PDA

View Full Version : Audio Books/E-Books

Farmersfan
08-02-2011, 08:43 AM
I have recently started really getting into audio books for my Iphone. I drive a lot in my job and audio books seem to be the perfect way to "read". but i do miss the act of actually reading my favorite books. I use to read in bed a couple of hours every night before going to sleep but perhaps because I am getting old I find that I can't stay awake to read. Do any of you use the electronic readers like the Kindle and do these help with keeping you from falling asleep?

AP Panther Fan
08-02-2011, 05:31 PM
I have recently started really getting into audio books for my Iphone. I drive a lot in my job and audio books seem to be the perfect way to "read". but i do miss the act of actually reading my favorite books. I use to read in bed a couple of hours every night before going to sleep but perhaps because I am getting old I find that I can't stay awake to read. Do any of you use the electronic readers like the Kindle and do these help with keeping you from falling asleep?

I have a Nook Color. I don't think it matters if the book is paper or electronic when it comes to how fast you fall asleep while reading. I haven't listened to any audio books, but have always thought it would be great having Patrick Stewart, or someone with an equally soothing voice, read to me.:)

SWMustang
08-02-2011, 07:25 PM
I have a kindle. It seems to make me just as drowsy as a book.