PDA

View Full Version : Gotta love Rob Ryan

bobcat1
08-01-2011, 07:39 PM
http://sitelife.dallascowboys.com/ver1.0/Content/images/store/0/6/401ec973-bed7-4f08-963d-6102cc78307c.Small.jpg (http://www.dallascowboys.com/socialnet/profile.cfm?userid=76080f7e-422d-4b85-93ba-33e69209846c&plckUserId=76080f7e-422d-4b85-93ba-33e69209846c)
Ellis: Ryan Takes His First Shot At Eagles (http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/josh_ellis.cfm?plckController=Blog&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&userid=8ad9a5ae-68fd-47d1-a7d7-e4c8fcb84090&plckPostId=Blog%3a8ad9a5ae-68fd-47d1-a7d7-e4c8fcb84090Post%3ae8909fec-a198-4dfd-9be8-7502041c088a&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest)
Posted by jellis (http://www.dallascowboys.com/socialnet/profile.cfm?userid=76080f7e-422d-4b85-93ba-33e69209846c&plckUserId=76080f7e-422d-4b85-93ba-33e69209846c) at 8/1/2011 6:10 PM CDT on dallascowboys.com

It was new Philadelphia backup quarterback Vince Young who over the weekend called the Eagles a "dream team," the kind of bulletin board fodder any division rival would be happy to have.

Well, Cowboys defensive coordinator Rob Ryan, never one to hold his tongue, has heard about the talent Philadelphia has assembled as well, but apparently isn't impressed.

The Eagles may have Young, Nnamdi Asomugh, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and Cullen Jenkins, but Ryan's still confident despite the Cowboys' free agent class being far more under-the-radar. So far, the only guys added to Ryan's defense have been defensive ends Marcus Spears, Kenyon Coleman and Jason Hatcher, who will begin practicing with the team later this week.

"I've got three bullies over there waiting for Thursday," Rob Ryan said. "These are proven players, and that's what we need. I don't know if we win the all-hype team, I think that might have gone to somebody else, but we're going to beat their ass when we play them."

The Eagles, surely, will note Ryan's comments. They should also probably clear more room on that bulletin board, because this won't be the last thing he has to say.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/josh_ellis.cfm?plckController=Blog&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&userid=8ad9a5ae-68fd-47d1-a7d7-e4c8fcb84090&plckPostId=Blog%3a8ad9a5ae-68fd-47d1-a7d7-e4c8fcb84090Post%3ae8909fec-a198-4dfd-9be8-7502041c088a&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest

That is what I am talking about. :2thumbsup

Roughneck93
08-01-2011, 07:51 PM
:clap::clap::clap: LOL! "I've got three bullies over there waiting for Thursday".

bigwood33
08-01-2011, 08:31 PM
:clap::clap::clap: LOL! "I've got three bullies over there waiting for Thursday".
The pads must go on Thursday! I hope the Cowboys can beat their (Eagles) butt...I can't stand them!

TheDOCTORdre
08-01-2011, 09:14 PM
maybe the Cowboys will follow in the Mavs footsteps and beat a dream team

eagleqb_14
08-01-2011, 10:10 PM
great guy

Farmersfan
08-02-2011, 08:25 AM
I just hope he has more restraint than his idiot brother!

BullBoy
08-02-2011, 08:40 AM
Dallas should know all about "All Hype", they've been all hype the past couple of seasons.

bobcat1
08-02-2011, 08:55 AM
I just hope he has more restraint than his idiot brother!I don't. We need some attitude on defense. He may be able to cultivate that. I like his brother and I liked his dad. I would have been happy to play for either of the 3.

Roughneck93
08-02-2011, 09:12 AM
I don't. We need some attitude on defense. He may be able to cultivate that. I like his brother and I liked his dad. I would have been happy to play for either of the 3.

I'm with you. Attitude has long been needed on the defensive side of the ball. Hopefully those guys follow his lead on the field.

Emerson1
08-02-2011, 09:28 AM
I just hope he has more restraint than his idiot brother!
Ya one of the best coaches in the league is such an idiot.

Farmersfan
08-02-2011, 12:43 PM
I'm with you. Attitude has long been needed on the defensive side of the ball. Hopefully those guys follow his lead on the field.

I don't have a problem with the attitude. It's the idiot behavior that I was referring to.

Txbroadcaster
08-02-2011, 12:53 PM
Rob ryan is smart..he knows his D has some talent but they are not vocal( at least the leaders like Ware and Ratliff)..so he is becoming the focus..he talks crap ( even subtle comments like this one) and the D takes on that attitude.

Roughneck93
08-02-2011, 01:02 PM
I don't have a problem with the attitude. It's the idiot behavior that I was referring to.

Gotcha. I knew what you were referring to. All the silly drama stuff.

