PDA

View Full Version : Aggies to SECede

Pages : [1] 2

Phil C
08-09-2011, 11:35 AM
Please let this be true and please let it happen.

http://bloghawgs.com/2011/08/09/aggies-to-secede/

RoyceTTU
08-09-2011, 12:22 PM

I'm ready for the dominos to fall. I'm tired of rumors. I'm tired of Beebe.

Old Tiger
08-09-2011, 12:34 PM
I'm ready for the dominos to fall. I'm tired of rumors. I'm tired of Beebe.

Well, bye.

BreckTxLonghorn
08-09-2011, 01:39 PM
Well, bye.

+1. Nice.

rptpirate
08-09-2011, 02:18 PM

:iagree: If only we are so lucky. I would love to see them have there lunch eaten in the SEC. They want to cry about the attention UT gets, but they're really the only school I've heard of that does because teams that are consitantly championship caliber I.e (OU, USC, Flordia, Alabama, Ohio State) teams that are a threat each year (yes I know some are on probation and were down last year) don't seem to try to make themselfs so important ... They just are, ATM attitude since the realignments reminds me of the Ugly girl who thinks she needs to be the prom queen :ack!:

Saggy Aggie
08-09-2011, 02:41 PM
:iagree: If only we are so lucky. I would love to see them have there lunch eaten in the SEC. They want to cry about the attention UT gets, but they're really the only school I've heard of that does because teams that are consitantly championship caliber I.e (OU, USC, Flordia, Alabama, Ohio State) teams that are a threat each year (yes I know some are on probation and were down last year) don't seem to try to make themselfs so important ... They just are, ATM attitude since the realignments reminds me of the Ugly girl who thinks she needs to be the prom queen :ack!:Spoken like a true high schooler. :clap:

Hard to understand, no real point, spelling, grammar, run-ons, etc. geeeez

Old Tiger
08-09-2011, 03:25 PM
Spoken like a true high schooler. :clap:

Hard to understand, no real point, spelling, grammar, run-ons, etc. geeeezyou go ahead and get on outta here ya grammar nazi!

MGAR
08-09-2011, 03:30 PM
That would be funny... In the Big12 they have a chance. In the SEC they would not even be in the top half...

Would make baseball great though.

Can't be the best, join the best is their motto.

Old Tiger
08-09-2011, 03:33 PM
That would be funny... In the Big12 they have a chance. In the SEC they would not even be in the top half...

Would make baseball great though.

Can't be the best, join the best is their motto.aggie folk are already getting their SEC chant on for when they go 2-6 in conference.

Pendragon13
08-09-2011, 03:34 PM
The culture at A&M is more in line with the SEC, but I'm not sure they'll find their golden goose there. This year they're poised to regain their big boy status in the Big 12 and nationally....that could go away quick with a move to the SEC next year.

trojandad
08-09-2011, 03:41 PM
The culture at A&M is more in line with the SEC, but I'm not sure they'll find their golden goose there. This year they're poised to regain their big boy status in the Big 12 and nationally....that could go away quick with a move to the SEC next year.

im not the biggest a&m fan, but i believe if i were a blue chip recruit, and i didnt want to sit in line at texas, my choice now is to leave texas for an sec school to have the pros see me....if a&m joins the sec, this lets me be seen nationally when we play 'bama, florida, etc.....if i want to be seen nationally but want to stay home in texas, this move to the sec might be my answer.....

having said that, id sure be surprised if a move like that would happen anytime soon......but i would have lost a bet that osborne would have taken nebraska out of the big 12 as fast as he did.....pelini must swing more power than i thought.....

Old Tiger
08-09-2011, 03:43 PM
im not the biggest a&m fan, but i believe if i were a blue chip recruit, and i didnt want to sit in line at texas, my choice now is to leave texas for an sec school to have the pros see me....if a&m joins the sec, this lets me be seen nationally when we play 'bama, florida, etc.....if i want to be seen nationally but want to stay home in texas, this move to the sec might be my answer.....

having said that, id sure be surprised if a move like that would happen anytime soon......but i would have lost a bet that osborne would have taken nebraska out of the big 12 as fast as he did.....pelini must swing more power than i thought.....Texas has the most players on NFL roster of any college football. The pro scouts say Texas has the best pro day due to facilities.

If they are sitting in line at Texas wouldn't they also sit in line at the top tier SEC schools as well?

I don't think legislation would allow A&M to break off away from Texas and vice versa.

trojandad
08-09-2011, 03:52 PM
Texas has the most players on NFL roster of any college football. The pro scouts say Texas has the best pro day due to facilities.

If they are sitting in line at Texas wouldn't they also sit in line at the top tier SEC schools as well?

I don't think legislation would allow A&M to break off away from Texas and vice versa.

sure they will probably sit elsewhere....my only point is now, the only option for top tier recognition and stay in state is UT....at least then there would be two options in state....but you may be right about legislation, ive heard that bounced back and forth the last time this came up.....but if the article has any truth in it, you know loftin would have already cleared the legalities before having it put to a vote.....hes not THAT big of an aggie.....wait, hes the biggest.....(sorry, just had to)....:)

Pendragon13
08-09-2011, 04:23 PM
sure they will probably sit elsewhere....my only point is now, the only option for top tier recognition and stay in state is UT....at least then there would be two options in state....but you may be right about legislation, ive heard that bounced back and forth the last time this came up.....but if the article has any truth in it, you know loftin would have already cleared the legalities before having it put to a vote.....hes not THAT big of an aggie.....wait, hes the biggest.....(sorry, just had to)....:)That's not really true, success is what brings the national attention more than anything. Remember back in the early 90's when A&M had the dominating defenses? They had no problem sending several Aggies to the NFL every year. In any case, this isn't a done deal...governor Goodhair is an Aggie and he's gone on record saying he doesn't want A&M and UT to split up. A big part of that "culture" I was talking about centers on playing and beating Texas every year, and even if a deal is worked out to preserve the game....can you imagine running the gaunlet of the SEC and then still having to play a top tier Big 12 team every year? That could play havoc with any national title hopes..

BreckTxLonghorn
08-09-2011, 04:28 PM
im not the biggest a&m fan, but i believe if i were a blue chip recruit, and i didnt want to sit in line at texas, my choice now is to leave texas for an sec school to have the pros see me....if a&m joins the sec, this lets me be seen nationally when we play 'bama, florida, etc.....if i want to be seen nationally but want to stay home in texas, this move to the sec might be my answer....

I see your point, and I don't necessarily disagree with it. But here's my thought process on it all; indulge me if you will...

This point works, especially if aTm succeeds if/when they join. But what if they don't succeed? What if they only win 2 or 3 conference games a year? Do the blue chips go back to the old way? Or does one specific SEC school (LSU) suddenly gain a huge advantage? Can you imagine the recruiting speech?

We're driving distance, albeit long, from the major Texas metroplexes. And we're a SHORT, cheapish flight away. Either way, you're never too far from home. We're a perennial top 10 school, and we guarantee you a game in the state every other year. At least. and if Texas isn't giving you playing time, we are.

If I'm from Houston, and have no bias, why wouldn't I choose LSU then (possibly even over Texas)? aTm moving would open the floodgates for them. And do we really want to see our recruits move even faster out of state than they already are?

NastySlot
08-09-2011, 04:28 PM

well I hope so.....but I won't believe it until I see it.

oh yeah those with the "well bye" ..............you forgot the rest of that "you smell that? smells like somebody died (big xii-2)."

BreckTxLonghorn
08-09-2011, 04:33 PM
somebody died (big xii-2)."

Well, bye.

NastySlot
08-09-2011, 04:34 PM
Well, bye.

hope you're right.

NastySlot
08-09-2011, 04:49 PM
I see your point, and I don't necessarily disagree with it. But here's my thought process on it all; indulge me if you will...

This point works, especially if aTm succeeds if/when they join. But what if they don't succeed? What if they only win 2 or 3 conference games a year? Do the blue chips go back to the old way? Or does one specific SEC school (LSU) suddenly gain a huge advantage? Can you imagine the recruiting speech?

We're driving distance, albeit long, from the major Texas metroplexes. And we're a SHORT, cheapish flight away. Either way, you're never too far from home. We're a perennial top 10 school, and we guarantee you a game in the state every other year. At least. and if Texas isn't giving you playing time, we are.

If I'm from Houston, and have no bias, why wouldn't I choose LSU then (possibly even over Texas)? aTm moving would open the floodgates for them. And do we really want to see our recruits move even faster out of state than they already are?

not to get too in depth...but sherman and the gang have done a pretty good job with Louisiana recruits the past two seasons. I think its a good thing.... sure they want to get the best in the state......but when you can't why not go to Louisiana. I could be wrong....but A&M winning or losing in the SEC...I could see more Texas talent going to SEC schools just because of the chance to come home to play every other year..........worked for Missouri, K-State and some of the other big 12 schools.

it all doesn't matter unless the Aggies quit talking about and do it.

underware
08-10-2011, 08:39 AM
Remember what happened to Arkansas when they decided to leave the Southwest Conference. Never heard from them again. See Ya! Wouldn't wanna be ya!

db1980
08-10-2011, 11:12 AM

having said that, id sure be surprised if a move like that would happen anytime soon......but i would have lost a bet that osborne would have taken nebraska out of the big 12 as fast as he did.....pelini must swing more power than i thought.....

A move to the SEC will backfire in the Aggies face. They will struggle to be bowl eligible every year, the powers in the SEC will come into Texas and get the top recruits that aren't Longhorn and Sooner die-hards. The Aggies don't realize this won't be a good move for them. Just imagine Nick Saban in the home of a 5* recruit the Aggies are desparately needing saying "We've beaten the Aggies 5 years running, We have an annual game in Dallas and we come to Baton Rouge every other year. Cope play for us, a National Title regularly, and be looked at by Pro Scouts on national TV every week."

trojandad
08-10-2011, 11:34 AM
A move to the SEC will backfire in the Aggies face. They will struggle to be bowl eligible every year, the powers in the SEC will come into Texas and get the top recruits that aren't Longhorn and Sooner die-hards. The Aggies don't realize this won't be a good move for them. Just imagine Nick Saban in the home of a 5* recruit the Aggies are desparately needing saying "We've beaten the Aggies 5 years running, We have an annual game in Dallas and we come to Baton Rouge every other year. Cope play for us, a National Title regularly, and be looked at by Pro Scouts on national TV every week."

you might be right, but ive never known anyone to get better while playing against weaker players....i just feel the same premise applies to school opponents....i think playing in the sec, aside from recruiting changes good or bad, will make a&m a better team....i think vanderbilt is a better team playing in the sec than they would be playing in the big 12, and i think vandy gets better recruits while playing in the sec than they would if they played in the big 12, irregardless of whether they win the sec (which they wont) or end up last...

and i also think that any school outside of the big 12 and sec, given the choice to join either one, would choose the sec hands down because it would be better for their school overall in the sec at this point in time....

and your point on sec recruiting in texas already exists, if the aggies move they wont be a top tier school like bama is immediately, but remember, bama wasnt top tier until they got saban, saban wouldnt have considered nama if they were in the big 12 as it is....a move to the sec by the ags would allow a different top flight coach to consider a&m, they wouldnt attract one in the big 12....THEN 5* recruits from texas not wanting to choose ut or okla would have a viable choice to stay in texas, they dont now...

there are a lot of reasons not to join the sec, thats true, thats why it isnt a slam dunk decision, but football and football recruiting isnt one of those reasons, as i can see....

Txbroadcaster
08-10-2011, 12:17 PM
while i think a&m needs to make the move..i also think they need to look to Arkansas as how a team will do in the SEC..the razorbacks have been ok with some great years, but alot of down years as well

vet93
08-10-2011, 12:25 PM
I have seen a common denominator to those who are so critical of the aggies desire to go to the SEC. The ones who are the most vocal and derrogatory are usually longhorn fans or at least longhorn sympathizers. They always bring up the Arkansas example...1) Arkansas is not doing too bad now 2) The comparison is apples to oranges. Arkansas recruiting dropped off in Texas (at one time they had as many Texas Recruits as Oklahoma does now) after they departed from the SWC because they could no longer tell Texas recruits that you will get to play in Texas 4 or 5 times per year. They changed conferences/regions and struggled to find a new recruiting base in the SEC early on (They are doing pretty good now). Texas A&M will be able to tell recruits that you will get to play in the SEC AND you will hae 4-5 home games in Texas as well as games in Lousiana and Arkansas which are as close to A&M as lubbock. The reason that Texas fans are criticizing the most is because they have the most to lose. First, the big players in the SEC are already recruiting Texas. Second, A&M will gain at least some advantage because of the SEC affiliation in both Texas and Lousiana. Third, Texas will have the most to lose because they will have to fend off some of the SEC heavy hitters such as Bama and Florida on some of those 4 and 5 star players that currently are not going to A&M anyway but could be enticed by a nationally successful program that gets to play some exposure in Texas. This won't happen on a large scale but could nickel and dime the horns over a period of time.

Dalton Santos, a heavily recruited Linebacker from Texas chose Tennessee over A&M because of the SEC (he alluded to this specifically). It is a good bet that he would have chosen A&M had they been in the SEC. This is just one example how A&M could completely change the recruiting landscape in Texas. A&M will have a tough row to hoe in the SEC no doubt, but to say that they can't be successful because of the competition is ridiculous. They are already in a recruiting hotbed and can match most other SEC teams in recruiting over time. All they need is some time to acclimate.

eagles_victory
08-10-2011, 12:38 PM
while i think a&m needs to make the move..i also think they need to look to Arkansas as how a team will do in the SEC..the razorbacks have been ok with some great years, but alot of down years as well Honestly A&M has been about the same decent and a couple good years and some bad years. That is why I think they should do it its not like they have that far to fall the first few years. But, most of all I wish they would either do it or not do it Im getting tired of hearing about this every 6 months. The rumors start and all my Aggie friends get all fired up about the SEC lol. It is kind of funny that after the kid from Van picked Tennessee because they were an SEC school these rumors start back up.

Txbroadcaster
08-10-2011, 12:39 PM
I have seen a common denominator to those who are so critical of the aggies desire to go to the SEC. The ones who are the most vocal and derrogatory are usually longhorn fans or at least longhorn sympathizers. They always bring up the Arkansas example...1) Arkansas is not doing too bad now 2) The comparison is apples to oranges. Arkansas recruiting dropped off in Texas (at one time they had as many Texas Recruits as Oklahoma does now) after they departed from the SWC because they could no longer tell Texas recruits that you will get to play in Texas 4 or 5 times per year. They changed conferences/regions and struggled to find a new recruiting base in the SEC early on (They are doing pretty good now). Texas A&M will be able to tell recruits that you will get to play in the SEC AND you will hae 4-5 home games in Texas as well as games in Lousiana and Arkansas which are as close to A&M as lubbock. The reason that Texas fans are criticizing the most is because they have the most to lose. First, the big players in the SEC are already recruiting Texas. Second, A&M will gain at least some advantage because of the SEC affiliation in both Texas and Lousiana. Third, Texas will have the most to lose because they will have to fend off some of the SEC heavy hitters such as Bama and Florida on some of those 4 and 5 star players that currently are not going to A&M anyway but could be enticed by a nationally successful program that gets to play some exposure in Texas. This won't happen on a large scale but could nickel and dime the horns over a period of time.

