PDA

View Full Version : La Grange- Liberty Hill Scrimmage

hookandladder
08-09-2011, 09:40 AM
La Grange will get to see how their new O-Line can perform against a ranked team, we have good size on both sides of the ball. LG looking to pound the rock this year, should be a good scrimmage to see where we are at. On the defensive side we will need to stop the run and Liberty Hill should be a good test, looking forward to Saturday morning. Is the field in Liberty Hill still at the old one in town.

greendawg84
08-09-2011, 12:26 PM
Yep , it is in the same place , they do have a new High School and sports complex that will start construction this year though.

greendawg84
08-09-2011, 12:26 PM
what time does the scrimmage start sat ?

hookandladder
08-09-2011, 12:40 PM
what time does the scrimmage start sat ?

Freshmen and JV start @ 9:00am
Varsity @ 10:00am.

fanofthegame
08-09-2011, 06:53 PM
i saw lagrange the last week and you are HUGE on the o-line....who is the kid, aka. man child...lol, that is on the o-line? is he the one who was hurt during district last year? all i can say for your district is watch out....you should be glad that you didn't receive much love from the likes of the dave cambells and coaches polls, cause let me just say this....you look good.....

hookandladder
08-10-2011, 06:25 AM
i saw lagrange the last week and you are HUGE on the o-line....who is the kid, aka. man child...lol, that is on the o-line? is he the one who was hurt during district last year? all i can say for your district is watch out....you should be glad that you didn't receive much love from the likes of the dave cambells and coaches polls, cause let me just say this....you look good.....

We have one returning O Linemen(Kitchens) who has been really impressive in offseason and now, then we have Childs who is being recruited by a number of D-1 teams. Also we have 2 huge sophomores their potential is unlimited, we should average 6'3" about 250 to 260 across the front with a TE who is 6'3" 230. Our QB who was one of the tallest players on offense last year now looks little. Size will be an advantage for us this year , hopefully it will all come together. There will be a number of these guys seeing some time both ways , they can really get after it on defense with not only size but are very athletic. Childs is pretty much unblockable , if there is such a word.We are excited about the next few years, we now have 3 pretty solid grades in a row so future looks to be bright. Childs was injured last year during District, so yes he did not play much til the last couple of games . He is listed at 6'4" at 275 with 4.8 speed, big boy can move.

greendawg84
08-10-2011, 07:26 AM
Can you help a brother out and let us borrow a couple of them , just for district.

hookandladder
08-10-2011, 09:46 AM
Can you help a brother out and let us borrow a couple of them , just for district.

We have not had this kind of size and talent since our run in 2000, our 2009 team had some talent but did not have this kind of size. Even with size and talent you still have to put all the pieces together, with this being our new coaches second year their program is in place so that should help. It will still takes some time with moving to a new type of offense, hopefully after a couple of games we will be ready for District.

Super_R
08-15-2011, 09:57 AM
Well...how did the scrimmage end up? How did my LH boys look?

hookandladder
08-15-2011, 10:38 AM
Well...how did the scrimmage end up? How did my LH boys look?

I would say your offense is the best I have seen it in the last 3 years, QB does an excellent job and RB's run hard. LH defense is not very big but scrappy, think with their offense they will be tough to beat. I think our defense did a very good job for not preparing at all for the slot T offense, our defense should be improved from last year. Our offense is definitely behind our D however with changing from the spread to under center and becoming a running team, it will take some time to adjust. It was the same thing when we went to the spread, we have the big boys up front to pound the ball and we will as the season progresses. I liked what I saw from both teams, I think both teams will get better down the road.

Super_R
08-15-2011, 12:27 PM
Thanks hookandladder. Good luck this year.

Hopefully I can catch LH in this Saturdays scrimmage against Sealy.

hookandladder
08-15-2011, 02:04 PM

We play Sealy 4th game this year, so let me know what you think about Sealy.

LH Panther Mom
08-15-2011, 07:56 PM

Uhm, the scrimmage is Thursday. :p

Super_R
08-16-2011, 03:54 PM
I'm all out of whack. I'll get with it soon.

shamu85
08-16-2011, 04:20 PM
Looks like one of our (Georgetown East View) freshman teams will be playing LH in week 2 of the season at our place. I am assuming that all the sub-varsity teams at LH run the slot T as well?

LH Panther Mom
08-16-2011, 06:13 PM
Looks like one of our (Georgetown East View) freshman teams will be playing LH in week 2 of the season at our place. I am assuming that all the sub-varsity teams at LH run the slot T as well?
Is there any other kind of offense? ;)

Yes, we do, including JH.

solocam
08-16-2011, 08:48 PM
:iagree:
Is there any other kind of offense?

Yes, we do, including JH.

:iagree: no other like it

hookandladder
08-17-2011, 06:21 AM

Liberty Hill's JV team was not very impressive at all, their Freshmen team looked better however our Freshmen won one game last year. So for what it is worth, I don't know.