Farmersfan
08-02-2011, 01:10 PM
Ya one of the best coaches in the league is such an idiot.

One of the best coaches in the league? Really? After just two seasons? Boy it sure don't take much to get you to drink the koolaid!

Txbroadcaster
08-02-2011, 01:16 PM
[QUOTE=Farmersfan;1596312]One of the best coaches in the league? Really? After just two seasons? Boy it sure don't take much to get you to drink the koolaid![/QUOTE
u got to admit FF..he has taken a team with a two year QB who has never thrown more than 17 TDS..has never thrown more than 4K has never completed more than 55% of his passing has never had a QB rating of more than 76 into the AFC title game two years in a row( remember this is supposed to be a QB league yet their QB sucks)..in those two years they have not had a 1K reciever their offense has been anemic at best yet because of the D( which is his specialty) they have played for the AFC title game both years..that is pretty damn good

Farmersfan
08-02-2011, 01:31 PM
Rob ryan is smart..he knows his D has some talent but they are not vocal( at least the leaders like Ware and Ratliff)..so he is becoming the focus..he talks crap ( even subtle comments like this one) and the D takes on that attitude.

Giving off an air of confidence is fine in my opinion. Talking crap is another! Until the team "Walks the Walk" then "talking the talk" is nothing more than idiotic. And the "D" will only take on that attitude IF they win. If they don't win Rob Ryan will become a joke very quick with these kinds of comments. I would prefer he shut his pie hole and get his team to prove it on the field before he starts this stuff. But that's just me!

eagles_victory
08-02-2011, 01:34 PM
Giving off an air of confidence is fine in my opinion. Talking crap is another! Until the team "Walks the Walk" then "talking the talk" is nothing more than idiotic. And the "D" will only take on that attitude IF they win. If they don't win Rob Ryan will become a joke very quick with these kinds of comments. I would prefer he shut his pie hole and get his team to prove it on the field before he starts this stuff. But that's just me! Jason Terry "talked to the talk" before he "walked the walk" (feels a lot like 1983 in here right now, man has anyone seen those Daingerfield kids they look good) and that worked out alright Id say.

Farmersfan
08-02-2011, 01:39 PM
[QUOTE=Farmersfan;1596312]One of the best coaches in the league? Really? After just two seasons? Boy it sure don't take much to get you to drink the koolaid![/QUOTE
u got to admit FF..he has taken a team with a two year QB who has never thrown more than 17 TDS..has never thrown more than 4K has never completed more than 55% of his passing has never had a QB rating of more than 76 into the AFC title game two years in a row( remember this is supposed to be a QB league yet their QB sucks)..in those two years they have not had a 1K reciever their offense has been anemic at best yet because of the D( which is his specialty) they have played for the AFC title game both years..that is pretty damn good

So we agree? He is a great defensive cordinator. We knew that before he became a head coach.

Txbroadcaster
08-02-2011, 01:41 PM
Giving off an air of confidence is fine in my opinion. Talking crap is another! Until the team "Walks the Walk" then "talking the talk" is nothing more than idiotic. And the "D" will only take on that attitude IF they win. If they don't win Rob Ryan will become a joke very quick with these kinds of comments. I would prefer he shut his pie hole and get his team to prove it on the field before he starts this stuff. But that's just me!

first off what he said is so benign but in todays world it is taken to another level by instant media..2nd off..attitude is always built before results because that attitude is built in camp before a game is ever played. Ryan has basically told his D I am telling the world your going to kick butt, now prove me right..that is the EXACT same thing Jimmy Johnson did both SB years. HE put it out there and said ok team now prove me right

Txbroadcaster
08-02-2011, 01:42 PM
[QUOTE=Txbroadcaster;1596316]

So we agree? He is a great defensive cordinator. We knew that before he became a head coach.

and he has shown he can take a team and put them at a level they probably dont belong on, that to me is the definition of a great coach

Farmersfan
08-02-2011, 01:47 PM
Jason Terry "talked to the talk" before he "walked the walk" (feels a lot like 1983 in here right now, man has anyone seen those Daingerfield kids they look good) and that worked out alright Id say.

Jason Terry had 11 years of "Walking the walk".

eagles_victory
08-02-2011, 01:51 PM
Jason Terry had 11 years of "Walking the walk". Not really he had done nothing against LBJ in 2 of 3 games when he made the comments he made about the 4th quarter. Then came out and delivered after coming up extremely small in clutch situations in the first 3 games.

