PDA

View Full Version : Cuero-land

Snotbubbles
08-07-2011, 08:52 AM
How is the Gob's looking early? Who they got at QB? RB? WR? Some big shoes to fill at those positions, but--I'm sure Owens can do it with the talent in that town.

Any new oilfield related transfers?

Pretty quite in Cueroland. Hope all is well?

SHSBulldog00
08-07-2011, 11:54 AM
Jackson should be healthy again at RB

lbjacj
08-07-2011, 12:02 PM
Jackson should be healthy again at RB

He's was kicked off the team.

SHSBulldog00
08-07-2011, 12:06 PM
He's was kicked off the team.:eek:

Snotbubbles
08-07-2011, 12:10 PM

Heard he's playing till it goes through the legal system. Court hearing might even be delayed until early 2012.

Blue42
08-07-2011, 07:13 PM
I think some of the wind has been taken out of the Gobbler’s fans sail due to the loss of Trent heck 2 years ago everyone would have thought that this would have been the year for the Gobblers with it being Trent’s last year and at that time Reeve’s grandson was standing in the wings ready to take over at QB.But as we all know things change and you put your best foot forward and move on. You may not hear a lot from the fans but the boys are pumped and working their butts off and will be ready for any team they face. We did not get any move ins from all the oilfield activity that I have seen but you will hear some new names this year and looking at the line we have some beef to push around.

bigwood33
08-07-2011, 07:42 PM
Another drug charge, right?

Snotbubbles
08-07-2011, 08:26 PM
I think some of the wind has been taken out of the Gobbler’s fans sail due to the loss of Trent heck 2 years ago everyone would have thought that this would have been the year for the Gobblers with it being Trent’s last year and at that time Reeve’s grandson was standing in the wings ready to take over at QB.But as we all know things change and you put your best foot forward and move on. You may not hear a lot from the fans but the boys are pumped and working their butts off and will be ready for any team they face. We did not get any move ins from all the oilfield activity that I have seen but you will hear some new names this year and looking at the line we have some beef to push around.

Thanks for Gobbler update Blue42, and getting all this in regards to TJ lined out. I work with a few Cuero backers, who stated they thought he was participating in 2/days. Your OL for sure will be a monster for teams to contend with. Regardless, TJ or whoever carries the ball will have some holes for sure, and the QB will have time. I don't see Cuero missing a beat. They are Cuero afterall.

unclebeebeep
08-07-2011, 09:11 PM
So who should be the big names to look out for in Gobbler land and who is going to be the QB running the show

Blue42
08-07-2011, 10:08 PM
I have not heard of Trent at anything and have not seen him at all .Look for Stoney at QB his dad is the offence coach very smart kid little small but has some speed .I would look for AJ running the ball very quick kid also very small then the Davis kid who played on varsity last year as a freshmen , but it is a little early we will see after the second scrimmage.

gobbla4life
08-07-2011, 10:52 PM
Ii was at the green and white scrimmage yesterday. The line is huge on both sides of the ball. One thing is for sure there is no shortage of talent. Like every year we will be ready for em whenever it counts.

BigGreen61
08-08-2011, 12:31 PM
The o-line will have scouts going crazy when they come to the games on fridays. They have Jr on the line that is a gem in the ruff.

44INAROW
08-08-2011, 02:40 PM
The o-line will have scouts going crazy when they come to the games on fridays. They have Jr on the line that is a gem in the ruff.
you know, this year reminds me of the 2004 season.. When our star RB, Latrael Cooper was injured in a career ending hit during a scrimmage @ Gregory Portland. We thought the season was over - and ended up going all the way to the state game, losing to Case Keenem's AW team on a last second field goal. We have a brutal pre-season and majority of it is on the road - we might be 0-4 after 4 games but we'll still be the Cuero Gobblers, fighting to the end.

BigGreen61
08-08-2011, 03:49 PM
Ur right 44

ccmom
08-08-2011, 04:23 PM
you know, this year reminds me of the 2004 season.. When our star RB, Latrael Cooper was injured in a career ending hit during a scrimmage @ Gregory Portland. We thought the season was over - and ended up going all the way to the state game, losing to Case Keenem's AW team on a last second field goal. We have a brutal pre-season and majority of it is on the road - we might be 0-4 after 4 games but we'll still be the Cuero Gobblers, fighting to the end.

Great post...and not just because I am fond of that season!! :clap::cheerl:

gobbla4life
08-08-2011, 08:09 PM
Make no mistake , we are still here and we will proudly play with the hand that is dealt to us. Our non district opponents are about as solid as they come. So we will be battle tested , that's for sure. Look for another great Gobbler season. GO MEAN GREEN !!!

gobbla4life
08-08-2011, 08:27 PM
One things for sure , we have a very tough non district. this will only make us better. You just gotta go out and play with the hand that's dealt to ya.