PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Cowboys to cut Roy williams

turbostud
07-26-2011, 05:25 PM
Marion the Barbarion as well.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/6803845/dallas-cowboys-cut-receiver-roy-williams

bobcat1
07-26-2011, 06:32 PM
Leonard Davis and Marc Columbo also from what I hear. Can't say I blame them at all for cutting those ties.

1st and goal
07-26-2011, 08:09 PM
Can't they trade for some peeps???
Or is it a payroll downsizing like the Feds need to do.

bobcat1
07-26-2011, 09:12 PM
Can't they trade for some peeps???
Or is it a payroll downsizing like the Feds need to do. Zactly on both.:2thumbsup

trojandad
07-26-2011, 10:00 PM
i know barber is one tough guy, and hes fun to watch for the 1st ten yds, but he has to have been caught from behind more than any starting rb i know.....he must have caught jj sleeping with someone to have stayed as long as he did....

Phil C
07-27-2011, 07:58 AM
:crying:

Farmersfan
07-27-2011, 08:38 AM
I feel sorry for some the guys that will be cut. Roy Williams had his issues "on the field" when he was here and most will say he was extremely overpaid but I always liked him. but I think he earned getting cut when he commented that he wanted to stay in Dallas but would not take less money. He isn't worth near what he was getting paid and the fact that he doesn't know that is a sign of what has been wrong with the Cowboys for years. Someone needed to ruffle R. Williams feathers a couple of years ago and let him know he isn't living up to his expectations and the highway will soon be his best friend. But Cupcake Wade was a emotional hugger and JJ babied these guys way too much. Time to kick some butts and start expecting the boys to produce. I like these moves so far!

Farmersfan
07-27-2011, 08:41 AM
What are the odds that Dallas resigns L. Davis to a much lesser amount once nobody picks him up for the money he was making in Dallas? He is still one of the most dominating figures of all linemen in the NFL. With the right motivation he could still be a major part of a great OL.

Txbroadcaster
07-27-2011, 08:45 AM
I think both Williams and Davis could be resigned at lower amount..same with Columbo if they do make the decision to cut him

RoyceTTU
07-27-2011, 08:51 AM
I read somewhere yesterday that cutting and resigning is going to be common over the next few weeks for many of the teams to get their payroll in line. Should be interesting.

Emerson1
07-27-2011, 09:03 AM
I think both Williams and Davis could be resigned at lower amount..same with Columbo if they do make the decision to cut him
If they Roy goes away he will still count like 7 mil towards the cap. If they resign him, will that 7 mil disappear or would he count as 7 + whatever he gets?

Txbroadcaster
07-27-2011, 09:06 AM
If they Roy goes away he will still count like 7 mil towards the cap. If they resign him, will that 7 mil disappear or would he count as 7 + whatever he gets?

if he resigns the hit goes away and the new salary is on the books

Farmersfan
07-27-2011, 09:47 AM

Would you go after one of the veteran O-linemen that the Giants will release? Shaun O'Hara and Rich Seubert were both pretty good OL players.

Txbroadcaster
07-27-2011, 09:51 AM
Would you go after one of the veteran O-linemen that the Giants will release? Shaun O'Hara and Rich Seubert were both pretty good OL players.

only in a last gasp the young guys are not moving along well enough to start season..or as depth only..u sign those to start your looking at same issues you have with Davis and Colombo

Farmersfan
07-27-2011, 10:16 AM
only in a last gasp the young guys are not moving along well enough to start season..or as depth only..u sign those to start your looking at same issues you have with Davis and Colombo

Isn't this comment contrary to what you have been saying about the Dallas OL for a couple of years now? If either one of these players are backups on the Dallas OL then the Dallas OL is not near as bad as you like to indicate. These are two very good players still.

Roughneck93
07-27-2011, 11:46 AM

I was thinking the same thing until I read that they are coming off some pretty serious surgeries. They may not be ready for the start of the season. I think Dallas is better off resigning both Kosier and Colombo.

