PDA

View Full Version : Falfurrias back to 3A? State will shut Premont ISD down

Bull Butter
08-09-2011, 05:09 PM
Pretty sad situation they got going on there in southern Jim Wells County. Looks like the kids will be going to Fal or Ben Bolt in 2012?

http://www.caller.com/news/2011/aug/09/state-to-close-premont-isd-by-next-year/

I can remember the days when Premont was in AAA (or AA pre-1980) and had some pretty good football teams

SintonFan_inAustin
08-09-2011, 05:29 PM
Ben Bolt has a pretty good junior class for football, that should make them better if they add some Premont players. If they go to Falfurrias it wont change much as far as football goes but could help their baseball team.

Matthew328
08-09-2011, 06:05 PM
If they split them look for Ben Bolt to go 2A and Falfurrias to go 3A

turbostud
08-10-2011, 12:47 PM
Premont also won like 5 cross country state titles in a row back around 05. Kind of suprised at the financial problems. Lots of oil field work going on in the area.

megaman2184
08-10-2011, 12:54 PM
Having Fal back in 3a would be well welcome. With Corpus Christi Miller more then likely going back to 4a, they can take their place come the next realignment. Now what they do with 31-3a next year esp with the two valley teams is up in the air. Do we go back to having 8 teams in with district 30 and 31 and send Raymondville and Lyford back to 32 and move Goliad to Cuero's district? Quick question, when do parents from Premont got to start enrolling their kids before realignment?

footballgal
08-10-2011, 01:37 PM
A couple of weeks ago heading to my parents, I noticed when we passed Ben Bolt that they were upgrading or remodling their stadium. Maybe because of the Premont situation, they are preparing to make more room as their stadium only has one side.

Bull Butter
08-10-2011, 03:56 PM
Premont ISD will still be open for this school year. So, the effects wouldn't be seen until the Spring 2014 realignment.

turbostud
08-10-2011, 04:58 PM
Watch your speed when driving thru Fal and Premont area. The cops will get ya. Just as bad as Los Fresnos. Got pulled over twice heading to Kerrville on separate occasions. Once in Hebronville and once in Premont. Major drug corridor so the cops will pull you over for any excuse. Pulled me over cause one of two lights above my license plate was burned out.