PDA

View Full Version : WOS vs Giddings

Gsquared
08-05-2011, 06:50 AM
Saturday 9/24, anybody know what time? Ill be down there anyway on Friday for Wimberley at Sealy, figured id stay and go see the Stangs and Buffs.

Matthew328
08-05-2011, 06:58 AM
Saturday 9/24, anybody know what time? Ill be down there anyway on Friday for Wimberley at Sealy, figured id stay and go see the Stangs and Buffs.

6pm in Conroe

Gsquared
08-05-2011, 07:01 AM
6pm in Conroe
Hmmm, and whats the name of the stadium in Conroe? If its the same one im thinkin of, im definatly there!

HEMOTOXIC
08-05-2011, 07:54 AM
Hmmm, and whats the name of the stadium in Conroe? If its the same one im thinkin of, im definatly there!

Buddy Moorhead or Woodforest (newest stadium- Conroe ISD located in Shennadoah)

Gsquared
08-05-2011, 07:57 AM
Buddy Moorhead or Woodforest (newest stadium- Conroe ISD located in Shennadoah)
Game is at Moorhead.

GUNHO
08-05-2011, 10:06 AM

WO-S will have a new look this year...going to get back to their running game more, but unlike most running teams wo-s will not abandon the pass.The move I think is to help rest the defense more.

Gsquared
08-05-2011, 10:09 AM
WO-S will have a new look this year...going to get back to their running game more, but unlike most running teams wo-s will not abandon the pass.The move I think is to help rest the defense more.
Sweet! Love seeing a team able to dominate on the ground.

gtownfan
08-05-2011, 10:14 AM

Buffs will have a new look also! No more 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Hear we might actually pass the ball. Really looking forward to that first scrimmage to get an idea of what we will do and have.

Gsquared
08-05-2011, 10:20 AM
Buffs will have a new look also! No more 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Hear we might actually pass the ball. Really looking forward to that first scrimmage to get an idea of what we will do and have.
Who yall got first scrimmage?

gtownfan
08-05-2011, 10:22 AM
Who yall got first scrimmage?

Columbus

1st and goal
08-07-2011, 05:09 PM
I think this has the makings of a great game.

We also scrimmage Wimberley.

Additup
08-07-2011, 08:31 PM
3 times 4 = 1st down...hope y'all didn't throw out the wins with the dust cloud. I promise that ALL of your opponents are glad about your new look even more than you are.

trojandad
08-07-2011, 11:01 PM

will you be going to that scrimmage?

Gsquared
08-08-2011, 06:23 AM

I hope so!

1st and goal
08-08-2011, 08:04 AM
will you be going to that scrimmage?
I"m not sure.

trojandad
08-08-2011, 09:44 AM
I"m not sure.

i hope you do....would sure like hearing how someone outside of wimberley sees their team this year....especially since im hearing good things about giddings this year, should be a good opponent for them this early.....

1st and goal
08-08-2011, 12:24 PM
Last year we scrimmaged in Wimberley(there) so maybe this one is in Giddings. I was told after last years scrimmage that Wim. didn't field their star and that we "pushed em around pretty bad". Then, ole Wimberley must have opened the floodgates of talent during the season and pretty much kicked some booty until the Coldspring game. Wondering if that happens again this year?

Go figure....scrimmages are just scrimmages

Sportshack
08-08-2011, 03:39 PM

What type of offense? I heard other day that Giddings was going to Slot-T. Must have been bad info cuz the Slot-T is the mother of all 3 yards and a cloud of dust offenses.

gtownfan
08-08-2011, 04:49 PM
What type of offense? I heard other day that Giddings was going to Slot-T. Must have been bad info cuz the Slot-T is the mother of all 3 yards and a cloud of dust offenses.

Haven't seen them yet, missed the intra squad scrimmage the other day. Heard the ball was in the air a lot and the new quarterback (backup last year) has a pretty good arm. Last years QB is a wide receiver now.

Heard there were some scouts there checking out the Glenn kid also.

