PDA

View Full Version : Sinton has toughest football schedule in the stage again

Phil C
08-08-2011, 11:35 AM
:( It starts soon and it is a tough one again.

First the scrimages against 5A Ray High School in Corpus Chrisit and then 2A powerhouse Refugio. Good grief. I hope we don't have too many injuries. Then the regular season starts.

On Week 0 we have a bye which I ordinarily frown on but in this case maybe it is wise so that we have time to get over injuries from the above scrimages.

Then it stars on Week 1 agains Hondo who is always tough. I remember Hondo gave Freer a tough playoff game in 1959 and they did beat Sinton in a playoff a few years ago. Scary times indeed!

Then Week 2 powerful Rio Hondo. Another Hondo to face. Talk about being in an arena against two lions. Whew!

Then Week 3 we play West Oso. No more comment except BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR!

Then week 4 Robstown in Robstown. Good grief. Don't they know that Robstown is a power in football as well as baseball. Get my rowboat ready I'm rowing out to try and catch Emily!

Then week 5 Orange Grove. This is trouble because Coach Bomar is their new coach. Remember his son had great success at Oklahoma and Sam Houston State. Good grief!

Game 6 Rockport-Fulton. Good grief. Another form 4A power team. Alas!

Game 7 Ingleside. You have already heard Mustange69 tell us how powerful Ingleside has been the past few years. Bring on Chuck Norris! I have a better chance. :(

Game 8 Aransas Pass in Aransas Pass. Good grief. This is one where we might get headed off at the pass.

Game 9 Mathis. Good grief another powerhouse. Get my cowboy outfit on because I am going to look for some aliens to fight. :(

Game 10 Goliad in Goliad. Good grief. Goliad is still mad about the Goliad Massacre in 1836 and may take it out on us. They are tough. :(

I hope we get to make the playoffs after that schedule. :(

MGAR
08-08-2011, 11:38 AM
That might be one of the "tougher" ones in 3A but no where near the state...

trojandad
08-08-2011, 11:46 AM
i have to admit i dont understand the typical rationale for scheduling a week 0 bye week.....

MGAR
08-08-2011, 11:47 AM
i have to admit i dont understand the typical rationale for scheduling a week 0 bye week.....

Me either...

But you still have a game but it don't count as a W/L..

MUSTANG69
08-08-2011, 11:53 AM

This will be the second year in a row that Sinton and Ingleside have had Week 0 byes. I'm with you. I don't understand why.

poisoned10
08-08-2011, 12:01 PM
Scary times indeed!

Saggy Aggie
08-08-2011, 12:04 PM
Sinton does have the toughest schedule in the state. And don't forget s likely first round rematch with Columbia in bi-district which will be all the way in west Columbia.

trojandad
08-08-2011, 12:05 PM
Scary times indeed!

see, you move to kentucky, teams arent playing on week 0.....im tellin ya, 2012 is a comin......

LIONS#1
08-08-2011, 12:14 PM

First the scrimages against 5A Ray High School in Corpus Chrisit and then 2A powerhouse Refugio. Good grief. I hope we don't have too many injuries. Then the regular season starts.

On Week 0 we have a bye which I ordinarily frown on but in this case maybe it is wise so that we have time to get over injuries from the above scrimages.

Then it stars on Week 1 agains Hondo who is always tough. I remember Hondo gave Freer a tough playoff game in 1959 and they did beat Sinton in a playoff a few years ago. Scary times indeed!

Then Week 2 powerful Rio Hondo. Another Hondo to face. Talk about being in an arena against two lions. Whew!

Then Week 3 we play West Oso. No more comment except BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR!

Then week 4 Robstown in Robstown. Good grief. Don't they know that Robstown is a power in football as well as baseball. Get my rowboat ready I'm rowing out to try and catch Emily!

Then week 5 Orange Grove. This is trouble because Coach Bomar is their new coach. Remember his son had great success at Oklahoma and Sam Houston State. Good grief!

Game 7 Ingleside. You have already heard Mustange69 tell us how powerful Ingleside has been the past few years. Bring on Chuck Norris! I have a better chance. :(

Game 8 Aransas Pass in Aransas Pass. Good grief. This is one where we might get headed off at the pass.

Game 9 Mathis. Good grief another powerhouse. Get my cowboy outfit on because I am going to look for some aliens to fight. :(

Game 10 Goliad in Goliad. Good grief. Goliad is still mad about the Goliad Massacre in 1836 and may take it out on us. They are tough. :(

Really?? I mean Really?:crazy::1popcorn: LOL

ccmom
08-08-2011, 12:18 PM
This will be the second year in a row that Sinton and Ingleside have had Week 0 byes. I'm with you. I don't understand why.

Don't most teams do two year deals when scheduling? It would stand to reason that if you had a bye week 0 last year, you would have the same this year, right? Unless weird stuff happens with the schedule as in the case of Wylie/LaVernia, I thought two year deals were the norm.

Roughneck93
08-08-2011, 12:22 PM
Sinton does have the toughest schedule in the state. And don't forget s likely first round rematch with Columbia in bi-district which will be all the way in west Columbia.

This. Unless RF sneaks in.

poisoned10
08-08-2011, 12:24 PM
see, you move to kentucky, teams arent playing on week 0.....im tellin ya, 2012 is a comin......

Yep, right after 2011!

pirate4state
08-08-2011, 01:21 PM
This. Unless RF sneaks in.

RF won't have to sneak in this year. Mathis is self-destructing. LOL

It will be:
Sinton
Ingleside
RF (DI)

Roughneck93
08-08-2011, 01:44 PM

It will be:
Sinton
Ingleside
RF (DI)

Lol. Those are the three I see coming out of that district too. But, in what order? Sinton then Ingleside or do the the Mustangs take the top spot this year?

NastySlot
08-08-2011, 02:08 PM
no big deal...but isn't Ray 4A now..........I was thinking Carroll and King were the only 5A's left in the CCISD.

MUSTANG69
08-08-2011, 02:19 PM

It will be:
Sinton
Ingleside
RF (DI)

I think you are correct about these 3 teams representing the district but I respectfully diasgree with the order.
Ingleside
Rockport-Fulton
Sinton

99IHSMustang
08-08-2011, 02:20 PM
Lol. Those are the three I see coming out of that district too. But, in what order? Sinton then Ingleside or do the the Mustangs take the top spot this year?

I think a little homerism on boths sides, but I think Ingleside will take the top spot this year because of what they have returning.

Roughneck93
08-08-2011, 02:25 PM
I think a little homerism on boths sides, but I think Ingleside will take the top spot this year because of what they have returning.

That should be a good one on Oct. 14th.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-08-2011, 05:03 PM
Really?? I mean Really?:crazy::1popcorn: LOL He has hooked one so far :)

SintonFan_inAustin
08-08-2011, 05:05 PM
That should be a good one on Oct. 14th. Ingleside doesn't have the speed that WC had on defense to neutralize Sinton run game or passing game to the running backs. Sinton defense is still in tack with the exception of the line but Sinton will stop Ingleside offense again like last year. :):1popcorn:

SintonFan_inAustin
08-08-2011, 05:08 PM

It will be:
Sinton
Ingleside
RF (DI) :clap:

When is Sinton media day?

bigwood33
08-08-2011, 06:15 PM
Sorry, maybe toughest in South Texas but not in the state. My vote goes to Spring Hill (no, I am not from there nor have I ever been there).
08/13/11 Tatum (scrim)
08/18/11 Quitman (scrim.)
08/26/11 Lindale
09/02/11 Athens
09/09/11 White Oak
09/16/11 New Boston
09/23/11 Van
09/30/11 OPEN
10/07/11 Henderson
10/14/11 Gladewater
10/21/11 Gilmer
10/28/11 Pittsburg
11/04/11 Carthage
That is as tough as it gets!