Txbroadcaster
08-02-2011, 01:53 PM
Not really he had done nothing against LBJ in 2 of 3 games when he made the comments he made. Then came out and delivered after coming up extremely small in clutch situations in the first 3 games.

yep..he had struggled but still said I will get the best of him..that IMO is perfect example of a guy buying into the belief..that is what you want a coach to do, get the players to buy into the system. the attiude the evertything to always feel no matter what they will be the best at the end of the day

Farmersfan
08-02-2011, 01:57 PM
[QUOTE=Farmersfan;1596331]

and he has shown he can take a team and put them at a level they probably dont belong on, that to me is the definition of a great coach

Really? He had the #22 ranked defense in Cleveland. But again that was as a D-Cordinator. As a Head Coach he improved a loaded Jets team by 2 wins in 2 seasons and made the playoffs as a wildcard team. But I'm not arguing about his ability to coach, I'm saying the man is a idiot for his antics. Only time will tell if he will be viewed as a great Head Coach but how can taking over a 9-7 team and averaging 10-6 the next 2 season in the AFC East be considered a "GREAT JOB"?

eagles_victory
08-02-2011, 02:00 PM
[QUOTE=Txbroadcaster;1596334]

Really? He had the #22 ranked defense in Cleveland. But again that was as a D-Cordinator. As a Head Coach he improved a loaded Jets team by 2 wins in 2 seasons and made the playoffs as a wildcard team. But I'm not arguing about his ability to coach, I'm saying the man is a idiot for his antics. Only time will tell if he will be viewed as a great Head Coach but how can taking over a 9-7 team and averaging 10-6 the next 2 season in the AFC East be considered a "GREAT JOB"? Is someone getting the Ryans confused?

Txbroadcaster
08-02-2011, 02:04 PM
[QUOTE=Txbroadcaster;1596334]

how can taking over a 9-7 team and averaging 10-6 the next 2 season in the AFC East be considered a "GREAT JOB"?

Because he has had the team in the AFC title game those two years..u say Romo is not good because it allboils down to play off success..so by YOUR standard that should hold the same for HC and in two years Ryan is 4-2 with both losses coming in AFC title game

Txbroadcaster
08-02-2011, 02:05 PM
[QUOTE=Farmersfan;1596344] Is someone getting the Ryans confused?

lol yes he is..Rex was Baltmore DC not Cleveland..and we all know how good that Ravens D has been

Old Tiger
08-02-2011, 02:06 PM
If it takes bulletin board material to get a professional team fired up then there is not much hope for that team.

bobcat1
08-02-2011, 03:12 PM
If it takes bulletin board material to get a professional team fired up then there is not much hope for that team.Gosh that's a tired old line. It doesn't take bulletin board material to get any pro team fired up but it does add to the intensity of that fire a little and I am all for that.

Farmersfan
08-02-2011, 03:39 PM
[QUOTE=eagles_victory;1596346]

lol yes he is..Rex was Baltmore DC not Cleveland..and we all know how good that Ravens D has been

Sorry for that! My mind was half on this and half on some stuff at work. I don't have a thing against Rob Ryan at this point. He did a very good job with a very undermanned Cleveland defense. Hopefully he can do the same with this more talented Dallas defense. Rex Ryan is the one who has shown himself to be a moron and someone on here claimed he was one of the top Head Coaches in the league which a bit premature in my opinion. but even if he does turn out to be the #1 Head Coach in the history of the NFL I still don't support the nonsense he pulls and the ridiculous things he says. At some point after multiple predictions and multiple failures even the stupid media will see he is just blowing hot air. And I don't support buffoonery like some of you younger guys appear to. The leader of a NFL team should represent the organization a little more professionally. but that just may be me.

Txbroadcaster
08-02-2011, 03:43 PM
[QUOTE=Txbroadcaster;1596352]

. And I don't support buffoonery like some of you younger guys appear to. The leader of a NFL team should represent the organization a little more professionally. but that just may be me.

so you did not like JJ when he was a HC?

eagles_victory
08-02-2011, 04:39 PM
[QUOTE=Farmersfan;1596399]

so you did not like JJ when he was a HC? Maybe he wants the quiet reserved coach who isn't outlandish in the media. Wait no he didn't like Wade Phillips because he was a "cupcake". But Rex is too out there. Man it is though to satisfy this guy. Bottom line is Rex's players would run through a wall for him and he gets results and the most out of his talent, and when it comes to a coach that is all you can ask for at the end of the day.

bobcat1
08-02-2011, 09:52 PM
Sorry for that! My mind was half on this and half on some stuff at work. I don't have a thing against Rob Ryan at this point. He did a very good job with a very undermanned Cleveland defense. Hopefully he can do the same with this more talented Dallas defense. Rex Ryan is the one who has shown himself to be a moron and someone on here claimed he was one of the top Head Coaches in the league which a bit premature in my opinion. but even if he does turn out to be the #1 Head Coach in the history of the NFL I still don't support the nonsense he pulls and the ridiculous things he says. At some point after multiple predictions and multiple failures even the stupid media will see he is just blowing hot air. And I don't support buffoonery like some of you younger guys appear to. The leader of a NFL team should represent the organization a little more professionally. but that just may be me.It is you and I am 55 and love it. I was so sick of the Cupcake Era, this is a breath of fresh air. Make the players accountable for what you say and challenge their manhood to do what you say Rob Ryan. I love it.

