PDA

View Full Version : Wish Me Luck

poisoned10
08-02-2011, 11:39 PM
As most of you know, I moved to Richmond, Kentucky on June 20th. I am still jobless since I quit mu job in Tyler on June 12.

Tomorrow I have an interview with Toyota to work at the plant building 3 different vehicles. I'm pretty certain this is the final step of the hiring process. I've already gone thru the initial application, taken a computer test and had a 5 hour work-like assessment.

This would be an excellent job to have. Good pay ($14+ for 1st shift and $15+ for 2nd shift) and benefits thru the temp agency that does the hiring. Once their contract is up I'll be signed om directly with Toyota making about $23 and hour.

So wish me luck tomorrow. I can't go any longer without a job.

eagles_victory
08-02-2011, 11:41 PM
As most of you know, I moved to Richmond, Kentucky on June 20th. I am still jobless since I quit mu job in Tyler on June 12.

Tomorrow I have an interview with Toyota to work at the plant building 3 different vehicles. I'm pretty certain this is the final step of the hiring process. I've already gone thru the initial application, taken a computer test and had a 5 hour work-like assessment.

This would be an excellent job to have. Good pay ($14+ for 1st shift and $15+ for 2nd shift) and benefits thru the temp agency that does the hiring. Once their contract is up I'll be signed om directly with Toyota making about $23 and hour.

So wish me luck tomorrow. I can't go any longer without a job. I feel you bro I am in the same spot as far as looking for a job goes. So I'll definitely pray for you. Just wondering (dont answer if too personal) but why did you move to Kentucky without a job lined up?

bobcat1
08-03-2011, 04:40 AM
Good luck to you both!

GrTigers6
08-03-2011, 05:06 AM
good luck to you both!ditto!!!

sinton66
08-03-2011, 06:04 AM
Best of luck to you.

Roughneck93
08-03-2011, 06:36 AM
Good luck. Hope things work out.

poisoned10
08-03-2011, 08:20 AM
I feel you bro I am in the same spot as far as looking for a job goes. So I'll definitely pray for you. Just wondering (dont answer if too personal) but why did you move to Kentucky without a job lined up?

My wife and I were both tired of our jobs and renting the same crappy duplex. If we were to change jobs we would have been taking a pretty decent pay cut working and working more hours. We weren't paying as much as we coul have been in the duplex which is why we never moved out.

We decided to move to Kentucky to get out of both situations. We are living with my mom right now to save enough money for a down payment on a house. Luckily I am pretty close to being hired by Toyota which would be MUCH better than what I was doing in Tyler.

Luckily we had almost $3000 saved up to last us until we had jobs. Unfortunately, that is gone now which is why I really need this. The wifey got a job a couple of weeks ago and will get her 1st paycheck this Friday!

poisoned10
08-03-2011, 08:21 AM
And thank you everyone!

I'll let everyone know how it goes afterwards.

44INAROW
08-03-2011, 08:33 AM
And thank you everyone!

Good Luck........... :)

AP Panther Fan
08-03-2011, 11:51 AM
And thank you everyone!

Good luck to you and your wife. I have a Grandmother that lives in Franklin, KY (near the Tennessee border). Kentucky is a nice state. If you end up getting that job with Toyota, maybe you could transfer back to San Antonio some day...I believe they have a plant there too.

poisoned10
08-03-2011, 03:08 PM
Just wanted to say the interview went well. It was mainly just signing paperwork. They did ask me a few questions but most of them were basically yes or no.

I have to do a drug test next week and then I'll just be waiting on the call to tell me when I can start.

TheDOCTORdre
08-03-2011, 03:11 PM
I have to do a drug test next week and then I'll just be waiting on the call to tell me when I can start.

are you gonna pass?

BaseballUmp
08-03-2011, 03:15 PM
Detox bro. Do it quick!

Gsquared
08-03-2011, 03:15 PM
are you gonna pass?
I bet he studied enough to pass

poisoned10
08-03-2011, 03:20 PM
are you gonna pass?

Detox bro. Do it quick!

I bet he studied enough to pass

Fingers crossed.

Cam
08-03-2011, 03:30 PM
Good luck Poison! Everything will work out for you....always does. My wife and I did a similar thing 7 years ago when we left the Dallas area for Burnet. Came here "cold turkey" with no jobs...People thought we were crazy and it was tough at first, but we survived and love living in Burnet..good people here, cept for that damned Greendawg!!

Roughneck93
08-03-2011, 04:14 PM
Just wanted to say the interview went well. It was mainly just signing paperwork. They did ask me a few questions but most of them were basically yes or no.

Good deal. Sounds like things went well.

greendawg84
08-04-2011, 07:59 AM
Good luck Poison! Everything will work out for you....always does. My wife and I did a similar thing 7 years ago when we left the Dallas area for Burnet. Came here "cold turkey" with no jobs...People thought we were crazy and it was tough at first, but we survived and love living in Burnet..good people here, cept for that damned Greendawg!!

Cam , you are lucky we let you yankee type even move down to Gods country . We prolly would not have let you stay if the Mrs and VR werent such good folks....

poisoned10
08-04-2011, 02:09 PM
We were all hoping that the drug test would be done at the time of the interview but it turns out it won't be until next week. When I told my Mom this, she said, "That stinks, but I'm sure there is a reason for it."

Well, I had a dentist appointment today to have my 2 left wisdom teeth pulled. Turns out they couldn't do it today and they we wanting to schedule it for the 16th, which will likely be my 1st week of work, which I obviously can't take off for the 1st 6 weeks. We were able to get it squeezed in next Wed. on the 10th and I was able to reschedule my drug test a day earlier to Tuesday.

So like my Mom said, everything happens for a reason.

eagles_victory
08-04-2011, 02:17 PM
If you need any clean piss I know a guy.