1st and goal
08-10-2011, 08:16 PM
When our new coach (Jones) was being interviewed, he said something like he can field a running offense or a passing o. It depends on the talents of his athletes. He has coached (I believe) as an assistant in Sinton, head coach in Texas City and Refugio so he has success in his background. Now that we have a Sinton connection, I'm hopin P4S will spread a little love our way.
:)

GiddingsFan
08-11-2011, 01:52 PM
3-7 his last season at Post.. 2A.. He was in LaMarque for a short while before that.

WOS1
08-13-2011, 03:21 PM
I know Toby Foreman from WO-S was a finalist for the Giddings job and he is a Spread guy. He said they were wanting to get more balanced.

1st and goal
08-13-2011, 09:43 PM
When our new coach (Jones) was being interviewed, he said something like he can field a running offense or a passing o. It depends on the talents of his athletes. He has coached (I believe) as an assistant in Sinton, head coach in Texas City and Refugio so he has success in his background. Now that we have a Sinton connection, I'm hopin P4S will spread a little love our way.
:)

My bad, NOT Texas City but LaMarque instead 1 season.

WOS1
08-17-2011, 08:39 AM
Guys, I was just informed that this game has been moved to Bowers Stadium in Huntsville. Same date and time. I do not know the reason.

Gsquared
08-17-2011, 08:48 AM
Guys, I was just informed that this game has been moved to Bowers Stadium in Huntsville. Same date and time. I do not know the reason.
Good deal. Guess its gonna be a Mt. Zion day!

trojandad
08-17-2011, 08:55 AM

wos1, how does it look to you that the coaching change is going? any big changes to note?

Matthew328
08-17-2011, 09:16 AM
I'll still be there regardless...pre-game at Buc-ee's!

Matthew328
08-17-2011, 10:16 AM
Game was moved because stadium rent at Bowers was cheaper...

Gsquared
08-17-2011, 10:22 AM
Game was moved because stadium rent at Bowers was cheaper...
Church of Holy Smoke before the game! I like Buc-ees in Madisonville on my way back up. Jerkey, coffee, diet coke, and sunflower seeds. Always speeds the drive up.

Matthew328
08-17-2011, 10:50 AM
Church of Holy Smoke before the game! I like Buc-ees in Madisonville on my way back up. Jerkey, coffee, diet coke, and sunflower seeds. Always speeds the drive up.

I think Buc-ee's puts crack in their Root Beer.

Gsquared
08-17-2011, 10:52 AM
I think Buc-ee's puts crack in their Root Beer.
Never had thier root beer but I guess ill be tryin it now. Nothing wrong with crack in moderation. Everything in moderation is ok. Well, cept for oxygen.

1st and goal
08-17-2011, 12:30 PM
you guys crack me up!

Gsquared
08-18-2011, 08:26 AM
How bout a M&G at Mt. Zion before the game?

Tejastrue
08-18-2011, 11:39 PM
i hope you do....would sure like hearing how someone outside of wimberley sees their team this year....especially since im hearing good things about giddings this year, should be a good opponent for them this early.....

TD, can you ask the same people what they thought of the scrimmage? :)

trojandad
08-18-2011, 11:47 PM
TD, can you ask the same people what they thought of the scrimmage? :)

am having lunch with one of them tomorrow, lord willing...ill ask him....im curious too....will let you know, for sure.....

Tejastrue
08-18-2011, 11:53 PM
am having lunch with one of them tomorrow, lord willing...ill ask him....im curious too....will let you know, for sure.....

Thanks TD, I was there but would like to hear their take.

Tejastrue
08-19-2011, 08:34 PM

How was lunch? :wave:

trojandad
08-20-2011, 08:19 AM
How was lunch? :wave:

so sorry, tejas, we missed each other at lunch and he wanted to rescedule for dinner but i told him not unless he told me how he thought you guys looked...heres a copy from his email....

It was easy to see their coach was trying combinations, Everybody looked way out of synch. They have an ILB that is absolutely going to be their leader. Offensive line looked as pourous as it did against us, just much more to be expected at this time of year. We are substantially ahead of them right now but we have a simpler system to get ready earlier. I think I just caught them on a bad day, they'll be ready, they have too many bodies not to be.

dont take offense, hes a homer and was talkin to a bud not expectin it to be posted.....from everything i heard its a good scrimmage to throw away....