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/giantsblog/giants_release_seubert_ybzB1ITQtDPC3yJ4zGjDbI

Eagle 1
07-27-2011, 11:59 AM
Personally I think those are good cuts and they need to make a few more on the defensive side of the ball.
I'm so glad they got rid of no route running butterfingers Williams.

Txbroadcaster
07-27-2011, 01:19 PM
Isn't this comment contrary to what you have been saying about the Dallas OL for a couple of years now? If either one of these players are backups on the Dallas OL then the Dallas OL is not near as bad as you like to indicate. These are two very good players still.

I am sorry I am confused by what your saying here

Emerson1
07-27-2011, 01:29 PM
He is saying that those free agents are really good and that if you want them here as backups that must mean you think Dallas has a top 5 o-line while all along you say they are average.

It was some bait he threw out.

Farmersfan
07-27-2011, 01:34 PM
I was thinking the same thing until I read that they are coming off some pretty serious surgeries. They may not be ready for the start of the season. I think Dallas is better off resigning both Kosier and Colombo.

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/giantsblog/giants_release_seubert_ybzB1ITQtDPC3yJ4zGjDbI

Now it makes sense why NY cut them.

Txbroadcaster
07-27-2011, 01:36 PM
He is saying that those free agents are really good and that if you want them here as backups that must mean you think Dallas has a top 5 o-line while all along you say they are average.

It was some bait he threw out.

ahhh..well no that makes no sense FF because the biggest weaknesses are being replaced ..what I said was I would only bring those two in camp if Smith and whoever they put in at guard for Davis show they are not going to be ready to be starters day one

Farmersfan
07-27-2011, 01:43 PM

Emerson was correct on my meaning but not the bait part. We disagree enough without throwing bait around. My point was that you have dissed the Dallas OL for a couple of years now and I felt these two players released from the Giants were very good players that could help us. But indicated Dallas should use them as backups which means you consider the existing players to be better than these two players. But I wasn't aware of the injuries when I posted that. But even if they can only produce close to their past ability then wouldn't they upgrade a Dallas Line that you consider way below average?

Txbroadcaster
07-27-2011, 01:47 PM
Emerson was correct on my meaning but not the bait part. We disagree enough without throwing bait around. My point was that you have dissed the Dallas OL for a couple of years now and I felt these two players released from the Giants were very good players that could help us. But indicated Dallas should use them as backups which means you consider the existing players to be better than these two players. But I wasn't aware of the injuries when I posted that. But even if they can only produce close to their past ability then wouldn't they upgrade a Dallas Line that you consider way below average?

I would rather use Smith at T if he is ready then another older T

Farmersfan
07-27-2011, 01:56 PM
ahhh..well no that makes no sense FF because the biggest weaknesses are being replaced ..what I said was I would only bring those two in camp if Smith and whoever they put in at guard for Davis show they are not going to be ready to be starters day one

I'm not real sure what you mean by "Being replaced"? Dumping Davis makes this team much, much weaker. Dispite how much Davis under achieved he was still their best RG by a long, long shot. T. Smith will certainly help on the line but if they don't get a couple of free agents then this OL will be a lot worst off than it was last season. Free, Kosier, Gurode, Smith and (Holland, Arkin or costa) is hardly going to be better than last season's OL.

Txbroadcaster
07-27-2011, 01:58 PM
I'm not real sure what you mean by "Being replaced"? Dumping Davis makes this team much, much weaker. Dispite how much Davis under achieved he was still their best RG by a long, long shot. T. Smith will certainly help on the line but if they don't get a couple of free agents then this OL will be a lot worst off than it was last season. Free, Kosier, Gurode, Smith and (Holland, Arkin or costa) is hardly going to be better than last season's OL.

Davis was so bad last year he was replaced by Holland and only got back on the field when Holland got hurt

Farmersfan
07-27-2011, 02:04 PM
I would rather use Smith at T if he is ready then another older T

The spot next to Smith on the line will the weakness on this team if they don't sign someone else. Who plays tackle if Smith plays guard? Who plays guard if Smith plays tackle? Here's the choices on this team now:

Columbo
Holland
Parnell
S. Young
Arkin
Nagy
costa
Barron

Txbroadcaster
07-27-2011, 02:07 PM
The spot next to Smith on the line will the weakness on this team if they don't sign someone else. Who plays tackle if Smith plays guard? Who plays guard if Smith plays tackle? Here's the choices on this team now:

Columbo
Holland
Parnell
S. Young
Arkin
Nagy
costa
Barron

I think they will roll out Arkin first

Farmersfan
07-27-2011, 02:08 PM
Davis was so bad last year he was replaced by Holland and only got back on the field when Holland got hurt

I don't remember Davis missing any games. He started all 16 games. I remember he made the coach mad one time and Garrett pulled him for less than a quarter but then put him right back in the game. He didn't have a good year but he was still better than anything they had on the bench.

Txbroadcaster
07-27-2011, 02:13 PM
I don't remember Davis missing any games. He started all 16 games. I remember he made the coach mad one time and Garrett pulled him for less than a quarter but then put him right back in the game. He didn't have a good year but he was still better than anything they had on the bench.

Leonard Davis has made the Pro Bowl the last three years since joining the Cowboys. Now there's question about whether he will continue as the team's starting right guard.

Davis was benched in the second quarter of Sunday's loss to Tennessee in favor of Montrae Holland. He only returned to the game after Holland suffered an eye injury

Farmersfan
07-27-2011, 02:14 PM
On another note: What do you think about Abram Elam from Cleveland? there is a lot of talk flying around that this guys knows Rob Ryan's system and is probably the most likely pickup. Weddle has already signed with SD and I don't think Dallas will offer enough to get Asomugha.

Txbroadcaster
07-27-2011, 02:15 PM
I also wnt to add I dont think Davis is a good fit anymore for what Dallas is going to do..Garrett already said they want to spread the field more get Jones to the outside more..and with Barber gone this team is going to get away from the straight ahead blocking and going to pull the guards more and so on.

Txbroadcaster
07-27-2011, 02:16 PM
On another note: What do you think about Abram Elam from Cleveland? there is a lot of talk flying around that this guys knows Rob Ryan's system and is probably the most likely pickup. Weddle has already signed with SD and I don't think Dallas will offer enough to get Asomugha.

I like Elam..saw him play pretty good agianst Saints last year

I dont think Dallas needs to break the bank on an older CB..lets see what Ryan does with Jenkins and Newman..I still say the safety played hung them out to dry a bunch last year

Farmersfan
07-27-2011, 02:25 PM
I like Elam..saw him play pretty good agianst Saints last year

I dont think Dallas needs to break the bank on an older CB..lets see what Ryan does with Jenkins and Newman..I still say the safety played hung them out to dry a bunch last year

Elam is a safety. And I agree that Newman and Jenkins can still be very good. And based on what Ryan was able to do in Cleveland I think he will have this defense playing WAY better.

Txbroadcaster
07-27-2011, 02:28 PM
Elam is a safety. And I agree that Newman and Jenkins can still be very good. And based on what Ryan was able to do in Cleveland I think he will have this defense playing WAY better.

No I meant dont oversign for Asomugha

Farmersfan
07-27-2011, 02:33 PM
No I meant dont oversign for Asomugha

I agree! If they can get him for a decent price that doesn't kill any other moves then that's good. But I think Newman and Jenkins are good enough that if they get some better safeties those guys will look like the old Dallas D-backs. I heard ton's of whispers that Sensabaugh would be going to Houston but since the CBA was signed I have not heard a single rumor. You heard anything?

Txbroadcaster
07-27-2011, 02:40 PM
I agree! If they can get him for a decent price that doesn't kill any other moves then that's good. But I think Newman and Jenkins are good enough that if they get some better safeties those guys will look like the old Dallas D-backs. I heard ton's of whispers that Sensabaugh would be going to Houston but since the CBA was signed I have not heard a single rumor. You heard anything?