Farmersfan
08-03-2011, 07:46 AM
[QUOTE=Farmersfan;1596399]

so you did not like JJ when he was a HC?

I fail to remember a single time that Jimmy acted out like Rex Ryan does. Of course he was tough and challanging to his players but he never put on a wig or acted like a complete idiot. And I don't really have a problem with what Rob Ryan said except for the fact that at this point he is a poodle barking at a pit bull and expecting someone else to back him up. He has ZERO skins on the wall and his team is doing very little to improve and he wants to openly challenge the Eagles who have made move after move after move to get better after having the best record in the division last season. And based on the responses to his comments from the Eagles it is the EAGLES who are taking the high road!!!! Seriously? The Eagles are being more mature than our Cowboys? All I can say is Rob Ryan better win if he is going to act the fool.............................

Farmersfan
08-03-2011, 07:50 AM
It is you and I am 55 and love it. I was so sick of the Cupcake Era, this is a breath of fresh air. Make the players accountable for what you say and challenge their manhood to do what you say Rob Ryan. I love it.

I also was tired of the cupcake era. And what Ryan said is nothing but mouth service! We have yet to see if he holds the players accountable. He has been in camp just 2 days.

Txbroadcaster
08-03-2011, 08:16 AM
The Eagles are taking the high road because what he said was so benign that for them to respond would only make it grow. Not sure what Cowboy is not being mature ..I have yet to hear anyone of them comment on it all actually

Farmersfan
08-03-2011, 09:08 AM
The Eagles are taking the high road because what he said was so benign that for them to respond would only make it grow. Not sure what Cowboy is not being mature ..I have yet to hear anyone of them comment on it all actually

Andy Reid: "I would have been upset if he said it was a hot dog eating contest"!

Cullen Jenkins: "Talk is cheap. Let them talk. We are focused here and I could care less. We are worried about ourselves n getting better. He must be nervous."

And none of this will really matter if the Cowboys do "beat their arses". But if they don't this will come back to bite Rob Ryan in his arse and we don't need our new SUPER-D cordinator looking like a total stooge in front of his players in his first season. It's hard enough to keep the respect of the players without creating your own demise with Crap Talk. Hopefully we don't have to deal with the backlash after the Eagles and Cowboys play.

Txbroadcaster
08-03-2011, 09:13 AM
Andy Reid: "I would have been upset if he said it was a hot dog eating contest"!

Cullen Jenkins: "Talk is cheap. Let them talk. We are focused here and I could care less. We are worried about ourselves n getting better. He must be nervous."

And none of this will really matter if the Cowboys do "beat their arses". But if they don't this will come back to bite Rob Ryan in his arse and we don't need our new SUPER-D cordinator looking like a total stooge in front of his players in his first season. It's hard enough to keep the respect of the players without creating your own demise with Crap Talk. Hopefully we don't have to deal with the backlash after the Eagles and Cowboys play.

I meant none of the Cowboys I read the eagles comments

and win or lose it will be a blurp everyone forgets..

Most players love coaches who speak like the Ryan family( which why all 3 have always had the love of their players)

This is not Rob Ryan speaking out his arse this was Rob Ryan telling a D that lost its swagger last year that I believe in you as a group and this was his first chance to prove that by saying what he said.

Farmersfan
08-03-2011, 09:16 AM
And I really don't understand all the crap i'm taking on this. Someone name me a single coach that has ever had a long successful career in the NFL that talked crap and acted like a buffoon! All the respected coaches in the history of this league were the kinds of people who walked the walk instead of talking crap. Even the overly flambouyant coaches like Ditka or Parcells didn't smack talk unless they were openly challenged then normally they responded with class. This is nothing more than childish "my daddy is bigger than your daddy" crap and should be denounced by everyone. I guarantee you Jerry Jones won't allow this kind of stuff very long. And there is a huge difference in saying "we will do our talking on the field" or "We don't buy into the hype and will do our best to prove it" and saying "we will beat their arses"! And those differences are miles apart on the CLASS meter.....................

Farmersfan
08-03-2011, 09:25 AM
I meant none of the Cowboys I read the eagles comments

and win or lose it will be a blurp everyone forgets..

Most players love coaches who speak like the Ryan family( which why all 3 have always had the love of their players)

This is not Rob Ryan speaking out his arse this was Rob Ryan telling a D that lost its swagger last year that I believe in you as a group and this was his first chance to prove that by saying what he said.

