PDA

View Full Version : hey, roughneck, question.....

trojandad
08-08-2011, 12:14 PM
do you see any way wc goes dII without a miracle having to happen? im not up to snuff on your district and its numbers well enough to know if its even possible to meet up with you guys, cause theres no chance of us going dI......just curious.....

Roughneck93
08-08-2011, 12:20 PM
do you see any way wc goes dII without a miracle having to happen? im not up to snuff on your district and its numbers well enough to know if its even possible to meet up with you guys, cause theres no chance of us going dI......just curious.....

Not a chance. We are the biggest school in our district. So no matter where we finish, 1st-3rd, we will go D1.

trojandad
08-08-2011, 12:29 PM
Not a chance. We are the biggest school in our district. So no matter where we finish, 1st-3rd, we will go D1.

thanks...guess ill have to figure another way to see you guys play.....

Roughneck93
08-08-2011, 12:46 PM
thanks...guess ill have to figure another way to see you guys play.....

I usually use our bye week and take in other Houston area games. This year I'm headed to Coldspring on Nov. 4th. Believe y'all play Liberty that week?

trojandad
08-08-2011, 03:54 PM
I usually use our bye week and take in other Houston area games. This year I'm headed to Coldspring on Nov. 4th. Believe y'all play Liberty that week?

yes sir, at our place this year....

the problem with our bye week is a few years ago the school got wise and started scheduling our bye week during the same week of the local county fair....before they did that wed have a lot of truancy and temptations to either miss practice or sneak out to the fair all hours of the night...but for folks like me i usuall have to participate in the fair's auction buyers dinner on friday of that week, then stay for the auction on saturday to buy an animal or two from the kids....

what ive done the last few years is skip either the tarkington or shepherd game (yep, i know thats a diss, sorry) and go see whoever looks like our dist 21 3-a opponent in the first round is gonna be....do you guys play any other saturday games, preseason or no, during the year?

Roughneck93
08-08-2011, 05:49 PM
yes sir, at our place this year....

the problem with our bye week is a few years ago the school got wise and started scheduling our bye week during the same week of the local county fair....before they did that wed have a lot of truancy and temptations to either miss practice or sneak out to the fair all hours of the night...but for folks like me i usuall have to participate in the fair's auction buyers dinner on friday of that week, then stay for the auction on saturday to buy an animal or two from the kids....

what ive done the last few years is skip either the tarkington or shepherd game (yep, i know thats a diss, sorry) and go see whoever looks like our dist 21 3-a opponent in the first round is gonna be....do you guys play any other saturday games, preseason or no, during the year?

All Friday night games for us this year. I thought about scouting our first round opponent last year as well. But, it was still up in the air as to who it would have been at the time. Either Sinton or RF, and that is a long drive to make!

trojandad
08-08-2011, 05:57 PM
All Friday night games for us this year. I thought about scouting our first round opponent last year as well. But, it was still up in the air as to who it would have been at the time. Either Sinton or RF, and that is a long drive to make!

it is a heck of a drive....i sure want to visit sinton tho, and watch them play, if nothing else but to honor that young man on their former team that was killed in afghanistan earlier this year.....still feel terrible for those folks everytime i see a sinton fan posting....i gotta get down there....

Roughneck93
08-08-2011, 06:13 PM
it is a heck of a drive....i sure want to visit sinton tho, and watch them play, if nothing else but to honor that young man on their former team that was killed in afghanistan earlier this year.....still feel terrible for those folks everytime i see a sinton fan posting....i gotta get down there....

Definitely. That's a great place to go watch high school sports. I went three times this past school year. Once for football and twice more during the baseball playoffs. Their sports facilities are impressive.