PDA

View Full Version : Kingwood

turbostud
08-04-2011, 09:31 PM
Gonna be working in Kingwood for the next couple of months. Whats the scoop on the football teams in the area? Anyone got suggestions on must see games?

Bambam
08-04-2011, 09:38 PM
Atascocita and Kingwood always provide a good game. Cross town rivals with kids that have grown up playing in HFL or KFL. Kingwood wins this one against an undisciplined Atascocita Eagle team. I would also get over to Turner and watch Humble play. They are very athletic and will go deep into the playoffs. So, Kingwood, Atascocita, Kingwood Park, Humble all play at Turner stadium. You can also get across the bridge and watch Huffman play. There you go!

turbostud
08-04-2011, 10:47 PM
Cool thanx.

mwynn05
08-04-2011, 10:58 PM
just moved to kingwood... like it so far. The 4a district is Kingwood Park, Humble, Porter, New Caney, Huntsville. Caney Creek, and Willis

Saggy Aggie
08-05-2011, 02:04 AM
just moved to kingwood... like it so far. The 4a district is Kingwood Park, Humble, Porter, New Caney, Huntsville. Caney Creek, and Willis my mom just moved to kingwood and my little brother is going to be going to porter, I think. Nice town. I don't know much about the teams though.

ronwx5x
08-05-2011, 06:27 AM
Gonna be working in Kingwood for the next couple of months. Whats the scoop on the football teams in the area? Anyone got suggestions on must see games?

Not very far to go watch Coldspring!

mwynn05
08-05-2011, 10:02 AM
well I have a kingwood address... I dont live in real kingwood... that's out of my league lol

Gsquared
08-05-2011, 10:05 AM
well I have a kingwood address... I dont live in real kingwood... that's out of my league lol
I was about to say dang man, your movin up big time since I saw you last!

turbostud
08-05-2011, 11:22 AM
yea the first thing I noticed was the golf courses and manicured lawns. Everything looks very new and expensive.

mwynn05
08-05-2011, 02:19 PM
its going to annoy you at first trying to find thing because if you dont know where something is you cant really find it because its hidden back behind the trees and everything looks the same... and the traffic is HORRIBLE at times from what i have seen... from 59 there are 2 2-lane roads in and 2 out

griff
08-06-2011, 06:02 PM
When you talk with people inside Kingwood, don't bother telling them what subdivision you live in. Just tell them you live in Kingwood and you'll be "approved." People who live in this community are very supportive of each other. Also, they hate the fact that it was annexed into Houston. Most built/moved into this area to be away from Houston. Whenever there is a city bond issue or something similar on the ballot, Kingwood folk vote in block at about 80% against whatever the issue is. You can still see some "Save Kingwood" stickers around the area even 15 years after the consolidation. It's a nice, clean community to live in, and close enough to the airport and the big city to make it convenient. Welcome to the area.

mwynn05
08-07-2011, 02:08 AM
Really like it so far looking forward to checking out a little more.