PDA

View Full Version : SCOUTING REPORT for Burnet

Cam
08-08-2011, 02:26 PM
Anybody know anything? All I've heard is bad news. Our best Sr. lineman (Salinas) is not playing I hear. Big dog Sr. RB Belmarez has pulled his hammy. Is this true BLEEDZ? How bad? Man, I hope he's OK. Also, Sr. WR Connally has back issues.
From what I've seen, our 7th grade linemen (who have quite a few kids that are gynormous for their age) are bigger than our varsity lines......:eek:

Don't get too giddy District 25 foes (and Marble Falls), Burnet will still find a way to give you a hard time!! But I do see a rebuilding process going on in Burnet right now.

BLEEDZGREEN
08-08-2011, 03:49 PM
Yeah he tweaked it, we thought it was more serious @ 1st but after some ice & rest it starting to feel better. He'll be fine but I'm not sure if he's going to play in the 3way scrimmage with Boerne & Fredericksburg this Sat. maybe next week when Vandergrift comes to town. Salinas is back, I seen him practicing, he had some personal issues that he is suppose to let his team mates know about. Connally will be cleared to play on Aug. 14th according to his dad.

The line will be smallish & quick but all they have to do is make a quick hole for #25 and we will see twice as many of these highlights! :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFnLUQr-CF8

Cam
08-10-2011, 09:54 AM
Yeah he tweaked it, we thought it was more serious @ 1st but after some ice & rest it starting to feel better. He'll be fine but I'm not sure if he's going to play in the 3way scrimmage with Boerne & Fredericksburg this Sat. maybe next week when Vandergrift comes to town. Salinas is back, I seen him practicing, he had some personal issues that he is suppose to let his team mates know about. Connally will be cleared to play on Aug. 14th according to his dad.

The line will be smallish & quick but all they have to do is make a quick hole for #25 and we will see twice as many of these highlights! :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFnLUQr-CF8

that's good news BLEEDZ....if Salinas is back, that is great...he is one tough cookie..I hope they use him on both sides of the ball..and you're right, #25 doesn't need a hog line & massive holes to get him in the clear...I'm looking forward to watching him. If he stays healthy, he'll have a monster year. It'll be hard to stop him from getting his yards. Glad to hear he's OK....
If they have moved Morgan & Letterman to the OL as I hear, that is great. Those two are scrappers...and smart! Do you know who fills the other two spots on the O-line?

BLEEDZGREEN
08-11-2011, 08:44 PM
You heard right and the other spots are a kid named Quaid and the other James, my son says these 2 are doing real good. Having Salinas back is a major bonus, my son said he loves running thru his holes and was very happy he was back! I haven't had a chance to catch practice this season but I'll get a better feel for the rest of team this Saturday.

NastySlot
08-11-2011, 09:08 PM
hey just wondering who was ya'lls first scrimmage last year......saw where the bulldogs will scrimmage boerne champion and fredericksburg saturday.....did someone back on you all?

BLEEDZGREEN
08-11-2011, 09:46 PM
hey just wondering who was ya'lls first scrimmage last year......saw where the bulldogs will scrimmage boerne champion and fredericksburg saturday.....did someone back on you all?
Last year we scrimmaged Antonian, the new coach backed out on us this year. I guess the other coaches told the new coach about how hard our boys were hitting them :ack!: :eek:

Cam
08-12-2011, 01:53 PM
I hear we got a new kid from Marble Falls. Any news on him?? Also, how's the Lockett kid doing? I remember when he first got to Burnet a couple of years ago. Everyone was excited because of his football lookin' physique..a solid, thick kid......but, it was quickly realized he was a bit timid when it came to hitting someone. It looks like last season he turned the corner a bit on JV. Actually was runnin' the ball hard...Is he gonna help Burnet this season? I hope he can. Sometimes it just takes a kid awhile to figure things out....

BLEEDZGREEN
08-13-2011, 11:11 AM
Yeah he's a sophmore, hard runner with good speed, we had him over for dinner the other night. Very respectful & funny kid, he also can EAT! Coaches are keeping him on JV this year is what he told me. Tim is #3 right now & Aaron Johns #2, Tim most likely will be used as a blocker in key spots.