Dalton Santos, a heavily recruited Linebacker from Texas chose Tennessee over A&M because of the SEC (he alluded to this specifically). It is a good bet that he would have chosen A&M had they been in the SEC. This is just one example how A&M could completely change the recruiting landscape in Texas. A&M will have a tough row to hoe in the SEC no doubt, but to say that they can't be successful because of the competition is ridiculous. They are already in a recruiting hotbed and can match most other SEC teams in recruiting over time. All they need is some time to acclimate.

some good points u made,...but to assume Texas players are going to be willing to play for A&M just because they are in SEC IMP is a reach unless they can go there and compete right away...no recruit is going to say yes I want to play for an SEC team that is 6-6 each year.

Santos is unique because he is an old school LB that plays best inside the tackles

while the Razorbacks have been good, I dont think anyone would call them a power in CFB in anyway. They have won 4 division titles and no league title

trojandad
08-10-2011, 12:40 PM

+1.....

eagles_victory
08-10-2011, 12:49 PM
Everyone is assuming here.... I think one side is assuming that if the Ags go to the SEC they are just going to fall off the map and become a Mississippi St. or Ole Miss type school on a year to year basis. However, I think the other side thinks A&M is going to take the lead in Texas recruiting because so many kids want to play in the SEC. I think reality lies somewhere in the middle of both of those thought processes.

vet93
08-10-2011, 01:01 PM
I agree for the most part...However, most Aggies that I know do not believe that they well supplant Texas as the recruiting leader. They have too much history/money/exposure to do that. What most Aggies beleive is that a move to the SEC will give A&M a way to uniquely market their brand to Texas recruits which will improve the Aggie recruiting base. It only takes a few recruits to go from #30 in the nation to #5. In the late eighties and nineties the Aggies stood toe to toe with Texas in recruiting...this could be accomplished again if the Aggies can become CONSISTENTLY nationally relevant over a 4-5 year period...this could occur within the SEC or elsewhere for that matter...many Aggies believe that long-term it would be better for the university in the SEC.

Everyone is assuming here.... I think one side is assuming that if the Ags go to the SEC they are just going to fall off the map and become a Mississippi St. or Ole Miss type school on a year to year basis. However, I think the other side thinks A&M is going to take the lead in Texas recruiting because so many kids want to play in the SEC. I think reality lies somewhere in the middle of both of those thought processes.

rptpirate
08-10-2011, 01:06 PM
Spoken like a true high schooler. :clap:

Hard to understand, no real point, spelling, grammar, run-ons, etc. geeeez

Yeah i guess my AP English teacher doesn't do her job well enough... Dang it, but it's nothing aginst the aggies I try to root for them some games I just hate when people complain and with the conference realignments they do it alot if they want to leave then fine just don't complain on the way out I'd be mad if UT was doing the same stuff. And I'm not staying every Aggie complains just seems like I notice the ones that do lol

BEAST
08-10-2011, 01:08 PM
Honestly A&M has been about the same decent and a couple good years and some bad years. That is why I think they should do it its not like they have that far to fall the first few years. But, most of all I wish they would either do it or not do it Im getting tired of hearing about this every 6 months. The rumors start and all my Aggie friends get all fired up about the SEC lol. It is kind of funny that after the kid from Van picked Tennessee because they were an SEC school these rumors start back up.

If you are just talking about the last few years you would be correct. However, if you look at roughly the last 25-30 years, aTm and UT tend to flip about every 8-10 years. UT ran the show until the mid 80s. Then aTm ran it until the mid to late 90s, Texas took it from there. Mack has now ran his course and had great success. However, now that aTm got Sherman, and has left him alone, you can see the tide turning again. If aTm has a very good year this year, it would then be the time to jump ship if they are going to.

BEAST

LIONS#1
08-10-2011, 01:32 PM
LMAO...well bye!! Guess they are tired of playing second and third fiddle...now they won't have a fiddle to play...LMAO:wave:

Aesculus gilmus
08-10-2011, 01:35 PM
I disagree that Texas fans/alums are opposed to A&M going to the SEC. I have seen almost unanimous sentiment on the UT message boards in favor of the ATM SECession. I myself have been BEGGING them to leave ever since the Big 12 began falling apart in summer of 2010. Please JUST DO IT! Someone has to pull the plug on this Big 12-2 stillborn conference. GO FOR IT, Aggies!

Old Tiger
08-10-2011, 01:37 PM
If you are just talking about the last few years you would be correct. However, if you look at roughly the last 25-30 years, aTm and UT tend to flip about every 8-10 years. UT ran the show until the mid 80s. Then aTm ran it until the mid to late 90s, Texas took it from there. Mack has now ran his course and had great success. However, now that aTm got Sherman, and has left him alone, you can see the tide turning again. If aTm has a very good year this year, it would then be the time to jump ship if they are going to.

BEASTNeither were good in the 80s....prior to the 80s its been all texas

the 90s were A&Ms decade...since 2000 its been all texas.

BEAST
08-10-2011, 01:40 PM
Neither were good in the 80s....prior to the 80s its been all texas

the 90s were A&Ms decade...since 2000 its been all texas.

Thats what I am saying. Maybe my dates were off, but the point still made. 90s=Ags, 00s =Horns, 10s=starting out leaning for the Ags. See what I am saying.

BEAST

Old Tiger
08-10-2011, 01:42 PM
Thats what I am saying. Maybe my dates were off, but the point still made. 90s=Ags, 00s =Horns, 10s=starting out leaning for the Ags. See what I am saying.

BEASTI think its too early to tell....I get what your saying....I say in about 5 years we will have an idea of what it belongs to...Texas is heading in the right direction if they can keep both coordinators and staff they have together.

2012 Texas will be scary good IMO. This year I think since the A&M game is so late they could upset the Ags...Texas will struggle early then about mid season hit a stride and get confidence with the new systems.

BEAST
08-10-2011, 01:47 PM
I think its too early to tell....I get what your saying....I say in about 5 years we will have an idea of what it belongs to...Texas is heading in the right direction if they can keep both coordinators and staff they have together.

2012 Texas will be scary good IMO. This year I think since the A&M game is so late they could upset the Ags...Texas will struggle early then about mid season hit a stride and get confidence with the new systems.

Perhaps, but if Texas starts laying eggs like the did last year, confidence could decline quickly and end up with another 5-7 type year. Then watch the recruits start heading to College Station.

BEAST

Old Tiger
08-10-2011, 01:50 PM
Perhaps, but if Texas starts laying eggs like the did last year, confidence could decline quickly and end up with another 5-7 type year. Then watch the recruits start heading to College Station.

BEASTI think Texas will be back in a bowl....they said the OL is looking good so far.

I have them at 8-4 heading into the bowl game....a 9-4 would be good for a rebuilding Texas team. The 2012 class is already set and a lot of 2013 guys are having Texas as their favorite....

One thing it does is make Texas look attractive because they could go theree seeing what they think is a talent loss and say to themselves that they could help rebuild in the mentality/recruiting pitch if that makes sense.

RoyceTTU
08-10-2011, 01:55 PM
I know most of the discussion on this thread has to do with Football. But the real question is how is the Quidditch competition in the SEC. A&M is currently in a very competitive conference now so they should be fine if they move over. :)

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/files/0000/0601/3475301646_baea81c801.jpg?1240971215

http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/6184445/1024/Fark/TH-quidditch.jpg

NastySlot
08-10-2011, 03:11 PM
I know most of the discussion on this thread has to do with Football. But the real question is how is the Quidditch competition in the SEC. A&M is currently in a very competitive conference now so they should be fine if they move over. :)

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/files/0000/0601/3475301646_baea81c801.jpg?1240971215

http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/6184445/1024/Fark/TH-quidditch.jpg

don't know about sec quid...but looks like tech quid in it's own.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=42213810344

Ernest T Bass
08-10-2011, 03:17 PM
A&M in the SEC

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/thujone/Old%20MS%20PAint/2010%20MSPAINTS/cfb27.jpg

RoyceTTU
08-10-2011, 03:19 PM
A&M in the SEC

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/thujone/Old MS PAint/2010 MSPAINTS/cfb27.jpg

:eek: Awesome

RoyceTTU
08-10-2011, 03:22 PM
don't know about sec quid...but looks like tech quid in it's own.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=42213810344

That was week. Here you go!!!

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/5228/54382918802046338167205.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/CustersDoctor/QUIDDITCH/TECH-QUIDDITCH.gif?t=1311630997

Old Tiger
08-10-2011, 03:46 PM
Liucci just said that A&M wants equal revenue sharing rights.

Pendragon13
08-10-2011, 04:04 PM
That was week. Here you go!!!

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/5228/54382918802046338167205.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/CustersDoctor/QUIDDITCH/TECH-QUIDDITCH.gif?t=1311630997Sometimes I ask myself "how can such things happen?" and then I realize we have a fresh generation of college students who practically grew up with the Potter movies.:doh:

Roughneck93
08-10-2011, 04:05 PM
A&M in the SEChttp://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/thujone/Old%20MS%20PAint/2010%20MSPAINTS/cfb27.jpgWow! Lol! :clap:

RoyceTTU
08-10-2011, 04:07 PM
Liucci just said that A&M wants equal revenue sharing rights.

I thought A&M, OU, and UT already had that with the exception of LHN. It was us others that were getting the smaller piece of the pie. I'll have to look it up. It's been a while since i read on it.

Old Tiger
08-10-2011, 04:10 PM
I thought A&M, OU, and UT already had that with the exception of LHN. It was us others that were getting the smaller piece of the pie. I'll have to look it up. It's been a while since i read on it.Correct and LHN is what A&M wants to be apart of the equal revenue sharing from what I got from the interview which is becoming more and more evident as to why they are so upset about the LHN.

RoyceTTU
08-10-2011, 05:07 PM
Correct and LHN is what A&M wants to be apart of the equal revenue sharing from what I got from the interview which is becoming more and more evident as to why they are so upset about the LHN.

Hmmmm....I can think of other reasons to be mad at ut. LHN isn't really one of them as long as they are not tapping into HS sports. Interesting they think they would have rights to any of that unless they are pushing for a conference TV network. Last rumors I heard was a&m, ou and others were exploring that option.

I did read that Governor Good-hair said that a&m is indeed talking to SEC. I know it really isn't shocking news but it atleast confirms that this isn't a big hoax.

Like I said in my first post, I'm ready to see how all the dominos fall. I'm a bit nervous on how TTU's domino will fall but I really don't think Big12-2 is a viable conference for anyone in the future.

Who knows? Should be interesting.

eagles_victory
08-10-2011, 05:24 PM
Hmmmm....I can think of other reasons to be mad at ut. LHN isn't really one of them as long as they are not tapping into HS sports. Interesting they think they would have rights to any of that unless they are pushing for a conference TV network. Last rumors I heard was a&m, ou and others were exploring that option.

I did read that Governor Good-hair said that a&m is indeed talking to SEC. I know it really isn't shocking news but it atleast confirms that this isn't a big hoax.

Like I said in my first post, I'm ready to see how all the dominos fall. I'm a bit nervous on how TTU's domino will fall but I really don't think Big12-2 is a viable conference for anyone in the future.

Who knows? Should be interesting. That is one way to look at it I guess, but right now the hobo eating out of the garbage is more credible to me than Rick Perry.

trojandad
08-10-2011, 06:26 PM
That is one way to look at it I guess, but right now the hobo eating out of the garbage is more credible to me than Rick Perry.

come on, eagle, the president of the us shouldnt be considered a hobo eating out of the garbage....he eats very well.....:eek:

eagleqb_14
08-10-2011, 06:49 PM
whoaaaaaaa!

Old Tiger
08-11-2011, 09:26 AM
I read that DeLoss mentioned at a luncheon that UT and ND could possible join up to form a conference.

RoyceTTU
08-11-2011, 09:39 AM
I read that DeLoss mentioned at a luncheon that UT and ND could possible join up to form a conference.

I saw that. Not sure why ND would pick Big 12 over every other conference that has been courting them for years. Unless the reason they have never went anywhere was because of their TV deal and they didn't want to share it. If thats the case, the Big 12 might be their answer. A lot less restrictions.

sahen
08-11-2011, 11:07 AM
I saw that. Not sure why ND would pick Big 12 over every other conference that has been courting them for years. Unless the reason they have never went anywhere was because of their TV deal and they didn't want to share it. If thats the case, the Big 12 might be their answer. A lot less restrictions.

i think you could be misinterpreting what Dodds said...he said they could join up to form a conference...as in, once the big 12-2 finally dies UT and Notre Dame plus others could become a new conference...i know you could take what he said either way, but im thinking this is what he meant...may also be what UT ultimately wants...

RoyceTTU
08-11-2011, 11:12 AM
i think you could be misinterpreting what Dodds said...he said they could join up to form a conference...as in, once the big 12-2 finally dies UT and Notre Dame plus others could become a new conference...i know you could take what he said either way, but im thinking this is what he meant...may also be what UT ultimately wants...

Probably so. I think end result is for those two to be together, they do not want equal revenue sharing with TV rights. Having said that I think it might be tough to court other teams into the confrence. I might be wrong though.

Old Tiger
08-11-2011, 11:16 AM
A good start to forming a conference IMO involves ND, Texas, and Oklahoma.

I think you could add other teams such as Missouri, BYU, Boise State, and Oklahoma State.

Those are 7 good programs that would be a great start to the conference.

BYU, ND, and Texas all have their own network/TV deals.

db1980
08-11-2011, 11:22 AM
you might be right, but ive never known anyone to get better while playing against weaker players....i just feel the same premise applies to school opponents....i think playing in the sec, aside from recruiting changes good or bad, will make a&m a better team....i think vanderbilt is a better team playing in the sec than they would be playing in the big 12, and i think vandy gets better recruits while playing in the sec than they would if they played in the big 12, irregardless of whether they win the sec (which they wont) or end up last...

and i also think that any school outside of the big 12 and sec, given the choice to join either one, would choose the sec hands down because it would be better for their school overall in the sec at this point in time....

and your point on sec recruiting in texas already exists, if the aggies move they wont be a top tier school like bama is immediately, but remember, bama wasnt top tier until they got saban, saban wouldnt have considered nama if they were in the big 12 as it is....a move to the sec by the ags would allow a different top flight coach to consider a&m, they wouldnt attract one in the big 12....THEN 5* recruits from texas not wanting to choose ut or okla would have a viable choice to stay in texas, they dont now...

there are a lot of reasons not to join the sec, thats true, thats why it isnt a slam dunk decision, but football and football recruiting isnt one of those reasons, as i can see....

Vanderbilt is who they are because of their tougher academic admissions than the rest of the SEC schools. If they were in the Big 12 it would be no different. they would be decent on their best year.

Yes, AT THIS GIVEN POINT, a top tier team would go to the SEC because the Big 12 is hurting to secure it's very existance. But take a good school that has had some success (not necessarily a top tier team) like aTm, would you rather go to a conference and be competitive and stand a chance to win a conference title with a BCS tie.....or would you rather go to a conference with 4-5 teams that have won BCS titles in the last 10 years. The aggies haven't won against an SEC team since 1995. Aggies to the SEC is almost a guarantee of never seeing a BCS bowl. They stand a good shot at it this year in the Big 12 with a great team returning. The Aggies are just trying to cut off their nose to spite their face.

