PDA

View Full Version : Rick Gosselin says the Cowboys are..

Txbroadcaster
07-28-2011, 06:41 AM
in a rebuilding year this year...I cant read the article because it is behind the DMN pay wall, but I actually have thought that for some time..especially with the OL moves they have made and Garrett's first full year as HC I do think this is a bit of of starting over this year...not saying the Cowboys are tearing down and going 4-12..but I do think this team would sacrifice a win here and there to develop some of the young players going forward

poisoned10
07-28-2011, 08:04 AM
Maybe MJ can get some pt this year Roy Williams gone?

Farmersfan
07-28-2011, 08:26 AM
in a rebuilding year this year...I cant read the article because it is behind the DMN pay wall, but I actually have thought that for some time..especially with the OL moves they have made and Garrett's first full year as HC I do think this is a bit of of starting over this year...not saying the Cowboys are tearing down and going 4-12..but I do think this team would sacrifice a win here and there to develop some of the young players going forward

Sacrificing a win here or there would be 4-12 TXB.

And I think the rebuilding was started last season with the head coaching change. The players on this team are equal or better than 99% of the teams in the NFL. It was execution and effort that has caused the recent suckage. Last season was an anomoly! This team was an 11-5 team in 09' and should have gotten better last season because they added a lot of talent. A lot of media (National) people projected the Cowboys to have the best chances of being the only NFL team to ever play in a Superbowl at home and I think the players bought into that crap way too much. Training camps being moved to all these different locations so the players spent most of their time talking about the great season they were going to have instead of getting ready for that great season. Camp Cupcake combined with all the hype and star treatment produced a talented team that was no more ready to play football than you and I. I fully expect a big bounce back season for this team. Even the most arrogant and superstar attitude of most of their big name players had to be embarrassed about last season so I expect they will be out to prove something this season. Combine that with the fact that a lot of veteran players are getting cut all over the league and it should get these guys playing ball instead of just going through the motions. I think last year showed us that this team still has a lot of T.O., Pac-Man and Patrick Crayton attitude left on it where everyone thinks the fault lies with someone else and nobody is stepping up to take responsibility. Roy Williams and G. Sensabaugh are perfect examples of the kinds of players on this team. The worst underachieving season in team history and these guys still think they are worth 3 or 4 times the money they really earned. Have you heard any stories of any of the Superstars stepping up to redo their contracts to help the team? I haven't heard a single one and it bothers me while also explaining a lot..................

Txbroadcaster
07-28-2011, 08:42 AM
. Have you heard any stories of any of the Superstars stepping up to redo their contracts to help the team? I haven't heard a single one and it bothers me while also explaining a lot..................

Dallas has not yet approached Ware, Romo or Miles about redoing contracts..I think they are waiting to see if they need to first..if not, save that for next year.

BEAST
07-28-2011, 08:46 AM
Dallas has not yet approached Ware, Romo or Miles about redoing contracts..I think they are waiting to see if they need to first..if not, save that for next year.

Yesterday on ESPN, they said those 3 guys contracts were set up in such a way to redo them this year. Ironic? I bet a pretty penny those guys agree and redo them.

BEAST

Txbroadcaster
07-28-2011, 08:48 AM
Yesterday on ESPN, they said those 3 guys contracts were set up in such a way to redo them this year. Ironic? I bet a pretty penny those guys agree and redo them.

BEAST

they would in a heartbeat..and Jerry has always set up all contracts to make it easy to redo..he knew early the way to combat the cap is redoing..same with Free...if in 3 years Free shows he is a top LT Jones will tear up the 4th year and rework it

Farmersfan
07-28-2011, 09:11 AM

I have no doubts that those guys would agree to redo their contracts. And I wouldn't be surprised if the discussions have already happened behind the scenes. I was essentually comparing this Dallas situation to other teams. The Jets lost in the AFC championship game and their (Young and inexperienced) QB has already announced to the world that he and any of the other stars on the team would redo their contracts to get (insert player name) on their team. I would have liked to see Romo step up and tell everyone that last season was unacceptable and they would all do whatever they needed to do to get the team back on top. I'm looking for a winners attitude TXB. I don't see it from any of these players right now. But I have seen a lot of GOLF stories from our Star QB and a lot of off field nonsense from our Star Receiver! But it's still early. We'll see...................

Txbroadcaster
07-28-2011, 09:22 AM
I have no doubts that those guys would agree to redo their contracts. And I wouldn't be surprised if the discussions have already happened behind the scenes. I was essentually comparing this Dallas situation to other teams. The Jets lost in the AFC championship game and their (Young and inexperienced) QB has already announced to the world that he and any of the other stars on the team would redo their contracts to get (insert player name) on their team. I would have liked to see Romo step up and tell everyone that last season was unacceptable and they would all do whatever they needed to do to get the team back on top. I'm looking for a winners attitude TXB. I don't see it from any of these players right now. But I have seen a lot of GOLF stories from our Star QB and a lot of off field nonsense from our Star Receiver! But it's still early. We'll see...................

ehh I dont take stock in that kind of stuff..did Sanchez have a press conference to say he would? no..he was asked in an interview..Just like Ware was asked in an interview and he said yes he would do it...has anyone asked Romo?

Txbroadcaster
07-28-2011, 09:27 AM
BTw I think Romo proved his leadership ability with how he set up the off season workouts..EVERY Cowboy has said he was the one who got them planned, set up and executed. Peter King even commented that Romo led probably the best off season program by players.

Farmersfan
07-28-2011, 10:49 AM
BTw I think Romo proved his leadership ability with how he set up the off season workouts..EVERY Cowboy has said he was the one who got them planned, set up and executed. Peter King even commented that Romo led probably the best off season program by players.

And hopefully that will translate on the field. Even with the residue of last season still stinking up the place I can't help but have a lot of hope for this upcoming season. Too optimistic about the Cowboy chances? Maybe. But I really can't see any proud athlete not having a chip on their shoulder after last season. And the Cowboy schedule is way easier this season. Wouldn't a 10-6 season this year be veiwed as a failure for this team? I think so.......

Txbroadcaster
07-28-2011, 10:57 AM
Wouldn't a 10-6 season this year be veiwed as a failure for this team? I think so.......

REALLY?!?!?! this is the problem with Cowboy fans..they would view a 10-6 as a failure after a 6-10 season..u keep taling about the schedule..first off not like they are playing the worst schedule in league, they are playing the 15th schedule..opponents this year had a .509 record last year...also we all know in this era of the NFL a team that was bad last year means NOTHING this year

the 2010 had holes..OL...secondary....and they still have holes or questions at those position, plus DL..so if Dallas is 10-6 this year and a Cowboy fan says it is a failure, I truly have to ask how sane that Cowboy fan is

coach
07-28-2011, 11:30 AM
It's hilarious to me how a guy can get ripped for playing golf in the off-season.

Emerson1
07-28-2011, 11:38 AM
It's hilarious to me how a guy can get ripped for playing golf in the off-season.
It's ONLY Tony Romo who gets ripped for it and it's because he is good and he makes headlines. It's past the point of how pathetic farmersfan has become in his hate for Tony Romo. He still thinks Dallas has top 3 talent at every single position except quarterback where we have bottom 3 talent. I really don't get why terry still bothers arguing with this guy.

Farmersfan
07-28-2011, 12:24 PM
It's ONLY Tony Romo who gets ripped for it and it's because he is good and he makes headlines. It's past the point of how pathetic farmersfan has become in his hate for Tony Romo. He still thinks Dallas has top 3 talent at every single position except quarterback where we have bottom 3 talent. I really don't get why terry still bothers arguing with this guy.

So did you bump your head when you fell off the turnip truck last night?

Farmersfan
07-28-2011, 12:37 PM
REALLY?!?!?! this is the problem with Cowboy fans..they would view a 10-6 as a failure after a 6-10 season..u keep taling about the schedule..first off not like they are playing the worst schedule in league, they are playing the 15th schedule..opponents this year had a .509 record last year...also we all know in this era of the NFL a team that was bad last year means NOTHING this year

the 2010 had holes..OL...secondary....and they still have holes or questions at those position, plus DL..so if Dallas is 10-6 this year and a Cowboy fan says it is a failure, I truly have to ask how sane that Cowboy fan is

How many more wins does a 509% vs a 549% last season equal?
How many more wins does a full season with Garrett and new D.Cord equal?
How many more wins does a full season with Romo and Dez Healthy equal?
And How many more win does a "REAL" training camp without all the team hype and new stadium crap equal?
And according to you Dallas is addressing their "HOLES" so how many more wins does that equal?

I'm thinking at least 5 more wins.

Txbroadcaster
07-28-2011, 12:57 PM
How many more wins does a 509% vs a 549% last season equal?
How many more wins does a full season with Garrett and new D.Cord equal?
How many more wins does a full season with Romo and Dez Healthy equal?
And How many more win does a "REAL" training camp without all the team hype and new stadium crap equal?
And according to you Dallas is addressing their "HOLES" so how many more wins does that equal?

I'm thinking at least 5 more wins.

new stadium? this is 3rd year of stadium..so IMO all the new stadium talked died after year one

Where did I say Dallas has addressed any holes? I said they are making changes, does not mean it fixes things, just means they are trying new things

all that still does not address the point that if Dallas goes 10-6 after a 6-10 year how could any fan view that as a failure

Farmersfan
07-28-2011, 02:39 PM
new stadium? this is 3rd year of stadium..so IMO all the new stadium talked died after year one

Where did I say Dallas has addressed any holes? I said they are making changes, does not mean it fixes things, just means they are trying new things

all that still does not address the point that if Dallas goes 10-6 after a 6-10 year how could any fan view that as a failure

Well I guess it all depends on if you believe Dallas was a 6-10 team last season.

If every single thing happened exactly the same way except Romo doesn't get hurt and starts all 16 games what do you think the Dallas record would have been last season?

Macarthur
07-28-2011, 03:11 PM
I'm optimistic because of one thing - Jason Garrett.

I see some Tom Landry in this guy. I believe he is the real deal.

Roughneck93
07-28-2011, 03:19 PM

I do think he's the right guy for the job. He will get everything out of this team.

BEAST
07-28-2011, 03:20 PM

Jimmy Johnson disciple. If Jerry will let him, he will get it done.

BEAST

coach
07-29-2011, 10:38 AM
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/6812996/dallas-cowboys-tony-romo-just-glad-field-injured-2010

now are you happy ff? im sure you will find something to blame him on but at least he did what you asked