Ole Gerald thinks he is a 5 million a year guy..so it might take him awhile to realize he aint

forum_guy
07-27-2011, 02:41 PM
Most fans don't want to admit it but I said it was at the time. So how stupid does it look that they gave those those draft picks a way for a bust who they thought would resurrect the WR position? That's funny

Farmersfan
07-27-2011, 02:44 PM
Most fans don't want to admit it but I said it was at the time. So how stupid does it look that they gave those those draft picks a way for a bust who they thought would resurrect the WR position? That's funny

They certainly didn't get their money's worth with R. Williams. but I am glad we have a owner that is willing to take the chance. My problem is how long they kept him here after they found out he SUCKED....(and how much they continued to pay him)

Txbroadcaster
07-27-2011, 02:48 PM
They certainly didn't get their money's worth with R. Williams. but I am glad we have a owner that is willing to take the chance. My problem is how long they kept him here after they found out he SUCKED....(and how much they continued to pay him)

to be fair to ole Roy...last year until Romo got hurt he was having a very solid year...Kitna just did not have the arm strength to throw the routes that Roy runs best outside the numbers...but your right about the money part

Roughneck93
07-27-2011, 03:27 PM

Did San Diego just drive the price up for this year's FA safties? Five years, $40 million, $19 million guaranteed. Not saying Weddle isn't good but that is a lot of money!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/conversations/_/id/6809113/san-diego-chargers-eric-weddle-agree-deal-sources-say-worth-40m

Farmersfan
07-28-2011, 02:48 PM
Latest Cowboys Tweets:

Cowboys sign Cedar Hill's Josh Thomas.
Dex says he is ready to step up as a starter with R. Williams gone.
Romo willing to restructure contract.
Kevin Kolb deal is done with Arizona.

Roughneck93
07-28-2011, 02:54 PM
Latest Cowboys Tweets:

Cowboys sign Cedar Hill's Josh Thomas.
Dex says he is ready to step up as a starter with R. Williams gone.
Romo willing to restructure contract.
Kevin Kolb deal is done with Arizona.

I'm hearing first round pick Tyron Smith has signed?

Eagle 1
07-28-2011, 06:11 PM
http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jul/26/former-ahs-tech-receiver-leong-signs-free-agent/?partner=RSS

Former Abilene High and Texas Tech wide receiver Lyle Leong has agreed to terms on a free- agent contract with the Dallas Cowboys.

Undrafted players and NFL free agents were unable to sign with teams during the league's 4½ month lockout, which ended Monday.

Leong, who made 91 catches for 1,8250 yards and 23 touchdowns in his final two years at AHS, closed out a four-year collegiate career at Tech with a senior season in which he caught 74 passes for 926 yards and 19 touchdowns.

In four years in Lubbock, he totaled 152 receptions for 1,877 yards and 32 scores.

According to Internet reports, Leong's quarterback and AHS and Texas Tech teammate, Taylor Potts, has also signed a free agent deal, his with the St. Louis Rams.

Potts, a two-year starter at Tech, passed for 3,726 yards and 35 touchdowns against just 10 interceptions in his final year in Lubbock.

Txbroadcaster
07-28-2011, 06:51 PM
HEre ya go FF

The Cowboys will likely need to restructure the contracts of Tony Romo, Miles Austin and DeMarcus Ware to come in under the salary cap for this season.

Is Romo willing to do that?

"Absolutely,'' he said. "Anything the team needs. They know I'm here for that.

"Whenever that time comes, if they need it, we'll talk about it.''

Ranger Mom
07-29-2011, 08:41 AM
I just hope they win some games this year. I am right in the middle of a "Dallas Cowboys Man Cave" project for my husband. If I renovate that entire room into Blue and Gray and they suck, I will NOT be happy!! Neither will my granddaughter, she wanted a Toy Story theme, with Jessie the "cowgirl" as the main character, not the "Alice Cowboy!" :)

Roughneck93
07-29-2011, 10:23 AM
Looks like Roy will land in Chicago along with Sam Hurd. Receiving corps all of a sudden looking thin in Dallas.
Experience wise anyway.

