies with the big play though. BH looked good on Defense but the Offense has a lot of work to do the soph QB didnt look to bad but with all of the pentalies they never could get anything going. Congrates to Anahuac hope your season goes well. Good luck in district 21-3A. BH keep your head up take this a learning experiance and move on. Again Great job Anahuac you are the new Chambers county Champs!!

Old Cardinal
08-29-2003, 11:59 PM
Sorry to hear that Barber Hill lost in overtime...I think that BH is in the same boat as Jasper, BC, LaGrange, Sinton, Port Isabel, and others-we have too many young players that have only played on Thursday nights. It takes time to re-build, hopefully we all will be ready by District play..

<small>[ August 30, 2003, 12:14 AM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

bhillfan
08-30-2003, 12:15 AM
hey I dont want to be want of those guys that doesn't come back after a loss, but anahuac played a good game, it came down to many mistakes on our BH side, our team just needs to get together and everyone work on the same level, good luck to yall anahuac in the season

BH_146
08-30-2003, 12:29 AM
I have to agree with everyone. Anahuac made the plays to win the game. I think both teams will be much improved later in the year. But for the next week or two, I don't think either team will be opening up the play book to see what else they can work into their offense. BH will need to have patience to grow with their young QB. Good luck to the Panthers, I'll be watching to see if you can continue the success you began tonight.

aDpT51
08-30-2003, 12:58 AM
I don't think there should be much smack talking because both teams played an exciting game. It was a defensive struggle but it was fun to play in. You gotta love those kind of games. Thanks to all of the fans that came out to the game tonight.

eagle.eyes
08-30-2003, 07:31 AM
Congrats to Anahuac on a big win! Much better team than I expected. Good line on both sides of the ball with 2 real good runners who make things happen out of nothing. On a second note, I sure hope Anahuac gets the nod on the money to revamp the football "stadium." Now I know BH carries fans well and needs more room than most, but come on Anahuac voters......Please!...The field and facilities are horrible!

AP_WR_19
08-30-2003, 08:49 AM
that was a good game lastnight our defense and offense struggle a little but it turned out great.

Good luck BH in 22-3a

hsfan
08-30-2003, 09:42 AM
it was a good game.good luck to both teams next week.

Ranger Mom
08-30-2003, 09:56 AM
THIS was a good thread. A little smack talking between the teams, each team pumping themselves up, no foul language, and when the victory came, BOTH teams were back on here congratulating the other!!

GOOD JOB!!

Panthers1102
08-30-2003, 09:55 PM
Im not sayin it was a good game, us "Pussycats" straight up beat the "Eagletts" yall aint ready to step in the jungle yea we talk trash but we can back it up hey Eagletown you might wanna change yalls name to the "Canaries" or "Eagletts" and the JV game what did yall get scared yalls whole team pretty much consisted of Juniors nuff said

xhardinhornet
08-30-2003, 10:30 PM
No class at all in Anahuac is there? You FINALLY beat a highly regarded team and you can not shut up. That shows how weak you are. You said " we talk trash, but we can back it up" ? By beating Barbers Hill you did gain respect, but you are not in any way champs of any sort. You have much needed success for years to come, before I respect Anahuac. Look at what B-H, Liberty, H-F, Bridge City, Orangefield, and others have done for DECADES. B-H fans and atheletes, don't hang your heads, and don't dwell on Friday night, because when it comes down to it....You are the true champs, and Anahuac is just a "dreg" of society. Maybe you're *anahuac* better than last year, or better than the previous 10 years, but you will not beat Hardin, and you will not make the playoffs, and you will not get ANY respect!!!

xhardinhornet
08-30-2003, 10:33 PM
# 1 Quote of a Champ!

To get Respect, you have to give Respect.

Stay away from that contaminated water in SmithPoint, and you might learn something.