As far the in-Texas recruiting, aTm has been winning the recruiting battles for instate talent against LSU, Arkansas, etc... If they continue to lose to Arkansas annually and join the SEC and start losing to LSU they will lose those recruiting battles. 4 and 5* kids want to play for winners and be seen. aTm is winning and getting seen. They are on the verge of turning a program around with a good coach and they are willing to turn their back on it for mediocrity in the best conference in America just to Snub the Longhorn Network. That is the very existance of this conversation.

db1980
08-11-2011, 11:30 AM
some good points u made,...but to assume Texas players are going to be willing to play for A&M just because they are in SEC IMP is a reach unless they can go there and compete right away...no recruit is going to say yes I want to play for an SEC team that is 6-6 each year.

Santos is unique because he is an old school LB that plays best inside the tackles

while the Razorbacks have been good, I dont think anyone would call them a power in CFB in anyway. They have won 4 division titles and no league title
The move really didn't help them.

NastySlot
08-11-2011, 01:36 PM
The move really didn't help them.

Idk the hogs were struggling when they left SWC....I would venture to say the Aggies are in little bit better shape.

The SEC is brutal......I truly believe it is the one conference that on any Saturday either team playing can win regardless of records....the Aggies will have their hands plenty full and they may struggle only time will tell.

I really don't know what the big deal is everyone is always ripping the Aggies...let them go. If there really are talks about them joining the SEC good for them they are doing what the other teams should be doing looking out for themselves.......I am pretty sure the boys on the 40 acres could careless if they leave and if they do what happens to the other teams and the conference...horns are going to make their money.

This all about money...it has nothing to do with football wins or losses.....the LHN network is bigger than just two football games and a few h.s games............its money. The Aggies move is about money.....made from the SEC and what the Alumni will spend because of the excitement of the new conference............Money wins games no matter the sport.

eagles_victory
08-11-2011, 01:42 PM
The SEC is brutal......I truly believe it is the one conference that on any Saturday either team playing can win regardless of records....the Aggies will have their hands plenty full and they may struggle only time will tell.

. Yea since the last two winners of the conference went undefeated.

NastySlot
08-11-2011, 01:54 PM
Yea since the last two winners of the conference went undefeated.

now think before you post.....be objective and research how many games in those undefeated seasons were close.........i'll give you a hint with one-youtube Rocky Block..........and another one for you check out this google 2010 Auburn/Kentucky score.

hell i can remember this board blasting SEC and the officials for how Arkansas was cheated at Bama.....oh close game.

you do know a little about College football i've seen some of your other post.

Txbroadcaster
08-11-2011, 02:27 PM
I think SOME( again SOME) Aggie fans think a move to SEC means auto rise in stature. That will only happen if they win and win big. Going 8-4, 7-5 with an occasional jump will only make them like Arkansas or SC..IMO..If A&M wins the Big 12 this year they will get the same prominence they would get in the SEC, because it is not about the conference it is about winning..TCU and Boise State has proven that.

NastySlot
08-11-2011, 02:50 PM
I think SOME( again SOME) Aggie fans think a move to SEC means auto rise in stature. That will only happen if they win and win big. Going 8-4, 7-5 with an occasional jump will only make them like Arkansas or SC..IMO..If A&M wins the Big 12 this year they will get the same prominence they would get in the SEC, because it is not about the conference it is about winning..TCU and Boise State has proven that.

I hear yeah...just like anything their are always those those that feel better about things because of association. I had a discussion with a buddy (tech alum)....about the Aggies ranking.....asked what I thought....told him too high top ten rankings are earned over time and just like you stated I used TCU and Boise as examples. One good year doesn't make you top ten....regardless of returning talent....top 15 or 20 maybe but I don't think top 10.

Txbroadcaster
08-11-2011, 03:11 PM
I hear yeah...just like anything their are always those those that feel better about things because of association. I had a discussion with a buddy (tech alum)....about the Aggies ranking.....asked what I thought....told him too high top ten rankings are earned over time and just like you stated I used TCU and Boise as examples. One good year doesn't make you top ten....regardless of returning talent....top 15 or 20 maybe but I don't think top 10.

And A&M fans are stuck where Texas fans were in 90's..one solid year and they think it auto projects to they will take the next step the very next season..and so far it has not happened...Hell Texas was trying to reach that last step from 98 till finally 05.

NastySlot
08-11-2011, 03:14 PM
And A&M fans are stuck where Texas fans were in 90's..one solid year and they think it auto projects to they will take the next step the very next season..and so far it has not happened...Hell Texas was trying to reach that last step from 98 till finally 05.

gotta win some bowls also....im the fool that keeps spending money on those things.. and get the same results.

hey i heard the ncaa made a ruling about networks associated with universities not be able to televise games.....you re in know that true?

Txbroadcaster
08-11-2011, 03:19 PM
gotta win some bowls also....im the fool that keeps spending money on those things.. and get the same results.

hey i heard the ncaa made a ruling about networks associated with universities not be able to televise games.....you re in know that true?

they said their bylaws did not support college networks showing HS games...such word play in that lol..did not say it was illegal or legal just they did not support it lol

Matthew328
08-11-2011, 03:34 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6270202/31261826

Txbroadcaster
08-11-2011, 03:38 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6270202/31261826

i think it is best all around..but this also hurts A&M and OU's chance of landing a network

spirate_9
08-11-2011, 06:15 PM

What's the push to get the Ags out of the Big 12, Phil?

eagles_victory
08-11-2011, 06:55 PM
Rumor is from the guy at Aggieyell.com that Texas A&M will confirm on August 22nd they are going to the SEC.

eagles_victory
08-11-2011, 06:57 PM
now think before you post.....be objective and research how many games in those undefeated seasons were close.........i'll give you a hint with one-youtube Rocky Block..........and another one for you check out this google 2010 Auburn/Kentucky score.

hell i can remember this board blasting SEC and the officials for how Arkansas was cheated at Bama.....oh close game.

you do know a little about College football i've seen some of your other post. Close? Close? This isn't farts and hand grenades who gives a flying fudge about close. Your post didn't say SEC is a conference where anyone can play anyone close on any given day it said anyone can beat anyone on any given day.

NastySlot
08-11-2011, 07:04 PM
Rumor is from the guy at Aggieyell.com that Texas A&M will confirm on August 22nd they are going to the SEC.

believe when i see it.......gig em :thumbsup:

Txbroadcaster
08-11-2011, 07:19 PM
believe when i see it.......gig em :thumbsup:

Well if they are moving to SEC..then who else is going because SEC has always said they would only take two at a time

Matthew328
08-11-2011, 07:22 PM
Word is for now SEC will go 13 for a year and then they'll add one team

NastySlot
08-11-2011, 07:23 PM
Well if they are moving to SEC..then who else is going because SEC has always said they would only take two at a time

message board rumors.....Florida State. I think other teams mentioned when ever this pops up ....Va Tech, Clemson NC State and even W. Virginia.

the adding of two teams allows for the cross over lock in game........Alabama/Tenn Florida/LSU Ark/SC Auburn/Georgia

Txbroadcaster
08-11-2011, 07:26 PM
message board rumors.....Florida State. I think other teams mentioned when ever this pops up ....Va Tech, Clemson NC State and even W. Virginia.

the adding of two teams allows for the cross over lock in game........Alabama/Tenn Florida/LSU Ark/SC Auburn/Georgia

yea a rumor I heard was if A&M went SEC..Big 12 would look at FSU and U of M

eagles_victory
08-11-2011, 07:28 PM
You heard it here first.

NastySlot
08-11-2011, 07:33 PM
Close? Close? This isn't farts and hand grenades who gives a flying fudge about close. Your post didn't say SEC is a conference where anyone can play anyone close on any given day it said anyone can beat anyone on any given day.

you missed my point.....I stated I believed the SEC was brutal and I believe that on any Saturday any team could be the other( your right close doesn't get you the win).............my point was it is a very tough conference you don't think so? Your reply was good considering the last two SEC champions were undefeated.....tell me how many more they have had in the past ten seasons.........hint your one off.

who would have the better chance of winning the following games in your opinion..........Kansas @ Texas or Mississippi @ lets say Florida..............and I'm talking in any year past or present.

my point is the SEC is tough .....that was all.

eagles_victory
08-11-2011, 07:38 PM
you missed my point.....I stated I believed the SEC was brutal and I believe that on any Saturday any team could be the other( your right close doesn't get you the win).............my point was it is a very tough conference you don't think so? Your reply was good considering the last two SEC champions were undefeated.....tell me how many more they have had in the past ten seasons.........hint your one off.

who would have the better chance of winning the following games in your opinion..........Kansas @ Texas or Mississippi @ lets say Florida..............and I'm talking in any year past or present.

my point is the SEC is tough .....that was all. I don't disagree with that... but the last 2 years are probably better tellers than the previous 8.

NastySlot
08-11-2011, 07:44 PM
yea a rumor I heard was if A&M went SEC..Big 12 would look at FSU and U of M

someone posted earlier that Dodds mentioned adding ND............so I guess he must really think the Aggies will leave.

Notre Dame....there s a good one....I've seen so many people bash them on this and other boards about when was the last time they were relevant...and now they might be needed to save the big xii-2.........but the funniest thing is they have been asked to join the Big 10 many times and refused.....but now they might join a conference that would include road trips to Waco, Manhattan, Lawerence and Lubbock...............when East Lansing and Ann Arbor are homes to two of their biggest rivals.

Not bashing just wondering your opinion(TXB)....do you think teams will want to join a conference that doesn't have equal revenue sharing?

Look I believe the horns made a great business move with the LHN.....but I think if the horns really wanted to save the big xii-2 and make it stronger for future expansion...they should of pushed for a big xii network.

Matthew328
08-11-2011, 07:47 PM
When A&M leaves, look for Houston to be the team the Big 12 takes.....too many of my sources are saying it

NastySlot
08-11-2011, 07:47 PM
I don't disagree with that... but the last 2 years are probably better tellers than the previous 8.

fair enough.

Txbroadcaster
08-11-2011, 07:54 PM
someone posted earlier that Dodds mentioned adding ND............so I guess he must really think the Aggies will leave.

Notre Dame....there s a good one....I've seen so many people bash them on this and other boards about when was the last time they were relevant...and now they might be needed to save the big xii-2.........but the funniest thing is they have been asked to join the Big 10 many times and refused.....but now they might join a conference that would include road trips to Waco, Manhattan, Lawerence and Lubbock...............when East Lansing and Ann Arbor are homes to two of their biggest rivals.

Not bashing just wondering your opinion(TXB)....do you think teams will want to join a conference that doesn't have equal revenue sharing?

Look I believe the horns made a great business move with the LHN.....but I think if the horns really wanted to save the big xii-2 and make it stronger for future expansion...they should of pushed for a big xii network.

They refused Big ten cause of network issues..in big 12 that is not an issue

and yes i think high revenue schools would jump at the chance to not have to share evenly.

and i still think A&M will get more money in Big 12..right now they are actually benefactors of a system that does not share evenly

Old Tiger
08-11-2011, 08:06 PM

Look I believe the horns made a great business move with the LHN.....but I think if the horns really wanted to save the big xii-2 and make it stronger for future expansion...they should of pushed for a big xii network.With Texas and ND its not about saving the big 12 but creating another conference.

For as irrelevent as ND has been they still have tons of money and history backing them. They refused Big 10 because they would have to share their tv contract money.

NastySlot
08-11-2011, 08:10 PM
With Texas and ND its not about saving the big 12 but creating another conference.

really? What makes you say that....Notre Dame wants to form a conference.....just wondering and you do know who save the conference last summer don't you...God only knows why they wanted to save it when at the time according to many of their fans on this board they could name their conference....now it looks like the PAC 10 won't take them and really who would with them having their own network and not really open to revenue sharing?

Cause to me it sounds like a little of what I have been thinking would happen....D1 college football will become the have and have nots (money wise).

NastySlot
08-11-2011, 08:15 PM
For as irrelevent as ND has been they still have tons of money and history backing them. They refused Big 10 because they would have to share their tv contract money.[/QUOTE]

oh i don't think ND is irrelevent....I respect the institution and the traditions....I have never dogged them...must be the Catholic in me.

Txbroadcaster
08-11-2011, 08:17 PM
really? What makes you say that....Notre Dame wants to form a conference.....just wondering and you do know who save the conference last summer don't you...God only knows why they wanted to save it when at the time according to many of their fans on this board they could name their conference....now it looks like the PAC 10 won't take them and really who would with them having their own network and not really open to revenue sharing?

Cause to me it sounds like a little of what I have been thinking would happen....D1 college football will become the have and have nots (money wise).

The whole reason Texas did not go to Pac is because of the network issue..Pac 10 wants their own network and Texas would have to give up creating one

Old Tiger
08-11-2011, 08:18 PM

To start off you would have ND, Texas, Oklahoma, and OKlahoma state.

Oklahoma doesn't want to leave Texas and vice versa because of the national spectrum of that rivalry. Oklahoma State would follow Oklahoma. Then you have to of the top 5 revenue teams in the nation in that conference.

Then I think you could throw teams like BYU(who has their own network as well), Houston, Air Force, Boise State, Kansas State, Missouri, Kansas and Tech.

NastySlot
08-11-2011, 08:30 PM
The whole reason Texas did not go to Pac is because of the network issue..Pac 10 wants their own network and Texas would have to give up creating one

then why not do it?

and idk but I am beginning to think the network regardless of the school is becoming a problem.

just me but if the big xii would of worked to keep at least Colorado than worked to add maybe BYU, Notre Dame and a few southern schools....over time I believe the conference would of worked...... I don't think the big schools in the big xii really care if the conference makes it.

My plan would of sorta looked like this....not that anyone cares:

Texas
A&M
Baylor
Tech
OU
OSU

and then
Colorado
BYU
K-State
Kansas
Missouri
Iowa State

maybe expand with a Houston, TCU, and one of the rising Florida schools (CF or SF) they have huge enrollments. Northern additions...Notre Dame(longshot), Louisville

Old Tiger
08-11-2011, 08:33 PM
then why not do it?

and idk but I am beginning to think the network regardless of the school is becoming a problem.

just me but if the big xii would of worked to keep at least Colorado than worked to add maybe BYU, Notre Dame and a few southern schools....over time I believe the conference would of worked...... I don't think the big schools in the big xii really care if the conference makes it.

Texas
A&M
Baylor
Tech
OU
OSU

and then
Colorado
BYU
K-State
Kansas
Missouri
Iowa State

maybe expand with a Houston, TCU, and one of the rising Florida schools (CF or SF) they have huge enrollments. Northern additions...Notre Dame(longshot), Louisville

A&M is tired of being in "varsitys" shadow

Txbroadcaster
08-11-2011, 08:36 PM
then why not do it?