Roughneck93
07-30-2011, 10:37 PM
Looks like Roy will land in Chicago along with Sam Hurd. Receiving corps all of a sudden looking thin in Dallas.
Experience wise anyway.

Oh yeah... the Bears also added Marion Barber. Interesting.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/30/bears-add-marion-barber-likely-lose-olin-kreutz/

Farmersfan
08-01-2011, 08:22 AM
I'm a little shocked and a little dismayed by the Cowboy's lack of activity so far. While the Eagles have made moves to put together a legendary defensive backfield the Cowboys have stayed with what was basically a team that underachieved badly last season. Not a single move that in my opinion does anything to make them better except for last season's coaching change. In fact I could offer the opinion that the release of L. Davis and Columbo actually makes them worst off than last season. Hopefully some moves will be coming in the next few days. Has Jerry lost his drive to win? Some might say he lost it a long time ago. I heard this weekend that since 2000 the Cowboys are a .500 team with a 88-88 record. That includes all the years of Bill Parcels who was supposed to be a coaching genius.

Thoughts? Insights?

Txbroadcaster
08-01-2011, 08:40 AM
I'm a little shocked and a little dismayed by the Cowboy's lack of activity so far. While the Eagles have made moves to put together a legendary defensive backfield the Cowboys have stayed with what was basically a team that underachieved badly last season. Not a single move that in my opinion does anything to make them better except for last season's coaching change. In fact I could offer the opinion that the release of L. Davis and Columbo actually makes them worst off than last season. Hopefully some moves will be coming in the next few days. Has Jerry lost his drive to win? Some might say he lost it a long time ago. I heard this weekend that since 2000 the Cowboys are a .500 team with a 88-88 record. That includes all the years of Bill Parcels who was supposed to be a coaching genius.

Thoughts? Insights?

I think it is the EXACT opposite...reports now are coming out Dallas was chasing Asomugha yes, but not as much as people were reporting..he was not a need but a luxury, one that in he past Jones would have went all out for just to be able to say we got a top FA.

The Safety market was overpriced with the Mikell, and Weddle deals, Dallas IMO is being smart and letting things settle and THEN find what they want. That is SMART and not JJ of the past overpaying older guys for past performance

all the talk of the Eagles..yet they still have a weak LB corp, Jenkins is nice sign on the DL, but he is not a force and they have no depth at RB, OL saftey, DL and LB.

Roughneck93
08-01-2011, 08:57 AM
I think it is the EXACT opposite...reports now are coming out Dallas was chasing Asomugha yes, but not as much as people were reporting..he was not a need but a luxury, one that in he past Jones would have went all out for just to be able to say we got a top FA.

The Safety market was overpriced with the Mikell, and Weddle deals, Dallas IMO is being smart and letting things settle and THEN find what they want. That is SMART and not JJ of the past overpaying older guys for past performance

all the talk of the Eagles..yet they still have a weak LB corp, Jenkins is nice sign on the DL, but he is not a force and they have no depth at RB, OL saftey, DL and LB.

That's the one area where Philly didn't improve. LBs. They are undersized.
Also, I agree that the safety market has been overpriced but I sure hope Dallas brings someone in. I was following their practice online yesterday and it it seemed like the receivers were picking apart the DBs during drills.

Txbroadcaster
08-01-2011, 09:00 AM
That's the one area where Philly didn't improve. LBs. They are undersized.
Also, I agree that the safety market has been overpriced but I sure hope Dallas brings someone in. I was following their practice online yesterday and it it seemed like the receivers were picking apart the DBs during drills.

I would hope the WR were picking apart the secondary right now..the D is learning a new system with no OTA or mini camps. They should be behind most of camp

a good sign is Dez and Jenkins have been going at it every day and reports are Jenkins is regaining that swagger

Farmersfan
08-01-2011, 09:11 AM

I agree completely with what you said! IF the Cowboys get someone signed that helps them. If not then nothing you said makes sense. Players are only overpriced if you can get them at a lower price. If you can't then the market price was set by someone else. And I was not overly fond of the idea of Dallas breaking the bank for Asomugha because that would have taken up way too much of the cap and prevented them from doing other things. (but they have to do other things for that statement to apply). I hope we hear of a lot of activity today for the Cowboys because the quality players that could really help them are falling off the board by the minute. They certainly don't need to sign players that aren't much better than the one's they have now.
And how do you feel about what seems to be a rash of injuries already in the training camp?

Roughneck93
08-01-2011, 09:15 AM
I would hope the WR were picking apart the secondary right now..the D is learning a new system with no OTA or mini camps. They should be behind most of camp

a good sign is Dez and Jenkins have been going at it every day and reports are Jenkins is regaining that swagger

Yeah I read that too about Jenkins. I hope he returns to his old form. CBs I think are fine. Safties won't be. I don't care how much practice they get.

Farmersfan
08-01-2011, 09:41 AM
Yeah I read that too about Jenkins. I hope he returns to his old form. CBs I think are fine. Safties won't be. I don't care how much practice they get.

Most of Jenkins ability relies on his being able to take a few chances and play very tight on a receiver because he knows he has help deep. How much swagger will he have if they don't get him that deep help? Just like last season he will lose his confidence really quick. I read that Jenkins got beat deep several times over the weekend. We need some quality safeties or our CBs are neutered.

Roughneck93
08-01-2011, 09:49 AM
Most of Jenkins ability relies on his being able to take a few chances and play very tight on a receiver because he knows he has help deep. How much swagger will he have if they don't get him that deep help? Just like last season he will lose his confidence really quick. I read that Jenkins got beat deep several times over the weekend. We need some quality safeties or our CBs are neutered.

Yep. I agree completely. Adding safety help is the key now.

Txbroadcaster
08-01-2011, 10:05 AM

imo improving the pass rush will hel Jenkins more than safety play...the safeties the year before were not great, but Dallas got to QB more

eagles_victory
08-01-2011, 10:27 AM

Thoughts? Insights? You said they had more talent than 99 percent of the teams in the league on another thread so if you believe that then why wouldn't you be happy they are standing back and keeping what they have.

Farmersfan
08-01-2011, 01:44 PM
You said they had more talent than 99 percent of the teams in the league on another thread so if you believe that then why wouldn't you be happy they are standing back and keeping what they have.

Several things wrong with your comment EV. Firstly, I never said it! Second, That basically means Dallas is better than 31 2/3 teams in the 32 team NFL! :crazy: (makes no sense). And finally, They didn't keep what they had. If I am counting correctly the Cowboys have dumped 9 players. If they fill those spots with quality free agents then once again most people will consider them one of the elite teams. Vegas already does and has given Dallas the 4th best odds in the NFC to win a Superbowl. And that's after a 6-10 record last year..............

Farmersfan
08-01-2011, 02:16 PM
imo improving the pass rush will hel Jenkins more than safety play...the safeties the year before were not great, but Dallas got to QB more

Just 7 more sacks in 09' TXB. but the defense had 9 more ints last year. The big play over the top cost the Cowboys BIG TIME last season and that was 75% due to a lack of safety help. In 09' the defense gave up a long of 74yards, 45 plays of 20+ and just 5 plays of 40+ yards. In 10' they gave up a long of 91yards, 57 plays over 20 yards and 13 plays of 40+ yards. this was on just 3 more pass attempts per game defended vs 09'. The defensive line did take a step backwards in my opinion but also the opposing QB's were getting rid of the ball much quicker last season and the safeties were often nowhere to be found.

What do the 'boys do in free agency to help the DL in your opinion?

