PDA

View Full Version : region 3 non-poll hooey

sTxforlife
07-25-2011, 12:44 PM
anybody but sealy

FB-fanatic
07-25-2011, 04:18 PM
Yeah, no love for District 9. Let me give you some numbers:

Simpson QB (Lorena) 2010 ~ 5 ½ games – 634 yds passing – 496 yds rushing – 1130 combined yds

Returns in 2011 for Sr year.

In spite of Simpson blowing out knee, Leopards still beat La Vega, with backup QB 5’8” 165lbs. Go on to win tough District 9 and beat Mexia in playoffs before losing out to Athens.

2009 with 4 key Soph’s (now Srs) win District 9, and go on in the playoffs to defeat Brownsboro, Center, Coldspring, and play the eventual state champ Carthage to there closest game of the playoffs, with Lorena finishing the season as one of the top 8 teams in the state.

Lorena returns the districts 3 statistical leaders in passing, rushing, and receiving.

2011 State quarter-finalist 7v7.

2010-2011 7th ranked 3A school – UIL Texas Lone Star Cup – All around sports.

Sure, La Vega has Starts but very hard to overlook the Leopards after being picked behind La Vega the last two years, yet winning the district, with a group of seniors who have lost a total of 7 games in 5 years.

Rabid Cougar
07-26-2011, 06:39 AM
Yeah, no love for District 9. Let me give you some numbers:

Simpson QB (Lorena) 2010 ~ 5 ½ games – 634 yds passing – 496 yds rushing – 1130 combined yds

Returns in 2011 for Sr year.

In spite of Simpson blowing out knee, Leopards still beat La Vega, with backup QB 5’8” 165lbs. Go on to win tough District 9 and beat Mexia in playoffs before losing out to Athens.

2009 with 4 key Soph’s (now Srs) win District 9, and go on in the playoffs to defeat Brownsboro, Center, Coldspring, and play the eventual state champ Carthage to there closest game of the playoffs, with Lorena finishing the season as one of the top 8 teams in the state.

Lorena returns the districts 3 statistical leaders in passing, rushing, and receiving.

2011 State quarter-finalist 7v7.

2010-2011 7th ranked 3A school – UIL Texas Lone Star Cup – All around sports.

Sure, La Vega has Starts but very hard to overlook the Leopards after being picked behind La Vega the last two years, yet winning the district, with a group of seniors who have lost a total of 7 games in 5 years.

Still have to play China Spring in China Spring.

FB-fanatic
07-26-2011, 02:29 PM
Still have to play China Spring in China Spring.

That will be a tough one, especially at China. But definitely looking forward to it. Will you be in town for most or all the games? BTW, thanks for serving. The transfer-in QB from Clifton looked o.k. during 7 on 7. Also noticed ya'll picked a tall receiver from Robinson. Good luck on the season.

Rabid Cougar
07-27-2011, 09:59 AM
That will be a tough one, especially at China. But definitely looking forward to it. Will you be in town for most or all the games? BTW, thanks for serving. The transfer-in QB from Clifton looked o.k. during 7 on 7. Also noticed ya'll picked a tall receiver from Robinson. Good luck on the season.

In fact I am on my way home as I type... Albeit I won't get back to Waco until NEXT Wednesday. Sure I will be home for all the Friday night games with the youngest boy and have a full schedule of college ball on Saturday including road trips to Tuscallosa and Tulsa with the older boy.

Clifton move in QB is still learning the system and the Robinson transfer is a real athlete.

GrTigers6
07-28-2011, 06:06 AM
In fact I am on my way home as I type... Albeit I won't get back to Waco until NEXT Wednesday. Sure I will be home for all the Friday night games with the youngest boy and have a full schedule of college ball on Saturday including road trips to Tuscallosa and Tulsa with the older boy.

Clifton move in QB is still learning the system and the Robinson transfer is a real athlete.Is your son the one that went to UNT the same time as our QB Derek Thompson?

Rabid Cougar
07-31-2011, 03:42 AM
Yes. Youngest son is 55 this year.

bp80884
08-01-2011, 06:47 PM
It will be a fun year, can't wait to play Lorena. I root for the Leopards 9 weeks plus a year.

Go Cougs!

Bill, is Harris playing Soccer?

FB-fanatic
08-03-2011, 11:55 AM
Yep, he is playing soccer.