PDA

View Full Version : Feliz blows!!!

orange machine
08-06-2011, 10:36 PM
Another blown save, I think it's time to yank him from the closer spot. His fastball is nothing like it was last year and his breaking stuff doesn't break.

coach
08-06-2011, 11:18 PM
ignorant post....although he did blow the save....nelson dropped a ball....then the game tying hit would have been a routine play if we didnt have our infield drawn in. he hit 99 tonight and i think his shoulder bothered him earlier in the year and thats why his velocity has dropped a it. plus its kinda like the romo debate...yea remove him but for who? plus he is still pretty damn good and he showed that last night...

orange machine
08-06-2011, 11:30 PM
ignorant post....although he did blow the save....nelson dropped a ball....then the game tying hit would have been a routine play if we didnt have our infield drawn in. he hit 99 tonight and i think his shoulder bothered him earlier in the year and thats why his velocity has dropped a it. plus its kinda like the romo debate...yea remove him but for who? plus he is still pretty damn good and he showed that last night...
I was listening to the ticket the other day and they said they needed to take him out as the closer.

bigwood33
08-07-2011, 08:06 AM
I was listening to the ticket the other day and they said they needed to take him out as the closer.
Well, if the Ticket hosts think that he should be removed as the closer, then it MUST be so!
I don't necessarily disagree either.

poisoned10
08-07-2011, 11:41 AM

Luckily for Feliz, they don't control what happens in the Ranger's clubhouse.

bwdlionfan
08-07-2011, 11:44 AM
Luckily for Feliz, they don't control what happens in the Ranger's clubhouse.

How many saves did Feliz blow last year?

poisoned10
08-07-2011, 11:49 AM
How many saves did Feliz blow last year?

I don't know. And I wasn't arguing one way or the other.

He blew a 4-run lead in a game I went to last year against the Orioles. He gave up a 2-out grand slam to Corey Patterson.

orange machine
08-07-2011, 12:12 PM
Despite what some say he is not playing like he did last year. His fastball had movement and was hot. This year he is throwing around 96 most of the time which is fast, but the ball has no movement at all. He might hit 99 on a good day now ahem last year he was consistent at 99.

MesquiteFan
08-07-2011, 12:20 PM
I think Feliz will probably be this team's closer for better and for worse for the remainder of the season. If Nellie catches that ball deep in the alley, we aren't even having this discussion. Neftali is the best option in that role and has the most experience closing games. Last night, his offspeed stuff looked anemic but I still think he stays put in his current role.

orange machine
08-07-2011, 12:21 PM
By the way I like Feliz and I think he will be a dominate closer, but he needs to work on other pitches other than just having a fastball that is doing nothing and a awful breaking ball that doesn't break. Like Michael Young said the other day he would rather face a pitcher throwing gas a 98 vs a pitcher that has a great breaking ball with less heat. The scouting report on Feliz fastball everything else is junk.

orange machine
08-07-2011, 12:25 PM
I think Feliz will probably be this team's closer for better and for worse for the remainder of the season. If Nellie catches that ball deep in the alley, we aren't even having this discussion. Neftali is the best option in that role and has the most experience closing games. Last night, his offspeed stuff looked anemic but I still think he stays put in his current role.
I agree here, but his balls are getting smoked Nelli had to sprint to just get there. Feliz last year either struck the batter out or made them pop up this year batters are crushing tone ball when they make contact even if it's a fly ball out it's hit a mile.

ccmom
08-07-2011, 02:26 PM
Another blown save, I think it's time to yank him from the closer spot. His fastball is nothing like it was last year and his breaking stuff doesn't break.So who would you replace him with as the closer?

SintonFan_inAustin
08-07-2011, 03:18 PM
Feliz problem is like Tom Greive mention, LOCATION. Doesnt matter how fast its coming if its down the middle, if that ball is towards the outer part of the strike zone its a popup or strikeout. He is struggling to hit those spots.

coach
08-07-2011, 05:21 PM
tonights closer will be Adams due to the fact that Neftali has pitched 3 consecutive days.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-08-2011, 05:24 PM
tonights closer will be Adams due to the fact that Neftali has pitched 3 consecutive days. Adams doesn't have a 99 mph fastball but that cutter can be wicked.