PDA

View Full Version : KICKERS

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-26-2002, 10:03 PM
Kickers are often overlooked in the game of football. I was just wondering ya'lls opinion of who are some of the best kickers in football are. I have'nt seen many, but the one that have seen, Kyle Schielack, has my vote. He's a junior for Rockdale and he's kicked the ball out of the end zone and warms up kicking and making 55 yard field goals. I know there may be better and I would like to know some feets of some of the kickers from other 3AAA teams.

Malunchico2
11-26-2002, 11:36 PM
I would have to go with the Marlin kicker. He has a great leg and doesnt get as much attention as he deserves. He has a very powerful leg that can kick 55 yarders easily. He could easily make it to college and possibly pros. GO RANQUILLO

spaniard
11-26-2002, 11:45 PM
mason templeton from burnet has a boomer for a leg. in the game against wharton he lined up for a 47 yard field goal, and kicked the ball wide left, except it was about 25 feet above the left upright. :D if his leg was a little more accurate, he would have had that one easily, and he also routinely kicks it out of the endzone. in the game against wharton he kicked off and the ball bounced off the bottom of the goalpost. templetons got a great leg, and maybe the fact that his leg is longer than some people are tall helps that out a little wink

Jimbotex40
11-26-2002, 11:54 PM
attention BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END:

when speaking of the classification of which this website was created for, it is not necesary to type out a '3' followed by 3 'AAA's, that totally negates the '3' that you previously typed.

do you not think that when this website was called "3adownlow.com", that the creator did this for a purpose

this 3AAA that you seem to thrive on, actually means that you are refering to 9 A's, and i know that a man of your integrity does not actually believe that Texas has 9 classifications for UIL in sports.

thanks, i know that you will never make the same mistake again.

spaniard
11-26-2002, 11:56 PM
whoaho, easy tiger.

Keith7
11-27-2002, 01:57 AM
Jon Lopez from Gainesville is by far the best kicker in 3A.. He Finished the Season with 85 points and was 15/17 on field goal attempts.. he had 3 from 20+, 4 from 30+, 6 from 40+, and 2 from 50+... Setting the school record for longest field goal at 54 yards, but then breaking it later to make it 56 yards against Celina.. also 2 of the 40+'s were 49 yards, almost 50's.. He regularly practiced kicks from over 60.. He has started since his Sophmore year, and I remember he once injured his kicking leg for a week or 2 and learned to kick with his left leg for those weeks, Tons of talent and was a Tremendous leader on our team.. He Has many recruiters interested him as well from everywhere, Nebraska, OSU, Baylor, The Navy, OU, have all contacted him I know, and I sure more have as well..

<small>[ November 27, 2002, 01:40 PM: Message edited by: Keith7 ]</small>

Jacket2000
11-27-2002, 02:32 AM
Jon Lopez of Gainesville and Ryan McDougal of Graham. Both have howitzers for legs!
J2K

sinfan75
11-27-2002, 05:32 AM
Jerry Juroch of Sinton.Has kicked 50 yarder this year.Hasn't played the last few weeks.Was supposed to start practicin this week.

St. Ivender
11-27-2002, 08:29 AM
Marlins kicker put on a SHOW before the Newton game. His kick-offs weren't the greatest but he was nailing 57 yarders with accuracy and seemingly no effort. We will see him playing on Saturday afternoons somewhere next year. A&M oughta snag him up right now, their kickers are HORRIBLE.

Ranger Mom
11-27-2002, 10:00 AM
Greenwoods QB/punter/kicker Dawson Wilber kicked a 52 yarder in the first playoff game. It had plenty of height to have gone about 10 yards farther. He regularly kicks aobut 60 yards at practice.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-27-2002, 02:04 PM
Port Isabel has always had a long history of having bad kickers.

However, this year is an exception.

Port Isabel kicker Erick Martinez has not missed a single extra point attempt, and also has a couple of 45+ yard field goals to his credit. AND he's only a Junior.