Texas
A&M
Baylor
Tech
OU
OSU

and then
Colorado
BYU
K-State
Kansas
Missouri
Iowa State

maybe expand with a Houston, TCU, and one of the rising Florida schools (CF or SF) they have huge enrollments. Northern additions...Norte Dame(longshot), Louisville

U take BYU u have same issue..they have a network..I honestly dont think the network is that big of an issue to Texas..They can decide to go the independent route and I think would be able to be fine

Also I actually think the first super conference might spawn from the Big 12 depending on what happens...I could see Texas saying ok we can share all revenue but the network is seperate..team like BYU and ND would jump at that...then OU says ok we are staying and we are going to create are own network..this would allow lesser schools money wise to still get a piece of the pie..and dont pretend other big schools arent looking at Texas and BYU and seeing if it will work..and if it does more and more schools will look into it and this conference would give them the avenue to do that

NastySlot
08-11-2011, 08:38 PM
Right...so now that they go(as rumors have it) out and do something about...they get bashed. Stay or go they will get bashed.

It will only be a matter of time and no one will want to live the same conference with the Horns.....first Arkansas, then the Huskers and Buffs and now maybe the Aggies.

I think the whole move (if it happens) is all based on making money.

Old Tiger
08-11-2011, 08:41 PM
Right...so now that they go(as rumors have it) out and do something about...they get bashed. Stay or go they will get bashed.

It will only be a matter of time and no one will want to live the same conference with the Horns.....first Arkansas, then the Huskers and Buffs and now maybe the Aggies.

I think the whole move (if it happens) is all based on making money.Money is all anything is about these days.

Txbroadcaster
08-11-2011, 08:45 PM

I think the whole move (if it happens) is all based on making money.

Arky left because the writing on the wall that the SWC was not going to make it..hell they tried to get A&M and Texas to come with them

NastySlot
08-11-2011, 08:47 PM
so i am right on when I say the eventually D1 football will become divided into haves and have nots..................not too sure how the BYU network works....but I used to get it and it's really geared more toward the Church....not so much sports.

Idk...this whole Network and super conference of have and have nots...might some day end up in the courts soon...................that's a shame cause College Football is becoming too corporate and business like.

What ever happens I hope it doesn't destroy the game.......many complain now about the unfairness the BCS system has toward the smaller programs and then the arguements that Big Money schools never get theirs when punishment is handed out by the NCAA...like the little guys get.

NastySlot
08-11-2011, 08:48 PM
Money is all anything is about these days.

I hear yeah.....thank God we still have High School football heres hoping it remains pure.

Txbroadcaster
08-11-2011, 08:51 PM
so i am right on when I say the eventually D1 football will become divided into haves and have nots..................not too sure how the BYU network works....but I used to get it and it's really geared more toward the Church....not so much sports.

Idk...this whole Network and super conference of have and have nots...might some day end up in the courts someday soon...................that's a shame cause College Football is becoming too corporate and business like.

What ever happens I hope it doesn't destroy the game.......many complain now about the unfairness the BCS system has toward the smaller programs and then the arguements that Big Money schools never get theirs when punishment is handed out by the NCAA...like the little guys get.

Funny thing..ur comment about have and have nots

Here in America we are about capitalism in buisness world..but in sports ( baseball the exception) we practice socialistic ideals with salary cap and revenue sharing

In Europe they are mostly socialistic in buisness but in their big sport of soccer it is all about money money money..you either have it or dont no salary caps no revenue sharing( except TV contract)...

And College football btw way until last 25 years with scholly limits was all about the have and have nots.

Old Tiger
08-11-2011, 08:51 PM

Idk...this whole Network and super conference of have and have nots...might some day end up in the courts someday soon...................that's a shame cause College Football is becoming too corporate and business like.

What ever happens I hope it doesn't destroy the game.......many complain now about the unfairness the BCS system has toward the smaller programs and then the arguements that Big Money schools never get theirs when punishment is handed out by the NCAA...like the little guys get.BYU is based on the Mormon church and that is why there network is succesful because of the Mormon programming.

Only way to get rid of this conference crap would be to have a tournament to determine the national champion.

Matthew328
08-11-2011, 08:52 PM
Cougar High....trust the Stepp

NastySlot
08-11-2011, 09:01 PM
And College football btw way until last 25 years with scholly limits was all about the have and have nots.

sure it was and it was a sorry system......recruit all you can get as long as they re sitting on your bench and not playing.....they aren't playing for your rivals................sports -amatuer sports are about fair play......the better team wins cause it worked harder and the staff was better prepared........so now make more money and out spending your opponents is name of the game..........people dog teams and players in the pro s for buying championship caliber teams...not building them..a lot of people hate the big market teams like the Yankees, Lakers and now even the heat. I hate it but this is what college sports have become.

the old system created powerhouse and coaching legends and has left many trying to still play catch up I think about it everytime a horn fan throws the all time series record at me.....that's another discussion.

Note...I used the words fair play....not saying everyone should be given a trophy or medal...not that time of fair play cr@p.......saying all things equal the better prepared wins.

eagles_victory
08-11-2011, 09:20 PM
Anyone know what A&Ms reason for this is?

Old Tiger
08-11-2011, 09:23 PM
Anyone know what A&Ms reason for this is?The way it seems is they are tired of being second fiddle and want a piece of the LHN pie. They think SEC will push them into top tier of teams and help their recruiting.

Phil C
08-11-2011, 11:20 PM
BYU is based on the Mormon church and that is why there network is succesful because of the Mormon programming.

Only way to get rid of this conference crap would be to have a tournament to determine the national champion.

Old I admire the Mormon Church.

Phil C
08-12-2011, 09:52 AM
Here is an update. Please let it happen.

http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1250840

RoyceTTU
08-12-2011, 10:00 AM
This is turning into a cluster ****. All the suspense is killing me and I'm not sure my school has the clout to control their own destiny. This makes me nervous.

Edited out a unintended pun:eek:

trojandad
08-12-2011, 10:08 AM
This is turning into a cluster ****. All the suspense is killing me and I'm not sure my school has the clout to control their own destiny. This makes me nervous.

Edited out a unintended pun:eek:

wouldnt you think tech has contacted the sec letting them know if they need a partner to come into the sec with a&m to keep numbers even, theyre available...? especially with tuberville'scontacts there......i bet theyve at least made a call.....

RoyceTTU
08-12-2011, 10:12 AM
http://www.legis.state.tx.us/tlodocs/82R/schedules/html/C2902011081614001.htm

Didn't take the state Legislature long to get in gear. Too bad they don't get in a hurry for much else

trojandad
08-12-2011, 10:15 AM

Didn't take the state Legislature long to get in gear. Too bad they don't get in a hurry for much else

there is blood in the water.....(money on the table)......sharks are never late for blood.....:stirpot:

RoyceTTU
08-12-2011, 10:21 AM
wouldnt you think tech has contacted the sec letting them know if they need a partner to come into the sec with a&m to keep numbers even, theyre available...? especially with tuberville'scontacts there......i bet theyve at least made a call.....

Rumor has it Hocutt and Hance are on the West Coast as we speak.
There are a few factors that are really making me nervouse

1. Noone know if the PAC wants to 14 or 16 teams. I don't know the particulars but because of their new TV contract it is a benefit to all the current PAC schools to expand to only 14 teams. If this happens the logical choice is to go after OU and OSU(they are a package deal). Also if indeed they go to 16 schools the other schools being thrown around is KU and KSU(these two are a package deal, if I remember they even share a Board of Regents). Both scenerios don't look good. For the PAC - Tech is a third wheel not really having a good match to round the numbers off. This puts us back into the same situation we had with SWC and BigXII. We need UT help.

2. SEC - I don't think this is even an option. From what I understand they are looking to Virginia Tech and Florida State.

3. Confrenece USA or Mountain West - These are fallbacks but a very disappointing fallback

4. Stay in Conference with UT - this is probably the #1 fallback. This is actually likely. The problem with this is going to be the current problem. UT has created such an advantage because of funding and such that there is no way to really grow underneath them. I don't see UT giving up the LHN and really don't see them sharing revenue. Even if UT convinces BYU and ND to come to a reformed conference, Tech still is sitting there with no TV rights and really not a big enough following or funding to create a network.

These are just the highlights of what I've research thus far. I don't like the direction it's heading.

Correct me if I'm wrong on any accounts.

Old Tiger
08-12-2011, 10:22 AM
could big 12 just try and add ND, BYU and Houston if A&M leaves? I think that would make the conference look good.

RoyceTTU
08-12-2011, 10:25 AM
could big 12 just try and add ND, BYU and Houston if A&M leaves? I think that would make the conference look good.

I agree it would look good. But imagine where UH, Tech, Baylor, Iowa feels about this. The TV revenue sharing isn't there in the Big 12 to keep it viable for the smaller schools. There is no incentive to be there. If some TV deals are restructured or even a conference TV network is put in place, there might be a way to make it work.

Old Tiger
08-12-2011, 10:30 AM
I agree it would look good. But imagine where UH, Tech, Baylor, Iowa feels about this. The TV revenue sharing isn't there in the Big 12 to keep it viable for the smaller schools. There is no incentive to be there. If some TV deals are restructured or even a conference TV network is put in place, there might be a way to make it work.The incentive is they get to be in a BCS conference which tv deals already worth more than non BCS conference.

North: ND, BYU, Kansas, Missouri, Kansas State, Iowa State
South: TExas Oklahoma, Okie State, Tech, Baylor, Houston

Makes the conference good in both revenue sports(football and Mens basketball)

Could you imagine the basketball games you get ouf ot this...
Kansas vs ND
Kansas vs Texas
Kansas vs BYU
ND vs BYU
ND vs Texas
Texas vs ND
Texas vs BYU

Throw in Baylor too as well as Oklahoma.

Buckeye1980
08-12-2011, 10:33 AM
A&M hasn't exactly blazed a football trail in the Big 12 — with 12 straight seasons of fewer than 10 wins and a five-game bowl losing streak.(And remember: Three of those five bowl losses have come to SEC teams, by an average score of 41-17.)

Phil C
08-12-2011, 10:37 AM
Oklahoma has also threatened to go to the SEC. If so bye bye!

Old Tiger
08-12-2011, 10:40 AM
Oklahoma has also threatened to go to the SEC. If so bye bye!OU knows that they make a lot of money with rivalry with Texas. They won't leave.

trojandad
08-12-2011, 10:41 AM
Rumor has it Hocutt and Hance are on the West Coast as we speak.
There are a few factors that are really making me nervouse

1. Noone know if the PAC wants to 14 or 16 teams. I don't know the particulars but because of their new TV contract it is a benefit to all the current PAC schools to expand to only 14 teams. If this happens the logical choice is to go after OU and OSU(they are a package deal). Also if indeed they go to 16 schools the other schools being thrown around is KU and KSU(these two are a package deal, if I remember they even share a Board of Regents). Both scenerios don't look good. For the PAC - Tech is a third wheel not really having a good match to round the numbers off. This puts us back into the same situation we had with SWC and BigXII. We need UT help.

2. SEC - I don't think this is even an option. From what I understand they are looking to Virginia Tech and Florida State.

3. Confrenece USA or Mountain West - These are fallbacks but a very disappointing fallback

4. Stay in Conference with UT - this is probably the #1 fallback. This is actually likely. The problem with this is going to be the current problem. UT has created such an advantage because of funding and such that there is no way to really grow underneath them. I don't see UT giving up the LHN and really don't see them sharing revenue. Even if UT convinces BYU and ND to come to a reformed conference, Tech still is sitting there with no TV rights and really not a big enough following or funding to create a network.

These are just the highlights of what I've research thus far. I don't like the direction it's heading.

Correct me if I'm wrong on any accounts.

with the show that the pac 10 (or however many) put on at the end of last year, i think all tech would have to do to belong to them is just offer....i dont see them as the beautiful prom date....the commish of that league all but said well take all the numbers we can get....i wouldnt be surprised if he eventually offers most of the wac and mt west teams entry, figuring if he cant compete with the sec and other in quality, hell be able to offer some network more games than any other league can offer.....i dont think thats a good long term plan, but their commish was a media man first, so he thinks the entire football world spins around what kind of tv contract one can cut and that only.....

RoyceTTU
08-12-2011, 10:45 AM
OU knows that they make a lot of money with rivalry with Texas. They won't leave.

I'm not sure I agree.

Yes they can make a ton of money with UT, but I don't think that deters them enough to go elsewhere and make a ton of money. OU is a very sexy pick for any conference even if they are dragging an ugly sister around.

RoyceTTU
08-12-2011, 10:49 AM
with the show that the pac 10 (or however many) put on at the end of last year, i think all tech would have to do to belong to them is just offer....i dont see them as the beautiful prom date....the commish of that league all but said well take all the numbers we can get....i wouldnt be surprised if he eventually offers most of the wac and mt west teams entry, figuring if he cant compete with the sec and other in quality, hell be able to offer some network more games than any other league can offer.....i dont think thats a good long term plan, but their commish was a media man first, so he thinks the entire football world spins around what kind of tv contract one can cut and that only.....

he also said the deal was for ut or none.

And also said that he is no rush to get this done. Even if SEC makes a play at atm, the pac dosn't have to do anything immediately. Now if they also offer VT and FSU, i think pac has to start the ball rolling sooner than later.

Old Tiger
08-12-2011, 10:53 AM
I'm not sure I agree.

Yes they can make a ton of money with UT, but I don't think that deters them enough to go elsewhere and make a ton of money. OU is a very sexy pick for any conference even if they are dragging an ugly sister around.Aside from LHN Oklahoma, Texas, and A&M are all getting equal revenue from Big 12 tv deal.

bwdlionfan
08-12-2011, 10:57 AM
I have a question on LHN.... will it be something that will come with a standard programming package on Direct TV or Dish Network? Or is it something that will be an extra charge to receive? If it costs extra, I'd rather they just keep on broadcasting games on FSSW and ABC.

RoyceTTU
08-12-2011, 11:08 AM
Aside from LHN Oklahoma, Texas, and A&M are all getting equal revenue from Big 12 tv deal.

LOL, you speak like that's okay.

I think the real root is the LHN and not sharing the TV revenue. Dont get me wrong though...if they can do I think they should and they did. I wish we could do the same. The problem is with SEC and other conferences having equal revenue sharing, the big 12 isn't really a great place to be unless you have your own TV deal..ie..ND and BYU. Now there were rumors that OU was workingon this but also rumors they were working one with atm. Who really knows.

Old Tiger
08-12-2011, 11:11 AM
I have a question on LHN.... will it be something that will come with a standard programming package on Direct TV or Dish Network? Or is it something that will be an extra charge to receive? If it costs extra, I'd rather they just keep on broadcasting games on FSSW and ABC.I think teams in conference who play on LHN like Tech would receive a pretty good payment for the game.

trojandad
08-12-2011, 11:15 AM
he also said the deal was for ut or none.

And also said that he is no rush to get this done. Even if SEC makes a play at atm, the pac dosn't have to do anything immediately. Now if they also offer VT and FSU, i think pac has to start the ball rolling sooner than later.

yea, but they took less than ut, thats why i think the guy isnt worth his word....they dont have to do anything, but he strikes me as someone that isnt going to be content in his job if he isnt adding members....could be wrong, of course....

and i think the basketball considerations will come into play with vt and fsu.....not that they cant be done, but they both like their roundball deals....sec would use their leverage to require all sports or nothing.....i just dont see tech as such an ugly stepchild in this matter, i think theyve shown they can compete, and in a league with just a few schools starring, the sec needs all the teams that will compete they can get.....i dont think smu or baylor are ready to compete on that level, again, may be wrong....