99IHSMustang
08-08-2011, 06:20 PM
Ingleside doesn't have the speed that WC had on defense to neutralize Sinton run game or passing game to the running backs. Sinton defense is still in tack with the exception of the line but Sinton will stop Ingleside offense again like last year. :):1popcorn:

:lies:

davbo
08-08-2011, 06:24 PM
Good Grief, Cry Me A River!

davbo
08-08-2011, 06:31 PM
Bigwood33, I agree, Tatum is #1 in most 2a polls, New Boston is in those where Tatum isn't and then good god almighty, two defending state Champs in 3a in the same district and then add Gladewater, Gilmer(always a power), and Pittsburg who is coached by my buddy Robert Manley or Tossie(who I coached with at Pottsboro in the mid to late '80's, yes the battle of the Boros) as we all call him from his wrestling days in Okl. I'd say that is pretty darn tough. Many of those deep east Texas schedules look very similar in both 2 and 3a. Who knows, maybe they, Spring Hill, win it this year.

Saggy Aggie
08-08-2011, 06:57 PM
Bigwood33, I agree, Tatum is #1 in most 2a polls, New Boston is in those where Tatum isn't and then good god almighty, two defending state Champs in 3a in the same district and then add Gladewater, Gilmer(always a power), and Pittsburg who is coached by my buddy Robert Manley or Tossie(who I coached with at Pottsboro in the mid to late '80's, yes the battle of the Boros) as we all call him from his wrestling days in Okl. I'd say that is pretty darn tough. Many of those deep east Texas schedules look very similar in both 2 and 3a. Who knows, maybe they, Spring Hill, win it this year.
Looks like phil got a few bites.

Hook, line..... And sinker.

davbo
08-08-2011, 07:25 PM
Actually, after looking at most all those teams in that same district, I wouldn't want to play too many of their schedules.

davbo
08-08-2011, 07:29 PM
I bet you like that dopped up multi-year champion who claims Austin as his home too don't you!!!!

davbo
08-08-2011, 07:38 PM
Bomar's son may have had success at SHS, but I think he left Zero U in disgrace and I don't think he has any HS eligbility left does he? So what else do they have? Shoot was that the sinker or the hook?

MustangFootball
08-08-2011, 09:11 PM
10 returning on offense and 8 returning on defense
here's a look at Ingleside's 2011 schedule not to shabby!!!

2011 Ingleside Mustang Football Schedules
Varsity
August 13 5A Laredo-Martin Here (Scrimmage) 7:00
August 19 2A Taft Here (Scrimmage) 7:00
August 26 Open
September 2 4A Tuloso-Midway There 7:30
September 9 3A Zapata Here 7:30
September 16 4A Beeville Here 7:30
September 23 3A West-Oso There 7:30
September 30 3A Robstown Here 7:30
October 7 *Goliad There 7:30
October 14 *Sinton There 7:30
October 21 *Mathis Here 7:30
October 28 *Rockport-Fulton There 7:30
November 4 *Aransas Pass Here 7:30

Ingleside
Rockport Fulton (D1)
Sinton

99IHSMustang
08-08-2011, 09:40 PM

Varsity
August 26 Open

Ingleside
Rockport Fulton (D1)
Sinton

What happened to Ingleside and GP scrimmage. That is what the schedule on the Ingleside ISD website shows. I was just about to post that in a separate forum to get some discussions going...

MustangFootball
08-08-2011, 10:07 PM
What happened to Ingleside and GP scrimmage. That is what the schedule on the Ingleside ISD website shows. I was just about to post that in a separate forum to get some discussions going...

GP did spring ball this year so by UIL rules they had to drop a scrimmage so they drop Ingleside and kept the Flour Bluff scrimmage, so Ingleside will be scrimmaging 5A Loredo Martin this saturday in Ingleside.

