PDA

View Full Version : Rangers trade...

BaseballUmp
07-30-2011, 05:05 PM
Tommy Hunter and Chris Davis for Baltimore's P Koji Uehara

orange machine
07-30-2011, 05:54 PM
I don't know this player please tell me it was a good move?

eagleqb_14
07-30-2011, 06:03 PM
is he any good ive heard of him

Roughneck93
07-30-2011, 06:05 PM
I don't know this player please tell me it was a good move?

He has pitched very well this year. 36 years old though so it seems like he's not a long term pick up.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/30130/koji-uehara

bigwood33
07-30-2011, 06:13 PM
1.71 era this year. I would guess that he would be a 7th or 8th inning guy. He has closed some in the past, so he MIGHT be insurance if Feliz struggles.

MGAR
07-30-2011, 06:43 PM
Rangers are still trying to get Bell as well..

Baltimore will for sure have a good minor batter now in Davis... I think the trade is "fair".... Hate that Davis is leaving his home state but that's the life... I remember watching him in high school.

bigwood33
07-30-2011, 06:45 PM
I wish him the best. He wants a chance to be in the big leagues and compete for a starting position...this gives him that.

Tejastrue
07-30-2011, 07:05 PM
Maybe a change of scenery will jump start both of their careers. I know Wash really liked Davis. Gave him every opportunity he could. Good luck to them both.

Rabid Cougar
07-30-2011, 10:38 PM
Good trade.... Davis needed new a new place. He had his chance here and is now stuck in a back up role. I liked Hunter. He will get his problems worked out and be a very good pitcher. Just didn't have it this year. I am glad Hollands name is not on the "list"..

Roughneck93
07-30-2011, 10:40 PM
Good trade.... Davis needed new a new place. He had his chance here and is now stuck in a back up role. I liked Hunter. He will get his problems worked out and be a very good pitcher. Just didn't have it this year. I am glad Hollands name is not on the "list"..

I'm with you, I hope Holland stays a Ranger. I think he will but one never knows.

BaseballUmp
07-31-2011, 01:38 PM
Rangers pick up RHP Mike Adams from the Padres for 2 minor leaguers

Roughneck93
07-31-2011, 02:02 PM
I like the move. Now have become a very good bullpen in the course of two days. Odd guys out?? Rhodes, Oliver?

bwdlionfan
07-31-2011, 02:29 PM
I like the move. Now have become a very good bullpen in the course of two days. Odd guys out?? Rhodes, Oliver?

I think it's time for Rhodes to retire.

pirate4state
07-31-2011, 02:49 PM
Rangers pick up RHP Mike Adams from the Padres for 2 minor leaguers

:clap: his family will be happy to have him back in his home state.

Guess I'm a Rangers fan, for as long as he is with them.

sinton66
07-31-2011, 06:39 PM
:clap: his family will be happy to have him back in his home state.

Guess I'm a Rangers fan, for as long as he is with them.

Me too, although I've always been a Rangers fan. Used to go to the games when I lived up there back in the 70's.

Farmersfan
08-01-2011, 08:25 AM
Great pick ups for the Rangers. And normally I would say it makes them a lot tougher and gives them a better shot at another World Series run but now it seems their #1 starter CJ Wilson has become very average recently.

Txbroadcaster
08-01-2011, 08:30 AM
Great pick ups for the Rangers. And normally I would say it makes them a lot tougher and gives them a better shot at another World Series run but now it seems their #1 starter CJ Wilson has become very average recently.

I think it is early to say that about CJ..he is actually 5-2 in last 7 starts, yes he has had two bad in a row, but that comes off the tough loss when he pitched a gem agianst the Angels and beat Sea giving up two runs in 15 combined innings

This gives them a great chance..now instead of needing a Cliff Lee type, they can do what the Yanks did in their run..shorten game to 6 innings let pen carry it from there

eagles_victory
08-02-2011, 09:30 PM
I want our two minor league prospects back Adams is a bum. Looks like Rick Vaughn at the beginning of Major League 2.