Aesculus gilmus
08-12-2011, 11:31 AM
BYU is based on the Mormon church and that is why there network is succesful because of the Mormon programming.

Hell, why isn't there a Baylor network already then? There are more Southern Baptists than there are Mormons.

RoyceTTU
08-12-2011, 11:33 AM
yea, but they took less than ut, thats why i think the guy isnt worth his word....they dont have to do anything, but he strikes me as someone that isnt going to be content in his job if he isnt adding members....could be wrong, of course....

and i think the basketball considerations will come into play with vt and fsu.....not that they cant be done, but they both like their roundball deals....sec would use their leverage to require all sports or nothing.....i just dont see tech as such an ugly stepchild in this matter, i think theyve shown they can compete, and in a league with just a few schools starring, the sec needs all the teams that will compete they can get.....i dont think smu or baylor are ready to compete on that level, again, may be wrong....

Don't get me wrong. I don't see Tech as an ugly stepchild either. :inlove: We do compete. If I remember correctly in Football, we are the 4th winningst team in the Big XII only behind UT/OU/NU. We also have more consecutive bowls and we are way up there in bowl wins. Granted we havn't brought home a BCS bowl but I'm not arguing that Tech is the prettiest.

As far as other sport, sadly we are not that great with the exception of a few years of Womens basketball. Hopefully Gillispie can change that.

I think the real problem really revolves around TV sets. Lubbock isn't that big and is in a tough market with OU/OSU north and UT/A&M South and TCU out East. This has gotten better over the past 10 or so years but it still goes back to the numbers game.

eagles_victory
08-12-2011, 11:35 AM
Hell, why isn't there a Baylor network already then? There are more Southern Baptists than there are Mormons. Mormons are way more devout. Most Southern Baptist like me don't give a crap about Baylor.

Aesculus gilmus
08-12-2011, 11:40 AM
OU knows that they make a lot of money with rivalry with Texas. They won't leave.

The Texas-OU rivalry does not depend on the schools being in the same conference. Up until the mid-1990s, they were in separate conferences and yet it was still a big rivalry. Texas-Arkansas, OTOH, depended on the existence of the SWC to sustain their rivalry. When Arkie left and the SWC imploded a year or two later, that was the last you heard of the rivalry. Ironically, when I was a youth, Texas-Arkansas was an EVEN BIGGER rivalry than Texas-OU. Texas-Texas A&M has always been an afterthought, mainly because the Aggies have not usually been competitive, aside from the massive cheating era of Jackie Sherrill.

bwdlionfan
08-12-2011, 11:41 AM
Here's a good take on the whole thing from someone in Oklahoma (who is actually in favor of Longhorn Network).

http://newsok.com/longhorn-network-many-will-buy-few-will-watch/article/3582663

Yoe_09
08-12-2011, 11:47 AM
I have a question on LHN.... will it be something that will come with a standard programming package on Direct TV or Dish Network? Or is it something that will be an extra charge to receive? If it costs extra, I'd rather they just keep on broadcasting games on FSSW and ABC.

From what I am seeing here it says that they do not plan to carry the network on DirecTv or Dish. http://espn.go.com/longhornnetwork/

sahen
08-12-2011, 12:40 PM
i dont think smu or baylor are ready to compete on that level, again, may be wrong....

the irony of this is that Baylor's Athletic Dept. runs circles around Tech's and a lot of the Big 12, esp since 2000...unfortunately the one sport that we have not only been poor at but inadequate is the one that matters most...i feel if the conference survived 5 more years we would be in a good place as football is really coming around and with the true conference round robin and our improved recruiting i think we r going to win some games...unfortunately, we may have waited too late...we will see what happens but it is an anxious time as a baylor alum and fan...

Old Tiger
08-12-2011, 01:31 PM
Hell, why isn't there a Baylor network already then? There are more Southern Baptists than there are Mormons.Because Baylor isn't the flagship school of the Baptist universities.

Notre Dame is with catholics
BYU is with Mormons

NastySlot
08-12-2011, 01:46 PM
The Texas-OU rivalry does not depend on the schools being in the same conference. Up until the mid-1990s, they were in separate conferences and yet it was still a big rivalry. Texas-Arkansas, OTOH, depended on the existence of the SWC to sustain their rivalry. When Arkie left and the SWC imploded a year or two later, that was the last you heard of the rivalry. Ironically, when I was a youth, Texas-Arkansas was an EVEN BIGGER rivalry than Texas-OU. Texas-Texas A&M has always been an afterthought, mainly because the Aggies have not usually been competitive, aside from the massive cheating era of Jackie Sherrill.

when were you a youth......late 50's to 60's even so OU has always been the biggest game. Yeah the Aggies haven't been competitive.....they did alright the four years I was there...matter a fact they did ok under RC.....and the massive cheating going on....your old enough to know that it was done by all including your horns.

NastySlot
08-12-2011, 01:51 PM
Here's a good take on the whole thing from someone in Oklahoma (who is actually in favor of Longhorn Network).

http://newsok.com/longhorn-network-many-will-buy-few-will-watch/article/3582663

Last summer when all the schools left the save the big xii-2 meeting all the schools were ok with it....are you really sure OU is ok with it? I think the Sooners are sitting back taking notes so that when they make the move for their own network they won't have as many problems............until the OSU base gets pissed.

NastySlot
08-12-2011, 02:04 PM
Look all this talk is good......no matter what happens I will support my school, but I really believe the Aggies arent' going anywhere. The big three(money schools) will try to save a joke of a conference and when the Horns decide they want the conference to disolve they will......moneys good and wins are easy for the Horns they are the makers or breakers of the big xii-2.

once the lawmakers get involved all this talk will die out cause threats to funding will be made and the aggies hands will be tied....and that will be cuts to funding of academics.......which wouldn't really hurt the athletics dept.

RoyceTTU
08-12-2011, 02:14 PM
Look all this talk is good......no matter what happens I will support my school, but I really believe the Aggies arent' going anywhere. The big three(money schools) will try to save a joke of a conference and when the Horns decide they want the conference to disolve they will......moneys good and wins are easy for the Horns they are the makers or breakers of the big xii-2.

once the lawmakers get involved all this talk will die out cause threats to funding will be made and the aggies hands will be tied....and that will be cuts to funding of academics.......which wouldn't really hurt the athletics dept.

The last gernade will be the PUF. I think it is the only carrot the lawmakers can dangle.

Phil C
08-12-2011, 02:16 PM
Because Baylor isn't the flagship school of the Baptist universities.

BYU is with Mormons

Old I admire the Catholic Church.

Phil C
08-12-2011, 02:16 PM
Old and eagles I admire the Southern Baptist Church.

Old Tiger
08-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Old and eagles I admire the Southern Baptist Church.Phil I find it hard to admire hypocritical people.

RoyceTTU
08-12-2011, 02:38 PM
Phil I find it hard to admire hypocritical people.

Jake: Let's not start a holy war now.

RoyceTTU
08-12-2011, 03:15 PM
http://info.sos.state.tx.us/pls/pub/pubomquery$omquery.queryview?P_OM_ID=136885&Z_CHK=33600

A&M has moved their meeting from the 22nd to the 15th. Exactly one day before state legestlature meets

Phil C
08-12-2011, 03:17 PM
http://info.sos.state.tx.us/pls/pub/pubomquery$omquery.queryview?P_OM_ID=136885&Z_CHK=33600

A&M has moved their meeting from the 22nd to the 15th. Exactly one day before state legestlature meets

Hurry Aggies!! :)

eagles_victory
08-12-2011, 03:35 PM
Rumor is there was an SEC chant when the president spoke at graduation. Only Aggies

RoyceTTU
08-12-2011, 03:52 PM
Rumor is there was an SEC chant when the president spoke at graduation. Only Aggies

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/CustersDoctor/lot-o-avatars/f3337413ae5b07db61752a1e64d6bb2e.gif?t=1313182325

Someone posted this on another board about this, I died laughing

eagles_victory
08-12-2011, 04:21 PM
On the Texas side the debate on rather or not they should still play A&M starts.

Saggy Aggie
08-12-2011, 04:59 PM
On the Texas side the debate on rather or not they should still play A&M starts. If they don't, oh well.

Old Tiger
08-12-2011, 05:44 PM
I say Texas shouldn't schedule them. Why give a&m a marquee game in the state of Texas.

NastySlot
08-12-2011, 06:06 PM
I say Texas shouldn't schedule them. Why give a&m a marquee game in the state of Texas.

ok good that settles ......no game.

NastySlot
08-12-2011, 06:07 PM

My son texted me he heard that also.

Rabid Cougar
08-12-2011, 06:27 PM

Every SEC Home game will be a marguee game. And freaking don't go to Jerries World with any of them.

1st and goal
08-12-2011, 07:18 PM

sour grapes.:stirpot:

OldBison75
08-12-2011, 07:19 PM
I have a daughter that goes to A & M and I have grown up around the Aggie traditions. In this battle, I have reached the point where I hope they announce that they will move next year. I believe that the fact that they have chosen to make an announcement one day before the Legislature meets indicates they have a fear that lawmakers will make it difficult for them to move. Well, my bet is that if they announce before consulting with the entire legislature, the funds from the public university fund will be used to punish them. Plus, there have been constant attempts by Aggie alumni and students to revive the bonfire tradition, which immediately becomes a moot issue if they leave. I would bet that if they leave, Texas will no longer play the annual game and the theme of the bonfire is no longer valid. Plus, millions of Aggie shirts, bumper stickers, and every other marketing tool will immediately become obsolete since almost all of them are about the rivalry with Texas. Texas high school recruits that now can play at least 3 or more in-state conference road games at A & M, where travel to the game by family and friends is not unreasonable, will be playing all conference road games out-of-state. I think everyone is underestimating how this will affect recruiting Texas athletes. I am tired of the "it ain't fair" crap this whole thing has grown into. I think the love to the SEC will hurt the Aggies far more than it hurts Texas or any other current conference team. If they go, I predict that in two years, many of the current supporters of the move will be second guessing and griping about the results. You probably won't be able to find many that will admit to be supporters of the move.

Aesculus gilmus
08-12-2011, 08:05 PM

BYU is with Mormons

Au contraire. Baylor is the LARGEST Southern Baptist university in the WORLD.

Wikipedia adds "most prestigious" to its description and doesn't limit it to "Southern Baptist" either:
"Baylor is the largest and most prestigious Baptist university in the world."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baylor_University

Aesculus gilmus
08-12-2011, 08:32 PM
when were you a youth......late 50's to 60's even so OU has always been the biggest game. Yeah the Aggies haven't been competitive.....they did alright the four years I was there...matter a fact they did ok under RC.....and the massive cheating going on....your old enough to know that it was done by all including your horns.

I was a youth in the 1960s and '70s. Texas-Arkansas was a bigger game in the 1960s because OU was down a little and Arkansas was regularly in the Top 10. The 1969 SWC title game between Texas and Arkansas in Fayetteville also basically decided the national championship.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1969_Texas_vs._Arkansas_football_game

Texas was also down in the mid-1960s with three straight 6-4 regular seasons before the Wishbone was installed, James Street named starting QB and the 30-game win streak began. I don't recall Texas ever being seriously sanctioned by the NCAA during the 1980s and its record during that era reflects it probably WASN'T cheating, especially in comparison to SMU and A&M.

NastySlot
08-12-2011, 09:19 PM
I was a youth in the 1960s and '70s. Texas-Arkansas was a bigger game in the 1960s because OU was down a little and Arkansas was regularly in the Top 10. The 1969 SWC title game between Texas and Arkansas in Fayetteville also basically decided the national championship.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1969_Texas_vs._Arkansas_football_game

Texas was also down in the mid-1960s with three straight 6-4 regular seasons before the Wishbone was installed, James Street named starting QB and the 30-game win streak began. I don't recall Texas ever being seriously sanctioned by the NCAA during the 1980s and its record during that era reflects it probably WASN'T cheating, especially in comparison to SMU and A&M.

I just read an article on another site...which quoted several former horn players saying they received extra benefits and money.....and I thought at one time during the 80's every swc school had had some type of sanctions( some more severe...except Rice.

Read good book Horns Hogs and Nixion is Coming and I once saw a replay of the 69 game on a public broadcasting station in Austin...some game huh....I was three. I have spoken to a few Horn Alum here in town that went to game....they told me they had a hard time getting gas at service stations after the game because of the Horn win....they said it showered whiskey bottles for a while also.

oldtownag
08-12-2011, 09:38 PM
You horns are delusional! The Aggies will be fine in the SEC. Seems that you are the only ones that are worried about us not making it.

I applaud the A&M administration for not setting back and hoping everything works out. We are controlling our own destiny and that is much better than sitting back and doing what the horns think is right.

P.S. Carthage is going to kick the crap out of Gilmer again this year!:stirpot:

OldBison75
08-12-2011, 10:11 PM
I really don't care what the Aggies do at this point. The Aggies will be competitive, but not top tier in about any conference they choose most years. Let 'em go! Then they can change that damned "Saw Varsity's Horns Off" to "Don't Let the Tide Wash Us Away".

oldtownag
08-12-2011, 10:22 PM
I have a daughter that goes to A & M and I have grown up around the Aggie traditions. In this battle, I have reached the point where I hope they announce that they will move next year. I believe that the fact that they have chosen to make an announcement one day before the Legislature meets indicates they have a fear that lawmakers will make it difficult for them to move. Well, my bet is that if they announce before consulting with the entire legislature, the funds from the public university fund will be used to punish them. Plus, there have been constant attempts by Aggie alumni and students to revive the bonfire tradition, which immediately becomes a moot issue if they leave. I would bet that if they leave, Texas will no longer play the annual game and the theme of the bonfire is no longer valid. Plus, millions of Aggie shirts, bumper stickers, and every other marketing tool will immediately become obsolete since almost all of them are about the rivalry with Texas. Texas high school recruits that now can play at least 3 or more in-state conference road games at A & M, where travel to the game by family and friends is not unreasonable, will be playing all conference road games out-of-state. I think everyone is underestimating how this will affect recruiting Texas athletes. I am tired of the "it ain't fair" crap this whole thing has grown into. I think the love to the SEC will hurt the Aggies far more than it hurts Texas or any other current conference team. If they go, I predict that in two years, many of the current supporters of the move will be second guessing and griping about the results. You probably won't be able to find many that will admit to be supporters of the move.

Above is a whole novel on you not caring!

OldBison75
08-12-2011, 10:41 PM
I will always pay attention to the Aggies since my daughter goes there I grew up around the Aggie nation. However, I reserve the right to disagree with some things they do or don't do. I simply pointed to some areas that are mundane in the big picture, but have an effect on the entire situation of a change. Like an old boss used to say, "I am all for a person trying to find something better for them. I only try to make them look at the big picture and not just what has them looking today. Things are not always greener on the other side of the hill."