AP Panther Fan
08-09-2011, 09:07 AM

We got new goal posts...guess y'all are just going to have to deal with it.:D

Phil C
08-09-2011, 09:25 AM

That increases the risk. :(

MUSTANG69
08-09-2011, 09:39 AM

What did ya'll do? Steal some outriggers off a shrimp boat to make them?:)

AP Panther Fan
08-09-2011, 10:28 AM

We considered that, but they were too rusty. There are a few random flag poles that have gone missing on Commercial Street and I heard that APISD just made a large donation of flags to the boyscouts.:D

'Necks 2013-14
08-09-2011, 11:07 AM
+1. No doubt.

'Necks 2013-14
08-09-2011, 11:08 AM
Sorry, maybe toughest in South Texas but not in the state. My vote goes to Spring Hill (no, I am not from there nor have I ever been there).
08/13/11 Tatum (scrim)
08/18/11 Quitman (scrim.)
08/26/11 Lindale
09/02/11 Athens
09/09/11 White Oak
09/16/11 New Boston
09/23/11 Van
09/30/11 OPEN
10/07/11 Henderson
10/14/11 Gladewater
10/21/11 Gilmer
10/28/11 Pittsburg
11/04/11 Carthage
That is as tough as it gets!No doubter! +1

pirate4state
08-09-2011, 01:31 PM
:clap:

When is Sinton media day?

It was Saturday.

MUSTANG69
08-09-2011, 03:00 PM
It was Saturday.

Must have not been much to talk about or report on since nobody knew about it.

pirate4state
08-09-2011, 04:47 PM

I've heard a lot of good things, but won't know if they are true until Sept 2nd. I'm looking forward to that day and will leave the rest to all of you that like to report on every minute detail.

Plus I have never understood the draw of media day? #1 - it is HOT; #2 - it's our boys against each other; #3 - it is HOT; and #4 - it is HOT.

Regardless, some people enjoy it and there were plenty of folks in the stands. I was not one of them...see reasons 1-4 listed above.

Sorry I didn't post that it was coming up SFIA.

We scrimmage Ray on Saturday in CC and then Refugio at home the following week. :)

SintonFan_inAustin
08-09-2011, 05:18 PM
i think 1,3 and 4 is a good reason :) I'll see them this saturday.

MUSTANG69
08-09-2011, 05:34 PM
I've heard a lot of good things, but won't know if they are true until Sept 2nd. I'm looking forward to that day and will leave the rest to all of you that like to report on every minute detail.

Plus I have never understood the draw of media day? #1 - it is HOT; #2 - it's our boys against each other; #3 - it is HOT; and #4 - it is HOT.

Regardless, some people enjoy it and there were plenty of folks in the stands. I was not one of them...see reasons 1-4 listed above.

Sorry I didn't post that it was coming up SFIA.

We scrimmage Ray on Saturday in CC and then Refugio at home the following week. :)

Sinton should know something after these 2 scrimmages. They both are tough(especially Refugio). Good luck! I hope Sinton has a good showing in these scrimmages.

footballgal
08-10-2011, 02:01 PM

... Then Week 2 powerful Rio Hondo. Another Hondo to face. Talk about being in an arena against two lions. Whew!

... :(

http://956sports.com/2011/08/07/rio-hondo-2011/

SintonFan_inAustin
08-10-2011, 02:15 PM
http://956sports.com/2011/08/07/rio-hondo-2011/Sinton Pirates (http://www.kztv10.com/videos/two-a-day-tour-sinton-pirates-part-1/)

hollywood
08-10-2011, 02:21 PM

LOL... love the sarcasm in your break down of the schedule... at least I hope you're being sarcastic. If not, you need to peak your head out from behind sand dunes down there. :crazy: South Texas is not known for having powerhouse football, only a handful of exceptions.

ctown81
08-10-2011, 03:58 PM

I think this is just an attempt at sarcasm.

