PDA

View Full Version : LaGrange vs. Marlin... Predictions Only

Bellville22
11-25-2003, 01:59 PM
I know there's way too many topics for this game already, but most have been cluttered with trash talk, lies, rumors, and coach bashing. Thought I'd start a thread for people to provide an unbiased view of how they think this one will turn out. PLEASE NO TRASH TALK. :cool:

Most objective fans in the state want to see another clash between Bellville and Marlin. However, LG and China Springs would like nothing more than to ruin that for everyone. LaGrange and Marlin have built up a pretty heated little playoff rivalry here. Not hard to figure out that these teams don't like each other. Marlin blew LG off the field last year, and I'm sure the Leps have revenge in mind.

Marlin comes into the game as huge favorites, as they probably should be. I think they field better athletes than LG, and have been playing as well as anyone in the state lately. If both teams play their A-games, Marlin will probably win by a couple TDs. Both teams will come out fired up, Marlin wants to keep rollin', LG wants to keep clawing through. Apparently these fans don't like each other, apparently the coaches can't agree on things, this could get ugly.

I think LG will have to try to play as a team, and contain the Marlin athleticism early. Coach V. is a very good coach, and does a wonderful job game planning. He'll have to have his boys ready this week. I think the Leps will try to control the ball, and slow the game down, and try to keep this thing in the low-20's. LG plays great D, and they'll run up against a high powered, versitile O this week, probably the best they've seen all year. If they can create some turnovers, and win the field position game, they may have a chance.

Marlin, I wouldn't imagine, will change their game plan. They'll come out like they have, and try to just flat out beat the Leps in each aspect. They have great athletes, and if they can limit the mistakes, they should be able to have some success on both sides of the ball.

Should be very interesting, I just hope it's a good clean game, and doesn't get ugly.

I think LG can play together and keep it close for a while, but in the end, I think Marlin will have too many weapons.

I wish you the best, LG, everyone loves big upsets, but I think you're just too overmatched in this one...

Marlin 31
LaGrange 14

duckbutter
11-25-2003, 02:11 PM
Marlin 42
LaGrange 7
But you never know.....

Pudlugger
11-25-2003, 02:15 PM
Bellville22 as usual I find your analysis both fair and thoughtful. I think La Grange has the edge in this one from the standpoint of poise. Marlin has never had a come from behind or fourth quarter win this year. They either lost outright or blew out the other team. La Grange is a great 4th quarter team, they are very disciplined and well conditioned. Their 3 losses were basically games that could have gone either way, only 10 points difference in all three games. No team has blown out the Leps this year, including Yoakum, Manor, Sealy and Orangefield. Marlin will go for the kill quickly. If they are denied easy tds on big plays or turnovers they will find themselves in a fight for survival. On the other hand,if they get up early they will put you away. Another thing worth mentioning, La Grange has superior coaching to Marlin. I like our chances for an upset. I wont put a number up, but don't count out the Leps.

FranksBullDog
11-25-2003, 02:48 PM
I believe Marlin will win because they play old fashion smash mouth defense and they believe they can beat anyone even Ennis and thats not bad. The games they lost early was due to an inexperianced OFF. line and not having even one projected starter in the backfield due to injuries.I think LG. has a good team but it will take some mistakes by Marlin to keep them in the game.I hear a lot about Marlins speed but the last two teams had more team speed but were not as good FB players.These kids play their hearts out every week and are probably the smallest school still playing. MB-32 LG7 And no I know Marlin cant beat Ennis but the players dont and thats the way its supposed to be.

duckbutter
11-25-2003, 03:00 PM
Marlin is going to score points. If Lagrange can hold Marlin close until the second half they can pull the upset. The thing that LaGrange is going to have to do is control Marlin's DL because they are big, fast and will punish runners when they catch them. I wasn't impressed with Marlin's secondary but then again we couldn't test them very much due to our QB running for his life. Again this goes back to Marlin's DL, you can't pass if you don't have time. Good luck LaGrange this Eagle is rooting for you.

marlinbulldogplayer
11-25-2003, 03:22 PM
for all of u that want to know where this game will be played it is at waco isd friday at 7:30. marlin will be the home team.

