PDA

View Full Version : Carthage Bull Dogs are at it again.

cowboyandchrist
08-04-2011, 05:37 PM
Scouting report on the Carthage Bull Dogs : very big, very strong, and very very fast again. New Q/B will take time to jell.

zebrablue2
08-04-2011, 06:27 PM
Scouting report on the Carthage Bull Dogs : very big, very strong, and very very fast again. New Q/B will take time to jell.

they have something in the water up there! I wish them all the best! all will be shooting for them!!!

MGAR
08-04-2011, 09:49 PM
they have something in the water up there! I wish them all the best! all will be shooting for them!!!

Nothing in the water... They have been crappy before coach got there.

poisoned10
08-04-2011, 10:01 PM
:sleeping:

MGAR
08-04-2011, 10:05 PM
:sleeping:

Sleeping is what Gilmer did in the playoffs... haha

Txbroadcaster
08-04-2011, 10:17 PM
Nothing in the water... They have been crappy before coach got there.

yes..but they had a ton of success in 4A..and even the bad teams u never watched them and thought man they have no talent..they always had good size, good speed and a stud RB in the pipeline

poisoned10
08-04-2011, 10:23 PM
Sleeping is what Gilmer did in the playoffs... haha

If we can sleep our way into the 3rd round, imagine what Gilmer could have done if they were awake?

buckeyebob
08-05-2011, 05:33 AM
If we can sleep our way into the 3rd round, imagine what Gilmer could have done if they were awake?

http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/12795/smiley-face-groupwave.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

cowboyandchrist
08-05-2011, 05:34 PM
I hope you wake up before it is 50 to 0 this year. If your D is not any better than last year, it will be a long night for the buckeyes. The Dogs look like they were in good shape and have worked out during the summer.

poisoned10
08-05-2011, 07:13 PM
I hope you wake up before it is 50 to 0 this year. If your D is not any better than last year, it will be a long night for the buckeyes. The Dogs look like they were in good shape and have worked out during the summer.
http://jammcoaching.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/mr-bill-ohh-nooo1-217x300.jpg

waterboy
08-06-2011, 11:25 AM
After two straight losses to the Dawgs, I think this is the year the Buckeyes will beat them. The timing was optimal last year for the Dawgs to beat the Buckeyes. Gilmer had eight starters out in that game, and just didn't have the depth to compete with them. This year will be different, in my opinion. The Buckeyes finally get to play them at Buckeye Stadium in front of an overflow crowd. I'll guarantee there will be in excess of 8,000 at this game, and the Buckeyes WILL be ready. Getcha popcorn ready!

zebrablue2
08-06-2011, 03:07 PM
After two straight losses to the Dawgs, I think this is the year the Buckeyes will beat them. The timing was optimal last year for the Dawgs to beat the Buckeyes. Gilmer had eight starters out in that game, and just didn't have the depth to compete with them. This year will be different, in my opinion. The Buckeyes finally get to play them at Buckeye Stadium in front of an overflow crowd. I'll guarantee there will be in excess of 8,000 at this game, and the Buckeyes WILL be ready. Getcha popcorn ready!

:1popcorn:

buckeyebob
08-06-2011, 05:59 PM

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-score010.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

cowboyandchrist
08-14-2011, 07:14 PM
Up date on the Dawgs. The Dawgs scrimmaged 4a Kilgore Saturday. Each team scored 2 td and when they played live quarter Kilgore won 17 to 14.
Very good scrimmage with both teams playing many players. The tail back from Kilgore which has committed to TCU is the real deal. Carthage has three QB and two of them look good. The O line is big and quick. Defense played well but allowed two long TD runs. It was a good first scrimmage but a hole lot of work needs to be done to get better. All in all I would say they are on the same pace they were last year. I don't know if they have enough to repeat but they will be in the hunt.

db1980
08-15-2011, 02:51 PM

It didn't matter who played or not, The Dawgs were hitting them so hard they were coughing up the ball everytime they touched it. That game was over at halftime 31-7. The buckeyes did look good against some 2nd and 3rd stringers though in the 4th qtr.

this is from Gilmer's own paper online. http://gilmermirror.com/view/full_story/9994491/article-Carthage-dominates-Buckeyes?instance=home_news_bullets

trojandad
08-15-2011, 03:22 PM
my evaluation of carthage is whoever is coaching the offensive line there is underpaid.....the o-line was BY FAR the best part of their team that beat us last year....they werent the best run blocking line i saw but morgan could throw what he threw because he didnt even get breathed upon...they held out a great d-line of ours completely, when we had a record of getting sacks and hurries all year long....their o -line was beyond great...anyone they line up behind that line will get yards.....id love to know who coaches that line.....

