PDA

View Full Version : This is why I hate the National Sports Media

Txbroadcaster
08-03-2011, 11:30 AM
Jason Garrett said the rookies had to earn their star and until that moment would have just helmets no star...ESPN and others talking about how rah rah and collegeesque that is and does not work in NFL...yet Bill Parcells did that every year he was a HC...yet he was a master motivator...this is why I always say look past the perception of what the experts say

Emerson1
08-03-2011, 12:51 PM
I'm sure farmersfan will use that in an argument at some point.

Farmersfan
08-03-2011, 02:36 PM
I'm sure farmersfan will use that in an argument at some point.

You are probably right! That and the fact that you are so biased that you actually think you are better informed than the national media is about the way of things. I know Emerson1 out of Forney Tx is one well informed dude but I hardly think he has had 1/10000000000000 of the exposure to the NFL that the ESPN guys have had. And I am thinking this was the ESPN writers very polite way of saying that the Silver Star on the Cowboy's helmet is so insignificant these days that using it as a motivational tool is a act of silliness by J. Garrett.

Txbroadcaster
08-03-2011, 07:49 PM
You are probably right! That and the fact that you are so biased that you actually think you are better informed than the national media is about the way of things. I know Emerson1 out of Forney Tx is one well informed dude but I hardly think he has had 1/10000000000000 of the exposure to the NFL that the ESPN guys have had. And I am thinking this was the ESPN writers very polite way of saying that the Silver Star on the Cowboy's helmet is so insignificant these days that using it as a motivational tool is a act of silliness by J. Garrett.

wow FF what a reach..had nothing to do with the team..if the team was so insignificant how does the team still draw the most ratings when they are on? ..they were saying any coach using it was bush league..again that means they are saying coaches like Parcells and Walsh were bush league as well

mwynn05
08-03-2011, 08:09 PM
ive never known the cowboys to have a silver star on their helmet

BaseballUmp
08-03-2011, 08:18 PM
http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af269/cptcoyote/tonyromo11.jpg

Farmersfan
08-04-2011, 08:27 AM
wow FF what a reach..had nothing to do with the team..if the team was so insignificant how does the team still draw the most ratings when they are on? ..they were saying any coach using it was bush league..again that means they are saying coaches like Parcells and Walsh were bush league as well

I looked and looked and looked and could not find any real negative comments from the national media about this TXB. I finally found this but it hardly makes the statements that you said it made. It simply ASKED the question of whether or not this kind of thing motivates players these days. Almost every single story I found online about this was either complimentary or completely indifferent! Do you have any links or are you playing media yourself and creating drama where drama doesn't exist?

http://www.fanattic.net/football/dallas-cowboys-rookies-have-to-earn-helmet-star

coach
08-04-2011, 08:32 AM
Im just waiting on ff to blame it on tony romo lol

Farmersfan
08-04-2011, 08:38 AM
Im just waiting on ff to blame it on tony romo lol

come on now coach! We all know Romo had to earn his star. (It took him 4 years to do it but he finally did)

Txbroadcaster
08-04-2011, 08:54 AM
I looked and looked and looked and could not find any real negative comments from the national media about this TXB. I finally found this but it hardly makes the statements that you said it made. It simply ASKED the question of whether or not this kind of thing motivates players these days. Almost every single story I found online about this was either complimentary or completely indifferent! Do you have any links or are you playing media yourself and creating drama where drama doesn't exist?

http://www.fanattic.net/football/dallas-cowboys-rookies-have-to-earn-helmet-star

It was on the morning ESPN show..first take or whatever it is called

Txbroadcaster
08-04-2011, 08:56 AM
or are you playing media yourself and creating drama where drama doesn't exist?

Really? please show me where I have ever "created drama" that is a low blow.

Emerson1
08-04-2011, 09:42 AM

In cases like this I am because I am not trying to go for shock value to get ratings. It's right there with the distraction factor.

I hardly have any stock in the Cowboys. They are below a lot of other teams I want to see win a championship. So I am not as biased as you think. At least I am not irrational.

Farmersfan
08-04-2011, 10:20 AM
Really? please show me where I have ever "created drama" that is a low blow.

Here you go! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?113865-This-is-why-I-hate-the-National-Sports-Media

Txbroadcaster
08-04-2011, 10:26 AM
Here you go! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?113865-This-is-why-I-hate-the-National-Sports-Media

All I did was comment on what I saw..if u want to be a dick about then fine, I gave my view on what I saw and nothing else

Farmersfan
08-04-2011, 11:26 AM
All I did was comment on what I saw..if u want to be a dick about then fine, I gave my view on what I saw and nothing else

Did I stumble onto a sensitive area TXB? If it's off limits then I apologize.

Txbroadcaster
08-04-2011, 11:39 AM
Did I stumble onto a sensitive area TXB? If it's off limits then I apologize.

it is off limits to pretend I would create something out of thin air just because I would never do that nor accuse u of doing that.