The week of the Cowboys vs Eagles game we will again see every single word uttered in this thing about a million times. If the Cowboys lose the game it will be in 75% of the newspapers in bold print and Sportscenter will make it the running joke of the week afterwards. And I wonder what world you have been living in if you don't know this?

Txbroadcaster
08-03-2011, 09:26 AM
And I really don't understand all the crap i'm taking on this. Someone name me a single coach that has ever had a long successful career in the NFL that talked crap and acted like a buffoon! All the respected coaches in the history of this league were the kinds of people who walked the walk instead of talking crap. Even the overly flambouyant coaches like Ditka or Parcells didn't smack talk unless they were openly challenged then normally they responded with class. This is nothing more than childish "my daddy is bigger than your daddy" crap and should be denounced by everyone. I guarantee you Jerry Jones won't allow this kind of stuff very long. And there is a huge difference in saying "we will do our talking on the field" or "We don't buy into the hype and will do our best to prove it" and saying "we will beat their arses"! And those differences are miles apart on the CLASS meter.....................

I dont really think ur "taking crap" on this lol..and Ditka was not classy lol..he had bravado and was cocky all the time..Parcells was cocky in a different way, he went out of his way to make the media look stupid

Txbroadcaster
08-03-2011, 09:29 AM
The week of the Cowboys vs Eagles game we will again see every single word uttered in this thing about a million times. If the Cowboys lose the game it will be in 75% of the newspapers in bold print and Sportscenter will make it the running joke of the week afterwards. And I wonder what world you have been living in if you don't know this?

my point was..if they lose it will be brought up after game and on monday..then it will be forgotten just like every other sports promis that failed. No ones career has ever been tainted by a we are going to win and then they did not.

Txbroadcaster
08-03-2011, 09:33 AM
and actually..with the teams not playing till week 8 for the first time unless he keeps talking or an eagle says anything that makes it blow up I bet it is nothing more than a footnote to that game. We are to much of an instant info world now. by week 8 the talk will be more about where the two teams are..have the new players fit well for the Eagles...has the new culture worked in Dallas

Farmersfan
08-03-2011, 09:44 AM
I dont really think ur "taking crap" on this lol..and Ditka was not classy lol..he had bravado and was cocky all the time..Parcells was cocky in a different way, he went out of his way to make the media look stupid

No actually I simply made a statement that I hope our savior Rob Ryan has a little more restraint than his idiot brother and you would have thought I made a negative comment about Jesus from the responses from the SAME PEOPLE who allows act they have more insight than everybody else in the world. I like Rob Ryan for what he is. He has a very good defensive mind and has proven that he can get a group of players to perform well. (As a D-Cordinator). That's all! I hope he turns the Cowboy's defense into the next coming of the 85' Bears. But there is no doubt that what he said was nothing more than smack talk. You can read anything you want to into it but it doesn't change the fact that he knows NOTHING about his own team yet and has proven NOTHING yet! You think his players aren't smart enough to see it for what it was? The reason you haven't heard anything from the Cowboy's players is because they are all thinking "Wow, we got us another Ryan moron who can't keep his trap shut"! If he wins, he will be tolerated! If he loses he will be gone faster than virginity at a Hugh Hefner party.

Txbroadcaster
08-03-2011, 09:48 AM
No actually I simply made a statement that I hope our savior Rob Ryan has a little more restraint than his idiot brother and you would have thought I made a negative comment about Jesus from the responses from the SAME PEOPLE who allows act they have more insight than everybody else in the world. I like Rob Ryan for what he is. He has a very good defensive mind and has proven that he can get a group of players to perform well. (As a D-Cordinator). That's all! I hope he turns the Cowboy's defense into the next coming of the 85' Bears. But there is no doubt that what he said was nothing more than smack talk. You can read anything you want to into it but it doesn't change the fact that he knows NOTHING about his own team yet and has proven NOTHING yet! You think his players aren't smart enough to see it for what it was? The reason you haven't heard anything from the Cowboy's players is because they are all thinking "Wow, we got us another Ryan moron who can't keep his trap shut"! If he wins, he will be tolerated! If he loses he will be gone faster than virginity at a Hugh Hefner party.

actually we have not heard from Cowboys because he said at end of day before a day off..and players love coaches going to bat for them FF and that is what he did..u can say he knows nothing, but I bet you he has spent HOURS upon HOURS watching this D on film and knows what he has( the good and the bad)

Your underselling him as a crackpot when he was using the same tools Jimmy Johnson would when he would promise things..it is getting your players to believe they can and will instead of hoping and might.

Txbroadcaster
08-03-2011, 09:52 AM
First comment from a player

“I love it. I love it. I love his comment,” Lee said Tuesday on ESPN 103.3's Galloway & Company. “Go ahead and say it, because guess what? That just makes us motivated to go out and prove it.”

Farmersfan
08-03-2011, 09:57 AM
First comment from a player

“I love it. I love it. I love his comment,” Lee said Tuesday on ESPN 103.3's Galloway & Company. “Go ahead and say it, because guess what? That just makes us motivated to go out and prove it.”

Only time will tell.

bobcat1
08-03-2011, 10:07 AM
and players love coaches going to bat for them FF and that is what he did..u can say he knows nothing, but I bet you he has spent HOURS upon HOURS watching this D on film and knows what he has( the good and the bad)

Your underselling him as a crackpot when he was using the same tools Jimmy Johnson would when he would promise things..it is getting your players to believe they can and will instead of hoping and might.This

He did not spend the winter, spring and part of the summer doing nothing. He knows everything about each player he has. He has watched film, broken down strengths and weaknesses, assessed value of each player I assure you. He didn't just wait until Tuesday and say let's see what you got.

Farmersfan
08-03-2011, 10:09 AM
Top Trash Talking teams in Sports:

10: Denver Nuggets
09: Cincy Bengals
08: NY Rangers
07. Dallas Mavericks. (???? Don't understand this one)
06: Balt Ravens
05. Chic White Sox
04. Philly flyers
03. LA Lakers
02. NY Jets
01. Boston Celtics

I think the Mavs get voted in because of Cuban's antics.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/578546-power-ranking-the-top-10-trash-talking-teams-in-sports/page/2

Txbroadcaster
08-03-2011, 10:15 AM
Top Trash Talking teams in Sports:

10: Denver Nuggets
09: Cincy Bengals
08: NY Rangers
07. Dallas Mavericks. (???? Don't understand this one)
06: Balt Ravens
05. Chic White Sox
04. Philly flyers
03. LA Lakers
02. NY Jets
01. Boston Celtics

I think the Mavs get voted in because of Cuban's antics.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/578546-power-ranking-the-top-10-trash-talking-teams-in-sports/page/2

though dont take much stock in bleacher report articles..is funny the top 5 have all won, or played for league titles or conference titles in last 6 years or so

Farmersfan
08-03-2011, 11:11 AM
though dont take much stock in bleacher report articles..is funny the top 5 have all won, or played for league titles or conference titles in last 6 years or so

Just goes to show you that most people understand you don't "talk the talk" unless you can "walk the walk"........................ Or are you saying smack talkers win because of their talk??? :confused:

Txbroadcaster
08-04-2011, 01:15 PM
Just goes to show you that most people understand you don't "talk the talk" unless you can "walk the walk"........................ Or are you saying smack talkers win because of their talk??? :confused:

I think teams/ and players who have the confidence will win..sometimes the confidence comes from play, sometimes a coach or player has to create the confidence to get the team to believe in their ability

comments from Cowboy D on Ryan's comment

Orlando Scandrick said. “If he believes, we believe. . . . I love him. He’s a great guy to play for, a great personality. I think you’re going to see it rub off on this defense.”

The San Antonio Express-News reports that linebacker Bradie James could barely contain his grin when asked about Ryan’s comments, and James said he was motivated by his coach’s confidence.

Ware said he loved the confidence Ryan is showing in the D

that is what I meant earlier..he is rebuilding a wounded unit.

Farmersfan
08-04-2011, 02:53 PM
I think teams/ and players who have the confidence will win..sometimes the confidence comes from play, sometimes a coach or player has to create the confidence to get the team to believe in their ability

comments from Cowboy D on Ryan's comment

Orlando Scandrick said. “If he believes, we believe. . . . I love him. He’s a great guy to play for, a great personality. I think you’re going to see it rub off on this defense.”

The San Antonio Express-News reports that linebacker Bradie James could barely contain his grin when asked about Ryan’s comments, and James said he was motivated by his coach’s confidence.

Ware said he loved the confidence Ryan is showing in the D

that is what I meant earlier..he is rebuilding a wounded unit.

I can't imagine how anyone would expect the players to say anything else! Rob Ryan is brand new. Parcels was a God with the players when he was new and Wade was loved by all when he first came on board. I have no doubts they love it now! My concern is what happens when he mouths off to the media when the team is losing? Hopefully we won't have to find out.

Txbroadcaster
08-04-2011, 03:23 PM
I can't imagine how anyone would expect the players to say anything else! Rob Ryan is brand new. Parcels was a God with the players when he was new and Wade was loved by all when he first came on board. I have no doubts they love it now! My concern is what happens when he mouths off to the media when the team is losing? Hopefully we won't have to find out.

this is the problem with ur argument..u said earlier none of the Cowboys were talking because The reason you haven't heard anything from the Cowboy's players is because they are all thinking "Wow, we got us another Ryan moron who can't keep his trap shut"!