RBARKER
08-30-2003, 10:43 PM
xhardinhornet:
No class at all in Anahuac is there? You FINALLY beat a highly regarded team and you can not shut up. That shows how weak you are. You said " we talk trash, but we can back it up" ? By beating Barbers Hill you did gain respect, but you are not in any way champs of any sort. You have much needed success for years to come, before I respect Anahuac. Look at what B-H, Liberty, H-F, Bridge City, Orangefield, and others have done for DECADES. B-H fans and atheletes, don't hang your heads, and don't dwell on Friday night, because when it comes down to it....You are the true champs, and Anahuac is just a "dreg" of society. Maybe you're *anahuac* better than last year, or better than the previous 10 years, but you will not beat Hardin, and you will not make the playoffs, and you will not get ANY respect!!!Hardin hornet congrates on your win over Tarkington sounds like it got ugly. This post just earned you 5 stars my friend :D

xhardinhornet
08-31-2003, 12:40 AM
Thanks RBARKER....

Mark my word, when Hardin and Anahuac meet later on this season, I promise you that Anahuac will start running their heads before the game and the outcome will not be pretty. By any means, Anahuac always "comes up short" when it counts, am I right? Anahuac's motto " One day we'll matter " It must suck, knowing that when those guys get old and have grand-babies, they won't be able to tell them any bed-time stories about how they dominated in football, Or any sport for that matter. All I can say is, stick to the education aspect of life, and maybe you'll get out of that contaminated water-front, and be something someday, who am i kidding......won't happen!!!

Can not wait until the hornets come to that god for saken town and stump your anasmack heads in the ground.

Good Luck to all the other teams that "will" make the playoffs this year....

aDpT51
08-31-2003, 01:22 AM
Why is it that you always say Anahuac is talking all of the trash when all of your posts on here xhardinhornet, are nothing but that. You just are having a hard time coping with the fact that we did beat BH, they are a good team but I think they are taking it better than you are.

xhardinhornet
08-31-2003, 01:39 AM
The only reason I say the things that I do, is due to the replies I see from Anasmackers. I'm not talking trash at all, I just state the facts bro. I like to see success whether its from Anahuac, Barbers Hill, Liberty or wherever....But when a team congratulates you after beating them, and then someone gets on there and runs their head, I mean come on man....thats horse-crap. We'll see what kind of team Anahuac has when they play Tarkington this week, thats all I am sayin....

holla

xhardinhornet
08-31-2003, 02:24 AM
Give me some predictions on the upcoming games this week.....

Hardin over Trinity - 35
Anahuac over Tarkington - 25

Who else ?????

RBARKER
08-31-2003, 11:35 AM
Anahuac did have some people come back here and act civil. I am not down on Anahuac in any way every town has stupid people in it and even worse than that some of those have computers. Anahuac has a pretty good team I don't know how good yet until I see the Eagles and how they do. Anahauc dont think the season is over, you just had a big win and if you can get up for every game like you did for the Eagles you'll be fine. HF beat us last year then just fell of the face of the Earth, I think they thought they could beat enyone after upsetting BH. Anahuac should handle Tarkington by at least 30. Hardin should Beat trinity by the same, but watch out for Trinity because they just upset Coldsprings 8 to 6 and I thought ColdSprings was going to be prety good this year. Good luck to both teams should make for a interesting matchup Anahuac Vs. Hardin.

Panthers1102
08-31-2003, 12:42 PM
Ok yea Barbers Hill did play a good game maybe I shouldnt have taken it that far but I was just trying to get the point across that Anahuac is not gonna be some easy team to beat like all the Barbers Hillians and (xhardinhornet) were thinking Barbers Hill good luck this season and for xhardinhornet get a life we dont need respect from people like you

eagle.eyes
08-31-2003, 12:56 PM
Panther1102 from Da Wac, you stated earlier that the BH JV beat Da Wac with mostly juniors. Sounds to me like a coach's ploy to help pick up the pride left in the opponents end zone. Yes, the O line has 4 juniors, but the QB, 2 RB's are freshmen and all other skill positions are soph.

eagle08
08-31-2003, 03:52 PM
Good game Anahuac. Both teams will be much improved with a few more games under their belts. If Anahuac plays well I do not see them losing a game in district play. So I am hoping for a rematch bidistrict game between BH and Anahuac. This will only happen if Cleveland picks up a playoff spot and they go D1 sending BH to D2. Sure it is early in the season, but Coldspring losing to Trinity makes me second guess their strength. Yet every team will be getting better each game. I still see Liberty and BH in a toss up for district with Cleveland, Splendora, and Coldspring dueling it out for the third playoff spot. Yet these are just early predictions and there are a ton of games left to play, but when your team loses like BH did one can't wait for a rematch.

xhardinhornet
08-31-2003, 07:03 PM
Anahuac Panthers * team to beat ?
I guess so, I give them props.....Take care of business, and Hardin will take care of theirs. I know it is going to be a great game. One week at a time, and we'll see who will shine!

xhardinhornet
08-31-2003, 07:15 PM
Also, Eagle08: Just because Anahuac beat your pride and joy, you are mentioning them to be undefeated in district play. Dude, UNDERSTAND....Anahuac hasn't made the playoffs in years as far as I know, Every year they say it is their banner year, and they start talking trash....Everyone from B-H said that ya'll just played like crap, you are giving them credit, and they are laughing in your faces....thats terrible! Anahuac might be good, and they might make the playoffs, but Hardin will NEVER forgive themselves for losing a game to Anasmack.....

Anahuac consists of a couple players with raw talent...thats IT, nothing more.....they have NO SIZE at all, size don't run in the family in Anahuac.....you don't ever see any 6'5, 300 lb. mean lean fightin machines in Anahuac, DO YOU ???
Its their speed that helps them, and their brains that hurts them....hardin will win vs anahuac....

mark my word !!!!!

Panthers1102
08-31-2003, 10:24 PM
Xhardinhornet u make urself look like a complete idiot yea i made a mistake about my earier comment but u look at urself sayin anahuac has contaminated water and no brains look at hardin everbody considers yall scrubs when have yall really dominated come on man chill out wait till yall step into the jungle yall will get embarrassed "mark my word" scrub

xhardinhornet
08-31-2003, 10:31 PM
Alright....I hear ya' out. I will not say anymore negative things about Anahuac. I hope that ya'll achieve what ya'll want this year. The only reason I get mad when I see trash talk from Anahuac is because what they said to my team the week before we played them, and we beat them badly. But, I admit thats in the past. Good luck Anahuac, and I can't wait until the Hornets travel over there. If ya'll want to run up the score vs. Tarkington....that would make me very happy....afterall Hardin's old A-D is over there trying to turn things around....put it on 'em.
Good Job vs. the Hill, that suprised me! Anywho, Holla back!

xhardinhornet
08-31-2003, 11:06 PM
How do ya'll *Anahuac, think the playoff picture will look like this year?

1.?
2.?
3.?

Personal Opinion: Hardin, Bridge-City, Anahuac
Not saying any order, just that these three teams will play post-season football.....

lbc05
09-01-2003, 12:26 AM
dont forget about orangefield... we played them last year and they were tough.. their QB is returning and he can pass the ball pretty well... look for them to be in the playoff picture.

xhardinhornet
09-01-2003, 02:31 AM
Yeah, but Orangefield doesn't have a lot of returning starters, or shall I say Sauceda, the reason Hardin lost to them last year. I just do not believe they'll contend with Hardin, Anahuac or Bridge City......

Ball_Hawk_#11
09-01-2003, 05:05 PM
Xhardinhornet your always taliking smack about anahuac as i recall last year yall had to cheat to win... and the only way yall beat takington the other night is because they aren't as athletic but you know and everyone else in hardin knows that yall can not beat Anahuac hardin sucks they have no weapons at all they are GARBAGE mark my words when Anahuac plays Hardin it will be a shut out Anahuac 55 Hardin 0

Bobkat
09-01-2003, 05:23 PM
Yeah forget about Orangefield...we're horrible. We probably couldn't play with Hardin's JV this year.