Tejastrue
08-20-2011, 12:43 PM
so sorry, tejas, we missed each other at lunch and he wanted to rescedule for dinner but i told him not unless he told me how he thought you guys looked...heres a copy from his email....

It was easy to see their coach was trying combinations, Everybody looked way out of synch. They have an ILB that is absolutely going to be their leader. Offensive line looked as pourous as it did against us, just much more to be expected at this time of year. We are substantially ahead of them right now but we have a simpler system to get ready earlier. I think I just caught them on a bad day, they'll be ready, they have too many bodies not to be.

dont take offense, hes a homer and was talkin to a bud not expectin it to be posted.....from everything i heard its a good scrimmage to throw away....

I believe his comments were a fair analysis. Funny thing, the young man who many believe is our best ILB was on the sidelines in shorts. I'm concerned that our QB may be too in love with the primary receiver. Our line was better this week but he's right, if we don't improve we'll have the same results should we meet again in the semis.

trojandad
08-20-2011, 03:58 PM
I believe his comments were a fair analysis. Funny thing, the young man who many believe is our best ILB was on the sidelines in shorts. I'm concerned that our QB may be too in love with the primary receiver. Our line was better this week but he's right, if we don't improve we'll have the same results should we meet again in the semis.

he seemed to do that last year against us....being a former qb myself you can tell when a qb falls in love with a receiver or even just a pattern that he likes throwing, that he feels he can throw away from the defender and feels safe with it, and hell stare that one down until it comes open....as i said after the carthage game, if he had just let it rip against us and let his receivers do the work, sometimes they can beat their men, its just a risk at qb hes gotta take sometimes...he just has to figure out in the tape room where the risks are better and where they are worse...im sure hell be fine after another season to work out the bugs.....

WOS1
08-21-2011, 09:57 AM
wos1, how does it look to you that the coaching change is going? any big changes to note?

I think the coaching change is going OK. Really nothing different except titles changing. Cornel still does the same things he was doing before. And , I know he is very happy with his coaching staff. The biggest issue I see is with the offense. The "I" im not sure is suited for our talent. We got down 17-0 in our game scrimmage with Vidor when the new OC decided to adbandon the "I" for the Pistol and we started moving the ball at will. Went in the half down 17-3. Ran the Pistol in the 2nd half and ended up winning 20-17. So I'm hoping we are not going to be stubborn and force the issue on the "I", but you never know. We are a different team offensively in the Pistol.

Defense will be good if we can keep everyone healthy. We are banged up right now and thought we were going to lose our Sam LB for the season with an ACL, but he had an MRI that showed just a strain so he should be back in a week or two. We have given up some points in our scrimmages, but I know Cornel doesn't game plan for a scrimmage so that really doesn't worry me. In both, we gave all the points up early then didn't give up anything after the first two or three series.

Again, we will be OK if we can get healthy. Several lineman (which is much bigger than normal) and key defensive players are pretty banged up.

trojandad
08-21-2011, 01:47 PM
I think the coaching change is going OK. Really nothing different except titles changing. Cornel still does the same things he was doing before. And , I know he is very happy with his coaching staff. The biggest issue I see is with the offense. The "I" im not sure is suited for our talent. We got down 17-0 in our game scrimmage with Vidor when the new OC decided to adbandon the "I" for the Pistol and we started moving the ball at will. Went in the half down 17-3. Ran the Pistol in the 2nd half and ended up winning 20-17. So I'm hoping we are not going to be stubborn and force the issue on the "I", but you never know. We are a different team offensively in the Pistol.

Defense will be good if we can keep everyone healthy. We are banged up right now and thought we were going to lose our Sam LB for the season with an ACL, but he had an MRI that showed just a strain so he should be back in a week or two. We have given up some points in our scrimmages, but I know Cornel doesn't game plan for a scrimmage so that really doesn't worry me. In both, we gave all the points up early then didn't give up anything after the first two or three series.

Again, we will be OK if we can get healthy. Several lineman (which is much bigger than normal) and key defensive players are pretty banged up.

thanks for the update, 87 hasnt said a word and i was clueless...thanks for ducking in and saying hey....