But when they defend him u then turn it around to well they are only doing that because he is their coach..u have slanted the argument to if they talk and approve they had to..if they dont talk it is because they think he is wrong..if they speak out against what he said you would then say see they dont like him..so no matter their response you have slanted it to be negative

Farmersfan
08-05-2011, 09:08 AM
this is the problem with ur argument..u said earlier none of the Cowboys were talking because The reason you haven't heard anything from the Cowboy's players is because they are all thinking "Wow, we got us another Ryan moron who can't keep his trap shut"!

But when they defend him u then turn it around to well they are only doing that because he is their coach..u have slanted the argument to if they talk and approve they had to..if they dont talk it is because they think he is wrong..if they speak out against what he said you would then say see they dont like him..so no matter their response you have slanted it to be negative

I haven't slanted it to be negative TXB. It already IS negative! It's a no win situation when your coach is running his mouth in the manner that Rex Ryan does. I don't think there is a chance in hell Jerry would put up with Rob doing what his brother does and I think this incident basically proves it. Don't you think Jerry has already put the muzzle on Rob? It's never a positive thing because just as soon as his team starts losing the half of the population that doesn't understand class and views personal restraint as a dated idea will start to turn on him. If you win it's confident and cute! If you lose it's arrogant and idiotic! If this season comes down to a two way tie between Dallas and Philly in the week 15 matchup and Philly comes in fired up and kicks the crap out of Dallas with chants and comments about "who's arse got beat" this will certainly come back to bite Rob Ryan in his arse. And the building confidence in his team comment is a little nieve TXB. These are professional players and not high school players that need to be motivated with mind games from the coach. It's cute and touchy feely at first but how quickly does it become a problem. Just look how quick The Tuna wore out his welcome everywhere he went and how fast the players got tired of Jimmy's schtick... Rob Ryan will exercise restraint or he won't last 3 years in Dallas.

Txbroadcaster
08-05-2011, 09:45 AM
I haven't slanted it to be negative TXB. It already IS negative! It's a no win situation when your coach is running his mouth in the manner that Rex Ryan does. I don't think there is a chance in hell Jerry would put up with Rob doing what his brother does and I think this incident basically proves it. Don't you think Jerry has already put the muzzle on Rob? It's never a positive thing because just as soon as his team starts losing the half of the population that doesn't understand class and views personal restraint as a dated idea will start to turn on him. If you win it's confident and cute! If you lose it's arrogant and idiotic! If this season comes down to a two way tie between Dallas and Philly in the week 15 matchup and Philly comes in fired up and kicks the crap out of Dallas with chants and comments about "who's arse got beat" this will certainly come back to bite Rob Ryan in his arse. And the building confidence in his team comment is a little nieve TXB. These are professional players and not high school players that need to be motivated with mind games from the coach. It's cute and touchy feely at first but how quickly does it become a problem. Just look how quick The Tuna wore out his welcome everywhere he went and how fast the players got tired of Jimmy's schtick... Rob Ryan will exercise restraint or he won't last 3 years in Dallas.

The players got tired of Parcells and Jimmy because they use psychological attacks on their players..Jimmy's mind games and verbal abuse..Parcell's love of making players walk thin lines between being his fav or being his dog

And for u to always talk about teams that quit, and dont play up to their level, yet u then claim they dont need to be motivated or have confidence built up.

and I think Jerry Jones LOVES this type of stuff and loves swagger

Txbroadcaster
08-05-2011, 09:49 AM
Here is great blog post on the issue

The defense was too passive under Wade Phillips. They lost their confidence in 2010 and they suffered through one of the worst seasons in franchise history. If they are offended by that comment, then they need to check out the team’s record book just to see the actual black and white stats.

Part of Ryan’s job is to rebuild the defense from a schematic standpoint by implementing his version of the 3-4 with all of its movement and confusion, but part of it is to rebuild the unit’s confidence, too.

Ryan has been in a difficult spot as a chief recruiter for some of these free agents, like Nnamdi Asomugha. They have an incredibly close relationship and the Cowboys used that to their fullest in attempting to bring Asomugha to town.

When Asomugha went to Philadelphia, Ryan was put in a tough spot of having to coach the players he was looking to possibly replace.

By speaking so confidently on Monday, Ryan has expressed his confidence in them.

Players have loved playing for Ryan wherever he has been because of his skill as a coach, storytelling and brutal honesty. The Cowboys are a week into getting the full Ryan treatment and all of them love what they are hearing.

And all of them will love hearing what Ryan had to say Monday.

For this defense, they needed this injection of energy.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4681251/rob-ryans-words-are-a-good-thing

Farmersfan
08-05-2011, 10:48 AM
The players got tired of Parcells and Jimmy because they use psychological attacks on their players..Jimmy's mind games and verbal abuse..Parcell's love of making players walk thin lines between being his fav or being his dog

And for u to always talk about teams that quit, and dont play up to their level, yet u then claim they dont need to be motivated or have confidence built up.

The point is that both those coaches had a certain manner that was LOVED and called motivational and confidence inspiring in the beginning just like in this case. And both those wore thin very, very quickly and Jimmy even won Superbowls. The kind of crap going on with the Jet's coach won't last long in this era of pro football. As long as they are winning he is a genius but as soon as the losing starts he will be crucified. It's always been that way and it will continue to be that way.

Emerson1
08-05-2011, 11:16 AM

He claims they don't need to be motivated, but swears the eagles actually have a bulletin board in which this quote is posted.

Farmersfan
08-05-2011, 11:37 AM

I guess you and Emerson fell off the same Turnip Truck last night TXB. I have NEVER said the players need to be motivated or have their confidence built up with stupid comments from the coaches. I have always maintained that the players aren't producing because they aren't being held accountable or the expectations aren't where they should be. A professional athlete shouldn't need to be motivated with "Coach Speak"! That multi-million dollar contract should be all the motivation they should need. but since they weren't held to a high enough standard they were allowed to get complacient and dull in their abilities. And don't get me wrong, I love a coach that will come in and tell the players that they are going to beat the arses off the competition and last year's performance was a fluke that will not be tolerated this season. But he should keep that crap in his own lockerroom at lest until he proves his team can win. Like I have said many times already, if he wins it will be genius but if he doesn't he will be a bozo! The respect of his players is held in the balance of what he says vs what he does!

Txbroadcaster
08-05-2011, 11:55 AM
I guess you and Emerson fell off the same Turnip Truck last night TXB. I have NEVER said the players need to be motivated or have their confidence built up with stupid comments from the coaches. I have always maintained that the players aren't producing because they aren't being held accountable or the expectations aren't where they should be. A professional athlete shouldn't need to be motivated with "Coach Speak"! That multi-million dollar contract should be all the motivation they should need. but since they weren't held to a high enough standard they were allowed to get complacient and dull in their abilities. And don't get me wrong, I love a coach that will come in and tell the players that they are going to beat the arses off the competition and last year's performance was a fluke that will not be tolerated this season. But he should keep that crap in his own lockerroom at lest until he proves his team can win. Like I have said many times already, if he wins it will be genius but if he doesn't he will be a bozo! The respect of his players is held in the balance of what he says vs what he does!

uhh I never said you mentioned motivation..I said is surprises me you put such little stock into it. We can all say well that money should be enough..but humans need motivation and their confidence built all the time, no matter thier walk in life or there age.

The amount of great coaches who were not great motivators can be counted on one hand

Roughneck93
08-05-2011, 01:32 PM
Looks like the Cowboys brass loves Rob Ryan as well. Time will tell for how long.

http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/story/09000d5d8213bdeb/article/ryan-talks-the-talk-believing-cowboys-can-back-it-up

Farmersfan
08-05-2011, 02:38 PM
Looks like the Cowboys brass loves Rob Ryan as well. Time will tell for how long.

http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/story/09000d5d8213bdeb/article/ryan-talks-the-talk-believing-cowboys-can-back-it-up

So now he is claiming it's the RYANS who always Walk the Walk? Really? I know of a lot of Ryan coached teams that walked nothing. I will remain silent and trust to some of ya'lls opinions for now but remember that I said eventually this thing will blow up in the Cowboy's face. Rob Ryan is a Rex Ryan wanna be and Rex Ryan is a Buddy Ryan wanna be. And everyone knows Buddy Ryan didn't have a bit of class!

Txbroadcaster
08-05-2011, 02:41 PM
So now he is claiming it's the RYANS who always Walk the Walk? Really? I know of a lot of Ryan coached teams that walked nothing. I will remain silent and trust to some of ya'lls opinions for now but remember that I said eventually this thing will blow up in the Cowboy's face. Rob Ryan is a Rex Ryan wanna be and Rex Ryan is a Buddy Ryan wanna be. And everyone knows Buddy Ryan didn't have a bit of class!

And they also have Super Bowl rings..again just not seeing how this blows up in their face..at worst it is a joke for a day after the game..at best it is a defining moment in the development of the attitude of the D

Diocletian
08-05-2011, 07:05 PM
The Ryan's talk hype non-stop. They back it up though with smashmouth football...not always wins, but hard hits and attack style plays.

I accept the statement and look forward to seeing what the boys' get done this year.

And Farmsfan has the greatest signature I've ever seen!