LG-all-the-way
11-25-2003, 04:18 PM
lol, funni how one thing i have in common with LG and Marlin is I've acutally lived in both and both town take 'football' seriously to the fullest length...but, I'll be praying for upset on Friday......go get'em LEPS!!

P>S. is the game @ 2:30 or 7:30 ???

afflac65
11-25-2003, 04:33 PM
marlin by 10

Pudlugger
11-25-2003, 04:45 PM
afflac65:
marlin by 10Well, that's better. Now we're only down by 10. No worries! :D

WoodvilleFan
11-25-2003, 04:58 PM
I saw the Marlin/Newton game and I was impressed by Marlin. Marlin has size and speed. Newton is known as a quick team but they were no match for Marlins #7 and #5. If they got past a defender Newton couldn't run them down. Newton was unable to use their speed around the ends because Marlin continually beat them to the corner on defense. Marlins defensive line also has some good size.

Marlin is a good team!

St. Ivender
11-25-2003, 05:01 PM
Marlin 35
LaGrange 7

I can't see LG holding Marlin to less points than Newton gave up. Who can stop this juggernaut?

bevo
11-25-2003, 05:11 PM
Marlin 34
LaGrange 27

Don't think that Marlin will walk away with it. But then again it could easily be LaGrange 34 to 27.

Should be a good game...

Bob
11-25-2003, 05:31 PM
I don't want to hurt any LG peoples feelings but........ The Leopards really aren't that good. They just play hard and Coach V is a great coach. This one will be decided by at least three tds.

lepfan
11-25-2003, 06:07 PM
Bob:
I don't want to hurt any LG peoples feelings but........ The Leopards really aren't that good. They just play hard and Coach V is a great coach. This one will be decided by at least three tds.Don't worry "LG peoples" don't get their feelings hurt that easily. But, I will have to disagree with you, you have to be "good" to get this far in the playoffs You don't just show up and play. You have to have all three--you must "play hard", have a good coaching staff(it takes all the coaches), and have talent. There are great coaches who have players who play very hard but just don't have the football talent...that is called an "rebuilding year". Just look around there are several of those in the 3A community. Do you see any of them in the playoffs? This is just my opinion. :)

Bongo
11-25-2003, 06:18 PM
My prediction is the Marlin players heads will be so big (due to inflated egos) that they can't all fit on the bus at the same time. This will force them to call up addtional buses and make it to the game just in the nick of time. However, while going through abbreviated pre-game drills they noticed that they could not get their enlarged heads inside of their helmets so they end up forfeiting the game.

And that's how the matchup between LaGrange and Bellville came about.

Guys, have fun, no injuries, it's STILL just a game.

the tigers are back
11-25-2003, 06:59 PM
I really don't know much about Marlin,but i can tell you this Lagrange will not just go away,because every game they played they was in it.The Yoakum game was close and the giddings game was close,but i guess if you really look at it bellville blew out gidings.I guess what i'm saying we sometimes like to look at past scores and try to match them with other teams scores.I'm just gonna say this that the leps are very quick at the ball,but they just don't have enough speed to contend on a strong defense.I hear that Marlin is very big and fast so i guess that summs it up Marlin should come out on top,but let me remind ya'll the leps could suprise ya'll.I will have to say the only way the leps could win this game is that if marlin plays very poor according the all these topics. Marlin 42 :D
Lagrange14

marlin fan
11-25-2003, 07:13 PM
I dont know much about Lagrange but i hear they are really good. then again you have to be really good to make it this far.
but i have to go with my Bulldawgs
Marlin 35
lagrange 21

Bob
11-25-2003, 07:27 PM
lepfan, I am not cutting LG at all,but I think they are big time over achievers. I wish we were in the same boat. That is a credit to the town.

espn1
11-25-2003, 08:47 PM
duckbutter:
Marlin 42
LaGrange 7
But you never know.....Good Guess!

LH Panther Mom
11-25-2003, 08:49 PM
Bob:
lepfan, I am not cutting LG at all,but I think they are big time over achievers. I wish we were in the same boat. That is a credit to the town.Hey, Bob....there's nothing wrong with overachievers. My son is one. wink

jason
11-25-2003, 08:54 PM
marlin 38
la grange 35

bulldogman
11-25-2003, 09:04 PM
Just wanted to remind Duckbutter that Marlin played Burnet a team who did test their secondary and they are very very good. Marlin 30 LaGrange 14.

bud4u
11-25-2003, 09:14 PM
all this talk about this game. i do believe that the same talk was going on about newton marlin game. marlin still playing
im a marlin fan i try not to down grade any other team because those are kids out there playing a game we all love for our enjoyment .
i wish the best of luck , safe and clean game both for teams and fans

may god be with yall on this thanks giving

if your going to be a DAWG BE A MARLIN BULLDOG...

MARLIN 42 la grange 14

eye of the tiger
11-25-2003, 09:20 PM
La Grange by 10. Hard knocking focused football by the Leopards will win this game.

Happy Thanksgiving all.

98Eagle
11-25-2003, 09:25 PM
I'm pulling for Marlin in this one and will predict them by 14+. I admit that I know little about LaGrange this year but I think Marlin will be hard to beat.

Chris Hart
11-25-2003, 10:15 PM
Marlin by 30+. Just too much talent for the Leps to handle.

Brahma73
11-25-2003, 10:36 PM
Marlin 33
La Grange 13

faithfuldog
11-26-2003, 12:26 PM
Have not seen LG this year but from years past I know they are a well coached team that will play a full 48 minutes.... if the Dawgs play focused ball with few penalties, turnovers, etc. then LG will not stay close.... Marlin by 21

faithfuldog
11-26-2003, 12:26 PM
Have not seen LG this year but from years past I know they are a well coached team that will play a full 48 minutes.... if the Dawgs play focused ball with few penalties, turnovers, etc. then LG will not stay close.... Marlin by 21

RBARKER
11-26-2003, 01:34 PM
Marlin by 21

WoodvilleFan
11-26-2003, 02:47 PM
In the Jasper/Waco Connally game I heard a BRILLIANT observation by a Jasper wannabe coach in the stands tell his buddy that the two point conversion play to tie Connally was going to be either a run or a pass.

Based on the brilliance of this I pick either Marlin or LaGrange to win.

MARLINFAN
11-26-2003, 08:41 PM
marlin 31- lg 14

Old Cardinal
11-26-2003, 08:53 PM
I saw Orangefield play LaGrange on Friday night and I saw Marlin play Newton on Saturday night. Marlin has the much stronger team, by far. Orangefield was a better team that LaGrange and also Newton was a better team than LaGrange. Look for Marlin to advance; playing their subs and resting folks for the big game the next week.

shooootno15
11-26-2003, 09:28 PM
marlins big headedness almost cost them the game...
marlin-28
La Grange-21

Pudlugger
11-27-2003, 09:21 AM
Well, so far 21 posters feel Marlin will win and 3 think La Grange will win. I can say with some authority La Grange is the underdog (no pun intended) in this game. :D :cool:

afflac65
11-27-2003, 08:09 PM
i like marlin by 20 in this game and then next week beat bellville by 10....

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
11-27-2003, 09:09 PM
GO LEPS GO
GO LEPS GO
I feel like calling in to work just to make it to this game,
I say LaGrange by only a TD, but I think this game well be a low scoring game.
LaGrange concentrate on the game, NO TURNOVERS, AND NO MISTAKES,
GO LEPS GO.

Ranger05
11-27-2003, 09:58 PM
im going to say Marlin by 28 they have to much talent.