PDA

View Full Version : Intrasquad Scrimmages

MesquiteFan
08-06-2011, 01:00 PM
Anybody else go to their team's intrasquad scrimmage this morning? Lucas Lovejoy had theirs at 10am. Very, very hot outside. They only went 45 minutes, but they looked good.

Roughneck93
08-06-2011, 01:19 PM
Went to Columbia's this morning @ 8:30. Team looked good. Nice hearing those pads pop. Media Day followed that with BBQ/auction...good stuff!

YTBulldogs
08-06-2011, 05:13 PM
Yoakum looked very good (fast) this morning. Speed all over the place. Very motivated and determined to right the ship of last year for sure.

You know you got something special when the players are bummed when it's over on a hot day. Great bunch, makes it fun to be around.

FB-fanatic
08-06-2011, 08:03 PM
Lorena had a good workout today - 7:00-10:00, which included intersquad scrimmage. Good things ahead.

Saggy Aggie
08-06-2011, 09:13 PM
Went to Columbia's this morning @ 8:30. Team looked good. Nice hearing those pads pop. Media Day followed that with BBQ/auction...good stuff! who's qb'n for the necks?

Roughneck93
08-06-2011, 09:37 PM
who's qb'n for the necks?

Had both Tyler Ince and Willis Johnson taking snaps. Not sure who they are going with. Be interesting to see how it plays out.

Saggy Aggie
08-06-2011, 09:41 PM
Had both Tyler Ince and Willis Johnson taking snaps. Not sure who they are going with. Be interesting to see how it plays out. I think Ince gives them the best chance to win games right now, being the backup last year, but with 10 or so games under his belt, I feel like Johnson has more potential to take them deep into the playoffs again.

Having said that, Johnson played safety last year. If he's gonna QB this year, who's gonna take his place on defense?

Roughneck93
08-06-2011, 09:50 PM
I think Ince gives them the best chance to win games right now, being the backup last year, but with 10 or so games under his belt, I feel like Johnson has more potential to take them deep into the playlets again.

Having said that, Johnson played safety last year. If he's gonna QB this year, who's gonna take his place on defense?

I agree. I think Tyler gets the nod because of his experience. But man, Willis can spin that ball. I'm thinking Willis stays at safety for now though. I tell you what though, the D looked nasty!

Saggy Aggie
08-06-2011, 09:54 PM
I agree. I think Tyler gets the nod because of his experience. But man, Willis can spin that ball. I'm thinking Willis stays at safety for now though. I tell you what though, the D looked nasty! I like our chances with Ince too. And I expect no less from the D. Got a lot of talent back there.

Roughneck93
08-06-2011, 10:03 PM
I like our chances with Ince too. And I expect no less from the D. Got a lot of talent back there.

Yes sir. Saw a lot of good things today. I'm looking forward to next Saturday. See what they do against Angleton. I was told at Media Day that next weeks scrimmage has been moved from 10am to 7pm. Guess to avoid the heat.

Necked
08-06-2011, 11:21 PM
A few years back they ran a dual QB system with Minks & Vernor, so I would not be surprised to see that happen, especially in non-district action. Willis could end up being one of the best safeties we've had, so you want him back there whenever possible, but I guess it will depend on how things pan out with Ince as to how much time Willis gets at QB. Ince had quite a knack for finding the end zone last year, his touches-to-TDs ratio was good, so I feel comfortable with him holding the reins starting out the season. I'm more concerned about the linemen depth. Last year our linemen were pretty banged up by the end of the year, so I'm hoping we have more depth to help spread out the load...

GrTigers6
08-07-2011, 08:32 AM
We scrimmaged at 7 last night. it was hot but the kids didnt seem to mind. the coaches gave them a break after each set of plays. and they scrimmaged till about 820 or so.