PDA

View Full Version : Round 1: La Grange v Columbus

Pudlugger
11-09-2002, 09:19 AM
This should be a great game. Columbus is playing good football and comes off an impressive victory over Navasota won on the road no less. Anderle has been sharp on his passing game so La Grange's offense has more versatility than ever this year. Columbus will have to respect the pass and that means they can't put 8 guys in the box and stack the mlbs on the line like Sealy tried in game 3. Since then Coach V has really developed the Leopard offense into a more balanced attack and they have had much success with it.

Columbus had the fewest points allowed in D23, 114 this year so they are tough defensively. Columbus also had the second lowest points scored in their district 151, ahead of Hempstead. La Grange has put up some points this season, 303, best in D24 with Elgin second at 251. If both teams show up with their best games as they should at play-off level, it will be exciting. I'll say La Grange 17 Columbus 7. :cool:

bulldawg89
11-09-2002, 07:45 PM
Does La Grange still have LB Josh Johnson? If so, how is he doing?

Pudlugger
11-09-2002, 09:04 PM
bulldawg89:
Does La Grange still have LB Josh Johnson? If so, how is he doing?Yes he is making a big contribution to the defense this year. I expect he will be all district and depending on how we do in the playoffs, all state. I might add he is not our only outstanding MLB,we have three. We have him and #68 Krause, a jr. and # 10 Calloway, a sr. The LG D is one of the best in 3a. This defense is starting to perform as well as last year's, which is saying alot. :cool:

Pudlugger
11-09-2002, 09:06 PM
sorry, nm

<small>[ November 09, 2002, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>