SintonFan
08-10-2011, 07:20 PM

Varsity
August 26 Open

Ingleside
Rockport Fulton (D1)
Sinton

GP did spring ball this year so by UIL rules they had to drop a scrimmage so they drop Ingleside and kept the Flour Bluff scrimmage, so Ingleside will be scrimmaging 5A Loredo Martin this saturday in Ingleside.

See what you did? You took a Sinton thread and made it an Ingledink thread... for shame!!!

MustangFootball
08-10-2011, 08:18 PM
See what you did? You took a Sinton thread and made it an Ingledink thread... for shame!!!

SF you know how us Ingledinks do it we're trying to take over the district, haven't you seen single white female or the roommate...we're trying to rub out the competition....LMAO :D

SintonFan
08-10-2011, 08:36 PM
I had my suspicions...:eek:

Blastoderm55
08-10-2011, 08:51 PM
Phil got two biters, back to back. :D

Gone Fishing
08-10-2011, 09:29 PM

Thats funny!!! Not even close to tough. Try this for tough in Wimberley - Scrimage Marble Falls(4A) and Lehman(5A) this week in a tri scrimage then Giddings in the second scrimage - then

Cureo
Dripping Springs (4A)
Laverna
Smithville ( ok alittle rest)
Sealy
Canyon Lake (970 students)
Navarro (quarter finalist last year)
Boerne (900 students)
Fredicksburg (980 students)
Bandera ( 875 students)

Thats a schedule and we love it, wish Smithville was just a little better so we could argue ours is the toughest in 3A. Yours is not and I repeat not tough.

Johnny Utah
08-10-2011, 10:43 PM
Ray is 4a and Rockport does not get in. Refugio will be really good!! But that is just a scrimmage.

MustangFootball
08-10-2011, 11:03 PM
Ray is 4a and Rockport does not get in. Refugio will be really good!! But that is just a scrimmage.

idk Johnny U Rockport looks very promising, if they can get this new system down by district play its gonna be a real fun year in district 30-3A but only time will tell.:thumbsup:

ctown81
08-11-2011, 09:53 AM
In my opinion Gilmer has the toughest schedule in 3A not including scrimmages. They have 3 home games and ALL 3 are against defending state champions. (carthage, Henderson, D-field). Also to make things worst they have a preseason game against Tatum, my pick to win the 2a title this year.

buckeyebob
08-12-2011, 05:15 AM
In my opinion Gilmer has the toughest schedule in 3A not including scrimmages. They have 3 home games and ALL 3 are against defending state champions. (carthage, Henderson, D-field). Also to make things worst they have a preseason game against Tatum, my pick to win the 2a title this year.

We have, in addition, pre-season against Liberty Eylau, 4A Jacksonville @ The Tomato Bowl, & Atlanta. We scimmage 4A Whitehouse tonight & New Boston (Dave rates #1 & Old Coach #6) next week - this will show if they are ready for the big time.
The Bucks will be introducing some new stuff this year...we will see how everyone responds to it...D.C. will be pulling hair.

pirate4state
08-12-2011, 09:06 AM
I can't believe people still fall for Phil's antics. I also can't believe Phil is still posting this crap.

Phil C
08-12-2011, 09:12 AM
I can't believe people still fall for Phil's antics. I also can't believe Phil is still posting this crap.

Say what?!

:eek:

Phil C
08-12-2011, 09:14 AM
Soon I will be posting the analysis of the UT football schedule which is the toughest in the Country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXuT07Ls-Ek

ctown81
08-12-2011, 10:48 AM
"I remember Hondo gave Freer a tough playoff game in 1959 and they did beat Sinton in a playoff a few years ago. Scary times indeed."

That line was LOL funny.

Phil C
08-13-2011, 09:29 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlVWArmysic