PDA

View Full Version : Carthage Bulldogs Scouting Report?

ctown81
08-01-2011, 10:42 AM
Does anyone have any news on the 3-time defending champions? I see every other contender listed except them, but that's nothing new i guess. Does anyone have a scoop on how we are looking. Don't live there anymore, so I would definitely like an insight.

Gsquared
08-01-2011, 10:49 AM
Does anyone have any news on the 3-time defending champions? I see every other contender listed except them, but that's nothing new i guess. Does anyone have a scoop on how we are looking. Don't live there anymore, so I would definitely like an insight.
I hear they are looking an awful lot like Queen City this year :stirpot:

oldtownag
08-01-2011, 10:56 AM
Biggest ? will be QB. Defense returns 6 starters but some of those will probably get switched to the offense. Word is the LB will switch to RB and he was probably the best at that position last year but stayed on the defensive side of the ball.

Pre-season schedule is rough with 4A Jacksonville, Lindale, #1 Chapel Hill, 4A Nacogdoches and Center. Don't be surprised to see the Dawgs lose 2 of those games. That tough schedule should prepare them well for district play.

MGAR
08-01-2011, 10:57 AM

Three time defending champion will have a new head coach. Also will have to replace QB Tyler Boyd... Edmonds is gone as well...

:1popcorn:

MGAR
08-01-2011, 10:58 AM
Oh my bad.. I thought you were asking about THE 3-peaters... not carthage... mybad.

Gsquared
08-01-2011, 10:59 AM
Three time defending champion will have a new head coach. Also will have to replace QB Tyler Boyd... Edmonds is gone as well...

Uh oh, this aint gonna be pretty. I think its all about Carthage and you just threw a rock at em.

oldtownag
08-01-2011, 11:04 AM
We are the 3A-Peaters they are just 2A 3-peaters!

MGAR
08-01-2011, 11:06 AM
Lake Travis is gonna be pretty stout , oh wait, you said three peaters, not four peaters....

DFs three peat is more impressive than carfiges...

oldtownag
08-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Lake Travis is gonna be pretty stout , oh wait, you said three peaters, not four peaters....

I have been to DF and I assure you I saw nothing impressive there!

Gsquared
08-01-2011, 11:12 AM

ctown81
08-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Pre-season schedule is rough with 4A Jacksonville, Lindale, #1 Chapel Hill, 4A Nacogdoches and Center. Don't be surprised to see the Dawgs lose 2 of those games. That tough schedule should prepare them well for district play.

I'm willing to deal with 2 preseason losses if it prepares us for another title run.

MGAR
08-01-2011, 11:20 AM
I have been to DF and I assure you I saw nothing impressive there!

I know... nothing there and they are still THE back to back to back champs.. Pretty impressive eh?

buckeyebob
08-02-2011, 05:51 AM

They still suck...they will crumble when they face the Buckeyes at their home...Chapel Hill will give them their 1st loss at the new stadium. That is about it.

oldtownag
08-02-2011, 07:48 AM
They still suck...they will crumble when they face the Buckeyes at their home...Chapel Hill will give them their 1st loss at the new stadium. That is about it.

If what we have been doing is "suck" I hope it continues! :)