SintonFan
08-02-2011, 10:27 PM
I want our two minor league prospects back Adams is a bum. Looks like Rick Vaughn at the beginning of Major League 2.

and then it starts... :doh: :rolleyes:

eagles_victory
08-02-2011, 11:29 PM
and then it starts... :doh: :rolleyes: I was kidding lol he'll be fine. Lee got bombed first game last year by Cesear Isturez lol and that turned out ok

Farmersfan
08-03-2011, 09:56 AM
I was kidding lol he'll be fine. Lee got bombed first game last year by Cesear Isturez lol and that turned out ok

I agree! I'm more concerned about all the dang errors the team is making. How many runs and outs can these guys give away and still win? They made 3 errors in last nights game.

Txbroadcaster
08-03-2011, 10:04 AM
I agree! I'm more concerned about all the dang errors the team is making. How many runs and outs can these guys give away and still win? They made 3 errors in last nights game.

yes this team has made a huge step back on defense( even though last year they were not great, but solid)

eagles_victory
08-03-2011, 12:19 PM
I agree! I'm more concerned about all the dang errors the team is making. How many runs and outs can these guys give away and still win? They made 3 errors in last nights game. Agreed the errors are getting completely out of hand right now. Look at the 12 game win streak they made what 1 or 2 errors.

SintonFan
08-03-2011, 12:24 PM
I was kidding lol he'll be fine. Lee got bombed first game last year by Cesear Isturez lol and that turned out ok
:doh: :doh: :clap:

bwdlionfan
08-03-2011, 12:25 PM
They need to put a streak together quick, a 1 game lead with 52 games to go isn't much to cling to

Farmersfan
08-04-2011, 08:54 AM
They need to put a streak together quick, a 1 game lead with 52 games to go isn't much to cling to

The Rangers have played .550 ball for the entire season. IF that trend continues they end the season with 89 wins and will miss the playoffs completely. They need to pick up the pace right now.

On another note: WTH? Both of the new Ranger Saviors who were picked up at the trade deadline to give this team a boost into the playoffs gave up game winning homeruns in their first appearances............... :eek:

Txbroadcaster
08-04-2011, 09:01 AM
The Rangers have played .550 ball for the entire season. IF that trend continues they end the season with 89 wins and will miss the playoffs completely. They need to pick up the pace right now.

On another note: WTH? Both of the new Ranger Saviors who were picked up at the trade deadline to give this team a boost into the playoffs gave up game winning homeruns in their first appearances............... :eek:

So u can say 100% 89 wins will not win the division? because going on what you just said the Angels are playing at a 541 clip and will finish with about 87 wins

GrTigers6
08-04-2011, 09:13 AM

On another note: WTH? Both of the new Ranger Saviors who were picked up at the trade deadline to give this team a boost into the playoffs gave up game winning homeruns in their first appearances............... :eek:That was uehera, ( Spelled wrong im sure) second qpperance and before the home run he had set down the first five he faced. So dont knock just yet. Look at Lee's first outing with the rangers.

Roughneck93
08-04-2011, 10:59 AM
And Rangers have not had any success vs the Tigers here lately. 2-6 vs them this year. Hopefully Alexi ends the losing skid today. Heck, he has the two wins against them.

Tejastrue
08-04-2011, 04:20 PM
Made it 3 today.

Roughneck93
08-04-2011, 04:27 PM
Made it 3 today.

Totally forgot the game was this afternoon. Avoided the sweep!

Farmersfan
08-05-2011, 08:14 AM
So u can say 100% 89 wins will not win the division? because going on what you just said the Angels are playing at a 541 clip and will finish with about 87 wins

Can't say 100% TXB. but I go with the odds and a 40 year history. If I was a betting man I would bet that the Angels will play better ball down the stretch. they almost always do!