PDA

View Full Version : Which top 10 team

orange machine
08-08-2011, 08:37 PM
Gets knocked off first? I say Henderson.

NastySlot
08-08-2011, 10:32 PM

ok fair enough......but at least tell us the possible game and why.

coach
08-08-2011, 10:40 PM
when you say get's knowcked off do you mean knocked out of the top 10 or lose?

bigwood33
08-08-2011, 10:46 PM
All of the teams in the top 10 are certainly worthy but they all also play tough schedules and any one of them COULD have an early slip up. I am going to say that, if Trent Jackson is allowed to play, Wimberly loses to Cuero...in Wimberly.

orange machine
08-08-2011, 11:37 PM
ok fair enough......but at least tell us the possible game and why.
I think Libert-Eyalu (sp) has a chance to catch them, but I think Carthage and Gilmer will beat them.

trojandad
08-09-2011, 12:01 AM
even the wimberley faithful, as good as they are, believe they could be caught the first game....

if barbay experiments a lot with our backfield early on as he did last year, we could drop to kirbyville again early on.....of course, we arent top 10 for many (barely top 25 for some) so this thread might not apply to us for some.....

Tejastrue
08-09-2011, 12:48 AM
All of the teams in the top 10 are certainly worthy but they all also play tough schedules and any one of them COULD have an early slip up. I am going to say that, if Trent Jackson is allowed to play, Wimberly loses to Cuero...in Wimberly.

If you recall Jackson was playing last year when WimberlEy beat Cuero... in Cuero. Believe me when I say that no Texan coach or player is taking them lightly with or without Jackson. As Trojandad stated, us Wimberley faithful understand the possibility that they could hang a loss on us as could a couple of other teams along the way but.... if you're going to pick us to lose, could you at least spell our name correctly? :taunt:

bigwood33
08-09-2011, 05:34 AM
Sorry, WimberlEy, I do occasionally have typo's ;) (particularly when I am posting from my iPhone- "soft keyboard" messes me up). I am not sure that, if I were making a wager, I would actually predict this "upset" but it certainly is an intriguing, early season, match up between 2 outstanding football programs and either team could win. I would expect this to be a 1 score game that could go either way and whoever protects the football the best will probably win. I was really just going with the averages as these kinds of match ups usually even out although I will admit, not always "year to year".

buckeyebob
08-09-2011, 05:55 AM
I think Libert-Eyalu (sp) has a chance to catch them, but I think Carthage and Gilmer will beat them.

We have had Liberty Eylau's number since the 2006 debacle. They can't seem to get over the hump. That being said, we do play them at home this year & it is always a good one. What I am seeing right now is good bunch of Buckeyes that could very well take the Dist. Crown this year. We have three home games...Dangerfield, Carthage & Henderson. I am prdicting that barring unforseen events, we will start our Home Winning Streak again.

rholl
08-09-2011, 12:12 PM
who's top 10 is being used for this??

Old Tiger
08-09-2011, 12:33 PM
All of the teams in the top 10 are certainly worthy but they all also play tough schedules and any one of them COULD have an early slip up. I am going to say that, if Trent Jackson is allowed to play, Wimberly loses to Cuero...in Wimberly.convicts versus convicts?

Bosqueville
08-09-2011, 01:40 PM
We have had Liberty Eylau's number since the 2006 debacle. They can't seem to get over the hump. That being said, we do play them at home this year & it is always a good one. What I am seeing right now is good bunch of Buckeyes that could very well take the Dist. Crown this year. We have three home games...Dangerfield, Carthage & Henderson. I am prdicting that barring unforseen events, we will start our Home Winning Streak again.

Wow! What an awesome 3 games at home. Would be great to see these matchups!! The stadium should be rocking!!!

orange machine
08-09-2011, 01:42 PM
who's top 10 is being used for this??
I used the Dave Campbell top 10, but I think most peoples top 10's have most of the same teams just different orders.

upper20
08-09-2011, 02:05 PM
If using MaxPreps' top 10, either Snyder (#10) or Monahans (#7) is going down week 0. Scratch that - last year's rankings.

MGAR
08-09-2011, 03:26 PM

Not sure if you knew this but this years Henderson group is stout. Meeks said before last season started that this group would have best shot at winning state.

IMO this Henderson group will be mucho better than last years.

cowboyandchrist
08-09-2011, 03:57 PM
You may want to read the Panola Watchman before you make that statement. They had over 100 boys show up the first day and that did not count freshmen.
Coach S was surprised how good they looked. Big, strong, and very fast.

Tejastrue
08-09-2011, 04:10 PM
convicts versus convicts?

Poor taste of humor. :thmbdwn:

Old Tiger
08-09-2011, 04:16 PM
Poor taste of humor. :thmbdwn:Is it humor or facts?

44INAROW
08-09-2011, 05:02 PM
Is it humor or facts?

Karma is a bitch........... I take much offense to Cuero being referred as CONVICTS. that's all I am going to say on this matter.........

Tejastrue
08-09-2011, 05:08 PM
Is it humor or facts?

What's your point?

ogg
08-09-2011, 10:23 PM
Poor taste of humor. :thmbdwn:

Agree +1

sinton66
08-10-2011, 06:11 AM
convicts versus convicts?

You really don't know when it's a good idea to just shut up, do you? This is the kind of comment that has gotten you banned repeatedly. Time to wise up and grow up.

pirate4state
08-10-2011, 10:33 AM
Is it humor or facts?

I thought it was funny, but I usually laugh at idiots :kiss:

LIONS#1
08-10-2011, 01:42 PM
I find it amusing that old tigr opens his mouth and throws up all over himself on a regular basis!!:ack!:

Old Tiger
08-10-2011, 01:44 PM
I find it amusing that old tigr opens his mouth and throws up all over himself on a regular basis!!:ack!:I find it amusing that people are so serious on the interwebz.

Old Tiger
08-10-2011, 01:47 PM
give me top 10 list and schedules and I will tell you.

LionFan72
08-11-2011, 11:49 AM
Week 0 - Snyder Tigers falls to Monahans by 4. Gonna be a heck of game, but I think Monahans will be hungry this year, and I saw some really good talent on the field last year that is returning. Good luck to both!

cowboyandchrist
08-11-2011, 03:07 PM
If Chapell Hill does not beat the Carthage Bull Dogs, then I don't think anybody will. Carthage could loose three games or go undefeted in the regular season.