MGAR
08-15-2011, 03:26 PM
They have always had good OL... This year will be no different.

Big boy and I mean really big boy is committed to OSU.

trojandad
08-15-2011, 03:30 PM
They have always had good OL... This year will be no different.

Big boy and I mean really big boy is committed to OSU.

maybe, but in my opinion if it just came down to having the baddest boys on the o-line, they would have been able to clear us out on run blocking, too, and they didnt have a good day running against us....pass blocking means great coaching....they were the absolute best at pass blocking......

MGAR
08-15-2011, 03:35 PM
maybe, but in my opinion if it just came down to having the baddest boys on the o-line, they would have been able to clear us out on run blocking, too, and they didnt have a good day running against us....pass blocking means great coaching....they were the absolute best at pass blocking......

Surratt does a good job taking what the other team gives.... Against y'all it happened to be through the air for almost 400 yards passing. The week before happen to be on the ground with close to 320 yards rushing.

trojandad
08-15-2011, 03:42 PM
Surratt does a good job taking what the other team gives.... Against y'all it happened to be through the air for almost 400 yards passing. The week before happen to be on the ground with close to 320 yards rushing.

well if wimberley would have given their qb the kind of protection you guys gave morgan, they would have had 400 yds against us too....their scheme didnt keep our d-line out....you guys tried to run against us and couldnt....but we rushed morgan with the same guys that had gotten sacks all year and couldnt even get close enough to him to take a picture....he didnt have to look over his shoulder like wimbo's qb had to....would have been a completely different story against you guys, but your o-line pass blocking was just THAT much better.....if your saying y'all could have gotten 300 yds rushing against us if coach had decided to, i just dont buy that, he decided to do that in the second half against us and couldnt....just like your o-line was your strength, our d-line was the best against the rush i saw all year......but when you think about it, that was practically all they practiced against all year.....

maybe im wrong, but i see the strength of your team BY FAR being your pass blocking.....but then i only hve one game experience with that....sure wish we woulda won that silly game year before last against lorena so we could have had two swipes at you guys.....oh well.....

MGAR
08-15-2011, 04:02 PM
lol yea your wrong... Hardly my team... To be honest with you I can't stand them lol..

oldtownag
08-15-2011, 04:58 PM
well if wimberley would have given their qb the kind of protection you guys gave morgan, they would have had 400 yds against us too....their scheme didnt keep our d-line out....you guys tried to run against us and couldnt....but we rushed morgan with the same guys that had gotten sacks all year and couldnt even get close enough to him to take a picture....he didnt have to look over his shoulder like wimbo's qb had to....would have been a completely different story against you guys, but your o-line pass blocking was just THAT much better.....if your saying y'all could have gotten 300 yds rushing against us if coach had decided to, i just dont buy that, he decided to do that in the second half against us and couldnt....just like your o-line was your strength, our d-line was the best against the rush i saw all year......but when you think about it, that was practically all they practiced against all year.....

maybe im wrong, but i see the strength of your team BY FAR being your pass blocking.....but then i only hve one game experience with that....sure wish we woulda won that silly game year before last against lorena so we could have had two swipes at you guys.....oh well.....

I think what MGAR was saying is that the running game was what worked against Brownwood so that is what Carthage took. Against you guys the pass worked and Carthage was happy to pass the ball. They are a very balanced offense and you can't sell out to stop one aspect.

MGAR
08-15-2011, 05:09 PM
I think what MGAR was saying is that the running game was what worked against Brownwood so that is what Carthage took. Against you guys the pass worked and Carthage was happy to pass the ball. They are a very balanced offense and you can't sell out to stop one aspect.

Yes this...

Also, something tells me that Carthage wouldn't of had no trouble running the ball against anyone..

trojandad
08-15-2011, 06:22 PM
lol yea your wrong... Hardly my team... To be honest with you I can't stand them lol..

sorry about that, my bad....

as far as the balanced part, maybe they are, i didnt see it....i dont think they had what it took to put 300 yds rushing on us as against brownwood, even if they decided to....i think they did what they could do, protect the passer, perfectly i might add......but who knows, maybe im way off.....wouldnt be the first time....

oldtownag
08-15-2011, 09:59 PM
sorry about that, my bad....

as far as the balanced part, maybe they are, i didnt see it....i dont think they had what it took to put 300 yds rushing on us as against brownwood, even if they decided to....i think they did what they could do, protect the passer, perfectly i might add......but who knows, maybe im way off.....wouldnt be the first time....

You are right. I think yall were stronger vs. run so we passed. It is just smart to take the easy road!

trojandad
08-15-2011, 10:04 PM
and a good job you did.....

can anyone from carthage tell me if the coach that went to jasper is any relation to last years qb?

oldtownag
08-16-2011, 07:39 AM
and a good job you did.....

can anyone from carthage tell me if the coach that went to jasper is any relation to last years qb?

Not related.

j_dog
08-16-2011, 01:12 PM
well if wimberley would have given their qb the kind of protection you guys gave morgan, they would have had 400 yds against us too....their scheme didnt keep our d-line out....----..
From what I saw of Morgan two years ago against Jasper, he needed very little protection. Jasper did put some good pressure on him. He killed Jasper running out of the pocket. Any ordinary QB, Jasper would have had them dead. But time after time, he turned disaster into long gains with his scrambling and his arm. Not sure it would have helped CS much even if they had been able to flush him out of the pocket.

oldtownag
08-16-2011, 04:25 PM
From what I saw of Morgan two years ago against Jasper, he needed very little protection. Jasper did put some good pressure on him. He killed Jasper running out of the pocket. Any ordinary QB, Jasper would have had them dead. But time after time, he turned disaster into long gains with his scrambling and his arm. Not sure it would have helped CS much even if they had been able to flush him out of the pocket.

Most of the year the coaches refused to let Morgan run to protect him. They removed the reigns from him during the playoffs and he killed Argyle on a couple of possessions.

Saggy Aggie
08-16-2011, 04:37 PM
Maybe this is racist, but am I the only one who was surprised to find out that Morgan and the running back were white (or at least partially white, in morgan's case)?

I hadn't seen them all year, and then when I saw the championship game, that blew me away lol

oldtownag
08-16-2011, 08:42 PM
Maybe this is racist, but am I the only one who was surprised to find out that Morgan and the running back were white (or at least partially white, in morgan's case)?
I hadn't seen them all year, and then when I saw the championship game, that blew me away lol

You are right. That does seem racist. BTW... Morgan is 100% pasty white. Hunter Holland was the 1st white RB from Carthage probably since integration.

waterboy
08-17-2011, 08:12 AM
It didn't matter who played or not, The Dawgs were hitting them so hard they were coughing up the ball everytime they touched it. That game was over at halftime 31-7. The buckeyes did look good against some 2nd and 3rd stringers though in the 4th qtr.

this is from Gilmer's own paper online. http://gilmermirror.com/view/full_story/9994491/article-Carthage-dominates-Buckeyes?instance=home_news_bullets
It didn't take much for the Buckeyes to cough up the ball last year, lol. They turned the ball over 5 or more times in at least 4 games. Carthage didn't hit us any harder than any other team, in my opinion. That game was over once the TOs began, for sure, and I don't think we could've beaten Carthage with everybody healthy in that game. I'm hoping for a healthier and less turnover-prone Buckeye team this year. If these two things don't plague us this year, I'm thinking we have a very good chance at winning district 16-3A......home of 5 of the last 6 state champions.

cowboyandchrist
08-20-2011, 06:20 AM
After the 4a Kilgore scrimmage I thought Carthage was close to looking like last year at the start of the season, but after how well 2a Tatum scrimmaged Kilgore last night I am not sure. Tatums front seven may be as good as the 05 team and could be why they did so well. Carthage will need to improve a lot if they want to make another long run and repete. As it stands after two scrimmages Gilmere and Carthage look even and Henderson looks to be the front runner in the district.