Z-RO
08-13-2011, 12:58 AM
1st off they can leave, after all this is just their way of throwing a fit over the LHN. They are worried about not getting their way again so they moved up the meeting. I read where one of the Aggie mods said something to the affect of "the SEC already said they would give them Thanksgiving to play Texas if Texas doesn't back down". Are these people THAT delusional? Who is the one jumping ship again? The fact of the matter aTm has a problem being in big brothers shadow and they feel this is their way of getting out of it. Yes they will get out of it....and quickly become the next Mississippi St. If I am running the show no way in hell I am playing the Aggies again, after all this is what they wanted. However, if they want to play Texas so badly I would make them do so on the LHN. Texas A&M believes this is going to help them in regards to recruiting, but have yall seen what most recruits have said thus far? THEY DONT CARE, becoming the SEC's new doormat is only going to hurt them in the long run, have fun coming up with a new fight song. Oh and just like the Texas Fight Song says "Texas fight, Texas fight, AND ITS GOOD BYE TO A&M!!!!

eagles_victory
08-13-2011, 01:19 AM
sour grapes.:stirpot:Isn't that why A&M is leaving? Crying foul over the LHN?

Emerson1
08-13-2011, 06:07 AM
Au contraire. Baylor is the LARGEST Southern Baptist university in the WORLD.

Wikipedia adds "most prestigious" to its description and doesn't limit it to "Southern Baptist" either:
"Baylor is the largest and most prestigious Baptist university in the world."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baylor_University

Really?

REALLY?

trojandad
08-13-2011, 06:55 AM

i know this will sound like a fuss, but im curious, if baylor isnt the "flagship school" for the baptists, who would be? ive been thinking and thinking trying to come up with even a decent #2 baptist school.....who am i missing?

bwdlionfan
08-13-2011, 09:39 AM
i know this will sound like a fuss, but im curious, if baylor isnt the "flagship school" for the baptists, who would be? ive been thinking and thinking trying to come up with even a decent #2 baptist school.....who am i missing?

Ummm, Dallas Baptist? I can't think of any either other than small ones... DBU, Ouachita Baptist in Arkansas, Howard Payne in Brownwood, I think Hardin Simmons in Abilene and Mary Hardin Baylor may be?

coach
08-13-2011, 10:14 AM
I really don't care what the Aggies do at this point. The Aggies will be competitive, but not top tier in about any conference they choose most years. Let 'em go! Then they can change that damned "Saw Varsity's Horns Off" to "Don't Let the Tide Wash Us Away".

I love how ppl bash atm for saying saw the varsity horns off when everytime you ask a tea sipper what time it is the say 3:00 and OU still sucks lol so tyipcal of texas fans

Old Tiger
08-13-2011, 11:14 AM
sour grapes.:stirpot:Sour grapes? I think it is strategic and Texas is still making bank.

coach
08-13-2011, 11:59 AM
Sour grapes? I think it is strategic and Texas is still making bank.

why do you care what atm does? if texas is as great as ppl say it is then texas should survive fine without atm in the same conference. Texas can have their own network to better their program but atm cant move conferences to better theirs....typical.

Also, for those of you who think Texas won't play at if they go independent is ignorant. Texas will HAVE to play ATM just to get a full sched. They will need to find as many games as possible inorder to fill their sched. Texas will play Rice, Notre Dame, BYU, then who? You can add ATM bc the sec has said that atm can play that game. PPL will say well if notre dame can do then so can texas....well ND has played usc, michigan, MSU, army and Navy for years and years. Texas will also play OU...so it will be intresting to see what texas does.

Has anyone heard what OU will do now?

1st and goal
08-13-2011, 12:06 PM
Sour grapes? I think it is strategic and Texas is still making bank.

Well, at least the Texas Relays will be exciting to watch this year.:stirpot: So, will the LHN only air on cable in Austin, Houston and DFW areas?

I really don't care which road the Aggies take. I can see the pros and cons of each path. This all got started years back when Texas wanted the lions share of the pie, they are the one's that threatened to leave the conference 1st, not caring about what happens in their wake. So now they can sit back with their network and money and play whats left of the Little 9 league if aTm leaves. If Oklahoma leaves, it will just hand Texas the conference trophies on the way out. I really feel sorry for the remaining teams that are caught up in the turbulent wake of the bigger money teams.

Why is it the harshest posts come from ut fans? Phil C just wants aTm gone so they won't have to play them.

Pendragon13
08-13-2011, 12:49 PM
Looks like it's a done deal now..

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/Texas-AM-leaving-Big-12-conference-to-join-SEC-081311

bigcountry
08-13-2011, 12:54 PM
Well, at least the Texas Relays will be exciting to watch this year.:stirpot: So, will the LHN only air on cable in Austin, Houston and DFW areas?

I really don't care which road the Aggies take. I can see the pros and cons of each path. This all got started years back when Texas wanted the lions share of the pie, they are the one's that threatened to leave the conference 1st, not caring about what happens in their wake. So now they can sit back with their network and money and play whats left of the Little 9 league if aTm leaves. If Oklahoma leaves, it will just hand Texas the conference trophies on the way out. I really feel sorry for the remaining teams that are caught up in the turbulent wake of the bigger money teams.

Why is it the harshest posts come from ut fans? Phil C just wants aTm gone so they won't have to play them.

HaHaHa....funny, EMOTIONAL post buddy..Horns have never "backed off" of playing anyone, especially aTm. This record speaks for itself (facts are facts):
All time Big 12 records: Texas 1st, Aggie 6th
Records North and South Combined Win Loss
Texas 90 30
Oklahoma 86 34
Nebraska 81 39
Kansas State 70 50
Texas Tech 69 51
Texas A&M 61 59
Colorado 60 60
Missouri 58 62
Okl. State 55 65
Kansas 36 84
Iowa State 34 86
Baylor 18 102

6th place in a 12 team conference is, by definition, mediocrity.
Last bowl win - 2001 Galleryfurniture.com Bowl
Last major bowl win - 1987 Cotton Bowl

Again, the Big 12 has not been good for them. I don't blame them for leaving.

eagles_victory
08-13-2011, 01:07 PM
Backing out on a commitment. If you show no loyalty to your conference why should they show any loyalty to you. I get A&M has to do whats best for them, but they're the ones leaving the other schools high and dry how could anyone blame Tech Baylor or Texas for not wanting anything to do with them.

1st and goal
08-13-2011, 01:14 PM
Backing out on a commitment. If you show no loyalty to your conference why should they show any loyalty to you. I get A&M has to do whats best for them, but they're the ones leaving the other schools high and dry how could anyone blame Tech Baylor or Texas for not wanting anything to do with them.

You seem to forget that Texas was the 1 threatening to leave their "commitment" last year.

eagles_victory
08-13-2011, 01:18 PM
Not after one year. Nebraska and Colorado were leaving so Texas to looked for greener pastors and included OU,Tech,A&M,OSU in their Pac-16 movement. A&M committed to the 10 team format and didn't join the SEC only a year later to bolt and do the same thing. A&M by all means has to do what is best for them I just find it a little shady. I would be ripping Texas for backing out also if the situation was flipped. I can see being excited about the movement as an Aggie fan by all means, because I would be excited in a flipped situation; however I'd also feel like it wasn't the most honest and loyal move on the universities behalf.

eagles_victory
08-13-2011, 01:20 PM
Sour grapes? I think it is strategic and Texas is still making bank. Dont listen to this guy. Here is the definition of sour grapes.

I'm going to try to stay on the high road and figure that his knee was never back to 100%. I watched pretty much his entire high school career and I can honestly say I can't remember a time he was ever caught from behind. He had that kind of speed combined with field vision and tenacity. He wasn't the biggest guy and I don't know how good his receiving talent was but he was a force once the ball was in his hands. If he had good hands, IMO, he could have been a Welker type receiver.

After watching some of t.u.'s disastrous season last year, I think there were times when Mack could've tried a ground pounding triple option run with him. At least a couple times each quarter. Give the O.L. a chance to go out and hit someone. Couldn't have done much worse.

I wish Brock the best. I also wish I could have seen him play in D1. I'm hoping that it was his knee, and not Mack, that kept him on the bench. After seeing the practice footage previously mentioned, I can only think it was the coaches that kept him off the field. I guess only Brock and his closest peeps truly know.

bigcountry
08-13-2011, 01:37 PM
You seem to forget that Texas was the 1 threatening to leave their "commitment" last year.

Poor aggies are ALWAYS the victim to their big brother. Let's get some things straight here:

Here are some favorites of mine and I love A&M playing the victim card and acting like they stand for equality in a conference:

* A&M voted with Texas on just about every item ever voted on in the BigXII

* Before the LHN came along, Texas NEVER got a single benefit from the BigXII or other schools that A&M did not also get.

* A&M voted for unequal revenue.

* A&M received a higher than average % of tv revenue every year they were in the BigXII, not just this year. Always have benefited from unequal revenue since the very first year.

*Texas approached A&M about some sort of network several years ago. At the time neither one knew how big it could be and both thought the schools themselves would have to pay up front money. A&M Ath Dept was in a serious financial bind and didn't think there would be much revenue so they declined.

*Initially, A&M agreed and made a 10 year commitment to the BigXII last summer in exchange for a guaranteed $20mil/year payout from the conference. Beebe agreed that the conference would come up with the money to pay from a combination of NU/CU buyout money and increased tv contract revenue. Texas and OU agreed to forego their usual unequal revenue split of the buyout fee to allow A&M to have a greater share...as well as the other schools.

* With the new $1.2 bil Fox contract for the conference 2nd tier tv rights (already signed) A&M is now assured of getting at least the promised $20mil every year.

Come on ags, put your big boy pants on, and quit acting like your so innocent and deprived! Give us a break! Admit you just want to get out of the shadow of UT, & start fresh in the SEC, where I think you are going to find out the pastures are not green, in one of the sleaziest conferences in the nation... where illegal recruiting is the norm. Now that I think about it, that IS a good place for you guys, as that has been the norm for your past (Jackie Sherrill & HUD money ring a bell?).

1st and goal
08-13-2011, 01:49 PM
I am not excited about the move. I'm old school, I like the rivalries.

I just hate reading essentially "Bye and good riddance" from horns fans. Just 'cuz I typed "t.u." you gotta throw hate my way???

Gonna be a long wait until Thanksgiving. EV, you want to make a side bet?

eagles_victory
08-13-2011, 01:58 PM
I am not excited about the move. I'm old school, I like the rivalries.

I just hate reading essentially "Bye and good riddance" from horns fans. Just 'cuz I typed "t.u." you gotta throw hate my way???

Gonna be a long wait until Thanksgiving. EV, you want to make a side bet? No im throwing hate your way because you said Texas should run the triple option with Fitzhenry just because it worked in 3a highschool football. OU,OSU, and Nebraska aren't Lagrange and Smithville. Plus calling Mack out for doing what every other school in the nation does and trying to make him sound like a bad guy.

TheDOCTORdre
08-13-2011, 02:03 PM
You know what they say, "If you can't beat them, join a conference that you still can't beat" or something like that:stirpot:

1st and goal
08-13-2011, 02:11 PM
No im throwing hate your way because you said Texas should run the triple option with Fitzhenry just because it worked in 3a highschool football. OU,OSU, and Nebraska aren't Lagrange and Smithville. Plus calling Mack out for doing what every other school in the nation does and trying to make him sound like a bad guy.

Texas couldn't have done much worse. It'll get real interesting if the horns have another disastrous season.
OTOH, I hear the horn's players are liking David Ash. Is this true?

trojandad
08-13-2011, 02:22 PM
if i were a texas backer id wish a&m well without the animosity thats apparent to everyone except those posting it....im glad texas has their network, im glad a&m is gonna get their conference of choice.....anything else is not understandable, and nobody thats throwing rocks at the other under the heading of "im not throwing rocks" is obviously doing so under a different heading than "ut got a network" or "aggies got a new conference"....

im old school too, and enjoy the rivalries, but all that was broken when the 4 s/w conference schools went to the big 12....a&m swapping now is just a furthering of those moves IMO....those of us not involved in this bad blood are sure having a laugh at anyone not just wishing the other the best under the guise of "intellectualizing" this move....

i, for one, couldnt be happier both schools got what they worked for....

NastySlot
08-13-2011, 02:37 PM
if i were a texas backer id wish a&m well without the animosity thats apparent to everyone except those posting it....im glad texas has their network, im glad a&m is gonna get their conference of choice.....anything else is not understandable, and nobody thats throwing rocks at the other under the heading of "im not throwing rocks" is obviously doing so under a different heading than "ut got a network" or "aggies got a new conference"....

im old school too, and enjoy the rivalries, but all that was broken when the 4 s/w conference schools went to the big 12....a&m swapping now is just a furthering of those moves IMO....those of us not involved in this bad blood are sure having a laugh at anyone not just wishing the other the best under the guise of "intellectualizing" this move....

i, for one, couldnt be happier both schools got what they worked for....

Good post I have wonder too lately what the heck the horn fans or any others care what the Aggies do. I have also wondered why couldn't our state support schools in different conferences.........Florida did it for a while until the U and FSU joined the ACC.

If the Ag's leave...which I still won't believe until I see it...........the horns will be just fine and the big xii-2 will survive a little longer or at least until according to most BYU and Notre Dame come to save the day.......as for OU they will be fine...they just like sticking it the horns once a year and when they don't giving them at least one week to worry about losing.

bigcountry
08-13-2011, 03:11 PM
Good post I have wonder too lately what the heck the horn fans or any others care what the Aggies do. I have also wondered why couldn't our state support schools in different conferences.........Florida did it for a while until the U and FSU joined the ACC.

If the Ag's leave...which I still won't believe until I see it...........the horns will be just fine and the big xii-2 will survive a little longer or at least until according to most BYU and Notre Dame come to save the day.......as for OU they will be fine...they just like sticking it the horns once a year and when they don't giving them at least one week to worry about losing.

Well, UT has had the enjoyment of STICKING IT to the sooners more since their rivalry started: UT all time record, 59-41-5 against OU including wins in
'05, '06, '08, & '09. Get your story straight, not exactly "sticking it to the horns once a year" huh? I think it may be in reverse, since it has happened against them more, this "worry about losing" you mention. And by the way, you can DITTO that with the UT-A&M rivalry....more wins, more conference championships, and more national championships when it comes to UT-A&M comparisons. Ags always want to talk about their "1 year" magical seasons (if you call last year magical for them), instead of comparing the CONSISTENCY of the two programs in comparison. It is almost comical. Instead of constantly making comments about "teams sticking it to UT", get real & state the facts. Look at the consistency through the years, and you will see why UT has gotten the ESPN deal, and why they are the #1 marketed school based on sales in the nation. They are successful, live with it. Otherwise, your jealousy shines through badly.

