PDA

View Full Version : Rain this weekend?

bwdlionfan
07-27-2011, 11:36 AM
There is a tropical wave near the Yucatan Peninsula that's moving toward the Texas coast. They are saying it could become a tropical depression today, tropical storm tomorrow, and make landfall Friday night possibly as strong as a minimal hurricane. Right now they say there is an 80% chance of development with this system and a plane is flying out there now to gather more data on it. Everyone cross your fingers, say a prayer, do a rain dance, whatever you believe in.

eagleqb_14
07-27-2011, 02:06 PM
we need it!

BwdLion73
07-27-2011, 02:36 PM
I dont want to get too excited and ruin our chances but the last I checked storm watchers have it coming in somewhere near Matagorda Bay as a tropical storm or even a possible Cat 1 hurricane. I hope people are safe and have good insurance but this is what we have to have if it will move up through the Hill Country. Lake Brownwood is now over 13 1/2 feet below spillway. I'm about 6" from not being able to pump water to my sprinkler system.

bwdlionfan
07-27-2011, 03:09 PM
I dont want to get too excited and ruin our chances but the last I checked storm watchers have it coming in somewhere near Matagorda Bay as a tropical storm or even a possible Cat 1 hurricane. I hope people are safe and have good insurance but this is what we have to have if it will move up through the Hill Country. Lake Brownwood is now over 13 1/2 feet below spillway. I'm about 6" from not being able to pump water to my sprinkler system.

You pump directly out of the lake for your sprinkler system?

Txbroadcaster
07-27-2011, 03:12 PM
right now only saying slight chance for rain in DFW area for weekend..hope that changes

BwdLion73
07-27-2011, 03:32 PM
You pump directly out of the lake for your sprinkler system?

If you own waterfront property you are allowed one line with unlimited water usage. (raw water) I have a 1 1/2 inch line with a foot valve off my pier which I pump into my sprinkler system and outside hoses.

Matthew328
07-27-2011, 04:19 PM
If you own waterfront property you are allowed one line with unlimited water usage. (raw water) I have a 1 1/2 inch line with a foot valve off my pier which I pump into my sprinkler system and outside hoses.

Tropical Storm Don

BRING SOME RAIN!!!
Keep the wind and damage though.

Roughneck93
07-27-2011, 04:38 PM
This is my only complaint on living by the coast. Hurricane Season!
Hurricane prep at home and work sucks!!

Looking4number8
07-27-2011, 04:46 PM
[QUOTE=BwdLion73;1595438]I dont want to get too excited and ruin our chances but the last I checked storm watchers have it coming in somewhere near Matagorda Bay as a tropical storm or even a possible Cat 1 hurricane. I hope people are safe and have good insurance but this is what we have to have if it will move up through the Hill Country. Lake Brownwood is now over 13 1/2 feet below spillway. I'm about 6" from not being able to pump water to my sprinkler system.[/QUOTE

We expanded my dad's water line years ago and it seemed we had put it out far enough. Not so, his line went dry over 60 days ago, luckly the "Brooksmith water system" expanded to his area a couple of years ago and he had joined on just because he is getting too old to maintain his own system.

Saggy Aggie
07-27-2011, 04:47 PM
LOL we're in the middle of a drought and you're concerned about watering your grass?

GrTigers6
07-27-2011, 05:34 PM
LOL we're in the middle of a drought and you're concerned about watering your grass?Well that and water recreation, what else do you need water for?:D

Sweetwater Red
07-27-2011, 06:34 PM
The Big Country needs rain in the worst way. Anybody that has followed the Abilene area news knows that Nolan, Fisher, Scurry, Mitchell and Runnels Counties have been plagued with wildfires for the last three months.

bwdlionfan
07-27-2011, 06:58 PM

I wasn't aware of that. I bet very few people with waterfront property take part in the water rationing either.

BwdLion73
07-28-2011, 01:39 PM
Water rationing rules apply no matter where you are getting your water. My house is City water. I still follow all the rules for water rationing since the yard system is from the Lake. I know that this drought is a hundred times more destructive to peoples lives and livelyhood than to me, but I can still be concerned about the time and money I spent on my property. :twitch:

trojandad
07-28-2011, 02:39 PM
Water rationing rules apply no matter where you are getting your water. My house is City water. I still follow all the rules for water rationing since the yard system is from the Lake. I know that this drought is a hundred times more destructive to peoples lives and livelyhood than to me, but I can still be concerned about the time and money I spent on my property. :twitch:

actually many moons ago there was a lawsuit filed establishing the rights of TRA ppty owners (i.e. lake livingston, trinity river ppty owners) as to their rights for taking water from TRA waterways during drought times....the suit was filed by those saying their agreement upon ppty purchase was with a federal entity and superceded any state or local rulings calling for rationing....the case ruled in favor of the ppty owners, saying they could pull all the water for personal usage they wished as per their TRA purchase agreement....

your right in that others should be considered in whether they pull from any body during drought times, but what gets me is that in all the years i lived on lake livingston, my lawn never needed watering as the lake brought the water table up so high it was unnecessary.....i always used lake water to my fish cleaning sink in the boathouse, and once ran a hose to the sink in the boathouse to wash my car, but other than that lake water wasnt a usuable commodity in most cases.....

Snotbubbles
07-28-2011, 03:51 PM
It's so dry here, I seen two trees fighting over a poodle.

BEAST
07-28-2011, 04:47 PM
It's so dry here, I seen two trees fighting over a poodle.

What did the dog do?

BEAST

BEAST
07-28-2011, 04:47 PM
Its so dang dry here, our catfish have ticks on em.

BEAST

Tejastrue
07-28-2011, 05:31 PM
http://www.resizemypicture.com/pictures//8824e31e174b8cf31311891828.jpeg

Roughneck93
07-28-2011, 05:32 PM
http://www.resizemypicture.com/pictures//8824e31e174b8cf31311891828.jpeg

That's a good one! :clap: