PDA

View Full Version : Smithville football tigers

jrhernandez7
08-08-2011, 07:59 PM
Well its that time of the year again my friend's. Summer is coming to a end , and two-a-days are well under way. That means my Tigers have hope again!! or do they?? I was at the track running earlyer last week and seen first hand almost a whole practice. To say under sized would be being nice, my tigers are small, not to sure how big size wise the rest of the district is but its not going to be are strong point for us im sure. Speed is decent, but nothing like years in the past when we were competive. The coaching seemed to be a little too relaxed for a team coming off a horible year after showing a few years of promise. I always hear great things coming from town about coach Wiley's off season workouts and getting the kids to buy in to the program. I am not expecting much this year, but i hope the Tigers and coach Wiley prove me wrong! Its all just too early and speculation so far, and the Tigers have a lot of work to do to even compete in this district IMO. They will have there hands full Week 0 Lexington@Smithville an we will know alot more!!

HEMOTOXIC
08-08-2011, 09:52 PM
Well its that time of the year again my friend's. Summer is coming to a end , and two-a-days are well under way. That means my Tigers have hope again!! or do they?? I was at the track running earlyer last week and seen first hand almost a whole practice. To say under sized would be being nice, my tigers are small, not to sure how big size wise the rest of the district is but its not going to be are strong point for us im sure. Speed is decent, but nothing like years in the past when we were competive. The coaching seemed to be a little too relaxed for a team coming off a horible year after showing a few years of promise. I always hear great things coming from town about coach Wiley's off season workouts and getting the kids to buy in to the program. I am not expecting much this year, but i hope the Tigers and coach Wiley prove me wrong! Its all just too early and speculation so far, and the Tigers have a lot of work to do to even compete in this district IMO. They will have there hands full Week 0 Lexington@Smithville an we will know alot more!!

Hey, everyone is undefeated at this point. I am sure that the Tigers will be a thorn in the side of many in D23. Good Luck to you guys.

jrhernandez7
08-09-2011, 09:29 PM
thank you nav! From what I am hearing from my G-buff an Lg-Lep Amigos is that the Rattlers are the team to beat this year!!!!

HEMOTOXIC
08-10-2011, 06:55 AM
thank you nav! From what I am hearing from my G-buff an Lg-Lep Amigos is that the Rattlers are the team to beat this year!!!!

We will see about that. We lost some good seniors but we also have a good JV/freshmen teams coming up. For the second year in a row, we will have a first time varsity starting QB.