Txbroadcaster
08-01-2011, 02:34 PM
Just 7 more sacks in 09' TXB. but the defense had 9 more ints last year. The big play over the top cost the Cowboys BIG TIME last season and that was 75% due to a lack of safety help. In 09' the defense gave up a long of 74yards, 45 plays of 20+ and just 5 plays of 40+ yards. In 10' they gave up a long of 91yards, 57 plays over 20 yards and 13 plays of 40+ yards. this was on just 3 more pass attempts per game defended vs 09'. The defensive line did take a step backwards in my opinion but also the opposing QB's were getting rid of the ball much quicker last season and the safeties were often nowhere to be found.

What do the 'boys do in free agency to help the DL in your opinion?

Look you basically cant compare 09 and 10 stats because in 10 the team basically started over once Phillips was fired...before the change the D was TERRIBLE..not getting pressure, not generating TO's( except a couple of games that jumped up their stats)

Stats are great..but would u say this D last year created the same pressure as the year before? Even Ware who I love was not as dominating last year with 16 sacks as he was the year before with only 11 sacks because it was feast or famine with the D..they either got the sack or did not hit the QB...a great pressure team is not only getting sacks, but getting in the QB's face and creating havoc even whem they dont get a sack..that is what last year's D DID NOT DO.

eagles_victory
08-01-2011, 02:58 PM
Several things wrong with your comment EV. Firstly, I never said it! Second, That basically means Dallas is better than 31 2/3 teams in the 32 team NFL! :crazy: (makes no sense). And finally, They didn't keep what they had. If I am counting correctly the Cowboys have dumped 9 players. If they fill those spots with quality free agents then once again most people will consider them one of the elite teams. Vegas already does and has given Dallas the 4th best odds in the NFC to win a Superbowl. And that's after a 6-10 record last year.............. Lol well you said something along the talent being better than 99 out of 100.

Farmersfan
08-01-2011, 03:19 PM
Lol well you said something along the talent being better than 99 out of 100.

I have repeatedly said they are a top team in talent. I'm not so sure they are better than 99 out of 100. but year in and year out they are a top 5 on their good years and top 10 on their down years. And almost every single season they are a favorite of A LOT of people to compete for a Superbowl. Expectations too high? Maybe but that's debatable. But with all the free agents that have been available in the NFL right now it seems like most of the cut starters for the Cowboys were snatched up pretty dang fast. I saw where even Columbo has just been signed.

Have you heard any news about interest or offers to L. Davis? I really thought he would have been gone as soon as he hit the market.

Txbroadcaster
08-01-2011, 03:28 PM
I have repeatedly said they are a top team in talent. I'm not so sure they are better than 99 out of 100. but year in and year out they are a top 5 on their good years and top 10 on their down years. And almost every single season they are a favorite of A LOT of people to compete for a Superbowl. Expectations too high? Maybe but that's debatable. But with all the free agents that have been available in the NFL right now it seems like most of the cut starters for the Cowboys were snatched up pretty dang fast. I saw where even Columbo has just been signed.

Have you heard any news about interest or offers to L. Davis? I really thought he would have been gone as soon as he hit the market.

Problem with Davis is he has now nothing more than a masher who goes forward and cannot move side to side well..more teams in the NFL are spreading it out and using speed, meaning the guards have to be able to pull and block in space.

Txbroadcaster
08-01-2011, 04:16 PM
Cowboys close to resigning Hatcher, so DL should be filled..now lets see what they do at FS and SS

Roughneck93
08-01-2011, 05:28 PM
Cowboys close to resigning Hatcher, so DL should be filled..now lets see what they do at FS and SS

Cool. Just read that they signed him to a three year deal.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/6824961/dallas-cowboys-keep-de-jason-hatcher-three-year-deal

bobcat1
08-01-2011, 05:34 PM
Cool. Just read that they signed him to a three year deal.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/6824961/dallas-cowboys-keep-de-jason-hatcher-three-year-dealAwesome. We needed him.