Old Cardinal
09-01-2003, 06:06 PM
To BobKat: That is really funny! I think Orangefield will kick Hardin all over the field, this year...Here the rest of us, in 21-3A, are a bit worried about John Modica and his excellent receivers: and this fellow from Hardin, of all places, has written you folks off completely!

xhardinhornet
09-01-2003, 07:22 PM
Who am I talking trash about? Nobody, All I said was that Sauceda beat Hardin last year, Not the quaterback, and not his arm. The only way you can beat Hardin is to out physically play them "this year", and I don't know of any teams out there that can. Orangelfield is a good team, but I don't see them beating Hardin this year, nor do I see Anahuac beating Hardin....*you said Hardin has no weapons...haha 1 sentence ---- Derrick Reescano ran the ball 7x's for 150 yards, thats over 20 yards a carry. He didn't even play the 2nd half....dude, if he's not a weapon, who is?
That is not including the 80yrd kickoff return he had as well.....

so keep on talkin smack, yeah hardin sucks but who's been to the playoffs 3 years in a row, and who's beatin the living crap outta anahuac 9 of the last 10 times hardin played ya'll ????

huh' exactly

HARDIN HORNETS

Bobkat
09-01-2003, 08:04 PM
Look man, I know your proud of your Hardin Hornets, that's a good thing. I'm proud of being from Orangefield as well, I bleed Orange believe me. But in other post you keep talking about not getting any respect. It's one thing to make the playoffs, but if you want that RESPECT your talking about, you have to do something when you get there. By no means am I dissing you or your Hornets. I know that they have a good football team, and that they will definetly be in the running for a playoff spot. But in order to get over that next hurdle of being a very good 3A team and not just an average 3A team, you need to go two or three rounds deep in the playoffs. That's the only way to get that respect and attention to your school and athletic program.
As far as the district race, it's gonna be a good one. I see several teams having a very good chance of making the playoffs.

Bridge City - young but don't count them out.
Anahuac - solid on both sides of the ball.
Hardin - explosive offense
Hardin Jeff - speedy offense and scrappy defense.
Hamshire Fannett - alot returning of defense.
Orangefield - have to give QB time to throw, if they do they'll be decent.

Good luck this season. The Orangefield vs Hardin game this year could possibly be a playoff deciding type game. Orangefield won last year 32 to 12 in Hardin, but the game was close for the first 3 qtrs.

lbc05
09-01-2003, 09:29 PM
gotta agree with you on that on bobkat.. making it over those steps in the paloffs is really important to gaining repect... i know us (liberty) almost lost to yall in a exciting bi-district game.. yall play the kind of football you did last year Sauceda or not yall will have a good year

xhardinhornet
09-01-2003, 09:41 PM
I agree with your post on all terms. I am not asking Orangefield, nor Bridge City for the respect of Hardin. Although, I am saying this: Anahuac has beat Hardin "once" in the past 10 years. I am not in any way downsizing Anahuac's team this year. From what I do understand, they are a solid team on both sides of the ball. That's great, and I am very pleased to know that. What I cannot tolerate is anyone from Anahuac stating that "THEY WILL BEAT HARDIN". For one, Hardin is much better this year than last. Two, How do you know "if" you can beat Hardin this year when you haven't even seen them play? Three, Anahuac does not have the size Hardin does, nor the speed in the backfield. Raymond is quick, but he's at the wrong position to do any catastrophic damage to Hardin. The game will be a good one, but this is weeks away. For now, both teams have to worry about "getting better" while you can.

Is everyone clear now on what I am saying ???

hsffan
09-01-2003, 09:56 PM
1st of all xhardinhornet you need to take some of your own advice about respect. I don't know how a member gets rated on this web site but the stars by xhardinhornet are definitely not deserved.talk about "trash" talk. The BH/Ana game was a good game for the fans. It was just the first game of hopefully a long season for both teams.BH/HF game this week will be a good game. Good luck to both teams.I agree with Bobkat you must go a few rds into the playoffs to get respect and attention for your program.I don't think Hardin has gone past the 1st rd have they.I also think Anahuac beat Hardin in 01.Just did beat Anahuac in 02. I think 21-3a and 22-3a will be interesting this year.

xhardinhornet
09-01-2003, 10:01 PM
Anahuac has only beat Hardin once in ten years?

2001 in Anahuac.....

Do you know what you are even talking about? I did not understand that post at all. Did I say Hardin went further than 1 round into the playoffs? NO, Did I ask respect from you? No

You do not know what you are talking about dude.

hsffan
09-01-2003, 10:30 PM
x hardinhornet no you didn't ask for respect and you don't deserve respect with a mouth like that why can't you just talk about football without all the trash talk

xhardinhornet
09-01-2003, 11:10 PM
Mouth? This is a computer, you type things. Can you see the expression on my face when you see these things I have typed. I am not talking trash at all, because there is no point of it. Now, If I was playing, it would be different. All I am doing is supporting my alma-matter. The only time I will comment anything in reference to "trash talking" is when I see a post that is totally uncalled for. This is a fact....Anahuac does not respect Hardin. It is as simple as that I suppose. The answer to that statement is apparantly irrellevant due to the numerous occassions of Hardin wins compared to Anahuac's past success! No longer will I post anything that will be even close to "suggested as trash talk". I stand by my promises! I support all 21-22 District Teams. Besides, we have two of the best districts in the state atheletically, and academically. Good Luck to all !!!!

EAGLETOWN
09-02-2003, 12:43 PM
Im not sayin it was a good game, us "Pussycats" straight up beat the "Eagletts" yall aint ready to step in the jungle yea we talk trash but we can back it up hey Eagletown you might wanna change yalls name to the "Canaries" or "Eagletts" and the JV game what did yall get scared yalls whole team pretty much consisted of Juniors nuff said
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok yea Barbers Hill did play a good game maybe I shouldnt have taken it that far but I was just trying to get the point across that Anahuac is not gonna be some easy team to beat like all the Barbers Hillians and (xhardinhornet) were thinking Barbers Hill good luck this season and for xhardinhornet get a life we dont need respect from people like you Panter1102

I have to give credit where credit is due. The (Pussycats) managed to pull off the upset against a young Eagle team and for that CONGRATULATIONS!! Straight up beat sound like a route. Please, you won in OT and one win isn't enough for you to start calling us Eaglettes. Go ahead and celebrate your win because Anahuac wins over BH are few and far between and it will take more than one win over BH before I start calling yall (PANTHERS). Our team is young and we will get better and hopefully your (Pussycats) will :( (PASS) :( and get up enough for every game in your DISTRICT and we can meet again. But I doubt it. At the end of the season we will be looking for Anasmack. eek! What, where are they, Oh yeah, we were the only team they showed up to beat and the only reason half of them showed up was because we did not get to play yall after the first six weeks. eek!

:D (MEOW) :D

Ball_Hawk_#11
09-02-2003, 07:22 PM
XhardinHornet Your right Anahuac does not give Hardin any respect you get respect when respect is due and yall havent given anahuac a reason to respect yall.. since you wanna talk about the past talkin about how anahuac has only beaten yall once as i recall Hardin's senior class has never beat Anahuac's senior class...... And what did u say Raymond can't do much damange from where he's at its not him you have to worry about by you saying that tells me that yall are scared of what he can do Ya receano he's suppose to have a field day on teams like tarkington what will he do when he play Anahuac,Orangefield,HJ some of the more athletic teams......

