PDA

View Full Version : Giddings Ex. Brock Fitzhenry

hookandladder
08-05-2011, 07:57 AM
Saw in the paper this morning he is no longer on the Texas Football team, anyone have any info. on what's up with Brock.

RoyceTTU
08-05-2011, 08:17 AM
Saw in the paper this morning he is no longer on the Texas Football team, anyone have any info. on what's up with Brock.

Malcom Williams, Brock Fitzhenry, Patrick Nkwopara and Trey Graham all quit. I know Malcom seems to have some sort of personal issue but not sure on the others.

Emerson1
08-05-2011, 09:00 AM
Graham got a medical redshirt. He tore his ACL last fall.

RoyceTTU
08-05-2011, 09:28 AM
Graham got a medical redshirt. He tore his ACL last fall.

Sorry, your right

Phil C
08-05-2011, 09:44 AM
:( Bad news.

gtownfan
08-05-2011, 10:20 AM
Malcom Williams, Brock Fitzhenry, Patrick Nkwopara and Trey Graham all quit. I know Malcom seems to have some sort of personal issue but not sure on the others.

Paper said Brock was on schedule to graduate in August 2012 and would be on his scholarship till then. I know he struggled with knee issues since the Liberty Hill playoff game (I think he re-injured it his Freshman year), so maybe that's the issue. Pure speculation on my part.

1st and goal
08-05-2011, 12:54 PM
Last year, I saw some film of a practice (local TV) where he had caught a leaping pass in the endzone, was brutally tackled and looked up to see he had caught it out of bounds. He threw the ball down in disgust. That's all I know.

Roughneck93
08-05-2011, 01:14 PM
I was reading this article regarding Malcolm Williams not returning. About halfway through, it mentions Brock not returning as well. Doesn't give a reason though.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/6834683/senior-wr-malcolm-williams-leaves-longhorns-program

XMan
08-05-2011, 01:16 PM
Maybe he switched to baseball???

buff4ever
08-05-2011, 02:03 PM
That was almost funny XMAN, almost

Rabid Cougar
08-06-2011, 07:35 AM
Kids get tired of busting their a$$ and continue to be buried on the depth chart.

griff
08-06-2011, 08:22 AM
Kids get tired of busting their a$$ and continue to be buried on the depth chart.
Exactly, and that's why more kids should be counseled with more serious consideration that they might not get to play at a place like Texas.

Emerson1
08-06-2011, 08:51 AM
Exactly, and that's why more kids should be counseled with more serious consideration that they might not get to play at a place like Texas.
For how bad the WRs are he might have had a chance to play.

Buff42
08-06-2011, 09:58 AM

Complete and total waste of one of the most electrifying athletes of all time.

If you ever watched him on a Friday night, you know what I mean. IMO, he could have been All American under a different coach and maybe at another level (especially if he would have been cast as a tailback and not a wr), but who knows.

This is an example of Mack stockpiling talent he never intends to utilize just so other schools can't have them. This self-serving strategy is probably pretty effective short term, but in the long run it will be counter-productive because athletes want to play and not ride the pine.

If one of you tech types can tell me how to do it, I will post a couple of highlight videos. Which isn't really fair to him, as there is no way the video does his abilities justice.

eagles_victory
08-06-2011, 10:18 AM

If you ever watched him on a Friday night, you know what I mean. IMO, he could have been All American under a different coach and maybe at another level (especially if he would have been cast as a tailback and not a wr), but who knows.

This is an example of Mack stockpiling talent he never intends to utilize just so other schools can't have them. This self-serving strategy is probably pretty effective short term, but in the long run it will be counter-productive because athletes want to play and not ride the pine.

If one of you tech types can tell me how to do it, I will post a couple of highlight videos. Which isn't really fair to him, as there is no way the video does his abilities justice. Don't blame it on Mack.

rancher
08-06-2011, 10:24 AM
He was good against 3A level talent, but against those of the 5A and 4A level, he came back down to earth. At the D1 level, the game speeds up 10 fold. In my many yerars I have seen many good high school players not make it at the college level. There is also that mental aspect that changes from high school to college and the sudden amount of freedom you have. Maybe he would have been that star at a smaller school, things change when you hit the big time. Look at those who never make it in the pros.

Ernest T Bass
08-06-2011, 10:35 AM
Brock asked for a transfer. That's all I know.
Yes, kids and parents need to think long and hard before signing and try to keep from getting stars in their eyes about the D1 schools. The most impressed Ive ever been with a kid Ive coached came when he decided not to sign with a D1. Went against several D1 offers(all out of state) and went with Texas State. Everyone told him how dumb he was. His rationale; I seriously doubt Im going to the NFL, so I wanna go somewhere I'll be able to play and my parents can come watch me.

