PDA

View Full Version : Day 1 Two-A-Day Reports Here!!!!

Dogman_1969
08-01-2011, 09:54 AM
Post your Day 1 Reports here. Post # of players, transfers etc along with interesting reports.

bwdlionfan
08-02-2011, 08:44 AM
Brownwood had 135-140 players come out yesterday.

http://www.brownwoodtx.com/sports/local_sports/article_0e06e8ba-bcb8-11e0-b5b0-001cc4c03286.html

87 TIGER
08-02-2011, 08:55 AM
Rockdale had 97 show up which is not bad especially since weve lost 10 starters 6 on offense and 6 on defense ( a couple went both ways) since may due to move outs . We were going to be down this year but now we are really down. I guess were gonna see what these sophs are made of. I'm still excited and ready to get the season started.

YTBulldogs
08-02-2011, 01:29 PM
97 motivated and determined Bulldogs out this year. Most part, all reported in shape and are working hard to turn that nightmare 2010, 2-8 year around.

Last year, we had over 30 turnovers, 24 of which were fumbles. KILLER. Last year was a playoff ability team, but--not with those TO's.

That said, priority this year is ball handling drills and proper placement of the ball when running.

Team isn't big. But, I'd be willing to bet, we will be the fastest. Amazing speed/quickness on both sides of the ball. OL was a priority to go with all the skill kids we have returning. Early going, looking very good. Of course, when your blocking "air" it's hard to judge. Come Friday, and in pad's---will be a better to determine.

Appears we will not have players going both ways on the lines. Depth is nice for sure. When your the smallest school (enrollment wise) in this district, it's major being able to give these kid's a blow, and get each line together for coach/player talk between series and get things lined out from what is detected from the booth.

The kid's are so excited to get last year erased and prove what they really are. Sure has made practice fun having these type of kid's out there.

Will be a very positive, productive and successful squad representing Yoakum this season. These Bulldogs will be relentless IMO.

Old Tiger
08-02-2011, 02:03 PM
Its hot...thats all I have to report.

87 TIGER
08-03-2011, 07:47 AM
Its hot...thats all I have to report.just noticed your location is Waco ?? why would anyone move to Waco?

Farmersfan
08-03-2011, 07:54 AM
I received word this morning that my High school team from West Texas had only 1 kid show up for football on Monday. They are expecting only 85 kids total enrollment from Kindergarden to 12th grade which would cause the school to be closed and the kids bussed elsewhere. It's a shame because that little school has been there for 100 years or so......

Looking4number8
08-03-2011, 08:03 AM
I received word this morning that my High school team from West Texas had only 1 kid show up for football on Monday. They are expecting only 85 kids total enrollment from Kindergarden to 12th grade which would cause the school to be closed and the kids bussed elsewhere. It's a shame because that little school has been there for 100 years or so......

What school is that?

bobcat1
08-03-2011, 10:14 AM
just noticed your location is Waco ?? why would anyone move to Waco?He wanted to be close to Camp Davidian.

gatordaze
08-03-2011, 01:28 PM
Anyone heard if Pilot Point participation rebounded? They fell off big last year.

warpath
08-03-2011, 03:03 PM
Gonzales had 125 players report 9-12

Bosqueville
08-03-2011, 03:30 PM
just noticed your location is Waco ?? why would anyone move to Waco?

Watch it!!! Waco is a great city!

GrTigers6
08-03-2011, 03:49 PM
I received word this morning that my High school team from West Texas had only 1 kid show up for football on Monday. They are expecting only 85 kids total enrollment from Kindergarden to 12th grade which would cause the school to be closed and the kids bussed elsewhere. It's a shame because that little school has been there for 100 years or so......Why would they close it down, there are several schools that have that few of students, Santa Anna has had a consistant HS enrollment of 45-60, and probably not much more for the rest of the grades. Maybe 120 total and they are survivng, Is there something else im not aware of?

Farmersfan
08-04-2011, 08:36 AM
Why would they close it down, there are several schools that have that few of students, Santa Anna has had a consistant HS enrollment of 45-60, and probably not much more for the rest of the grades. Maybe 120 total and they are survivng, Is there something else im not aware of?

I don't know. I was told on Facebook that if the enrollment number comes in where expected at about 85 then it probably will be closed. I'm guessing that would put the high school enrollment at <30 kids. My senior year we had 46 kids in 9th through 12th grade. That's not many students.

GrTigers6
08-04-2011, 09:20 AM
I don't know. I was told on Facebook that if the enrollment number comes in where expected at about 85 then it probably will be closed. I'm guessing that would put the high school enrollment at <30 kids. My senior year we had 46 kids in 9th through 12th grade. That's not many students.That is pretty small. Have they always been small or just falling off recently?

Farmersfan
08-04-2011, 10:27 AM
That is pretty small. Have they always been small or just falling off recently?

They have always been small but have been on a steady decline for a while now. Two seasons ago they got awarded or nominated for the Army Strong team of the year for playing half the season with just 5 players on the field in 6 man football when one of their starters had a season ending injury. When I played in the late 70's we had probably 15 kids on the team. We had 8 students in my graduating class in 1980. I'm happy to say I finished in the top 10 in my class!! :clap: