PDA

View Full Version : Soccer Coaching License?

hollywood
07-27-2011, 01:28 PM
Anyone have a youth soccer coaching license? I'm looking at getting a F license (U10-U11) but have read where, depending on coaching and playing experience, it's possible to skip levels and go straight to a D license (U16-U18) with approval from a director. Any feedback is appreciated.

Gsquared
07-27-2011, 01:31 PM
Anyone have a youth soccer coaching license? I'm looking at getting a F license (U10-U11) but have read where, depending on coaching and playing experience, it's possible to skip levels and go straight to a D license (U16-U18) with approval from a director. Any feedback is appreciated.
Hollywood, stay away for this particular sport. The ball is round and you cant pick it up unless your a goalie and even then there are only certain spots you can pick it up.

Old LB
07-27-2011, 01:32 PM
http://www.ntxsoccer.org/

Maybe this will help.

MGAR
07-27-2011, 01:32 PM
Hollywood, stay away for this particular sport. The ball is round and you cant pick it up unless your a goalie and even then there are only certain spots you can pick it up.

And they don't throw flags, they just hold up a colored index card.

hollywood
07-27-2011, 01:38 PM
Hollywood, stay away for this particular sport. The ball is round and you cant pick it up unless your a goalie and even then there are only certain spots you can pick it up. LOL.. sorry, it's in my blood. Greatest game on earth, besides football of course.

bobcat1
07-27-2011, 01:47 PM
Ask ETB. He is a guru among soccer coaches.

hollywood
07-27-2011, 01:51 PM
http://www.ntxsoccer.org/

Maybe this will help.

Thanks Old LB, I've been there done that. Just curious if any 3ADL peeps have any experience with it.

FB-fanatic
07-27-2011, 02:12 PM
Was on the Heart of Texas Soccer Board for 7 years, and yes, you can skip right to a 'D'. I have an E myself, but I have seen coaches waivered into the D.

"A coaching education waiver allows a coach to skip the state “E” course and enroll in the “D” course. "

The E was pretty grueling, physically. It was a 16 hour course. The D is a 36 hour course and is *very* tough.

FB-fanatic
07-27-2011, 02:29 PM
Just reread your post and realized you are proposing skipping two licenses and go from G to D. This would pretty unheard of. I would recommend jumping to an E license. That would be reasonable and will get you to U14. Then, with experience and time, pick up your D. Keep in mind, the D license is a 36 hour course and requires a full week.

hollywood
07-27-2011, 02:58 PM
Was on the Heart of Texas Soccer Board for 7 years, and yes, you can skip right to a 'D'. I have an E myself, but I have seen coaches waivered into the D.

"A coaching education waiver allows a coach to skip the state “E” course and enroll in the “D” course. "

The E was pretty grueling, physically. It was a 16 hour course. The D is a 36 hour course and is *very* tough. Thanks FB-fanatic. This is what I was looking for. I've looked into all levels and was interested in what it took to be waivered into a "D". And hearing from coaches that have gone through the clinics. I'm not saying I know everything about soccer but I've got extensive soccer experience and have played for over 14 years and the majority of it on upper level select teams most of my youth. I play on a mens team now and run marathons as means of staying fit. That should help with the field exercises. I thought about just getting the "F" then seeing about getting waiver for the "D" next year. Thanks again.

bp80884
08-02-2011, 07:42 PM
Thanks FB-fanatic. This is what I was looking for. I've looked into all levels and was interested in what it took to be waivered into a "D". And hearing from coaches that have gone through the clinics. I'm not saying I know everything about soccer but I've got extensive soccer experience and have played for over 14 years and the majority of it on upper level select teams most of my youth. I play on a mens team now and run marathons as means of staying fit. That should help with the field exercises. I thought about just getting the "F" then seeing about getting waiver for the "D" next year. Thanks again.

FB, are you saying all of those centers have actually been through training? Wow, now I really have a reason to yell, scream and complain!

TheDOCTORdre
08-02-2011, 08:59 PM
I want an F license :)

Ernest T Bass
08-02-2011, 09:20 PM
You need a liscense to coach soccer? ***?

bobcat1
08-02-2011, 09:50 PM
Ask ETB. He is a guru among soccer coaches.

You need a liscense to coach soccer? ***? Now you have the straight skinny on this.:wave:

FB-fanatic
08-02-2011, 10:36 PM
FB, are you saying all of those centers have actually been through training? Wow, now I really have a reason to yell, scream and complain!

Yep, that's our license to yell.. which I exercise quite often!