Rabid Cougar
08-06-2011, 10:37 AM
It is not just at Texas, it happens at all universities..even North Texas.

Rabid Cougar
08-06-2011, 10:39 AM
Yes, kids and parents need to think long and hard before signing and try to keep from getting stars in their eyes about the D1 schools. The most impressed Ive ever been with a kid Ive coached came when he decided not to sign with a D1. Went against several D1 offers(all out of state) and went with Texas State. Everyone told him how dumb he was. His rationale; I seriously doubt Im going to the NFL, so I wanna go somewhere I'll be able to play and my parents can come watch me.

or..like the QB from Cameron..just go be a student.

SHSBulldog00
08-07-2011, 11:51 AM
Good Luck to Brock in whatever he does!!!!

injuredinmelee
08-07-2011, 04:10 PM
mainly because they arent good enough...

1st and goal
08-07-2011, 04:56 PM
I'm going to try to stay on the high road and figure that his knee was never back to 100%. I watched pretty much his entire high school career and I can honestly say I can't remember a time he was ever caught from behind. He had that kind of speed combined with field vision and tenacity. He wasn't the biggest guy and I don't know how good his receiving talent was but he was a force once the ball was in his hands. If he had good hands, IMO, he could have been a Welker type receiver.

After watching some of t.u.'s disastrous season last year, I think there were times when Mack could've tried a ground pounding triple option run with him. At least a couple times each quarter. Give the O.L. a chance to go out and hit someone. Couldn't have done much worse.

I wish Brock the best. I also wish I could have seen him play in D1. I'm hoping that it was his knee, and not Mack, that kept him on the bench. After seeing the practice footage previously mentioned, I can only think it was the coaches that kept him off the field. I guess only Brock and his closest peeps truly know.

1st and goal
08-07-2011, 04:59 PM
If one of you tech types can tell me how to do it, I will post a couple of highlight videos. Which isn't really fair to him, as there is no way the video does his abilities justice.

If you create an account on Youtube, you can post video there. Then just copy and paste a link here that will go directly to the video.

1st and goal
08-07-2011, 05:01 PM

Good advice ETB.

Buff42
08-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Don't blame it on Mack.

I do blame Mack, but that's for a different thread. IMHO, he has squandered more talent, more money, and more fan support than any D1 coach in the history of the NCAA. Anyone who wants to start that thread- I'll put in my two cents.

eagles_victory
08-07-2011, 09:41 PM
I do blame Mack, but that's for a different thread. IMHO, he has squandered more talent, more money, and more fan support than any D1 coach in the history of the NCAA. Anyone who wants to start that thread- I'll put in my two cents. Seriously?

Buff42
08-07-2011, 09:44 PM
Seriously?Absolutely. Start another thread and let's debate it.

eagles_victory
08-07-2011, 10:49 PM
Absolutely. Start another thread and let's debate it. no thanks

hookandladder
08-08-2011, 06:42 AM
I watched Brock for 4 years, the kid had some talent for 3A ball. There is a big difference between 3A and 5A and then a huge difference at the next level. Would liked to have seen him play somewhere a little smaller, say Texas State or SHSU. Maybe he just wanted to go to Texas even if it was a long shot to ever get on the field, Good Luck to him in the future in whatever he decides to do.

Rule #76
08-08-2011, 01:49 PM
I watched Brock play many times while he was at Giddings, I also was able to watch him practice during spring ball at Texas, and the kid definitely has talent. To say they should've ran a triple option is ridiculous. To run that it has to be part of your offense and you have to rep it numerous times a day to get the timing. And to say that his knee wasn't a hundred percent since Liberty Hill game is also ridiculous. That was his Jr year and I'm pretty sure he looked just fine his Sr year minus the ankle injury late in the year. Lets not make excuses. I always wanted to see him on kick off or punt return. Might not of had the hands for punt return, but would've liked to have seen him on kick return. If he would've had good hands he could've been a great slot reciever, but the hands were inconsistent. Way too small to be a RB. Yes he was talented and extremely fast but if you go watch Texas practice then you will see they have guys just as fast or faster all over the place and most are bigger than him. I wish Brock well and who knows maybe he will pop up at another school to give it one last chance.

eagles_victory
08-08-2011, 01:56 PM
I'm going to try to stay on the high road and figure that his knee was never back to 100%. I watched pretty much his entire high school career and I can honestly say I can't remember a time he was ever caught from behind. He had that kind of speed combined with field vision and tenacity. He wasn't the biggest guy and I don't know how good his receiving talent was but he was a force once the ball was in his hands. If he had good hands, IMO, he could have been a Welker type receiver.

