PDA

View Full Version : Intrasquad scrimmages

Bambam
08-06-2011, 01:21 PM
OMG!!!!!!!! Watched Huffman scrimmage this morning and it was HOT! Huffman D quicker, faster, and more athletic than last year. Will NOT give up big time points like last year. Couple of transfers filling in some key positions that left last year. Offense struggled, (ya know D is always ahead of O at this point). Transfer from Barbers Hill, played QB the entire time and looked great. Has a canon for an arm and hits his targets! NOW after losing several big time receivers they will be hard pressed to find anyone as good! DID I TELL YOU IT WAS HOT!

SHSBulldog00
08-07-2011, 11:52 AM
Will ya'll be scrimmaging Sweeny again?

Bambam
08-08-2011, 06:56 AM
NO. Stafford and Orangefield!

trojandad
08-08-2011, 11:41 AM
i dont think you guys gave up a ton of pts last year....i think you made a good showing.....your best defense last year was having a ball control passing offense that kept other good offenses, like ours, on the sidelines....even though you guys had a good qb last year, i would have liked to have seen him be more patient....he seemed to get picked off when he gambled downfield rather than taking what the defense gave him....cant run a version of the west coast offense without patience from the qb....that barbers hill transfer doesnt need a cannon of an arm, he needs a cannon of a brain....last year you guys marched up and down the field on us taking the short options we were giving up, but lost the game on 3 int's when he risked throws unnecessarily downfield into coverage....

you guys have a system that can plug most players in and work well as long as personal egos dont get in the way....would be fun to meet up with you guys undefeated again.....good luck.....

Bambam
08-15-2011, 10:50 AM
Huffmans first scrimmage agains Stafford went fairly well. Offense moved the ball at will. Started the scrimmage off with a 50 yard completion and never really looked back. O-LINE is a big concern unless they get rid of the pill as quickly as they did against Stafford. Defensinvely Huffman FLIES to the football. They were a little over anxious tackling. Stafford had two big plays go for TD's on missed tackles and running into each other. THEY WILL HIT YOU!!!!!!!!
DEFENSE - C OFFENSE - C
Room for improvement on both sides of the ball. Not a bad first scrimmage. Man that offense is fun to watch! I believe I could catch a pass and go for some yards.

How did your scrimmage go?

TROJANDAD: The transfer QB from Huffman did exactly what you said. He took what the defense gave him, with the exceptions of two passes. One should have been picked but was completed for a big gain and the other was a unecessary throw into no mans land that was taken back to the house. They have some receivers that will go get the ball too

Old Tiger
08-15-2011, 10:51 AM
They said David Ash, true freshmen for the Longhorns, looked the best at their scrimmage.