NastySlot
08-13-2011, 03:31 PM
Well, UT has had the enjoyment of STICKING IT to the sooners more since their rivalry started: UT all time record, 59-41-5 against OU including wins in
'05, '06, '08, & '09. Get your story straight, not exactly "sticking it to the horns once a year" huh? I think it may be in reverse, since it has happened against them more, this "worry about losing" you mention. And by the way, you can DITTO that with the UT-A&M rivalry....more wins, more conference championships, and more national championships when it comes to UT-A&M comparisons. Ags always want to talk about their "1 year" magical seasons (if you call last year magical for them), instead of comparing the CONSISTENCY of the two programs in comparison. It is almost comical. Instead of constantly making comments about "teams sticking it to UT", get real & state the facts. Look at the consistency through the years, and you will see why UT has gotten the ESPN deal, and why they are the #1 marketed school based on sales in the nation. They are successful, live with it. Otherwise, your jealousy shines through badly.

oh hit a little nerve.......sure the horns have all time record hell I think they do with almost everyone they have played....except maybe byu and k-state...........you want talk consistancy lets stick with ou....you have the series...but you like to throw out conference titles, national titles lets even throw Heisman winners.......heck i would even venture to say after touring facilities in Austin and Norman...OU's are just as good or better....and probably done with less money.

texas is a marketable program sure cause they win(against the big xii and those medicore aggies)....and because of guys like you spending any dime you can on burnt orange gear and toys.....sure we could trade post back and forth all day.....but I see the overall A&M-Texas series for what it is ....the Aggies trying to play catch up ....now I could make several excuses about how the record and programs were built when you know that all was not equal from the beginning, and I can throw out whats the series record like in my life time or even break it down to the four years I was at Aggieland..........but you'll spin it to your favor and I guess I could spin it to mine....and then we'll call each other names....and you know what...your still going feel good about yourself because of you association to the team in burnt orange...and me i'll be ok.................facts straight....I could probably tell you $#!+ smells like cologne and bottle it in a burnt orange bottle and you'd buy it.....but if it were in crimson or maroon you'd say it smells like $#!+.

just wondering what the heck do you care what the aggies do? They're medicore...let them leave.

NastySlot
08-13-2011, 03:34 PM
Look at the consistency through the years, and you will see why UT has gotten the ESPN deal, and why they are the #1 marketed school based on sales in the nation. They are successful, live with it. Otherwise, your jealousy shines through badly.

must of slept through the late 80's early 90's........you probably weren't born yet.

Txbroadcaster
08-13-2011, 03:40 PM
I as a UT fan dont fault A&M for the move..I fault them because I dont think the reasons are giving are the true reasons...I also as a fan of Texas College football in general just think it is a mistake to make a move to the SEC..as I said earlier in this thread..The move itself adds nothing to the status of A&M football..that only happens if they win big. To many fans of A&M think the moves instantly makes them a higher profile team

bigcountry
08-13-2011, 03:43 PM
[QUOTE=NastySlot;1598612]oh hit a little nerve.......sure the horns have all time record hell I think they do with almost everyone they have played....except maybe byu and k-state...........you want talk consistancy lets stick with ou....you have the series...but you like to throw out conference titles, national titles lets even throw Heisman winners.......heck i would even venture to say after touring facilities in Austin and Norman...OU's are just as good or better....and probably done with less money.

texas is a marketable program sure cause they win(against the big xii and those medicore aggies)....and because of guys like you spending any dime you can on burnt orange gear and toys.....sure we could trade post back and forth all day.....but I see the overall A&M-Texas series for what it is ....the Aggies trying to play catch up ....now I could make several excuses about how the record and programs were built when you know that all was not equal from the beginning, and I can throw out whats the series record like in my life time or even break it down to the four years I was at Aggieland..........but you'll spin it to your favor and I guess I could spin it to mine....and then we'll call each other names....and you know what...your still going feel good about yourself because of you association to the team in burnt orange...and me i'll be ok.................facts straight....I could probably tell you $#!+ smells like cologne and bottle in a burnt orange bottle and you buy it.....but if it were in crimson or maroon you say smells like $#!+.

just wondering what the heck do you care what the aggies do? They're medicore...let them leave.[/QUO
Just replying to your inaccurate information about OU "sticking it" to UT once a year. Aggie "generalizations" are what you are all about, instead of stating the facts. Facts hurt, because they are reality. Spewing misinformation is how SOME aggies get comfort from that reality I guess.

NastySlot
08-13-2011, 03:48 PM
I as a UT fan dont fault A&M for the move..I fault them because I dont think the reasons are giving are the true reasons...I also as a fan of Texas College football in general just think it is a mistake to make a move to the SEC..as I said earlier in this thread..The move itself adds nothing to the status of A&M football..that only happens if they win big. To many fans of A&M think the moves instantly makes them a higher profile team

for a Horn fan.....I really appreciate many your post. I have posted I will live with the decision the Aggies make. I would like for the ag's, horns and tech to all stay together somewhere. I love and college football (don't really even follow pro ball)...regardless of the schools play (horns included) but I am afraid stay or go- big xii or no big xii things won't be the same.

NastySlot
08-13-2011, 03:51 PM
[QUOTE=NastySlot;1598612]oh hit a little nerve.......sure the horns have all time record hell I think they do with almost everyone they have played....except maybe byu and k-state...........you want talk consistancy lets stick with ou....you have the series...but you like to throw out conference titles, national titles lets even throw Heisman winners.......heck i would even venture to say after touring facilities in Austin and Norman...OU's are just as good or better....and probably done with less money.

texas is a marketable program sure cause they win(against the big xii and those medicore aggies)....and because of guys like you spending any dime you can on burnt orange gear and toys.....sure we could trade post back and forth all day.....but I see the overall A&M-Texas series for what it is ....the Aggies trying to play catch up ....now I could make several excuses about how the record and programs were built when you know that all was not equal from the beginning, and I can throw out whats the series record like in my life time or even break it down to the four years I was at Aggieland..........but you'll spin it to your favor and I guess I could spin it to mine....and then we'll call each other names....and you know what...your still going feel good about yourself because of you association to the team in burnt orange...and me i'll be ok.................facts straight....I could probably tell you $#!+ smells like cologne and bottle in a burnt orange bottle and you buy it.....but if it were in crimson or maroon you say smells like $#!+.

just wondering what the heck do you care what the aggies do? They're medicore...let them leave.[/QUO
Just replying to your inaccurate information about OU "sticking it" to UT once a year. Aggie "generalizations" are what you are all about, instead of stating the facts. Facts hurt, because they are reality. Spewing misinformation is how SOME aggies get comfort from that reality I guess.

I guess if you say so? And I guess I could reply with something about how some horn fans get their comfort........but I'll let it go.

Txbroadcaster
08-13-2011, 03:52 PM
for a Horn fan.....I really appreciate many your post. I have posted I will live with the decision the Aggies make. I would like for the ag's, horns and tech to all stay together somewhere. I love and college football (don't really even follow pro ball)...regardless of the schools play (horns included) but I am afraid stay or go- big xii or no big xii things won't be the same.

honestly they have not been the same since the SWC broke up( for good and bad)...Nebraska never liked the conference..mainly because partial qualifiers were thrown out...they also felt on the football side it was geared to Texas,OU and A&M..but on the basketball side it has always been geared more for Kansas( hence why Kansas as a whole never complained lol)...IMO the attitude of NU is what has really destroyed what was a darn good all around sports conference..yet they made it seem like poor little NU was bullied by UT and had to go

bigcountry
08-13-2011, 03:55 PM
must of slept through the late 80's early 90's........you probably weren't born yet.

Oh, you talking about those years with the *asterisk by them, when cheating was the name of the game in aggieland? Why do you think Jackie Sherrill was no more? HUD money, paying players...best means A&M had to catch up in recruiting. Once, caught...the norm returned, with ags winning conference championships once in a blue moon. Ags have what they consider a good year in '10 and out comes the cockiness, and chest pumping. Even in that year, no conference title & NO bowl win. Geez, how happy you guys would be to have won a title in the past 10 years like us in '05, or even a conference title like us as recently as '09. When was your last? Don't worry, you have women's basketball to fall back on. You know the new saying: "Texas A&M, where the women are champions, & the men are cheerleaders"!

NastySlot
08-13-2011, 03:55 PM
honestly they have not been the same since the SWC broke up( for good and bad)...Nebraska never liked the conference..mainly because partial qualifiers were thrown out...they also felt on the football side it was geared to Texas,OU and A&M..but on the basketball side it has always been geared more for Kansas( hence why Kansas as a whole never complained lol)...IMO the attitude of NU is what has really destroyed what was a darn good all around sports conference..yet they made it seem like poor little NU was bullied by UT and had to go

again I agree....taking football out...the big xii was as good as any other in all sports. Expansion would of been a good thing a few years ago.

NastySlot
08-13-2011, 04:08 PM
Oh, you talking about those years with the *asterisk by them, when cheating was the name of the game in aggieland? Why do you think Jackie Sherrill was no more? HUD money, paying players...best means A&M had to catch up in recruiting. Once, caught...the norm returned, with ags winning conference championships once in a blue moon. Ags have what they consider a good year in '10 and out comes the cockiness, and chest pumping. Even in that year, no conference title & NO bowl win. Geez, how happy you guys would be to have won a title in the past 10 years like us in '05, or even a conference title like us as recently as '09. When was your last? Don't worry, you have women's basketball to fall back on. You know the new saying: "Texas A&M, where the women are champions, & the men are cheerleaders"!

look again i'm going go ahead assume you weren't even alive in 80's............but news flash.........the Horns paid players also. And I guess chest bumping and cockiness is reserved for the horns....cause they have great years in and out against medicore comp---right? Hey if you want I can tell you a little about horn football and athletic history....from before you were born? I sat through those texas/ou games and cotton bowls...watched those games that I couldn't make on tv with family members........heck you probably couldn't even tell me who the head coach for the horns was during E. Campbell's senior season.......you do know who E. Campbell is or is he way before you time....hint he is also the sausage guy you re probably thinking he is......so maybe I am wasting my time here.....you know what know about the horn probably from reading the statesman and any other mag you can get your hands on.

I gotta go break a video down...maybe we can play later.....gig em' o sorry hook em.

bigcountry
08-13-2011, 04:20 PM
look again i'm going go ahead assume you weren't even alive in 80's............but news flash.........the Horns paid players also. And I guess chest bumping and cockiness is reserved for the horns....cause they have great years in and out against medicore comp---right? Hey if you want I can tell you a little about horn football and athletic history....from before you were born? I sat through those texas/ou games and cotton bowls...watched those games that I couldn't make on tv with family members........heck you probably couldn't even tell me who the head coach for the horns was during E. Campbell's senior season.......you do know who E. Campbell is or is he way before you time....hint he is also the sausage guy you re probably thinking he is......so maybe I am wasting my time here.....you know what know about the horn probably from reading the statesman and any other mag you can get your hands on.

I gotta go break a video down...maybe we can play later.....gig em' o sorry hook em.

Wow, just a bunch of words......I think it is this back & forth blab that I am going to really NOT miss when you guys scoot over to the SEC. A little more peace of mind.

Txbroadcaster
08-13-2011, 04:41 PM
again I agree....taking football out...the big xii was as good as any other in all sports. Expansion would of been a good thing a few years ago.

dont even have to take football out..look at the NAt titles and nat title apperances..people forget two years ago Big 12 had 4 teams in top 10 at one point in season..just sad it fell apart and so quick

Phil C
08-13-2011, 07:29 PM

I know. In fact I know who the HC coach was before DKR. :)

NastySlot
08-13-2011, 08:34 PM
I know. In fact I know who the HC coach was before DKR. :)

you got me...guess i could google it...but i forget if it was B. Cherry or Ed. Price.........but i know it wasn't Dana Bible....right?

at least i know some....bet half the horn fans on here couldn't name the two mac's that came before the Big Mack.

Phil C
08-13-2011, 08:47 PM
you got me...guess i could google it...but i forget if it was B. Cherry or Ed. Price.........but i know it wasn't Dana Bible....right?

at least i know some....bet half the horn fans on here couldn't name the two mac's that came before the Big Mack.

You did great. The Coach before DKR was Coach Price. And Coach Cherry was before Coach Price and Coach Bible was before Coach Cherry.

NastySlot
08-13-2011, 08:53 PM
You did great. The Coach before DKR was Coach Price. And Coach Cherry was before Coach Price and Coach Bible was before Coach Cherry.

Thanks....."I like to keep my friends close and my Enemies closer". No just joking.....I grew up a huge horn fan.....than I guess I got wise.

eagles_victory
08-13-2011, 09:19 PM
Texas couldn't have done much worse. It'll get real interesting if the horns have another disastrous season.
OTOH, I hear the horn's players are liking David Ash. Is this true? Took snaps with 1st team at a scrimmage tonight. I would still guess it is Gilberts to lose.

eagles_victory
08-13-2011, 09:32 PM
Honestly what are A&Ms reasons for making the move to the SEC? What reasons is the university given I haven't really heard.

trojandad
08-13-2011, 09:37 PM
Honestly what are A&Ms reasons for making the move to the SEC? What reasons is the university given I haven't really heard.

do they need a reason any more than ut does for starting a network? why are we the "reason police"? everybody will live without our approval, or the desperateness that comes out when sounding like someone needs our blessing....i hated it years ago when the big 4 went to the big 12, but it worked out ok, not great, but ok.....this will work out, one way or the other, good or bad....

eagles_victory
08-13-2011, 09:46 PM
do they need a reason any more than ut does for starting a network? why are we the "reason police"? everybody will live without our approval, or the desperateness that comes out when sounding like someone needs our blessing....i hated it years ago when the big 4 went to the big 12, but it worked out ok, not great, but ok.....this will work out, one way or the other, good or bad.... Um Yea. Decisions need reasons and rationale behind them. Doing things just "for the hell of it" usually isn't acceptable for universities when so much is hanging in the balance.

NastySlot
08-13-2011, 10:04 PM
Um Yea. Decisions need reasons and rationale behind them. Doing things just "for the hell of it" usually isn't acceptable for universities when so much is hanging in the balance.

doesn't matter....I don't think it will happen.....been saying I will believe it when I see it...........state legislature and committees can't balance a budget but can keep a dying conference together.......and do we really know if the University Adminstrations of the SEC schools want to expand?

I just don't think it will happen...but what would be so bad about it if it did happen?....Texas and the Aggies don't play anymore?.....well we're mediocre, well never catch up in the series, were not even really a big rival ou is right...that s what I read.

trojandad
08-13-2011, 10:04 PM
ummmm you didnt hear, they all have their reasons, they just dont have any need to report them to the likes of you or me....the world will spin just fine, and has every day, without our blessings.....

NastySlot
08-13-2011, 10:08 PM
WOW page 14 and it hasn't been closed yet...............I can remember way back to page 1......we could of just left at "well bye"

eagles_victory
08-13-2011, 10:19 PM
ummmm you didnt hear, they all have their reasons, they just dont have any need to report them to the likes of you or me....the world will spin just fine, and has every day, without our blessings..... I just asked a question. Be more of a pompous prick?

eagles_victory
08-13-2011, 10:20 PM
doesn't matter....I don't think it will happen.....been saying I will believe it when I see it...........state legislature and committees can't balance a budget but can keep a dying conference together.......and do we really know if the University Adminstrations of the SEC schools want to expand?

I just don't think it will happen...but what would be so bad about it if it did happen?....Texas and the Aggies don't play anymore?.....well we're mediocre, well never catch up in the series, were not even really a big rival ou is right...that s what I read. It really won't bother me I just want to know A&Ms reasons for bolting while under contract. Apparently I was way in the wrong for asking that question?

trojandad
08-13-2011, 10:35 PM
It really won't bother me I just want to know A&Ms reasons for bolting while under contract. Apparently I was way in the wrong for asking that question?

pompous is a great word for it....theres nothing "wrong" in asking a question, but the best answers to those questions have been gone over in 14 pages of this crap.....you just sounded extremely pompous that a major university needed to run things by you in specifics....backers from each place have expressed the best reasons that backers not on the board of regents for either school can do....

but name calling is usually a pretty good sign of when youve run out of rationale responses....any chance your just angry? that was a rhetorical question, we all know the answer to that, save maybe one of us....

mwynn05
08-13-2011, 10:51 PM
pompous is a great word for it....theres nothing "wrong" in asking a question, but the best answers to those questions have been gone over in 14 pages of this crap.....you just sounded extremely pompous that a major university needed to run things by you in specifics....backers from each place have expressed the best reasons that backers not on the board of regents for either school can do....

but name calling is usually a pretty good sign of when youve run out of rationale responses....any chance your just angry? that was a rhetorical question, we all know the answer to that, save maybe one of us.... lol you OBVIOUSLY dont know him

trojandad
08-13-2011, 10:57 PM
lol you OBVIOUSLY dont know him

nor he i......

eagles_victory
08-13-2011, 11:25 PM

but name calling is usually a pretty good sign of when youve run out of rationale responses....any chance your just angry? that was a rhetorical question, we all know the answer to that, save maybe one of us.... I wasn't trying to start anything I was just asking if anyone had any reasons behind it. You responded belittling me acting like it was the stupidest thing in the world. You might as well of rubbed my hair and called me sport. Maybe I am a little angry about your inability to use your and you're but other than that I am ok.

How did I ever act like A&M had to expain something to me? I was just wondering. I guess you saw my longhorn picture and thought I was trying to start something? Paint with a broader brush next time.

1st and goal
08-14-2011, 08:58 AM
lol you OBVIOUSLY dont know him

Could you explain him to us please? Other than he is passionate about the longhorns? We are obviously in the dark.

Phil C
08-14-2011, 09:00 AM
Thanks....."I like to keep my friends close and my Enemies closer". No just joking.....I grew up a huge horn fan.....than I guess I got wise.

Of course perhaps on the other hand ----. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlVWArmysic

Old Tiger
08-14-2011, 09:42 AM
Thanks....."I like to keep my friends close and my Enemies closer". No just joking.....I grew up a huge horn fan.....than I guess I got wise.Or senile lol

mwynn05
08-14-2011, 10:13 AM
Could you explain him to us please? Other than he is passionate about the longhorns? We are obviously in the dark. He is def. NOT mad one bit about this... He even tweeted something along the lines of People are saying how bad a&m will be in the SEC when really they will probably do about the same as they did in the big XII and maybe exceed that

LIONS#1
08-14-2011, 12:02 PM
Well ByE!!:cheerl: Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!!:1popcorn: AND TAKE YER DEAD DOG SCOREBORD AND YER GAY COREGIRLYMAN ANTIC'S WITH YA!!

eagles_victory
08-14-2011, 12:51 PM
Could you explain him to us please? Other than he is passionate about the longhorns? We are obviously in the dark. I'm definitely not mad that A&M is going. Mwynn follows me on twitter (you should to) so he knows what I have been saying about this. I don't dislike Texas A&M i do dislike the anti UT attitude the University takes and the Aggies who think they are better than you because they're Aggies (most I know are that way). All I was wondering is if the revenue sharing or what was the actual reason because people have danced around it without really saying.

Also, the only thing that really rubs me the wrong way is that the university was under a 10 year contract with the Big 12 and is trying to leave after 1. Everyone made a commitment to keeping the Big 12 alive and the Aggies are leaving a year later? More of a principal thing to do with anything about sports. I am just a big believer in keep your word and commitments and I feel as if the Ags haven't here that is why I wanted to see if I was missing something that might change my opinion on why they are really leaving.

Old Tiger
08-14-2011, 12:53 PM
I'm definitely not mad that A&M is going. Mwynn follows me on twitter (you should to) so he knows what I have been saying about this. I don't dislike Texas A&M i do dislike the anti UT attitude the University takes and the Aggies who think they are better than you because they're Aggies (most I know are that way). All I was wondering is if the revenue sharing or what was the actual reason because people have danced around it without really saying.

Also, the only thing that really rubs me the wrong way is that the university was under a 10 year contract with the Big 12 and is trying to leave after 1. Everyone made a commitment to keeping the Big 12 alive and the Aggies are leaving a year later? More of a principal thing to do with anything about sports. I am just a big believer in keep your word and commitments and I feel as if the Ags haven't here that is why I wanted to see if I was missing something that might change my opinion on why they are really leaving.Hell they are trying leave before the 1 even starts.

1st and goal
08-14-2011, 02:57 PM
I'm definitely not mad that A&M is going. Mwynn follows me on twitter (you should to) so he knows what I have been saying about this. I don't dislike Texas A&M i do dislike the anti UT attitude the University takes and the Aggies who think they are better than you because they're Aggies (most I know are that way). All I was wondering is if the revenue sharing or what was the actual reason because people have danced around it without really saying.

Also, the only thing that really rubs me the wrong way is that the university was under a 10 year contract with the Big 12 and is trying to leave after 1. Everyone made a commitment to keeping the Big 12 alive and the Aggies are leaving a year later? More of a principal thing to do with anything about sports. I am just a big believer in keep your word and commitments and I feel as if the Ags haven't here that is why I wanted to see if I was missing something that might change my opinion on why they are really leaving.
I don't like that they're breaking the commitment. I don't even know how much it's going to cost them for breaking it. But my best guess (and its only a guess) is, that they want a more equal footing ($$$) and hoping they'll find it in the SEC. They will probably still play Texas, which will give the B12-3 a chance at beating the SEC. The pro's and con's will bear themselves eventually.

NastySlot
08-14-2011, 03:03 PM
Hell they are trying leave before the 1 even starts.

i don't think it will happen...

but I really don't understand why all the concern and criticism. Most don't care what the mediocre Aggies do anyway so why now?....the Horns have their network....have their money....have their 20 star recruits. I think I read somewhere...by Jay Bilias...pretty much said the big xii is dead.....and the aggies are just making sure they have chair when the music stops....something like that.

Horns should rest easy...Mack said the big xii will be fine and Texas will be fine.

lbjacj
08-14-2011, 03:04 PM
SEC just released a statement saying that they are satisfied with the current 12 schools.No action taken involving Texas A&M.

DDBooger
08-14-2011, 03:05 PM
i don't think it will happen...

but I really don't understand why all the concern and criticism. Most don't care what the mediocre Aggies do anyway so why now?....the Horns have their network....have their money....have their 20 star recruits. I think I read somewhere...by Jay Bilias...pretty much said the big xii is dead.....and the aggies are just making sure they have chair when the music stops....something like that.

Horns should rest easy...Mack said the big xii will be fine and Texas will be fine.You're right, the SEC just denied an invite.
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6861385/sec-extend-invitation-texas-leaves-options-open

The Southeastern Conference is not extending an invitation to Texas A&M to become its 13th member, but isn't ruling out adding the Aggies in the future.

University of Florida president Dr. Bernie Machen said the conference's presidents and chancellors met on Sunday and "reaffirmed our satisfaction with the present 12 institutional alignment."

"We recognize, however, that future conditions may make it advantageous to expand the number of institutions in the league," Machen said. "We discussed criteria and process associated with expansion. No action was taken with respect to any institution including Texas A&M."

NastySlot
08-14-2011, 03:06 PM
SEC just released a statement saying that they are satisfied with the current 12 schools.No action taken involving Texas A&M.

so I might be right?

trojandad
08-14-2011, 03:07 PM

then if it bothers you they are breaking their commitment (Lord knows why it would but you say it does), then call them out on it, be upset, then let it go....most of us know that companies (and thats all a&m is, is a giant 501 c3) break their word daily....its the world we live in....tho i dont follow you on twitter or anywhere else, it is a little unusual that something of that nature would bother you this much.....its a very normal occurance in this world.....

i try not to break my commitments, im sure i do on occasion, but i try to live my life not to, but if a&m, ut, my school smu or any other broke theirs, it would be unfortunate then id move on, not dwell and dwell and dwell....athlete after athlete will hold out on fulfilling his contract to his team, yet you dont go on and on as you have about the aggies doing so....so its obviously not just the contract for you....

as an outsider to this, i dont see a&m being responsible to provide you as a ut backer an explanation anymore than they owe me, a smu backer, and explanation....the only people they would owe one to is their own group and, having a wife currently attending here, i can tell you i doubt the powers that be feel obligated to give her an explanation either, but thats just my view of things here....further, you speak of their arrogance out here and as an outsider, i do see arrogance in my wifes daily attendance here and, further, see a lot of arrogance on your part saying they owe you an explanation....from the outside looking in i dont see either side lacking that quality, but thats just my perspective....

its easy to tell this is working you up more than usual, lord knows ive been worked up a time or two out here more than i should have been,, but i dont think its an extreme enough item for you to stoop to silly name calling behind the protection of a computer screen, that isnt your track record out here...

lastly, theres so much word breaking with my wife here at a&m that as much as she likes it here, she may be attending ut for her grad school, simply for that reason you brought up.....but we dont expect them to give us reasons why they are breaking their word....if it gets too bad, which i feel it has, well be leaving, we wont claim they owe us something we know we arent far enough up the ladder to expect them to give.....well just run along and give our money where we feel people are being the most honorable.....if you feel a&m is not honorable, sounds like you did well with your money....

eagles_victory
08-14-2011, 03:08 PM
so I might be right? They are saying there is still a chance it could happen. Not sure what is going on really.

trojandad
08-14-2011, 03:11 PM
so I might be right?

i think you have, nasty.....will take SO many things to happen for it to go down.....

NastySlot
08-14-2011, 03:13 PM
They are saying there is still a chance it could happen. Not sure what is going on really.

nah.....the horns and the rest of the schools in the big xii....aren't going to let it happen.

eagles_victory
08-14-2011, 03:16 PM
Most are saying SEC didn't want to take a chance with A&M being contracted to the Big 12. Possibly Florida and South Carolina voted it down to keep the potential of adding Clemson and Florida St. from happening.

Old Tiger
08-14-2011, 04:06 PM
I don't like that they're breaking the commitment. I don't even know how much it's going to cost them for breaking it. But my best guess (and its only a guess) is, that they want a more equal footing ($$$) and hoping they'll find it in the SEC. They will probably still play Texas, which will give the B12-3 a chance at beating the SEC. The pro's and con's will bear themselves eventually.Under the new deal Texas and Texas A&M both make the same revenue from the big 12.

Roughneck93
08-14-2011, 04:11 PM
You're right, the SEC just denied an invite. http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6861385/sec-extend-invitation-texas-leaves-options-openThe Southeastern Conference is not extending an invitation to Texas A&M to become its 13th member, but isn't ruling out adding the Aggies in the future.University of Florida president Dr. Bernie Machen said the conference's presidents and chancellors met on Sunday and "reaffirmed our satisfaction with the present 12 institutional alignment.""We recognize, however, that future conditions may make it advantageous to expand the number of institutions in the league," Machen said. "We discussed criteria and process associated with expansion. No action was taken with respect to any institution including Texas A&M."Wow! The way A&M was talking, I figured them leaving was a done deal. Were they certain that the SEC was going to give them an invite?

Old Tiger
08-14-2011, 04:16 PM
Wow! The way A&M was talking, I figured them leaving was a done deal. Were they certain that the SEC was going to give them an invite?Because Aggies are delusional and easily blinded by shiny objects.

Roughneck93
08-14-2011, 04:23 PM
Because Aggies are delusional and easily blinded by shiny objects.Lol! Well I read this article a few minutes ago, seems these tv contracts might be one reason.http://outkickthecoverage.com/how-espn-is-complicating-am-to-sec-deal.php

1st and goal
08-14-2011, 05:53 PM
ESPN queered the deal...

Txbroadcaster
08-14-2011, 06:00 PM
Source I have heard from said SEC basically has told A&M pony up the out fee of 30 million and make sure the Big 12 will not go after the move in court..Also the SEC wants to see what Texas Politicans have to say...and a third issue is Florida and SC are not that keen on chasing Clemson and Fla State.

So everyone assumed this was going to be easy but it seems the SEC wants alot of things worked out before they are willing.

Old Tiger
08-14-2011, 06:06 PM
Source I have heard from said SEC basically has told A&M pony up the out fee of 30 million and make sure the Big 12 will not go after the move in court..Also the SEC wants to see what Texas Politicans have to say...and a third issue is Florida and SC are not that keen on chasing Clemson and Fla State.

So everyone assumed this was going to be easy but it seems the SEC wants alot of things worked out before they are willing.30 million for an athletic program that is still in debt is a lot of money. Especially if they piss off the legislatures with the move because the athletic program would have to borrow money again from the academic funds

Matthew328
08-14-2011, 08:14 PM
Pure genius

http://prevailandride.blogspot.com/2011/08/cfb-offseason-in-ms-paint-dateline-aggy.html

Old Tiger
08-14-2011, 08:18 PM
the last 2 pics had me rolling

turbostud
08-14-2011, 09:25 PM
HaHa classic.

Roughneck93
08-14-2011, 09:38 PM
Funny! :clap:

Old Tiger
08-14-2011, 09:54 PM
signature updated.

Phil C
08-15-2011, 10:12 AM
SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!

and

What happened to the mad smiley? It isn't there. :confused:

RoyceTTU
08-15-2011, 10:16 AM
:mad:

You have to Click Advanced

Phil C
08-15-2011, 11:07 AM

You have to Click Advanced

Ok! I got it! Thank RoyceTTU!

:thumbsup:

Phil C
08-15-2011, 04:26 PM
I have heard that if the Aggies leave the Big 12 that some influencial members of the Texas legislature from Houston and Dallas want SMU and Houston to join the Big 12. These are two teams that have the potential to be powerhouses with that area they are located. Some of the State's best HS players come from those two cities. This is indeed scary and the two teams have had great success in football in the past.
Houston has had several great seasons which include 1977 when they were 12-1 and in 1990 when they were 10-1 plus they have had a Heisman Trophy winner. And SMU is just now coming off the effects of the NCAA imposed Death Penalty and is about to rise again. You have to remember that SMU also has had a Heisman Trophy winner and has had some great teams including a national championship in football in 1935. This could result in scary times indeed!

:(

Old Tiger
08-15-2011, 04:34 PM
Hearing BYU is first choice followed by Houston.

TheDOCTORdre
08-15-2011, 05:20 PM
I heard Air Force is also a possibility of someone they could look at...damn that triple option

eagleqb_14
08-15-2011, 06:10 PM
awesome! made my day

Pendragon13
08-15-2011, 06:17 PM
This thread is a joke...right?:crazy:

poisoned10
08-15-2011, 06:30 PM
This thread is a joke...right?:crazy:

You're joking...right?

Pendragon13
08-15-2011, 06:52 PM
You're joking...right?Well, the only "scary times" about Houston and SMU joining the Big 12 is the fact that they don't up the competition level or bring any new tv markets with them..