PigSkinPicker
11-27-2002, 04:19 PM
I would have to go with Marlin's kicker, He has a great leg and will make it far in football. He will definetly be a factor in their game against LaGrange this Saturday. Go Dogs

bulldawg89
11-27-2002, 08:34 PM
The 6'7" kicker from Burnet, Mason Templeton has got one heck of a leg. Thats all i have to say.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-27-2002, 09:23 PM
Yeah, I've heard of some of these kickers before, but I still believe that next year, Kyle Schielack's name will be heard everywhere. This guys only a junior and has recieved letters from Texas A & M, Oklahoma State, and Baylor saying that he was a top prospect. Ya'll wait until next year, he's going to be the best kicker in Texas.

purple thunder # 1 fan
11-28-2002, 12:18 PM
ANGEL MAGALLON A FRESH. FROM L.H. WILL HELP WIN A GAME OR TWO NEXT YEAR! A FISH!

Car_Ram_Rod
11-28-2002, 02:11 PM
IM GONNA HAVE TO AGREE WITH MOST PEOPLE ON HERE ABOUT THE MARLIN KICKER. IVE SEEN HIM KICK AT PRE-GAME AND MAN-O-MAN HE REALLY SHOWED UP. AND AS TO BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END YOU NEED TO GET OF THE ROCKDALE KICKER'S footBALLS!! IT SOUNDS TO ME THAT YOU AND HIM HAVE A LITTLE SOMETHING GOING ON BUT I DONT KNOW......?

GOODLUCK TO MARLIN

sntnpirate1316
11-28-2002, 04:07 PM
last year i wouldve said Jerry Jurach for sure
i think he would still be the best but he was starting defense and didnt get much practice on it and then he had a staf infection in his left knee(he kicks with his right)
hes back this week but just as kicker

JasperDog94
11-29-2002, 01:33 AM
I would love to nominate the kicker from Jasper. :D He always keeps you glued to see if he will even get close on the extra point. Oh wait. This topic is for the "best" kicker. I thought this was for the most exciting kicker. Nothing like going for it on fourth down in the red zone! :cool:

getem_dawgs
11-29-2002, 11:58 AM
Yeah I agree there are some great kickers out there, but my vote goes to Mason Templeton. :) That boy can kick the football. AND he doesnt even have a background in kicking...he just started doing it one day. eek! What a talent. What a game it'll be on Saturday. Get'em DAWGS! :p

jrabbit02
11-29-2002, 12:17 PM
forney kicker collin knowles is a soph. but is able to kick the ball far, he made a couple 45+ field goals as a freshman. just wait until next year once he gets used to everything on the varsity level. He will be one of the top kickers in the state.

keep_it_real
11-30-2002, 12:02 AM
I don't disagree saying Rockdales' kicker is good, but I don't believe the whole letters thing, sometimes athletes get letters from schools but honestly the only kicker who I saw in that particular district who deserves reeecognition is Marlins. If a kicker is going to make it in the schools BIG BLUE.... mentioned, he has to be able to say that he did not miss an extra point, and everything from 40 yards on in was never missed. When did Schielack nail a 55 yarder? I mustve missed that one. I like how you try to use big words though, you must be a freshmen. LOL

Ladykat5
11-30-2002, 01:51 AM
I always thought our kicker Marcus Phillips was good...I may not know that much...he is good in my heart though :) ...Balligers kicker got one from the 38...I didnt think that was to bad being a high schooler and everything! Have a good one.

Keith7
11-30-2002, 12:29 PM
Keith7:
Jon Lopez from Gainesville is by far the best kicker in 3A.. He Finished the Season with 85 points and was 15/17 on field goal attempts.. he had 3 from 20+, 4 from 30+, 6 from 40+, and 2 from 50+... Setting the school record for longest field goal at 54 yards, but then breaking it later to make it 56 yards against Celina.. also 2 of the 40+'s were 49 yards, almost 50's.. He regularly practiced kicks from over 60.. He has started since his Sophmore year, and I remember he once injured his kicking leg for a week or 2 and learned to kick with his left leg for those weeks, Tons of talent and was a Tremendous leader on our team.. He Has many recruiters interested him as well from everywhere, Nebraska, OSU, Baylor, The Navy, OU, have all contacted him I know, and I sure more have as well..I think this was good enough to win