AP_OLB_1
09-02-2003, 08:43 PM
i may be a former player for anahuac but i must say that hardin squieked into the playoffs last year on a call that the refs agreed on after reviewing the game film. and i quote.... " the call made by the ref could have and did change the outcome of the game."... yea so what your rb got that many yards on that many carries. but you are running on a team that has fallen apart since their new head coach to the possition. i cant wait till anahuac plays hardin.. in fact i am gonna drive from tyler just to watch this game cuz i remember the tears i shed on that field after last years game... raymond do your thang put him in his place

AP-qb/db 22
09-03-2003, 08:43 PM
tell them boys BIG 8!.. we watched film on hardin the other day and if they think are that good because of the score, then they are wrong.. takrington's defense is horrible, we prolly wont score as much as yall did and that's because we have class.. we might run our mouths but we back it up.. we dont run up the score on weak teams like yall, so next time you wanna say something about anahuac just think about that.

and i also want to see what you say after we play hardin, in the jungle...

AP-qb/db 22
09-03-2003, 08:53 PM
hey eagletown.. we beat yall, so shut up

hsfan
09-03-2003, 10:38 PM
after last week if people did not see,raymond is the real deal.the most simplest way to to put it is the kid has skills.if you do not believe that why do all the ds worry were he is at? just stating the truth from a bh fan and parent.enjoyed seeing you last week no.11.

xhardinhornet
09-04-2003, 12:15 AM
Hardin did not run up the score. Reescano did not even play the second half so your comments about Hardin running up the score is irrelevant. What do you want them boys to do? Kneel on every play! The backup QB, and 3rd string RB played the entire 4th quater. Trust me, 31-0 at half-time, it could have been much worse if the starters played all game. Why do you keep on running your mouths when everyone is complimenting your football program this year? Play one week at a time, and Hardin will be coming to your "swamp" soon enough!

Ball_Hawk_#11
09-04-2003, 07:11 PM
Thanx Hsfan just keep watching Anahuac on Friday nights and you will see a show i will do everything to the best of my ability to give you that ( i promise you) .....Xhardinhornet you talk all this what did you contribute too while you were in Hardin

xhardinhornet
09-04-2003, 08:14 PM
Let's see, up until my junior year i played qb.....every time we played anahuac, oh yeah....i can't remember if i was in 7th or 8th, but one of them i threw 3td's to my boy robert ogden....and all three were fades....my freshman year we beat ya'll pretty bad but not as bad as my junior high years....sophmore year, i hurt my knee, and was out for the season....junior and senior year, i was tha kicker due to the fact that i wanted to concentrate on my true love, baseball, in which that year *senior year* we beat ya'll in football 58-20, and then we smoked ya'll in baseball....what have i done for hardin? earned all district 4 years in a row....numerous metals and plaques for outstanding tournament play.....so basically i guess i haven't contributed to hardin's program one bit???? lol

Old Cardinal
09-04-2003, 09:59 PM
Cool down on your bad language, or I can assure you that you WILL be ROM'ed...This is a clean board and the Administrators and people who frequent it, do not talk that way. I am just trying to help you see the light, before you or off the board! Hopefully a helpful friend..

BH_146
09-04-2003, 10:05 PM
Perhaps it's time to close this thread. If you guys don't, maybe the admin. will. It no longer deals with the subject and poor language is no entering into it. Also, when someone asks a question, they are getting slammed for answering the question asked. Give it a break guys and move on. Its obvious that all of you have insight into some aspects of the game, let us hear about that instead.

xhardinhornet
09-04-2003, 10:37 PM
I heard that, some dude asked me what I did for Hardin, I told him, and this guy gets on here running his head, shows you the class from anasmack.....somebody please close this "subject"! this is way outta control

xhardinhornet
09-05-2003, 02:43 AM
Anahuac/Tarkington Score ?????

51-7 or no ????

AP-qb/db 22
09-06-2003, 01:49 PM
how bout 57-6...