After watching some of t.u.'s disastrous season last year, I think there were times when Mack could've tried a ground pounding triple option run with him. At least a couple times each quarter. Give the O.L. a chance to go out and hit someone. Couldn't have done much worse.

I wish Brock the best. I also wish I could have seen him play in D1. I'm hoping that it was his knee, and not Mack, that kept him on the bench. After seeing the practice footage previously mentioned, I can only think it was the coaches that kept him off the field. I guess only Brock and his closest peeps truly know. When you drop a TU or an Aggy you might as well just quit typing right there because once you drop that everyone just looks at you like a homer idiot.

BreckTxLonghorn
08-08-2011, 02:03 PM
I'm going to try to stay on the high road.....

After watching some of t.u.'s.....

High road averted.

1st and goal
08-08-2011, 02:31 PM
When you drop a TU or an Aggy you might as well just quit typing right there because once you drop that everyone just looks at you like a homer idiot.
Pot calling the kettle black. Get off of me, I can have a team I prefer without going to walmart and buying a Tshirt.

eagles_victory
08-08-2011, 02:33 PM
Pot calling the kettle black. Get off of me, I can have a team I prefer without going to walmart and buying a Tshirt. Red ass in the building. Logic does not get through to you guys so I won't waste my time. How am I an idiot? I have never even talked to you on here so not sure where the pot calling kettle black is coming from?

Emerson1
08-08-2011, 03:33 PM
When you drop a TU or an Aggy you might as well just quit typing right there because once you drop that everyone just looks at you like a homer idiot.

Or the fact he used the term Wes Welker receiver.

1st and goal
08-08-2011, 06:56 PM
Or the fact he used the term Wes Welker receiver.
What???

Hey, on a lighter note, I didn't say sipper or anything like that!

eagles_victory
08-08-2011, 11:05 PM
What???

Hey, on a lighter note, I didn't say sipper or anything like that! It is nothing personal I hate all the terms like TU, tea sipper, but also hate the A&M ones like Aggy or BlowU or ZeroU. Just don't see how it adds anything other than childish name calling to the conversation.

Emerson1
08-09-2011, 12:12 AM
What???

You said he could have been a Wes Welker type receiver. That is one of the stupidest "analysis" anyone can make and it's completely racist.

bigwood33
08-09-2011, 05:50 AM
it's completely racist.
Wrong. It may be "completely racial" but it certainly isn't "racist". HUGE difference and that word is inaccurately used WAAAYY too often.

1st and goal
08-09-2011, 06:46 AM
You said he could have been a Wes Welker type receiver. That is one of the stupidest "analysis" anyone can make and it's completely racist.
Sorry if you took it that way. There was absolutely no racism intended. Not sure how you derive that. If you had half of Welker's money, you could throw all of yours away.

PS. We have ags and longhorns in the family. I care for both schools. But last year was still a disaster for horns.

Old Tiger
08-09-2011, 11:59 AM

If one of you tech types can tell me how to do it, I will post a couple of highlight videos. Which isn't really fair to him, as there is no way the video does his abilities justice.Huge jump from Friday nights to Saturday's....he probably couldn't adjust plus its pretty hard being a 5'8 WR.

WOS1
08-09-2011, 01:54 PM
I thought it was a mistake for him to go there when I first heard about it. He was a great athlete, but much of his success was due to the offense he was in. I always thought he was going to have trouble playing for texas with his size.

Someone mentioned Welker, no way Texas could have had him in mind when recruiting Brock. Not only did they have no idea what kind of hands he had, they don't even use that type of reciever in their offense, even when they were running The Spread. I thought they may have been recruiting him to play defensive back or something, but it never made sense to me and him accepting the offer made even less.

I hope he finishes his degree. He would make a fine Slot T coach in highschool somewhere.

hookandladder
08-09-2011, 03:17 PM
I thought it was a mistake for him to go there when I first heard about it. He was a great athlete, but much of his success was due to the offense he was in. I always thought he was going to have trouble playing for texas with his size.

Someone mentioned Welker, no way Texas could have had him in mind when recruiting Brock. Not only did they have no idea what kind of hands he had, they don't even use that type of reciever in their offense, even when they were running The Spread. I thought they may have been recruiting him to play defensive back or something, but it never made sense to me and him accepting the offer made even less.

I hope he finishes his degree. He would make a fine Slot T coach in highschool somewhere.

I would have to agree totally, he could have been fun to watch at a smaller school. You have to really look hard to see where you fit at each college, Brock was fighting an uphill battle.

gtownfan
08-09-2011, 03:20 PM
I would have to agree totally, he could have been fun to watch at a smaller school. You have to really look hard to see where you fit at each college, Brock was fighting an uphill battle.

Ditto! Got the Glenn kid now that is getting some attention from the scouts and I hope he learns from Brock's lead.